Welcome back to us :/ Our hosts data center was down for the entire day.
MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > Off Topic (everything else) > Off Topic
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 01-20-2008, 02:14 AM   #1
AhmadHasib
Turkey Sammich: Mmmm Good

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 1 year

Am I the skinniest guy on MotoHouston? [Plus extra tidbits]

Im 6'4" and 140 lbs.

Ive tried, and tried, and tried to gain weight, but was left unsuccessful. I tried the "eat what ever the F you want", now my cholesterol is almost double what it should be, but didn't gain a single pound. It's as if I can eat a 10 pound steak, then end up losing 5 pounds at the end of the meal. Weird, I know.

I tried the protein shakes and gym. I got a little more cut, but no gain in mass. But I did get to enjoy the tasting shakes.

This was all done when I quit smoking for a year and a half. (The gym really does something to you if your a smoker, good way to help you quit).

I hate buffets because my stomach is the size of a quarter. I get full very fast, but tend to eat many many portions. Im eating a turkey sandwich right now. Hellmann's Mayonnaise FTW.

I'm also single and love long walks on the beach

My mom hates motor cycles of all sorts. I'm 21 and I love bikes. Their House, Their Rules. (Thus "Mission: Convince Mom" above Avatar)

When I bought a Mac, I was depressed for a good 2 months wondering why i made such a retarded decision. Now, I love Mac. Mac > PC, Except I've built a passion of hate for Steve Jobs. Very creepy dude in Black Hanes Shirt.

I dated a girl for 6 years (my first and only). Note the past tense in the word date. I can't trust women anymore. I'm sure I'm being stubborn by saying it now.. But hopefully time should bring me back to normal.

I think this Smiley is cool:

This forum is a lot more entertaining than H-I. Uh-oh.. Thats an instant Ban for life. I kid, I kid.

I keep having dreams of beating people up, but every time I try to punch them, It feels like somethings holding my arms back so I can't hit emm as hard as I can. This is also weird, I know.

I have a twin brother who is over 300 lbs. Yes, we're fraternal. Yes, we're the complete opposite. Yes we can some how reach each others mind and be telepathic in some way, its kinda cool.

I'm more of a follower than a leader. Not because I don't hold the confidence and leadership roles of a leader, but because I need to stay in the back to make sure no one gets lost or left behind.

I really want the 08' Ninja 250R. As I hear from many of yall, "Don't get a new bike for your first bike, it's gonna get dropped and itll be a lot more expensive to fix than the older model Ninja's." I know this isn't gonna be my last bike, but my noob self is looking for cool points on a bike that looks good. Sigh, I feel like a tard. Someone please keep trying to convince me to get the older model ninja so I can save myself some $$$.

I saw a guy at Town Center [Sugar Land] with a Yellow Mohawk on his Helmet today.. it put a smile on my face when I saw a bunch of little ones (10 year olds) getting excited, trying to get there parents to look at him. He waved, kids and parents waved. He left, and the kids were happy. I see why someone would wanna rock the hawk. +1 to you Mohawk rocker.

Anyone on MotoHouston skinnier than me?

Last edited by AhmadHasib; 01-20-2008 at 02:16 AM.
AhmadHasib is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
The Motohouston Comcast guy paniro187 Off Topic 18 08-14-2015 06:28 PM
30 tidbits about Rossi RACER X Taking it to the Track 9 12-25-2009 02:18 AM
EXTRA EXTRA Read all about it gsxrjai General Discussion (Moto Related) 26 07-25-2008 10:18 PM
extra! extra! read all about it! witchdoctor575 Off Topic 19 06-13-2008 10:24 PM
"Flipboy's the coolest motohouston.com guy" ride...pending flip326 Events, Meets and Rides 23 10-27-2005 11:59 AM
Advertisement
Old 01-20-2008, 04:19 AM   #2
__NATE__

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
07 Hayabusa
Honda Crf 450
TTR 90
Yami PW 50

Im not but I am probaly one the biggest standing in a almost 6'3 352
~~When you go into court, you are putting yourself in the hands of 12 people who weren't smart enough to get out of jury duty.~~~THIS IS MY BUSA THEIR ARE MANY LIKE IT BUT THIS IS MINE! WITH OUT MY BUSA I'M A CAGER!~~~
__NATE__ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2008, 04:24 AM   #3
matemike
Grip it 'n' Rip it!

Feedback Rating: (3)

Experience: 5 years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2007 GSXR 750
2007 GSXR 600...tracked out

Member Garage

u rambled on...its all good though.
And you're skinny, but you're only 21, I didn't start filling out (somewhat) til i was 23 or 24. I was about 140-150 lbs last year. Now I'm 6' 175.
Old 01-20-2008, 04:26 AM   #4
Guitar Man
Keep moving!!!!>>>>>>>>>>

Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
2013 Suzuki V Strom DL650 22,000 miles
09 Yamaha FZ6 59,651 miles (RIP)
07 Yamaha FZ6 39,668 miles (RIP)
73 Triumph Tiger 750
Cannondale Quick CX4 (Pedal Powaa!!)

I was 6ft even and 134lbs at 18 right before I went into the Navy. I got out of boot camp at 150, 16lb. gain of muscle right there, was in the best shape of my life. You will probably fill out a little as time goes by. I would'nt worry about it too much, your young is all, metabolism is still kicking at full tilt.
Old 01-20-2008, 08:48 AM   #5
Squoddybody
This is me.

Feedback Rating: (5)

Experience: 8 years
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
Custom 2003 SV650

Wow. My son nearly weighs as much as you and he's only 9. Just kidding, he's only 105. My bf is 6'4" and weighs 205, and I think he's tall and thin, so I can't imagine how skinny you must appear. It's all good, though. You shouldn't worry so much about your weight- you seem like you're well put together!

Oh, and I wouldn't trust any girls, either! Just kidding.

Don't have any advice for your mother, though, sorry. I've never been overprotective so I don't know what will make her bend. Getting a 250 is a good start, though, you won't be able to go very fast, so speed won't be an issue. Also, take MSF. Maybe you could take your mom with you to MSF. It helped me so much to realize I could handle the bike and it wasn't trying to kill me!

follow me on IG - squoddybody
Squoddybody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2008, 09:08 AM   #6
PoPoRiderRR
NO MO BIKE guy!

Trackdays: 2

Bike(s):
2007 CBR 1000 RR *** SOLD ***

... I have not seen 140 since I was like 11... sweet...
Old 01-20-2008, 09:44 AM   #7
Solracer
MotoHouston.com Owner.

Feedback Rating: (9)

Bike(s):
2006 YZF600R (Street)
2009 Iron 883

Member Garage

when I graduated HS I was 5'11 128lbs lol

now Im 28 and 5'11 190lbs lol

just wait till you metabolism slows....
Old 01-20-2008, 09:54 AM   #8
matemike
Grip it 'n' Rip it!

Bike(s):
2007 GSXR 750

Member Garage

U said u hit the weights too? That's prolly your best bet, it's what worked for me. I hate to sound like I'm frikin braggin, but when my bench max went from 155 to 240 lbs in a little less than a year, that's when I started putting on some pounds as well. No protein shakes, a little bit of cardio, but mostly weights.
Old 01-20-2008, 09:56 AM   #9
Meaner-n-u
Just so you know...

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 7 years

Bike(s):
2013 Triumph Speed Triple SE
09 Fz6"Rrrrr"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guitar Man View Post
I was 6ft even and 134lbs at 18 right before I went into the Navy. I got out of boot camp at 150, 16lb. gain of muscle right there, was in the best shape of my life. You will probably fill out a little as time goes by. I would'nt worry about it too much, your young is all, metabolism is still kicking at full tilt.

When I met G-Man he was rockin' a 28/34 pant. I can't imagine what size you are having to find! He couldn't fit a 32/34 until his 30's. He also tried everything to bulk up. Weight training, protein shakes, junk food.

Having gone through all that with him I have a piece of advice. Don't waste your money or your time worrying about what you look like today. You can't change your height or your weight right now - so what. Find people who don't care about your looks and don't care with them. You will be much happier.
Old 01-20-2008, 10:02 AM   #10
TXOUTLAW
UNEMPLOYED B/F

Experience: 1-3 months

Bike(s):
2000 TL 1000
99 TL 1000
02 HD NIGHT TRAIN

5'7 @ 190 and bad to tha bone ! oh and just turn 39
TXOUTLAW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2008, 10:05 AM   #11
matemike
Grip it 'n' Rip it!

Bike(s):
2007 GSXR 750

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meaner-n-u View Post
Don't waste your money or your time worrying about what you look like today. You can't change your height or your weight right now - so what. Find people who don't care about your looks and don't care with them. You will be much happier.
Ya right!
Old 01-20-2008, 10:42 AM   #12
Mr.P
Driving Duh-Bus

Feedback Rating: (5)

Bike(s):
CBR1000RR

I was 5'9" and 135 pounds when I graduated high school. I could bench 175.

At 25 I was 5'9" still and 165 pounds.

At 26 my metabolism slowed. Went to 210 pounds by age 29.

Now I kinda watch what I eat, run once or twice a week, and stay around 185 pounds.

Never ever been to the gym, except maybe once a year to hang out with a friend. 2 years ago I went to an apartment complex with a gym. Benched 265, age 34.

Difference? Age, metabolism, muscle density? Don't know. Be glad you're thin now. You'll be thankful in 10 years.
Old 01-20-2008, 10:55 AM   #13
Steve O Chap
Big Hero

Bike(s):
1995 Suzuki RF600 - Sold
1993 Honda Shadow - Sold
2001 CBR F4i - Sold

6ft 3in... 180lbs... 11% body fat...

I turned 28 last week...

I eat like a horse, 4 meals a day...

I run between 9-15 miles a week... (varying schedules)

I lift 1 day a week... full upper body workout...

I tried for years to gain more muscle mass... I took protein shakes, ate TONS of chicken, turkey, rice, pasta, eggs... stopped cardio completely... lifted 5 days a week with my buddy...

He gained around 15-20lbs of muscle over the course of a year doing the same thing I did... I just got stronger...

Then I came to the conclusion that having big muscles doesn't make you any healthier... but being in great cardio shape does... so that's what I focus on now.
Old 01-20-2008, 11:26 AM   #14
isoplus
should be working

Bike(s):
Honda Shadow VT750C2, Hyosung GV650

You wanna gain weight?
GET MARRIED.

There's a chance that your GF might gain weight too though...
isoplus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2008, 12:00 PM   #15
ArturoC
51% Geek, 49% SuperHero

Bike(s):
'99 GSXR600
'04 NSR 50
'09 Yamaha WR250X
'07 Triumph 675

Member Garage

Send a message via ICQ to ArturoC Send a message via AIM to ArturoC Send a message via Yahoo to ArturoC Send a message via Skype™ to ArturoC
Don't force it. The weight will come in a few years.

I went to school with a guy that was 6'7" 127lbs. That dude was fawkin' SKINNY!
CMRA [Prov Nov]ice #404
Sponsors: D&D - GoPro - Amsoil
ArturoC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2008, 01:15 PM   #16
SPHINX
Ominous Misanthropia

Bike(s):
2006 ZX6R
2005 749S

Send a message via AIM to SPHINX
That was a nice rant, you pointed out many several miserable aspects of your existance. I face the same problem as you in the sense that I can't gain weight[I'm 20 now]. I weight around 135, however, I'm only 5'10 therefore I dont look extremely skinny. I often dicuss this with my father and he always advises me to just forget about it, when you hit 30 that's when you should start carefully monitoring what you eat... because it's certain you'll gain weight until you become some kind of morbidly obese piece of worthless matter if you do otherwise. However, if gaining weight is a priority perhaps you should consult a nutriologist. She will advise you how to properly increse your mass while maintaining healthy cholesterol levels.
Now regarding your first, definitely do not but a brand new one. It is easy to be spelbound and get carried away by the shiny plastics and the for speed, but you'll be sorry for your decision eventually. I did so once and dearly regreted it when I went to the dealer to buy replacement parts.
SPHINX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2008, 01:35 PM   #17
bignmz04
My better is better

Bike(s):
too many to list. but dreaming and waiting on the ktm RC8.

Send a message via AIM to bignmz04 Send a message via Yahoo to bignmz04
most people dont start putting any extreme size (muscular) at 21. it mostly happens from 25-30. from what i read it has a lot to do with the right test/esto balance. too much test will keep you skinny. too much esto will get you fat and give you gyno. so at 21. you are test is very high so you wont see all that much size. its still good to start working out at your age though. you will be addicted to it. and thats not such a bad thing. and dont worry about the girls man. they come and go.

i worked as a certified personal trainer before lawschool took my life over. so if you have any questions just pm me.
bignmz04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2008, 02:31 PM   #18
Squanto84
Ruh Roh..

Feedback Rating: (7)

Member Garage

I'm 6'1 and just under 140 lbs. I know how you feel. keep up the workout schedule, you'll thank me when you're older . I'm only 23, but i've started gaining some weight, I used to be 6'1" and 125 lbs. Both my older sisters were skinny too, but not my mom One sis was 5'7" and 90 lbs, and the other 5'7" and ~130. It's in your genes, nothing you can do about that. Just get out there and have a good time. Chicks are loco, and the ones with a straight head on their shoulders will tell you this too. About the bike - - Hit up "Seth". He's a skinny also, and he's getting ready to move up from his ninja 250, to a bigger bike. So obviously he's going to be selling his 2-5-0. I'll PM you some details. G/l and don't spend your money for your first biek on a new bike. get one you don't have to worry about 'learning' on. AND GET FULL GEAR!
Old 01-20-2008, 02:38 PM   #19
Azylum
The Chosen One

Feedback Rating: (23)

Experience: 8 years
Trackdays: 2

QUICK! SOMEBODY GET THIS GUY A SAMMICH!
Old 01-20-2008, 02:55 PM   #20
bignmz04
My better is better

Bike(s):
too many to list. but dreaming and waiting on the ktm RC8.

Send a message via AIM to bignmz04 Send a message via Yahoo to bignmz04
eff that. all you skinny guys make me a sammich. i will atleast put it to good use.
bignmz04 is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisement