MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 09-06-2005, 04:42 PM   #21
Moody
Holy Smokes!

Feedback Rating: (4)

Bike(s):

Re: Texas World Speedway Labor Day 9/5/05

Don't pull a Moody either. right:

Open your eyes and reclaim the freedom you were born with. - Moody
Moody is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Texas World Speedway Labor Day September 1st 2014 RideSmart1 Ridesmart Motorcycle School 22 08-31-2014 05:06 PM
A Day at RideSmart Motocycel School-Texas World Speedway Rykoson General Discussion (Moto Related) 26 05-22-2013 12:53 AM
Texas World Speedway Track Day 11/7/05 jeffrh General Discussion (Moto Related) 17 11-16-2005 10:41 PM
Texas World Speedway 9/5 Track Day Video... jeffrh General Discussion (Moto Related) 10 10-12-2005 02:25 PM
Advertisement
Old 09-06-2005, 05:29 PM   #22
jeffrh
Big Long Member

Feedback Rating: (0)

Bike(s):
05 Repsol 1KRR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capafool
1:52.98 baby!!!*
Nice meeting you too. Are you serious about the 1:52? If so that is FUREAKIN' flyiing...

I'm almost embarrased to say my time now.. But since it was only my second time there and I was on Bridge'Stones' 014s I guess a 2:11:55 not too bad.
2000 Dodge Viper GTS ACR
2004 Lexus RX330
1999 Lexus RX470
2005 Polaris Predator 500 TLD
2004 Polaris Predator 90
www.springsportbikes.com

jeffssig
jeffrh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2005, 05:32 PM   #23
trkstarr

Shhhh Gianni!*
Funny story. I started out in Level 1 because this is really my first track day(The first track day was a rain out for the first half of the day so i only managed 2 wet sessions and 1 dry.) I was also keeping an eye on a friend that has never been to the track before. After round robin i had one good go around to get the feel for the track and warm the tires (which are awesome by the way..michelin pilot powers rock.) But i kept running up on people. I thought that i was pushing to much so i asked Mike Sanchez at lunch to film and give some pointers. I had no idea that i would be filmed in Level 4. So we took off in Level 4 (very nervous by the way) and he filmed for about 4 laps. But after 2 laps he passed me after t15 and was shaking his finger at me. I figured that i was just so slow that i was wasting his time. I was just going to go into the pits and cry for awhile*
But then he waved me on so i flew through the pits and caught him in t2. He kept filming for a few more laps and then gave me the signal that i was done. I see him later and prepare for the worst. He tells me that i need to get a track bike and stay in level 4 and that my big problem was that i kept looking behind me. I will have to admit that i was very nervous with mike following me and riding on the track with real racers. I am just a poser. He said that i will drop some time if i stop looking back. I had a buddy time me during the session and he show's me a series of 2:08's. I forgot what i told Gianni but i was wrong.(much happier now).. I know i am not at Gianni's level* :cool: but it was pretty cool to hear that my major problem on the track was looking behind me. He said that i lost alot of time doing that. So i guess i need to sell my 954 and get a GSXR 600.
Old 09-06-2005, 05:46 PM   #24
Capafool
QuePaso Racing

Experience: 7 years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
'01 Gixxer 1k (Track)
'10 Duc 848 (Street)
'05 Drz-110 (Tarded)

Send a message via AIM to Capafool Send a message via MSN to Capafool

good job n glad to hear you're doin well maan!! If there's one thing you should probably never do (No need at all) is to look back!* You're on your own lines at your own pace and whoever is behind is is their responsibility to either trail you or get around you.* DON'T worry about getting in their way because the faster ones will always get around you!* Just concentrate on where YOU are going!* Improvement is just around the corner* right:
CMRA Sprints #486
TMGP Endurance #46
"Scientists discover the world that exists; Engineers create the world that never was."
Capafool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2005, 05:52 PM   #25
trkstarr

Thanks man...I guess i was just really nervous. Post more pic's when you get a chance Jeffrh.
Old 09-06-2005, 07:04 PM   #26
j14
Seņor Esmooth...not rich

it's nice to hear everyone had a nice time, it makes me wish I'd been there (level 1 of course) but having fun nonetheless
Old 09-06-2005, 07:31 PM   #27
UrMyStlkAl

Bike(s):
93 CBR F2 600

Send a message via AIM to UrMyStlkAl Send a message via MSN to UrMyStlkAl Send a message via Yahoo to UrMyStlkAl

I might try out the next track day. Trkstarr I met ur buddy Chuy at Cycle Gear today when I went in to order a jacket. Cool guy.
UrMyStlkAl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2005, 08:21 PM   #28
SBK Pilot
non playa hatar

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
:: 05 GSXR 750 ::

:: 07 GSXR 1K ::
:: 11 ZUMA 125 ::
stop listing what u sold here - nobody cares...

Quote:
Originally Posted by arturo3rd
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capafool
1:52.98 baby!!!*
im not your baby*
!... 1:53 and still REJECTED!...*

don't give up on him gianni... we're all pullin for you... :laughing6:

j/k mang... just a itsy bitsy teeny tiny little bit jealous i guess... with my slowpoke 2:07's... :eh:
Old 09-06-2005, 09:18 PM   #29
roro

Here are my thoughts on my very first track day....

First off, I must say it was one of the best days of my life...pure adrenaline!* I had a great time just hanging out with everyone.* It was nice to meet all the guys at SpringSportBikes.com who did a great job arranging transport and all the logistics.* Special thanks to Mo for hauling my bike up there!* It was also cool to meet the guys at MotoHouston such as TrkStarr, Scorpio, and a few others.

I agree...TrkStarr was hella fast.* He blew by me during the straights and I even looked at my speedometer and I was already around 150mph on the R1.

Now regarding my performance...I think I did ok for my first time.* One thing I learned though is no matter how much they tell you not to ride with your emotions, it is definitely very hard to do that. I came in Level 1 thinking everyone was going to be* at moderate speeds. The last thing I wanted to do was mess up my bike.* The round robin was stress-free. After that, man everyone was hauling .* So there went my rational side and tried to haul as well.* I was surprised after a few laps how fast I could get at the turns and also how low I could go.* I almost felt like the bike was going to slide out from underneath me.* Next time, I'll try harder to keep my emotions in check.

On a scary side, during the second session, I felt really comfortable and was definitely keeping up with most of the guys.* That's when one of most scariest moments happened to me.* It happened in Turn 12, 13, and 14 (S-turn).* I went really hot into turn 12 and could not regain my line. I panicked, ended up looking down, and figured I could not lean my bike quick enough for my speed going into turn 13.* I basically jumped the corner chicane on turn 13, airborne for a quick second, landed on the grass and rode it through turn 14 and eventually back on the grass till I was almost near the pit entrance.* What a scary feeling. Luckily, I tried my hardest to just keep the bike straight while in the air and on the grass.* I made it out ok. Pitted and took a breather to calm my nerves. After that, I was never really the same during those turns. I was really cautious and took them slower trying to master the line.

I ended up going to Level 2 during my DVD filming session.* Those guys were quick.* However, I felt more relaxed and confident for some reason.* With Mike Sanchez filming behind, I guess I tried a little harder.*

One negative I saw was that some people in Level 1 need to move up to Level 2.* I'm not sure if it is an ego thing where they wanted to be the quickest in their group, but one assh*le passed me on the inside, and I could feel him graze me.* That sh*t is scary and freaked me out. I'm sure I'll get used to it, but I don't think that was allowed in Level 1.

When I got home, I went to bed at 7PM and woke up at 8AM this morning. It was definitely exhausting.

Other than that...great time, great people.....I'm addicted.* I can't wait for my next track day!
Old 09-06-2005, 09:33 PM   #30
Capafool
QuePaso Racing

Experience: 7 years

Bike(s):
'01 Gixxer 1k (Track)
'10 Duc 848 (Street)
'05 Drz-110 (Tarded)

Send a message via AIM to Capafool Send a message via MSN to Capafool

Quote:
Originally Posted by roro

Other than that...great time, great people.....I'm addicted.* I can't wait for my next track day!
Welcome to the addiction! right:
CMRA Sprints #486
TMGP Endurance #46
"Scientists discover the world that exists; Engineers create the world that never was."
Capafool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2005, 10:58 PM   #31
j14
Seņor Esmooth...not rich

cool...I need to do another track day this year myself. My goal is 3 for '05!
Old 09-06-2005, 11:05 PM   #32
roro

Does anyone know how and when the DVDs will be sent out? What about the pictures?
Old 09-06-2005, 11:07 PM   #33
tbone16

, I should have came out, you guys are in my back yard. , this sounds so awsome, it realy makes me want to go sport.
tbone16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2005, 11:08 PM   #34
arturo3rd
OG Sheriff/ Boss

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
2015 HD Forty Eight

they say you cant pass on the inside in level 1 but it happens. they usually pass if they have enough space. hold your line and you wont run into them.

syd, tell them what happened to J14 *
Old 09-06-2005, 11:18 PM   #35
roro

By the way, I'm not sure about the total number of people that went down during the day. I think there were about 5-6 total. I know I personally saw 2 riders go down. I think one was a gixxer in Turn 2 and the other was a blue R6 in Turn 6.

Anyways, for those that went down, I hope everyone is ok!
Old 09-06-2005, 11:43 PM   #36
UrMyStlkAl

Bike(s):
93 CBR F2 600

Send a message via AIM to UrMyStlkAl Send a message via MSN to UrMyStlkAl Send a message via Yahoo to UrMyStlkAl

I heard that Ducati went down. That thing sounded nice
UrMyStlkAl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2005, 11:57 PM   #37
jeffrh
Big Long Member

Bike(s):
05 Repsol 1KRR

I'm still moving slow, but looking forward to doing it again! Here are a couple more pics from the springsportbikes.com paddock. We had 2 CBR1000RRs, 3 R1s, an R6, a Ninja, 3 Ducatis, 2 Gixxers, and a few others not in these pics. I'm very happy everyone in our group came home without incident and I hope those that did go down are ok. I do remember seeing the ambulance leaving with lights on once.

tws090505 6

tws090505 7
2000 Dodge Viper GTS ACR
2004 Lexus RX330
1999 Lexus RX470
2005 Polaris Predator 500 TLD
2004 Polaris Predator 90
www.springsportbikes.com

jeffssig
jeffrh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2005, 07:33 AM   #38
CarbonJames
LSTD/TTBC Instructor

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 1-3 months
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
13 250sx
13 350sxf
12 150sx
07 CRF 230
04 CRF 50/70

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moody
Don't pull a Moody either.* right:
or a carbonr1
CarbonJames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2005, 09:58 AM   #39
speedismo
OCD for speed

blue R6 that went down in 6 was mine Roro! guy cut into my line and i had to go off-track but cld not keep it up in some small ditches that were there.
u might remember me, i had come up and said hi to u..also to Capafool.

Also I wanted to say a BIGGG thanks to Scorpio..and his buddies...for hauling my bike back..and for everything else!!!! U r one heck of a guy, Tom..it would have been impossible for me without u guyz being arnd. Anytime there is anything that I can do at all for u guyz, I am just a phone call away!

Travelomy:Simplify your travel.
speedismo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2005, 01:43 PM   #40
roro

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedismo
blue R6 that went down in 6 was mine Roro! guy cut into my line and i had to go off-track but cld not keep it up* in some small ditches that were there.
u* might remember me, i had come up and said hi to u..also to Capafool.

Also I wanted to say a BIGGG thanks to Scorpio..and his buddies...for hauling my bike back..and for everything else!!!! U r one heck of a guy, Tom..it would have been impossible for me without u guyz being arnd. Anytime there is anything that I can do at all for u guyz, I am just a phone call away!
Oh yes, of course I remember you. Man, I didn't know that was you on turn 6. Hope you are ok. It didn't look like you wandered too far off the track which was good. How's the bike? Do you need lots of parts?

One thing I want to do before the next track day is get another bike. I want an R6 or maybe even R1 dedicated for the track. While I was riding the R1, all I kept thinking about was not laying my bike down which kept me from going to the next level. Maybe if I knew I could lay the bike down if I had too, I would not be as limited. Racing has to do with the mostly the mind as well as the body from what I experienced.

Advertisement