MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > Taking it to the Track
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 01-21-2008, 12:54 PM   #21
azoomm

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
Ducati 998
KTM 450 EXC tarded
Ducati M900
BMW F800GS
Ducati Hyper EVO SP

Send a message via Yahoo to azoomm
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomLSTD View Post
Ima be optomistic, but I can't help but think that during this cold and wet weather that the impatience of getting cars on the track isn't going to screw up the pavement before it's had time to cure...

I'm sure there's more than one track owner out there who recently built/ repaved that wishes they would have waited longer for their tracks to cure before putting cars on it. I think the cost savings of NOT having to repave from damages incurred would pay for that alone...
No kidding, right? I'm just going to hold my breath and watch, pray, etc...

Personally, I'd vote for smaller bikes here. Review below is from Mike Nellis ('04 GSXR1000 CMRA #23 EX). He was out on Saturday with us.
Quote:
The track is very smooth with no abrupt changes between the various asphault sessions. It has some fun elevation changes similar to what you might find at Oak Hill or Hallett. The track is about the same width as Cresson in places but it doesn't have the longer straights that Cresson has.

The run off is excellent in both direction and I detected no hazards should the inadvertant off track excursion take place.

Personally, I think this is a nice flowing track, in either directon (and we ran both directions). There are some fast sections where you're hard on the throttle but still leaned waaay over. Lots of fun. The track is not overly technical favoring, instead, a late entry into most corners and rewarding hard drives out of the turns. It is not a heavy braking track like Hallett or Oak Hill either.

At 1.8 miles and 11 turns it is long enough to be fun but the milage isn't eaten up by long straights. It is not the best track for a 1000 inline 4 like my G1K but for 600's, SV's and other street oriented bikes it should be GREAT!

It's not TWS (Texas World Speedway) but then it wasn't designed to be.

Currently there is not much in the way of facilities (nothing but two port-o-potties) but, as I understand it, the plans are in place and I'll let others speak to those plans.

I'm looking forward to riding Harris Hill again in the future, it will be equally fun.....in either direction.

But best of all, if I do say so myself, is that during the lunch breaks, Fazoli's in San Marcos is only about 4-5 miles away.
azoomm is offline   Reply With Quote