MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > Technical > Performance and Modifications
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 01-20-2008, 01:45 PM   #41
Patrick
Motorcycles Unlimited

Feedback Rating: (2)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
'14 Speed Triple R, '82 CB900F, '13 Streetglide

More dyno charts:

http://www.deeknow.com/dyno/index.ph...action=Dyno+It

http://www.sportrider.com/bikes/spor.../photo_99.html

There's a bunch more out there but i think I've proved my point.

NEED GEAR? We have a great selection in stock but if we need to order it we GUARANTEE FIT!
Where Houston riders go to have their bikes worked on, done right the first time!

muad

1964 FM 1960 West
Houston, TX 77090
Hours: Tues.-Fri. 9:30-6:00 Sat. 9-5:30
www.motorcycles-unlimited.com
http://www.facebook.com/motorcyclesunlimited
e-mail: patrick@motorcycles-unlimited.com
Patrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Velocity stacks order Mr.D How To's and Q & A's 14 02-22-2011 02:02 PM
what are velocity stacks texasmade1 Performance and Modifications 13 04-11-2010 11:32 AM
Velocity stacks?!?!? Busa_Bullet Performance and Modifications 31 12-02-2008 04:03 PM
do velocity stacks require a full system? THE DEAN OF LEAN General Discussion (Moto Related) 7 06-02-2008 10:23 PM
Velocity stacks instead of airbox? Metzzen1 General Discussion (Moto Related) 11 02-11-2007 10:31 AM
Advertisement
Old 01-20-2008, 01:51 PM   #42
FasterFaster

Feedback Rating: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SecretAgent View Post
have you ever actually dynoed your bike?? 144 is pretty close to every near stock o2 1k i've ever seen dyno at. add an exhaust a good tune, air filter and some tweaks, and 155ish is very plausible (which is close to 160, and FAAAR above 140 which is supposed to be impossible).

andy my freind knows a load more about tuning than any of you people ever will (yes that includes you to patrick) someone that spends ALL of his time dynoing bikes is far more reputable and creditable source than some one who doesnt even own his own dyno.
FasterFaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2008, 01:52 PM   #43
FasterFaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by O-NEG View Post
Andy (Metric) put stacks put on my '02 'Busa. It didn't increase the peak HP, but it got you there sooner. You could feel the hit. Here's a graph of a Big bore Busa before and after. You can see a 6-8 hp gain at 8,000 rpm.
GSX1300 Mods
how about this one patrick do you have an explaintion for a dam near 1400 cc busa only making 160hp????
Old 01-20-2008, 01:53 PM   #44
FasterFaster

patrick im not saying you are a bad person or that you don't know what you are talking about but with someone in your position and with your experience level you should know better.
Old 01-20-2008, 01:56 PM   #45
SecretAgent
The one and only

Feedback Rating: (1)

Bike(s):
08 Harley FXDB Street Bob

Send a message via AIM to SecretAgent
yes, i know andy knows a ton, he's who tuned my bike, BUT, he doesn't know everything, and you repeating his opinions as your own, and defending them so faithfully without knowing why he has his opinions makes you look like a tool. get your own knowledge and form your own opinions!
"There are some things nobody needs in this world, and a bright-red, hunch-back, warp-speed 900cc cafe racer is one of them - but I want one anyway, and on some days I actually believe I need one. That is why they are dangerous. "
-Hunter S. Thompson
SecretAgent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2008, 01:56 PM   #46
SecretAgent
The one and only

Bike(s):

poor busa owner. my 998cc bike made 174whp on that same dyno. lolz.
"There are some things nobody needs in this world, and a bright-red, hunch-back, warp-speed 900cc cafe racer is one of them - but I want one anyway, and on some days I actually believe I need one. That is why they are dangerous. "
-Hunter S. Thompson
Old 01-20-2008, 01:57 PM   #47
ZXALAN
UR NXT

Bike(s):
2000 Turbo-Hayabusa
2013 BMW S1000RR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick View Post
2001 GSXR1000, just a pipe and a PCIII.

Not my tune or dyno. Kind of blows holes all in your story.
My dyno chart above that Patrick posted was on a recently calibrated, 2004 Dynojet 250i with load control. Did used the brake(eddy current, load control) to build the map all the way until the 80% TP column. We didn't use it on the 100% column as I felt it would be overly abusive to the bike and tire....LOL.

All part throttle tuning needs to be done with load control, as for WOT tuning, I am sure it COULD be better to use the brake but the problem is, you have to guesstimate how much resistance to put on it. I know on my part throttle tuning, we were using 25-28% braking to simulate realworld load. BUT when using it for 100%TP tuning, it seems to OVERLOAD the bike, almost like the 25% simulated load is not linear in reality in the higher TP%s or something. So normally I tune the 80%/100% columns without the brake. The drum is 800lbs on the dyno I use. We also use both STD and SAE numbers, it doesn't really matter which one you use, as long as you use the same one before and after tuning. The STD correction is about 2-3% more then SAE. Most use SAE numbers for internet bragging and dyno to dyno comparisons(which really isn't feasible anyway)

319hp@14lbs(pump gas), 435hp@29lbs(race gas)
Texas Mile Mar 09, 225.906mph, 8.82@168.43 w/1.63 60'-14.5lbs
ZXALAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2008, 01:57 PM   #48
FasterFaster

http://images.google.com/imgres?imgu...%3D1%26hl%3Den

how about this one can you explain this as well?
Old 01-20-2008, 01:58 PM   #49
SecretAgent
The one and only

Bike(s):

Quote:
Originally Posted by FasterFaster View Post
patrick im not saying you are a bad person or that you don't know what you are talking about but with someone in your position and with your experience level you should know better.
lmao, he should know better??? dude, you don't even know wtf you're talking about, you're just repeating OPINIONS THAT YOU HEARD FROM SOMEONE ELSE. you have no reasons, data, or anything to back up anything you say, because you don't know wtf you're talking about!
-Hunter S. Thompson
Old 01-20-2008, 01:59 PM   #50
Patrick
Motorcycles Unlimited

Bike(s):

Quote:
you've been brainwashed. there is no "only-way" with anything. take your head out of andy's and do some research of you're own, and form OPINIONS of you're own. don't parrot talk here.
Well said.

IMO, if you don't have firsthand knowledge or at least a sound basis for some of the statements that are made than you may be better off not making them.

Andy is a respected tuner and I consider him a friend, you may have some of your "facts" confused.

Also, in response to one of your other "jabs", as far as selling something someone doesn't need; I can't begin to say how many times I've talked someone out of buying something, simply because it doesn't work, or their expectation of performance won't be realized.

Lastly, although I've been doing this a long time, and have built / tuned MANY championship winning drag and road race bikes, I don't even pretend to begin to know it all, and learn new things almost daily. You may want to consider opening your mind a bit.

NEED GEAR? We have a great selection in stock but if we need to order it we GUARANTEE FIT!
Where Houston riders go to have their bikes worked on, done right the first time!

muad

1964 FM 1960 West
Houston, TX 77090
Old 01-20-2008, 02:00 PM   #51
SecretAgent
The one and only

Bike(s):

Quote:

holy . you are NOT comparing your supersport japanese inline 4 liter bike to an italian street fighter twin. PLEASE TELL ME YOU'RE NOT THAT STUPID.....
-Hunter S. Thompson
Old 01-20-2008, 02:02 PM   #52
Patrick
Motorcycles Unlimited

Bike(s):

Quote:

Uuuh, that's a Falco dyno chart?
What does that have to do with an '02 GSXR1000?

muad

1964 FM 1960 West
Houston, TX 77090
Old 01-20-2008, 02:04 PM   #53
FasterFaster

Quote:
yes, i know andy knows a ton, he's who tuned my bike, BUT, he doesn't know everything, and you repeating his opinions as your own, and defending them so faithfully without knowing why he has his opinions makes you look like a tool. get your own knowledge and form your own opinions!
i have heard what he has to say plenty of times on numerous subjects and what he says is pretty dam close to lots of other really good tunners. the reason i rep him so hard is because he is the best around here and what he says works, WORKS! its as simple as that i have been researching dyno #'s and types for about 3 months now i have my own opions they just line up with andy's and other that use the same tools
Old 01-20-2008, 02:05 PM   #54
FasterFaster

never mind what type it is look at the numbers it hough you said the 02 1k made 144rwhp
Old 01-20-2008, 02:06 PM   #55
ZXALAN
UR NXT

Bike(s):
2000 Turbo-Hayabusa
2013 BMW S1000RR

Quote:
andy my freind knows a load more about tuning than any of you people ever will (yes that includes you to patrick) someone that spends ALL of his time dynoing bikes is far more reputable and creditable source than some one who doesnt even own his own dyno.
DUDE, take Andy's out of your mouth......the party is over....

Oh and for the record, Factory Pro dynos(like the EC997a) are no better or more accurate then a DJ250i if the unit is properly calibrated to the correct drum specs. Factory Pro dynos and Superflow dynos do read lower numbers from a DJ but that is not just due to the fact the brake was loaded through the 100% TP pulls.....its just how it corrects and generates its numbers....its a software thing..

Old 01-20-2008, 02:08 PM   #56
txgsxrbob
THE SH*T STARTER IS BACK

Bike(s):
06 GSXR 1K SOLD !
2012 R1 Moto GP replica # 1287

Quote:
Well said.

IMO, if you don't have firsthand knowledge or at least a sound basis for some of the statements that are made than you may be better off not making them.

Andy is a respected tuner and I consider him a friend, you may have some of your "facts" confused.

Also, in response to one of your other "jabs", as far as selling something someone doesn't need; I can't begin to say how many times I've talked someone out of buying something, simply because it doesn't work, or their expectation of performance won't be realized.

Lastly, although I've been doing this a long time, and have built / tuned MANY championship winning drag and road race bikes, I don't even pretend to begin to know it all, and learn new things almost daily. You may want to consider opening your mind a bit.

IMHO !! Patrick is astand up guy always willing to help & give HIS advice on what he has installed & seen work .....I've never heard him put anybody down ......at his class he held the other saturday ,he said repeatily .....if it hasn't worked for him he will not sell the part to the indv. He was very honest & let everyone ask ANY question they had & didn't make anybody fill STUPID for asking ...he went the extra mile to make sure the question got answered & was understood .........................So b-4 I decied to watse money on something i'll ask patrick for his opinion ...B/C as he said in the class ...........he will help anybody that wants help .....most of the time he dosen't even charge you for it ....Again on the board he tells anybody witha problem "bring it by & let us look at it no charge "

BIG PROPS TO PATRICK & HIS CREW !!!

MY .02 ...............love it - hate it - or just tolerate it !!
Quote:
Originally Posted by pester View Post
NOW WHERE IS TXGSXRBOB WHEN WE NEED HIM????
txgsxrbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2008, 02:10 PM   #57
SecretAgent
The one and only

Bike(s):

Quote:
never mind what type it is look at the numbers it hough you said the 02 1k made 144rwhp
and he has posted numerous dyno charts supporting his 02 GSXR 1k will make 144whp stock. you posted an 02 falco 1k dyno chart. WTF does an aprilia falco have to do with an 02 gixxer 1k????
-Hunter S. Thompson
Old 01-20-2008, 02:12 PM   #58
Patrick
Motorcycles Unlimited

Bike(s):

Quote:

I'm not sure what comparison you're trying to accomplish between an 1000cc V Twin and a 1000cc inline 4?

As far as an '02 GSKR1000 maikng 144 rwhp?
That's right, I said it, and posted MULTIPLE dyno charts to back it up.

However this whole thing started on the whole PCIII vs PCIII USB better / easier to tune debate and you getting your feelings hurt simply because I asked a question.
So let's return to that; How is it better?

muad

1964 FM 1960 West
Houston, TX 77090
Old 01-20-2008, 02:15 PM   #59
SecretAgent
The one and only

Bike(s):

Quote:
I'm not sure what comparison you're trying to accomplish between an 1000cc V Twin and a 1000cc inline 4?

As far as an '02 GSKR1000 maikng 144 rwhp?
That's right, I said it, and posted MULTIPLE dyno charts to back it up.

However this whole thing started on the whole PCIII vs PCIII USB better / easier to tune debate and you getting your feelings hurt simply because I asked a question.
So let's return to that; How is it better?
you'll have to give him a minute. he's googling some more opinions to post, because metric's closed on sundays.
-Hunter S. Thompson
Old 01-20-2008, 02:16 PM   #60
ZXALAN
UR NXT

Bike(s):
2000 Turbo-Hayabusa
2013 BMW S1000RR

Last edited by ZXALAN; 01-20-2008 at 02:19 PM.

Advertisement