MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > Cruisers Lounge
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.


Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Reply
Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 10-21-2005, 07:48 AM   #41
Greenway Smokey
Super duper member!
 
Greenway Smokey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Galleria
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 2,382


Bike(s):
'04 1200XL









Send a message via AIM to Greenway Smokey
1200 bones! yikes, I thought you were doing this all yourself to save money.
__________________
If dwells inside us, like some people say, I sure hope he likes enchiladas, because that's what he's getting!
www.eat4sport.com
Greenway Smokey is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Problem: Bike makes turbo spool sound.. but i have no turbo! JusAnotherTran How To's and Q & A's 30 10-08-2009 01:11 AM
Can you say TURBO? Solracer Off Topic 13 04-09-2008 11:00 AM
turbo help... upononer6 Off Topic 12 03-09-2007 06:16 PM
new turbo zero4o3 General Discussion (Moto Related) 28 09-21-2006 01:09 AM
New turbo build update ScooterTrash Cruisers Lounge 56 02-11-2006 02:53 AM
Advertisement
Old 10-21-2005, 01:38 PM   #42
The Menace
We Fly HI
 
The Menace's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Galleria
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 3,085


Bike(s):
CR250,CR450,Kx125 Fmx out, and 2 50's 1 real 1 knock off









anyways i forgot to mention that, thats is pimp
The Menace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2005, 02:20 PM   #43
ScooterTrash
ConroePowderCoating.com
 
ScooterTrash's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Cut n Shoot
Feedback Rating: (3)
Posts: 17,239


Bike(s):
lots of em






Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenway Smokey
1200 bones! yikes, I thought you were doing this all yourself to save money.
yep, bummed me out, over two months and very little done and then the manifold work was done in a hurry. I should have done it myself but oh well, live and learn. I am now :-) I'm grinding and rewelding and also have started on the exhaust for the 2.5" downpipe to blend to a 3" exhaust.
I still have to mount the turbo scavenge pump and lines and guages. I have to install the wideband and guage and also boost guage and lines. Yesterday, I ordered all the silicone connectors and spring tensioned T clamps and colored red to match the pinstriping on the tank and logo. Today I bought a wicked scroll saw and am also working on making a skull out of aluminum stock to tap and use as the wingnut for the filter element in the velocity stack I already made. I'll post new pictures when all the silicone and clamps come in, then I can mount the carb and charge pipe etc. Hopefully I'll have the exhaust completely finished by tomorrow afternoon. I plan on using the heat wrap on the manifold to the turbo, so hopefully I'll have it wrapped and clean also by photo time. Goodies supposed to be here saturday.
wooot fer me.
__________________
[COLOR="Lime"][B]Highway HorrorS c.c.[/B][/COLOR]



[QUOTE=Mr.D;2764337]
I respect scootertrash because well... He's like the Jesus of building and fixing .
[/QUOTE]
ScooterTrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2005, 03:39 PM   #44
mightymouse
Senior Member
 
mightymouse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 186












Quote:
Originally Posted by ScooterTrash
yep, bummed me out, over two months and very little done and then the manifold work was done in a hurry. I should have done it myself but oh well, live and learn. I am now :-) I'm grinding and rewelding and also have started on the exhaust for the 2.5" downpipe to blend to a 3" exhaust.
I still have to mount the turbo scavenge pump and lines and guages. I have to install the wideband and guage and also boost guage and lines. Yesterday, I ordered all the silicone connectors and spring tensioned T clamps and colored red to match the pinstriping on the tank and logo. Today I bought a wicked scroll saw and am also working on making a skull out of aluminum stock to tap and use as the wingnut for the filter element in the velocity stack I already made. I'll post new pictures when all the silicone and clamps come in, then I can mount the carb and charge pipe etc. Hopefully I'll have the exhaust completely finished by tomorrow afternoon. I plan on using the heat wrap on the manifold to the turbo, so hopefully I'll have it wrapped and clean also by photo time. Goodies supposed to be here saturday.
wooot fer me.
So your not going to have a wast gate or any thing like that?
mightymouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2005, 08:05 PM   #45
ScooterTrash
ConroePowderCoating.com
 
ScooterTrash's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Cut n Shoot
Feedback Rating: (3)
Posts: 17,239


Bike(s):
lots of em






Quote:
Originally Posted by mightymouse
So your not going to have a wast gate or any thing like that?
surely I do, its an internal waste gate design, turbo housing has it built in and the vac canister is set at 8# I think
__________________
[COLOR="Lime"][B]Highway HorrorS c.c.[/B][/COLOR]



[QUOTE=Mr.D;2764337]
I respect scootertrash because well... He's like the Jesus of building and fixing .
[/QUOTE]
ScooterTrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2005, 08:36 PM   #46
B.S. Motorsports
non agent jake
 
B.S. Motorsports's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: S.E. all by my self
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 5,788


Bike(s):
20th ann. gsxr 750









cant wait till its finished man good luck...
__________________
____________________________________


morefun00800033mr[/IMG][/
!!If it aint its !!
B.S. Motorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2005, 09:00 AM   #47
TxVrod
Senior Member
 
TxVrod's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Arlington, TX
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 3,233












Quote:
Originally Posted by ScooterTrash
ok, baaaack :-)
anyway, I went and picked up my bike today from Autologic.
They havent really done squat with it in the 2 minths they had it, thye got the turbo I ordered, the built the manifold for me and thats all.
So I have it at the house and I have a ton of things I bought for it to finish it up.

Photos coming soon, I have a lot of work to do.


still cost me $1200+ at autologic for their weak efforts.
Why does the name "RJ" come to mind?
TxVrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2005, 05:11 PM   #48
ScooterTrash
ConroePowderCoating.com
 
ScooterTrash's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Cut n Shoot
Feedback Rating: (3)
Posts: 17,239


Bike(s):
lots of em






Quote:
Originally Posted by TxVrod
Why does the name "RJ" come to mind?
Bwahahahahaa! I was saying the exact same thing to my buddy! They gotta be related
__________________
[COLOR="Lime"][B]Highway HorrorS c.c.[/B][/COLOR]



[QUOTE=Mr.D;2764337]
I respect scootertrash because well... He's like the Jesus of building and fixing .
[/QUOTE]
ScooterTrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2005, 08:13 PM   #49
B.S. Motorsports
non agent jake
 
B.S. Motorsports's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: S.E. all by my self
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 5,788


Bike(s):
20th ann. gsxr 750









whats wrong w/ autologic...
__________________
____________________________________


morefun00800033mr[/IMG][/
!!If it aint its !!
B.S. Motorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2005, 09:35 PM   #50
mightymouse
Senior Member
 
mightymouse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 186












Quote:
Originally Posted by ScooterTrash
surely I do, its an internal waste gate design, turbo housing has it built in and the vac canister is set at 8# I think
Ok cool.. I was thinking boy with out a wast gate he's going to make lots of boost....
mightymouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2005, 05:47 AM   #51
ScooterTrash
ConroePowderCoating.com
 
ScooterTrash's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Cut n Shoot
Feedback Rating: (3)
Posts: 17,239


Bike(s):
lots of em






Quote:
Originally Posted by B.S. Motorsports
whats wrong w/ autologic...
ok, heres the scoop.
I went to Autologic because they have a great reputation in the local custom turbo kit industry, if there is one. Basically because Jason aka St00pid has a good rep and has built a name for doing awesome work. I meet him up there, we had discussed previously on the phone what I wanted, we talk about it and the plans for duplicating the kit for resale, the whole 9 yards, he is involved in "yes I'm gonna do this and that etc etc".
End result, the bike sits there for 2.5 months, hardly anything done, in fact, the only thing done was order the turbo and the partial completion of the manifold that you see in the original shots. nothing else. I end up discovering that Jason doesnt have any interest in autologic, as in, he doesnt own it, he doesnt want to do fab work anymore, just tuning and the work that was done on my bike was done by a kid that works there. The manifold is workable indeed, but not anywhere near the quality I was expecting, especially when I get charged 400. for it and it was obvious it was done in a hurry because they knew I was coming to get my bike. How did they know I was coming you may ask? They knew that because after repeated phone calls to them, repeated "no answers" as in, never answer the phone or return calls I resorted to messages I left on their answering machine.

End result, I paid 1200 to get my bike stored for 2.5 months and it came back to me with a gt15 in a box. I'm gonna finish this critter soon though, am way anxious to hear it run and , I just wanna go riding!

I guess my Harley turbo project wasn't enough money for them to garner the attention it was promised when dropped off, live and learn I guess.
I am also working on another avenue of duplication of this kit once the bugs are worked out.
__________________
[COLOR="Lime"][B]Highway HorrorS c.c.[/B][/COLOR]



[QUOTE=Mr.D;2764337]
I respect scootertrash because well... He's like the Jesus of building and fixing .
[/QUOTE]
ScooterTrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2005, 05:50 AM   #52
ScooterTrash
ConroePowderCoating.com
 
ScooterTrash's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Cut n Shoot
Feedback Rating: (3)
Posts: 17,239


Bike(s):
lots of em






Quote:
Originally Posted by mightymouse
Ok cool.. I was thinking boy with out a wast gate he's going to make lots of boost....
my goofy assed brother does that to his diesel wrecker truck. He has the waste gate totally disconnected, tied shut.
I told him he was a goofy bastid and warned him of the impending doom, but he said "Heck fire, sure does make it go a lot better !"
__________________
[COLOR="Lime"][B]Highway HorrorS c.c.[/B][/COLOR]



[QUOTE=Mr.D;2764337]
I respect scootertrash because well... He's like the Jesus of building and fixing .
[/QUOTE]
ScooterTrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2005, 06:54 PM   #53
B.S. Motorsports
non agent jake
 
B.S. Motorsports's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: S.E. all by my self
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 5,788


Bike(s):
20th ann. gsxr 750









ya i know jason and auto logic thats why i am so suprised in this. Im sorry to here this man really i am i love this and cant wait to see the finished product good luck..
__________________
____________________________________


morefun00800033mr[/IMG][/
!!If it aint its !!
B.S. Motorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2005, 06:48 PM   #54
ScooterTrash
ConroePowderCoating.com
 
ScooterTrash's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Cut n Shoot
Feedback Rating: (3)
Posts: 17,239


Bike(s):
lots of em






Quote:
Originally Posted by B.S. Motorsports
ya i know jason and auto logic thats why i am so suprised in this. Im sorry to here this man really i am i love this and cant wait to see the finished product good luck..
yep, they kinda let me down too


but here are some more updates with the photos of the work I have done. wooot fer me.

Muddy's Turbo

MVC 013S
__________________
[COLOR="Lime"][B]Highway HorrorS c.c.[/B][/COLOR]



[QUOTE=Mr.D;2764337]
I respect scootertrash because well... He's like the Jesus of building and fixing .
[/QUOTE]
ScooterTrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2005, 09:35 AM   #55
Greenway Smokey
Super duper member!
 
Greenway Smokey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Galleria
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 2,382


Bike(s):
'04 1200XL









Send a message via AIM to Greenway Smokey
Scooter, it looks! Kind of hangs way out ther a bit, but I guess that is the way to go with a turbo on a sportster.

You gonna have to go with the Mid controls now.
__________________
If dwells inside us, like some people say, I sure hope he likes enchiladas, because that's what he's getting!
www.eat4sport.com
Greenway Smokey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2005, 10:14 AM   #56
ScooterTrash
ConroePowderCoating.com
 
ScooterTrash's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Cut n Shoot
Feedback Rating: (3)
Posts: 17,239


Bike(s):
lots of em






Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenway Smokey
Scooter, it looks! Kind of hangs way out ther a bit, but I guess that is the way to go with a turbo on a sportster.

You gonna have to go with the Mid controls now.
nope on the mids, the forwards are fine indeed, plenty of room, it really doesnt hang out there any further than the factory carb and ham can did. The air cleaner can was in the way more than the turbo is now because it was further back where the knee would rest on it. All the piping is done with it tucked in and the exhaust pipe is made where it follows the frame line and tucks under and out of the way as well. It just looks nekked to me because it doesnt have that big assed chrome can and two chrome pipes on it now.
Its gonna be funny, if veiwing the bike from the left side, it is sedate and stock looking, ie: Dr. Jekyll. If veiwing from the right side, it looks all sinister and wicked, ie: Mr. Hyde. :laughing6 my bike is like a split personality
__________________
[COLOR="Lime"][B]Highway HorrorS c.c.[/B][/COLOR]



[QUOTE=Mr.D;2764337]
I respect scootertrash because well... He's like the Jesus of building and fixing .
[/QUOTE]
ScooterTrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2005, 10:14 PM   #57
Greenway Smokey
Super duper member!
 
Greenway Smokey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Galleria
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 2,382


Bike(s):
'04 1200XL









Send a message via AIM to Greenway Smokey
when do you think you'll be ready to take it out to PP1 to show it off?
__________________
If dwells inside us, like some people say, I sure hope he likes enchiladas, because that's what he's getting!
www.eat4sport.com
Greenway Smokey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2005, 12:50 AM   #58
B.S. Motorsports
non agent jake
 
B.S. Motorsports's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: S.E. all by my self
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 5,788


Bike(s):
20th ann. gsxr 750









soon i hope
__________________
____________________________________


morefun00800033mr[/IMG][/
!!If it aint its !!
B.S. Motorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2005, 04:12 AM   #59
DuBwEaR
Agent PIMP
 
DuBwEaR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Houston-Med Center
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 2,326


Bike(s):
2003 Kawasaki Ninja ZX7R




Member Garage





that thing looks mean! cant wait to see it out at PP1
__________________
http://www.myspace.com/dubwear
http://www.cardomain.com/profile/dubwear
2003 Kawasaki Ninja ZX7R
1995 Honda Shadow VLX
2004 Nissan Frontier XE
DuBwEaR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2005, 01:07 AM   #60
B.S. Motorsports
non agent jake
 
B.S. Motorsports's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: S.E. all by my self
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 5,788


Bike(s):
20th ann. gsxr 750









werd!
__________________
____________________________________


morefun00800033mr[/IMG][/
!!If it aint its !!
B.S. Motorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Advertisement


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:49 AM.


MotoHouston.com is not responsible for the content posted by users.
Privacy Policy