MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > Cruisers Lounge
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.


FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Reply
Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 09-08-2005, 07:55 AM   #1
ScooterTrash
ConroePowderCoating.com
 
ScooterTrash's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Cut n Shoot
Feedback Rating: (3)
Posts: 17,239


Bike(s):
lots of em






My turbo Harley update

..
__________________
[COLOR="Lime"][B]Highway HorrorS c.c.[/B][/COLOR]



[QUOTE=Mr.D;2764337]
I respect scootertrash because well... He's like the Jesus of building and fixing .
[/QUOTE]
ScooterTrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Problem: Bike makes turbo spool sound.. but i have no turbo! JusAnotherTran How To's and Q & A's 30 10-08-2009 01:11 AM
Can you say TURBO? Solracer Off Topic 13 04-09-2008 11:00 AM
turbo help... upononer6 Off Topic 12 03-09-2007 06:16 PM
new turbo zero4o3 General Discussion (Moto Related) 28 09-21-2006 01:09 AM
New turbo build update ScooterTrash Cruisers Lounge 56 02-11-2006 02:53 AM
Advertisement
Old 09-08-2005, 08:10 AM   #2
mad
Banned
 
mad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: in fornt of the computer
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 530


Bike(s):
Suzuki M50









User is banned

.
mad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2005, 08:18 AM   #3
ScooterTrash
ConroePowderCoating.com
 
ScooterTrash's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Cut n Shoot
Feedback Rating: (3)
Posts: 17,239


Bike(s):
lots of em






Re: My turbo Harley update

Quote:
Originally Posted by mad
how much did you pay for it?
pay for what? the turbo? garrett gt15 BB around 700+ range
the fabrication and install, I dunno yet. we are doing this to be duplicated for distribution to the masses.
I should have some kit pricing assembled soon. Looking at providing an affordable kit that is complete with everything to take the stock harley from approx. 70 hp to easily well over the century mark on low boost and pump gas.

This is being done at Autologic, I will be doing the tuning on the dyno.
__________________
[COLOR="Lime"][B]Highway HorrorS c.c.[/B][/COLOR]



[QUOTE=Mr.D;2764337]
I respect scootertrash because well... He's like the Jesus of building and fixing .
[/QUOTE]
ScooterTrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2005, 08:29 AM   #4
TxVrod
Senior Member
 
TxVrod's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Arlington, TX
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 3,233












Re: My turbo Harley update

Is that thing gonna be done by the time the Lone Star Rally rolls around? I'm gonna be down there and there ain't gonna be any other dudes on the pillion
TxVrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2005, 08:32 AM   #5
ScooterTrash
ConroePowderCoating.com
 
ScooterTrash's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Cut n Shoot
Feedback Rating: (3)
Posts: 17,239


Bike(s):
lots of em






Re: My turbo Harley update

I dont even know when the lone star rally is :-)
and now that all the is in, it is just a matter of getting it all welded up.
i have the check valve made for the maf sensor and I have the ball busting oil pump ordered. That should take care of the two woes we had to mull over and solve. Dyno time very soon. :biggthumpup:
I have so many people waiting on this kit already :-)
two sold on my street alone
__________________
[COLOR="Lime"][B]Highway HorrorS c.c.[/B][/COLOR]



[QUOTE=Mr.D;2764337]
I respect scootertrash because well... He's like the Jesus of building and fixing .
[/QUOTE]
ScooterTrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2005, 08:42 AM   #6
TxVrod
Senior Member
 
TxVrod's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Arlington, TX
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 3,233












Re: My turbo Harley update

Sept 29 - Oct 2 coupla weeks mang
TxVrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2005, 08:55 AM   #7
ScooterTrash
ConroePowderCoating.com
 
ScooterTrash's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Cut n Shoot
Feedback Rating: (3)
Posts: 17,239


Bike(s):
lots of em






Re: My turbo Harley update

Quote:
Originally Posted by TxVrod
Sept 29 - Oct 2 coupla weeks mang
jumpin' jehovas! Gotta get busy I reckon. wasnt planning on even going to it because I think crowds that size suck. Might do itt his year though just to see the freaks. :dontknow:
__________________
[COLOR="Lime"][B]Highway HorrorS c.c.[/B][/COLOR]



[QUOTE=Mr.D;2764337]
I respect scootertrash because well... He's like the Jesus of building and fixing .
[/QUOTE]
ScooterTrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2005, 09:30 AM   #8
Greenway Smokey
Super duper member!
 
Greenway Smokey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Galleria
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 2,382


Bike(s):
'04 1200XL









Send a message via AIM to Greenway Smokey
Re: My turbo Harley update

I see you put forward controls on a roadster... You gonna keep it like after the trubo?

What else have you done to your engine besides the trubo?
__________________
If dwells inside us, like some people say, I sure hope he likes enchiladas, because that's what he's getting!
www.eat4sport.com
Greenway Smokey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2005, 11:12 AM   #9
tbone16
Senior Member
 
tbone16's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 296












Re: My turbo Harley update

should start a turbo harley gang. "The boost hogs" or somthin. I realy cant wait to see and hear this. How much for the kits?
tbone16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2005, 03:37 PM   #10
roadrash05
Guest
 
Posts: n/a







Member Garage





Re: My turbo Harley update

daaaang, that looks wicked man. right:
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2005, 04:16 PM   #11
ScooterTrash
ConroePowderCoating.com
 
ScooterTrash's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Cut n Shoot
Feedback Rating: (3)
Posts: 17,239


Bike(s):
lots of em






Re: My turbo Harley update

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenway Smokey
I see you put forward controls on a roadster... You gonna keep it like after the trubo?

What else have you done to your engine besides the trubo?
I was thinking of going back to mid controls and drag bars, but honestly, the apes kinda make me in a different mood and I might stay alive longer not making it a full tilt boogie. Am just looking for a few more ponies to make it fun, but not rag the motor either, so the gt 15 was chosen, low boost and pump gas should be craploads fun. I should be in full boost way low in the rpm scale and pull like mad to redline. Pretty excited and will take new photos on saturday when my son takes his srt there for a few dyno pulls.
__________________
[COLOR="Lime"][B]Highway HorrorS c.c.[/B][/COLOR]



[QUOTE=Mr.D;2764337]
I respect scootertrash because well... He's like the Jesus of building and fixing .
[/QUOTE]
ScooterTrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2005, 04:23 PM   #12
Greenway Smokey
Super duper member!
 
Greenway Smokey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Galleria
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 2,382


Bike(s):
'04 1200XL









Send a message via AIM to Greenway Smokey
Re: My turbo Harley update

What kind of pipes are you useing? You should check out www.XLforum.net , you would blow those those guys away.

__________________
If dwells inside us, like some people say, I sure hope he likes enchiladas, because that's what he's getting!
www.eat4sport.com
Greenway Smokey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2005, 07:54 PM   #13
ScooterTrash
ConroePowderCoating.com
 
ScooterTrash's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Cut n Shoot
Feedback Rating: (3)
Posts: 17,239


Bike(s):
lots of em






Re: My turbo Harley update

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenway Smokey
What kind of pipes are you useing? You should check out www.XLforum.net , you would blow those those guys away.

I know all those guys over there :-) I'm gonna blow em away when I have a dyno sheet to back up the doo :-)
Then with its mean looks and HP, it will sell itself.
__________________
[COLOR="Lime"][B]Highway HorrorS c.c.[/B][/COLOR]



[QUOTE=Mr.D;2764337]
I respect scootertrash because well... He's like the Jesus of building and fixing .
[/QUOTE]
ScooterTrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2005, 12:44 PM   #14
JoeRider
Guest
 
Posts: n/a







Member Garage





Re: My turbo Harley update

Heh...it looks good. I think you should polish your snail before getting it all put together tho. When your done lets meet up for lunch...gotta hear it!!
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2005, 05:20 PM   #15
ScooterTrash
ConroePowderCoating.com
 
ScooterTrash's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Cut n Shoot
Feedback Rating: (3)
Posts: 17,239


Bike(s):
lots of em






Re: My turbo Harley update

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeRider
Heh...it looks good. I think you should polish your snail before getting it all put together tho. When your done lets meet up for lunch...gotta hear it!!
well, this / my kit isnt going to be a bling kit. Its more of a test mule kit, so purty aint the objective. The kit for sale will indeed have stainless or carbon steel piping choices and also might buff a casing or two, I'll bet it would look great with the rockers buffed bright too.
I would love to do lunch,
__________________
[COLOR="Lime"][B]Highway HorrorS c.c.[/B][/COLOR]



[QUOTE=Mr.D;2764337]
I respect scootertrash because well... He's like the Jesus of building and fixing .
[/QUOTE]
ScooterTrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2005, 07:36 AM   #16
Patrick
Motorcycles Unlimited
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Houston
Feedback Rating: (2)
Posts: 16,367

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
'14 Speed Triple R, '82 CB900F, '13 Streetglide






Re: My turbo Harley update

Looks good. What method of boost control are you using? Manual waste gate or digital? How much psi. are you running at full boost?


Patrick
__________________
Call or PM for the BEST PRICES in Houston for PARTS and ACCESSORIES.
MAKE SURE TO MENTION YOU'RE ON MH TO GET THE BEST PRICE!

NEED GEAR? We have a great selection in stock but if we need to order it we GUARANTEE FIT!
Where Houston riders go to have their bikes worked on, done right the first time!


muad

1964 FM 1960 West
Houston, TX 77090
Hours: Tues.-Fri. 9:30-6:00 Sat. 9-5:30
www.motorcycles-unlimited.com
http://www.facebook.com/motorcyclesunlimited
e-mail: patrick@motorcycles-unlimited.com
Patrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2005, 04:31 PM   #17
ScooterTrash
ConroePowderCoating.com
 
ScooterTrash's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Cut n Shoot
Feedback Rating: (3)
Posts: 17,239


Bike(s):
lots of em






Re: My turbo Harley update

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick
Looks good. What method of boost control are you using? Manual waste gate or digital? How much psi. are you running at full boost?


Patrick
internally wastegated at 8 psi, can adjust higher, but dont really need it.
__________________
[COLOR="Lime"][B]Highway HorrorS c.c.[/B][/COLOR]



[QUOTE=Mr.D;2764337]
I respect scootertrash because well... He's like the Jesus of building and fixing .
[/QUOTE]
ScooterTrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2005, 08:34 PM   #18
ScooterTrash
ConroePowderCoating.com
 
ScooterTrash's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Cut n Shoot
Feedback Rating: (3)
Posts: 17,239


Bike(s):
lots of em






Re: My turbo Harley update

I ordered my wideband and digital readout today (awesome)
I ordered a cool boost gauge that turns into a mirror finish when the power is off. (pretty awesome)
I also ordered the turbo oil scavenge pump today (down right neato).....wooooooot right:
__________________
[COLOR="Lime"][B]Highway HorrorS c.c.[/B][/COLOR]



[QUOTE=Mr.D;2764337]
I respect scootertrash because well... He's like the Jesus of building and fixing .
[/QUOTE]
ScooterTrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2005, 07:34 PM   #19
ScooterTrash
ConroePowderCoating.com
 
ScooterTrash's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Cut n Shoot
Feedback Rating: (3)
Posts: 17,239


Bike(s):
lots of em






Re: My turbo Harley update

Dayum! just got my scavenge pump in today almost as big as a soda can now I gotta find somewhere on the scoot to hide / hang it and plumb to it (saturday)
__________________
[COLOR="Lime"][B]Highway HorrorS c.c.[/B][/COLOR]



[QUOTE=Mr.D;2764337]
I respect scootertrash because well... He's like the Jesus of building and fixing .
[/QUOTE]
ScooterTrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2005, 08:37 AM   #20
Greenway Smokey
Super duper member!
 
Greenway Smokey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Galleria
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 2,382


Bike(s):
'04 1200XL









Send a message via AIM to Greenway Smokey
Re: My turbo Harley update

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScooterTrash
Dayum! just got my scavenge pump in today* almost as big as a soda can now I gotta find somewhere on the scoot to hide / hang it and plumb to it (saturday)
Can you take pictures of the process? I like to see stuff like that in durring the install.
__________________
If dwells inside us, like some people say, I sure hope he likes enchiladas, because that's what he's getting!
www.eat4sport.com
Greenway Smokey is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Advertisement


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:24 PM.


MotoHouston.com is not responsible for the content posted by users.
Privacy Policy