MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > Off Topic (everything else) > Off Topic
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 01-15-2008, 02:20 PM   #21
gixxerbill

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
K5 GSXR 1000
2008 Goldwing 1832 cc
Bourget Low Blow Chopper

So sad sorry boost. Prayers go to friends and family. Suicide sux dang depression battled that in my own life. If I ever get down again, I am taking off on the wing across the country for a month or be a beach bartender in Mexico at a resort.
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
My sad.. sad build Z06 style Mark06gsxr Car Forum 177 06-10-2014 01:53 PM
Rip Bill Warner very sad news supadupa General Discussion (Moto Related) 30 07-15-2013 08:43 AM
sad sad day!! yeffug General Discussion (Moto Related) 7 05-23-2009 05:26 PM
Rider down. Sad day for me. RIP. texlurch General Discussion (Moto Related) 168 08-17-2008 05:46 PM
SaD SaD SaD....mini Bike Crash, Red Light Blowers... Reidlos General Discussion (Moto Related) 8 06-30-2007 06:54 PM
Advertisement
Old 01-15-2008, 02:26 PM   #22
Nobody's Girl
Just Wanna Ride

Bike(s):
2001 R6

So sorry. I feel for you. My boyfriend slit his arm open and killed himself just over a month ago. Its really tough.
Nobody's Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2008, 02:29 PM   #23
BoostJunky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nobody's Girl View Post
So sorry. I feel for you. My boyfriend slit his arm open and killed himself just over a month ago. Its really tough.
omg i'm so sorry to hear. Serioulsy that is so recent, if you need anyone to talk to feel free to contact me. I know i don't know you, but some of my friends and i are having a ladies night out this Friday if you'd like to join us. It would be a pleasure to meet you and have a good time, get our minds off things.
BoostJunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2008, 02:35 PM   #24
Fuzzy018

Experience: 6 years

Bike(s):
2009 HD Dyna - Super Glide

R.I.P.

Fuzzy018 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2008, 02:38 PM   #25
Nobody's Girl
Just Wanna Ride

Bike(s):
2001 R6

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoostJunky View Post
omg i'm so sorry to hear. Serioulsy that is so recent, if you need anyone to talk to feel free to contact me. I know i don't know you, but some of my friends and i are having a ladies night out this Friday if you'd like to join us. It would be a pleasure to meet you and have a good time, get our minds off things.
Yeah, Im having a hard time with it... I really appreciate your kindness.
The most comforting thing is just to know someone is there.

I would love to go out and get my mind off things but Im a couple hours north of Houston so I dont think I can.
Nobody's Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2008, 03:09 PM   #26
S_M_J82
Prime Time!!!

Feedback Rating: (3)

2003 kawasaki z1000

Send a message via AIM to S_M_J82
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nobody's Girl View Post
Yeah, Im having a hard time with it... I really appreciate your kindness.
The most comforting thing is just to know someone is there.

I would love to go out and get my mind off things but Im a couple hours north of Houston so I dont think I can.
wow i'm sorry for both of ya'll loss:( always keep in mind you both have friends all around and don't ever think for one second that you have no one to talk to. We are all here for each other! Stay strong
Old 01-15-2008, 04:03 PM   #27
FlipSideUp
This Flip Rides Nekkid

Feedback Rating: (13)

Bike(s):
'03 Honda 919 Hornet
'89 Yamaha FZR400 Trackbike
'83 Honda CB650SC Nighthawk
'07 Step-2 (ok, it's my daughter's)

RIP. I feel real bad for his family and friends.

Boost & NobodysGirl,
A long time ago, one of my friend's gf committed suicide and it really messed him up bad. Before she killed herself, he was a pretty happy guy, but after that he became someone else. Don't know whatever happened to him, but I hope he was able to move on. But it's sad. Because of that, I used to get so angry at people who killed themselves for being so selfish, and not to think about those that loved them.

Then other times, I feel real sorry for them, and I wonder if anything could have been done to help or reach out, and change their minds. I know that, in the end, we should not be angry at them, but rather just accept that this act was what they felt they had to do to ease their extreme mental anguish... a pain so great, that they knew no other way. It was wrong, but it was not our fault. It had nothing to do with you or me, or anyone else, but a conflict within themselves, and themselves alone. It's up to us (the survivors, in a sense), to release any sense of guilt and anger, and just pray that their souls will find peace in their new world, so that we can move on with our lives in a positive way.
FlipSideUp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2008, 04:10 PM   #28
gixxerbill

Bike(s):
K5 GSXR 1000
2008 Goldwing 1832 cc
Bourget Low Blow Chopper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob919 View Post
RIP. I feel real bad for his family and friends.

Boost & NobodysGirl,
A long time ago, one of my friend's gf committed suicide and it really messed him up bad. Before she killed herself, he was a pretty happy guy, but after that he became someone else. Don't know whatever happened to him, but I hope he was able to move on. But it's sad. Because of that, I used to get so angry at people who killed themselves for being so selfish, and not to think about those that loved them.

Then other times, I feel real sorry for them, and I wonder if anything could have been done to help or reach out, and change their minds. I know that, in the end, we should not be angry at them, but rather just accept that this act was what they felt they had to do to ease their extreme mental anguish... a pain so great, that they knew no other way. It was wrong, but it was not our fault. It had nothing to do with you or me, or anyone else, but a conflict within themselves, and themselves alone. It's up to us (the survivors, in a sense), to release any sense of guilt and anger, and just pray that their souls will find peace in their new world, so that we can move on with our lives in a positive way.
Good post. People that commit suicide have NO joy in their life at the time and see no way out. What sux is it does go away if given enough time. Suicide is permanent solution to a short term problem.
Old 01-15-2008, 04:14 PM   #29
Cornbread
Cornelius Breadington

Experience: 4 years

Bike(s):
Huffy

Send a message via AIM to Cornbread Send a message via Yahoo to Cornbread
Quote:
Originally Posted by gixxerbill View Post
Suicide is permanent solution to a short term problem.
When you have a mental illness that causes your depression, it is a permanent problem.
Cornbread is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2008, 04:23 PM   #30
gixxerbill

Bike(s):
K5 GSXR 1000
2008 Goldwing 1832 cc
Bourget Low Blow Chopper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cornbread View Post
When you have a mental illness that causes your depression, it is a permanent problem.
that can be managed
Old 01-15-2008, 04:25 PM   #31
BoostJunky

^ that's true. I've battled depression before and i suffer from severe anxiety, sometimes they just want the hurting to stop no matter what it takes or what the consequences.
BoostJunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2008, 04:28 PM   #32
Javi
Siempre positivo..

sorry bout ur friend...... pll do need 2 know they are loved ...
Javi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2008, 04:34 PM   #33
nihaikitty
Squidette

Experience: 4 years

Bike(s):
'04 EX500
'08 SV650

Quote:
Originally Posted by Javi View Post
sorry bout ur friend...... pll do need 2 know they are loved ...
i agree. Sorry about this, Junky.
Old 01-15-2008, 04:34 PM   #34
FJRmgm

Bike(s):
Yamaha FJR 1300
Honda CBR 954RR
Yamaha WR250R

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guitar Man View Post
Had a friend when I was in High School hang himself in his garage. None of us could not figure out why he did it. It was sad at the funeral because the parents were asking us like we knew something and all we could do was shrug our shoulders because we had no answers. I really felt sorry for them, still makes me well up thinking about it. Sometimes there are underlying issues that are not know to the rest of us.

Sorry about your friend. My condolensces to you and his family as well.
sorry to hear about your friend.

The above is the cruel part for the survivors - they will always wonder what, if any, signs of impending suicide they missed or should have seen.
FJRmgm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2008, 04:47 PM   #35
gixxerbill

Bike(s):
K5 GSXR 1000
2008 Goldwing 1832 cc
Bourget Low Blow Chopper

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoostJunky View Post
^ that's true. I've battled depression before and i suffer from severe anxiety, sometimes they just want the hurting to stop no matter what it takes or what the consequences.
Depression sux. I think one of the best cures is to go on vacation somewhere that is naturally beautiful and let and nature show you that life can be good again.
Old 01-15-2008, 04:49 PM   #36
NorthHoustonGSXR
Yes I do.

Feedback Rating: (5)

Bike(s):
2006 GSX 600R
mystery bike
2000 CBR600F4 track only (SOLD)

Sorry for the losses...suicide seems to happen more and more nowadays. I can only relate that to the fact that growing up today is so very hard and there are several factors that are around today that never existed in the past. Being a teenager and young adult today has too many pressures associated with it. My prayers.

RIP.

xdng33m4iv
GOVERNMENT IS THE REAL MIDDLE MAN. COMMON BUSINESS PRACTICE IS TO ELIMINATE THE MIDDLE MAN.
NorthHoustonGSXR is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisement