MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.


FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Reply
Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 09-17-2005, 11:43 PM   #121
Moody
Holy Smokes!
 
Moody's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Feedback Rating: (4)
Posts: 14,685


Bike(s):
281









Re: Texas World Speedway Labor Day 9/5/05

I would not focus on the time as much as your technique.... the time will change as your riding skill directly affects.
__________________

Open your eyes and reclaim the freedom you were born with. - Moody
Moody is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Texas World Speedway Labor Day September 1st 2014 RideSmart1 Ridesmart Motorcycle School 22 08-31-2014 05:06 PM
A Day at RideSmart Motocycel School-Texas World Speedway Rykoson General Discussion (Moto Related) 26 05-22-2013 12:53 AM
Texas World Speedway Track Day 11/7/05 jeffrh General Discussion (Moto Related) 17 11-16-2005 10:41 PM
Texas World Speedway 9/5 Track Day Video... jeffrh General Discussion (Moto Related) 10 10-12-2005 02:25 PM
Advertisement
Old 09-17-2005, 11:44 PM   #122
Moody
Holy Smokes!
 
Moody's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Feedback Rating: (4)
Posts: 14,685


Bike(s):
281









Re: Texas World Speedway Labor Day 9/5/05

Quote:
Originally Posted by suprpronov214
hey jeff, i do know personally that scott dennis has done mid 50's on a mille R on the bto 14's. he is the cmra race instructor for lone star. anyhow it sounds like you guys had a good time, congrats on a good day. see most of ya at TWS (Texas World Speedway) at the end of the month. later
Or follow this guy. right:
__________________

Open your eyes and reclaim the freedom you were born with. - Moody
Moody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2005, 11:06 AM   #123
Capafool
QuePaso Racing
 
Capafool's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: SW Side (SugarLand/Houston Border)
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 1,706

Experience: 7 years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
'01 Gixxer 1k (Track)
'10 Duc 848 (Street)
'05 Drz-110 (Tarded)







Send a message via AIM to Capafool Send a message via MSN to Capafool
Re: Texas World Speedway Labor Day 9/5/05

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffrh
jeffknee6x4
lookin good maaan! You look like Ty Howard!

naw but seriously... you're not lookin bad. Just a few adjustment of body position and lines and you will be set! then what comes after that is all the rest of the good stuff.

When you start off a lot of people think its easy to shave off that much time but once reality hits it's really not. It takes practice and even thought I have confidence in you and know you will try your hardest to improve I think havin that sub 2:00 goal is a bit high if you ask me. If you do manage to pul it off then props to you! ... Either way you're lookin good and hope to see you improve out there! right:
__________________
~Gianni~
CMRA Sprints #486
TMGP Endurance #46
"Scientists discover the world that exists; Engineers create the world that never was."
Capafool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2005, 11:07 AM   #124
Capafool
QuePaso Racing
 
Capafool's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: SW Side (SugarLand/Houston Border)
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 1,706

Experience: 7 years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
'01 Gixxer 1k (Track)
'10 Duc 848 (Street)
'05 Drz-110 (Tarded)







Send a message via AIM to Capafool Send a message via MSN to Capafool
Re: Texas World Speedway Labor Day 9/5/05

Quote:
Originally Posted by suprpronov214
hey jeff,* * i do know personally that scott dennis has done mid 50's on a mille R on the bto 14's.* he is the cmra race instructor for lone star.* *anyhow* * it sounds like you guys had a good time,* * congrats on a good day.* * * *see most of ya at TWS (Texas World Speedway) at the end of the month.* * later* * *
see yah there homie!
__________________
~Gianni~
CMRA Sprints #486
TMGP Endurance #46
"Scientists discover the world that exists; Engineers create the world that never was."
Capafool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2005, 11:38 PM   #125
jeffrh
Big Long Member
 
jeffrh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: The Woodlands
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 277


Bike(s):
05 Repsol 1KRR









Re: Texas World Speedway Labor Day 9/5/05

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capafool

lookin good maaan!* You look like Ty Howard!*

naw but seriously... you're not lookin bad.* Just a few adjustment of body position and lines and you will be set!* then what comes after that is all the rest of the good stuff.*

When you start off a lot of people think its easy to shave off that much time but once reality hits it's really not.* It takes practice and even thought I have confidence in you and know you will try your hardest to improve I think havin that sub 2:00 goal is a bit high if you ask me.* If you do manage to pul it off then props to you!* ... Either way you're lookin good and hope to see you improve out there!* right:
Thanks for the helpful tips Gianni. I am shooting for a sub 2:00. It might or might not happen at the next track day or even the one after that. But you gotta have a goal. I'll make sure to focus on technique and seat time. I'm sure it will come.
__________________
2005 Repsol Honda CBR1000RR
2003 Harley Fatboy 100th Anniversary
2003 Dodge Ram 3500 Dually 4X4
2000 Dodge Viper GTS ACR
2004 Lexus RX330
1999 Lexus RX470
2005 Polaris Predator 500 TLD
2004 Polaris Predator 90
www.springsportbikes.com

jeffssig
jeffrh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2005, 09:13 PM   #126
Steve O Chap
Big Hero
 
Steve O Chap's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 1,902

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
1995 Suzuki RF600 - Sold
1993 Honda Shadow - Sold
2001 CBR F4i - Sold







Re: Texas World Speedway Labor Day 9/5/05

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffrh
Thanks for the helpful tips Gianni. I am shooting for a sub 2:00. It might or might not happen at the next track day or even the one after that. But you gotta have a goal. I'll make sure to focus on technique and seat time. I'm sure it will come.
Jeff, take it from someone who knows this very well, setting too lofty of a goal is a bad thing. Your eventual goal might be to break 2:00, but do not even think of that at this next trackday, seriously. Back when I was trying to break 2:05s I lost it at 2 straight trackdays! Once in T6 and once in T9 at the tirewall. I was very lucky not to hit the way.

Your goal for your next track should probably be to try and get consistent sub 2:10s... sounds like you had one good lap and the rest were decent. In order to break 2:00 your consistency will need to improve alot as well. Then, when you're consistently breaking 2:10 try to consistently break 2:05... then the seconds will be harder to drop.

Don't use race compound tires as a crutch... enhance your skills then enhance your bike.
__________________
My bicycle costs more than your motorcycle...
Steve O Chap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2005, 10:41 PM   #127
jeffrh
Big Long Member
 
jeffrh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: The Woodlands
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 277


Bike(s):
05 Repsol 1KRR









Re: Texas World Speedway Labor Day 9/5/05

Thanks Steve for the helpful tips. I know what you're saying. Don't bite off too much at a time. When I say I want a sub 2:00, it doesn't mean I want it now now now. I have patience and I know the best way to get it is to do it smart. I don't want to crash and I know that is a possibility anytime you get in over your head. In reality I will probably shave about 3* seconds off my time each track day. That mean it will probably take 4 or maybe 5 more track days to get there. If it happens faster then great, but I won't be disappointed if it take that long or even a little longer. Thanks again.
__________________
2005 Repsol Honda CBR1000RR
2003 Harley Fatboy 100th Anniversary
2003 Dodge Ram 3500 Dually 4X4
2000 Dodge Viper GTS ACR
2004 Lexus RX330
1999 Lexus RX470
2005 Polaris Predator 500 TLD
2004 Polaris Predator 90
www.springsportbikes.com

jeffssig
jeffrh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2005, 12:10 AM   #128
Capafool
QuePaso Racing
 
Capafool's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: SW Side (SugarLand/Houston Border)
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 1,706

Experience: 7 years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
'01 Gixxer 1k (Track)
'10 Duc 848 (Street)
'05 Drz-110 (Tarded)







Send a message via AIM to Capafool Send a message via MSN to Capafool
Re: Texas World Speedway Labor Day 9/5/05

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffrh
Thanks Steve for the helpful tips. I know what you're saying. Don't bite off too much at a time. When I say I want a sub 2:00, it doesn't mean I want it now now now. I have patience and I know the best way to get it is to do it smart. I don't want to crash and I know that is a possibility anytime you get in over your head. In reality I will probably shave about 3* seconds off my time each track day. That mean it will probably take 4 or maybe 5 more track days to get there. If it happens faster then great, but I won't be disappointed if it take that long or even a little longer. Thanks again.
good thinkin right:
__________________
~Gianni~
CMRA Sprints #486
TMGP Endurance #46
"Scientists discover the world that exists; Engineers create the world that never was."
Capafool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2005, 07:27 AM   #129
CarbonJames
LSTD/TTBC Instructor
 
CarbonJames's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: ELLIS TD
Feedback Rating: (1)
Posts: 13,769

Experience: 1-3 months
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
13 250sx
13 350sxf
12 150sx
07 CRF 230
04 CRF 50/70

Member Garage





Re: Texas World Speedway Labor Day 9/5/05

ive only missed one track day this year, ive had a lap timer once this year. my first year of trackdays. i know that when i started i was running way slower than 20's and now am down to around 07-05's. so it def. takes time, im not in too much of a hurry to get really fast considering all that i stand to loose if something goes real wrong, so my suggestion to you is to not worry about the times for a while, dont spend your money on lap timers, it just pushes you to make a mistake in my opinion. you see a slow time and get upset thinking you can go faster, thats when youre gonna eat it! sometimes i'll follow FZ1moto b/c he has a timer always, and i just get an idea and then move on to my own ride, i would love a lap timer and plan on buying one this off season, but until next year i am tryin to hold off on it b/c i dont want to make the BIG mistake. TIME works wonders.

just my .02 cents...
CarbonJames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2005, 07:29 AM   #130
CarbonJames
LSTD/TTBC Instructor
 
CarbonJames's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: ELLIS TD
Feedback Rating: (1)
Posts: 13,769

Experience: 1-3 months
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
13 250sx
13 350sxf
12 150sx
07 CRF 230
04 CRF 50/70

Member Garage





Re: Texas World Speedway Labor Day 9/5/05

oh, coincidently the first and only time i had that lap timer i messed up my bike, it has been down for nearly 4 months..
CarbonJames is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Advertisement


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:16 AM.


MotoHouston.com is not responsible for the content posted by users.
Privacy Policy