MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 09-08-2005, 05:11 PM   #81
arturo3rd
OG Sheriff/ Boss

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2015 HD Forty Eight

Re: Texas World Speedway Labor Day 9/5/05

if you guys are going out to crabb road (where the Gb ranch is) be there before noon cuz traffic picks up.
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Texas World Speedway Labor Day September 1st 2014 RideSmart1 Ridesmart Motorcycle School 22 08-31-2014 05:06 PM
A Day at RideSmart Motocycel School-Texas World Speedway Rykoson General Discussion (Moto Related) 26 05-22-2013 12:53 AM
Texas World Speedway Track Day 11/7/05 jeffrh General Discussion (Moto Related) 17 11-16-2005 10:41 PM
Texas World Speedway 9/5 Track Day Video... jeffrh General Discussion (Moto Related) 10 10-12-2005 02:25 PM
Advertisement
Old 09-08-2005, 05:56 PM   #82
SBK Pilot
non playa hatar

Feedback Rating: (1)

Bike(s):
:: 05 GSXR 750 ::

:: 07 GSXR 1K ::
:: 11 ZUMA 125 ::
stop listing what u sold here - nobody cares...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moody
I am thinking of driving up there and checking you guys out. You doing endurance and sprints this time as well?
hey moody... call me if you're serious... i'll even pitch in on gas for the ride... right:
Old 09-08-2005, 06:15 PM   #83
magzx12r

Feedback Rating: (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by arturo3rd
if you guys are going out to crabb road (where the Gb ranch is) be there before noon cuz traffic picks up.
Watch out for the cops on Crabb. I got stopped the weekend before last and I was just cruising around 70 mph. I did not get a ticket, but I was "lectured" and told to slow it down
Old 09-08-2005, 07:42 PM   #84
ufo34
Carlos V

Feedback Rating: (1)

Bike(s):
R.I.Pieces

Capa how's my body position?
Texas World Speedway Labor Day 9/5/05
11139046deleted

This photographer takes very good close up pictures. i'm buyind the CD right:
ufo34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2005, 08:10 PM   #85
UrMyStlkAl

Bike(s):
93 CBR F2 600

Send a message via AIM to UrMyStlkAl Send a message via MSN to UrMyStlkAl Send a message via Yahoo to UrMyStlkAl

Quote:
Well actually I was thinking more around 5ish. That to late you think or has it settled down some?
UrMyStlkAl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2005, 10:09 PM   #86
arturo3rd
OG Sheriff/ Boss

Bike(s):
2015 HD Forty Eight

Quote:
Originally Posted by UrMyStlkAl
Quote:
Well actually I was thinking more around 5ish.* That to late you think or has it settled down some?
bad time. alot of bugs and traffic. best time is in the morning. i speak from experience and every time you see a car slow down.
Old 09-08-2005, 11:23 PM   #87
Capafool
QuePaso Racing

Experience: 7 years

Bike(s):
'01 Gixxer 1k (Track)
'10 Duc 848 (Street)
'05 Drz-110 (Tarded)

Send a message via AIM to Capafool Send a message via MSN to Capafool

Quote:
Originally Posted by ufo34
Capa how's my body position?

You might drop another second if you go faster..

I think you're loosing horsepower with that helmet... :laughing6:

JK
CMRA Sprints #486
TMGP Endurance #46
"Scientists discover the world that exists; Engineers create the world that never was."
Capafool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2005, 11:44 PM   #88
trkstarr

Old 09-09-2005, 01:34 AM   #89
Capafool
QuePaso Racing

Bike(s):
'01 Gixxer 1k (Track)
'10 Duc 848 (Street)
'05 Drz-110 (Tarded)

Quote:

I am thinking of driving up there and checking you guys out. You doing endurance and sprints this time as well?
Naw dude we don't run "Big" bike endurance at oak Hill.* The pit are too small since it's a go-kart track.* I am going because I have to do my prov nov duties and corner work.* I don't know that track yet so I think it would be a waste to race somewhere I've never been.* I will however go there after the season and practice and get used to the track* right: .* So this round I will be cornerworking at Sunday's sprint races* * .* Hopefully for the TWS (Texas World Speedway) round we'll be able to go back and get another 3rd place, if not better* .* My first race I ran a 54-56 minute stint and the bike still wasn't out of gas.* I wanna run that sucker dry before I come back to the pits.* I've been doin a lot of runnin and riding my bicycle to get my cardio up a bit more. Running almost an hour nonstop is a !* I was HATING the slow corners after about 40 minutes cuz the bike was startin to get heavy in the transitions* (T10, 13-15).* But I was getting off about it so I think my adrenaline kept me goin for a bit longer.*

Oak Hill is only about $80 bucks for a trackday and it's open whenever you want it to be provided you have a race license.* You just call the owner and tell him you're comin and you go w/someone else and have the whole track to yourselves! No 20 minute sessions or any of that . Only bad thing is there's no ambulance. Oh and you CANNOT go alone!* Other than that if it's not in use you're good to go!
CMRA Sprints #486
TMGP Endurance #46
"Scientists discover the world that exists; Engineers create the world that never was."
Old 09-09-2005, 10:32 AM   #90
speedismo
OCD for speed

about oak hill, does it have to be a race license to do a track day u mean? an ordinary motorcycle license does not work?
and the other person with you... can that person be doing a track day himself or he should be sitting out there watching for u(i am assuming it is for crashing/emergency times)

I would rather do a track day where i pay just 80 bucks, have the whole track to myself and can do it all day long, whenever i want to!!!!

Travelomy:Simplify your travel.
speedismo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2005, 10:38 AM   #91
Moody
Holy Smokes!

Feedback Rating: (4)

Bike(s):

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedismo
about oak hill, does it have to be a race license to do a track day u mean? an ordinary motorcycle license does not work?
and the other person with you... can that person be doing a track day himself or he should be sitting out there watching for u(i am assuming it is for crashing/emergency times)

I would rather do a track day where i pay just 80 bucks, have the whole track to myself and can do it all day long, whenever i want to!!!!
You have to have a race license.

Open your eyes and reclaim the freedom you were born with. - Moody
Moody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2005, 02:11 PM   #92
Capafool
QuePaso Racing

Bike(s):
'01 Gixxer 1k (Track)
'10 Duc 848 (Street)
'05 Drz-110 (Tarded)

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedismo
Race License. not drivers license.
CMRA Sprints #486
TMGP Endurance #46
Old 09-11-2005, 12:28 PM   #93
jeffrh
Big Long Member

Bike(s):
05 Repsol 1KRR

I'd like to aim for a sub 2:00 at TWS (Texas World Speedway).

Can someone tell me if you pretty much will need race tires to get there? What tires are people using to run sub 2:00 at TWS (Texas World Speedway)? Pilot Powers? Pilot Race? Others? I'm currently on Bridgestone 014s. Anyone able to run sub 2:00 on 014s?

Thanks
Jeff
2000 Dodge Viper GTS ACR
2004 Lexus RX330
1999 Lexus RX470
2005 Polaris Predator 500 TLD
2004 Polaris Predator 90
www.springsportbikes.com

jeffssig
jeffrh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2005, 12:43 PM   #94
Steve O Chap
Big Hero

Bike(s):
1995 Suzuki RF600 - Sold
1993 Honda Shadow - Sold
2001 CBR F4i - Sold

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffrh
I'd like to aim for a sub 2:00 at TWS (Texas World Speedway).

Can someone tell me if you pretty much will need race tires to get there? What tires are people using to run sub 2:00 at TWS (Texas World Speedway)? Pilot Powers? Pilot Race? Others? I'm currently on Bridgestone 014s. Anyone able to run sub 2:00 on 014s?

Thanks
Jeff
I've done a 2:05 on BT014s on my bonestock F4i... we actually just talked about this in another thread in the racers lounge. I'm pretty sure I'm capabale cause I know I'm losing lots of time in T1 and T2 and T6 (caused I crashed there last year) If you get race tires, you will be able to go faster no doubt. But my arguement is that maybe only 2 or 3 on this entire board (Macman, Jeff maybe Gianni) can outride the ability of street tires. Yo'ud be better served learning to ride your bike to it's fullest, IMO.

http://www.motohouston.com/index.php?topic=2026.0
Old 09-11-2005, 12:54 PM   #95
jeffrh
Big Long Member

Bike(s):
05 Repsol 1KRR

Thanks. That's a great thread.
2000 Dodge Viper GTS ACR
2004 Lexus RX330
1999 Lexus RX470
2004 Polaris Predator 90
www.springsportbikes.com

jeffssig
Old 09-12-2005, 12:22 AM   #96
Capafool
QuePaso Racing

Bike(s):
'01 Gixxer 1k (Track)
'10 Duc 848 (Street)
'05 Drz-110 (Tarded)

I would say confidence on tires is about the #1 thing that will get your lap times down if you have the skill. Having "race" tires give you that extra confidence knowing that they're made for that purpose and you can push it and not have to worry about it. In reality street tires are very sticky but at the same time get greasy when heated tooo much as can happen at the track of course. I know for a fact there are guys that run about 1:57-:58s at the world with BT-014s. That tire is a street/track tire and I think could get you there. After that you may be pushing your luck but I may be wrong. I am only telling you what I know. right:
CMRA Sprints #486
TMGP Endurance #46
Old 09-13-2005, 09:40 AM   #97
Linh

Bike(s):
2001 sv650, 2001 VFR, 2004 R1

Quote:
Originally Posted by roro
Here are my thoughts on my very first track day....

First off, I must say it was one of the best days of my life...pure adrenaline!* I had a great time just hanging out with everyone.* It was nice to meet all the guys at SpringSportBikes.com who did a great job arranging transport and all the logistics.* Special thanks to Mo for hauling my bike up there!* It was also cool to meet the guys at MotoHouston such as TrkStarr, Scorpio, and a few others.

I agree...TrkStarr was hella fast.* He blew by me during the straights and I even looked at my speedometer and I was already around 150mph on the R1.

Now regarding my performance...I think I did ok for my first time.* One thing I learned though is no matter how much they tell you not to ride with your emotions, it is definitely very hard to do that. I came in Level 1 thinking everyone was going to be* at moderate speeds. The last thing I wanted to do was mess up my bike.* The round robin was stress-free. After that, man everyone was hauling .* So there went my rational side and tried to haul as well.* I was surprised after a few laps how fast I could get at the turns and also how low I could go.* I almost felt like the bike was going to slide out from underneath me.* Next time, I'll try harder to keep my emotions in check.

On a scary side, during the second session, I felt really comfortable and was definitely keeping up with most of the guys.* That's when one of most scariest moments happened to me.* It happened in Turn 12, 13, and 14 (S-turn).* I went really hot into turn 12 and could not regain my line. I panicked, ended up looking down, and figured I could not lean my bike quick enough for my speed going into turn 13.* I basically jumped the corner chicane on turn 13, airborne for a quick second, landed on the grass and rode it through turn 14 and eventually back on the grass till I was almost near the pit entrance.* What a scary feeling. Luckily, I tried my hardest to just keep the bike straight while in the air and on the grass.* I made it out ok. Pitted and took a breather to calm my nerves. After that, I was never really the same during those turns. I was really cautious and took them slower trying to master the line.

I ended up going to Level 2 during my DVD filming session.* Those guys were quick.* However, I felt more relaxed and confident for some reason.* With Mike Sanchez filming behind, I guess I tried a little harder.*

One negative I saw was that some people in Level 1 need to move up to Level 2.* I'm not sure if it is an ego thing where they wanted to be the quickest in their group, but one assh*le passed me on the inside, and I could feel him graze me.* That sh*t is scary and freaked me out.* I'm sure I'll get used to it, but I don't think that was allowed in Level 1.*

When I got home, I went to bed at 7PM and woke up at 8AM this morning. It was definitely exhausting.

Other than that...great time, great people.....I'm addicted.* I can't wait for my next track day!
if you were riding the red R1 then you were right in front of me when this happened. good recovery
Linh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2005, 10:32 AM   #98
jeffrh
Big Long Member

Bike(s):
05 Repsol 1KRR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capafool
They really should take more of these "action" shots of you passing people and stuff.*
Mine doesn't look as good as yours Capa, but I found one! Here you can compare Level 2 leans with Level 4 leans!
turn964
2000 Dodge Viper GTS ACR
2004 Lexus RX330
1999 Lexus RX470
2004 Polaris Predator 90
www.springsportbikes.com

jeffssig
Old 09-15-2005, 10:42 AM   #99
Moody
Holy Smokes!

Feedback Rating: (4)

Bike(s):

Get your body down on the bike. Use you leg to support yourself and get the weight off your arms. Your not out cruizing.

Oh, Have Fun! right:

Open your eyes and reclaim the freedom you were born with. - Moody
Moody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2005, 12:21 PM   #100
jeffrh
Big Long Member

Bike(s):
05 Repsol 1KRR

Quote:
Get your body down on the bike. Use you leg to support yourself and get the weight off your arms. Your not out cruizing.* Oh, Have Fun!* right:
Yep. Gotta get past the psycho barrier of thinking the bike is going to slide out. I'm sure even the ol' Bridge'Stones' 014s can lean much more than I think. Next time I'm going to try some Pilot Race too for a little more confidence. Of course work on the body position as you mention and get more aggressive each time thru the turns. I'm also going to move to Level 3 next time because I found myself having to pass way too often, and many times blowing a good lap time. I want to get my 2:11 down to sub 2:00!!!
2000 Dodge Viper GTS ACR
2004 Lexus RX330
1999 Lexus RX470
2004 Polaris Predator 90
www.springsportbikes.com

jeffssig

Advertisement