MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > Taking it to the Track
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Closed Thread
Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 09-06-2005, 08:37 AM   #1
SBK Pilot
non playa hatar

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
:: 05 GSXR 750 ::

:: 07 GSXR 1K ::
:: 11 ZUMA 125 ::
stop listing what u sold here - nobody cares...

tmgp race weekend - 9/3 - comments

post up comments peepz...

good seeing everybody as usual... brandon - how'd you do?... was that your first time out there or have you done that a lot before... that was my fourth time out there... hellacool track...* right:
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
TMGP First timers for this weekend obed Mini's, Motards & Flattrack Racing 24 03-05-2013 10:06 PM
Couple TMGP Sprint Vids From Last Weekend rob78 Mini's, Motards & Flattrack Racing 0 10-29-2012 10:59 PM
TMGP Last race weekend of the season obed Events, Meets and Rides 20 10-19-2012 07:58 AM
TMGP Races this weekend Sept 8 & 9 obed Events, Meets and Rides 5 09-07-2012 01:42 PM
spies comments more on endurance race SBK Pilot Taking it to the Track 4 02-01-2007 11:40 AM
Advertisement
Old 09-06-2005, 08:47 AM   #2
Moody
Holy Smokes!

Feedback Rating: (4)

Bike(s):

Re: tmgp race weekend - 9/3 - comments

HSN Racing took 3rd for the Endurance on Sunday in Lt. Superbike Novice. We were 4 seconds down from 2nd place. Unfortunately James had a hard wreck in T7, which we are all greatful he was okay because it looked nasty but, that set us back from getting that 2nd place. Oh well, we will get them next year!

Also, some fast guy on a KX65 kept trying to touch my when he would lap me... any clues? :laughing6:

Open your eyes and reclaim the freedom you were born with. - Moody
Old 09-06-2005, 09:40 AM   #3
FireMalt
Recovering track addict

Feedback Rating: (3)

Hmmm... I wasn't there, so I have no clue who it was.
Old 09-06-2005, 11:08 AM   #4
CarbonJames
LSTD/TTBC Instructor

Experience: 1-3 months
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
13 250sx
13 350sxf
12 150sx
07 CRF 230
04 CRF 50/70

Member Garage

yeah, unfortunate for HSN Racing i did have a nasty little spill,, my knees are sore, bruised and ,,, but im getting around ok. i had to spray some WD-40 on them to get em going this morning, they are stiff, other than that i had a blast racing, brandon is pretty fast out there, he did good, jason and bobby ran some really good times and Henry wrote down some good lap times,,, i think he's been cheating though, we need him to score for us next year so we get some extra good lap times,
Old 09-06-2005, 03:18 PM   #5
Patrick
Motorcycles Unlimited

Feedback Rating: (2)

Bike(s):
'14 Speed Triple R, '82 CB900F, '13 Streetglide

Brandon rode both of Lukes bikes, at the end on the day they finished 1st and 2nd overall, not bad for stock motored KX's with our suspension underneath. right: (shameless plug)

Patrick

NEED GEAR? We have a great selection in stock but if we need to order it we GUARANTEE FIT!
Where Houston riders go to have their bikes worked on, done right the first time!

muad

1964 FM 1960 West
Houston, TX 77090
Hours: Tues.-Fri. 9:30-6:00 Sat. 9-5:30
www.motorcycles-unlimited.com
http://www.facebook.com/motorcyclesunlimited
e-mail: patrick@motorcycles-unlimited.com
Old 09-09-2005, 08:27 PM   #6
Pabst214

Feedback Rating: (0)

henry that was my 3rd time to race at katy.* *i did the same race last year on a production ysr and we took 3rd, i did the first sprint races of this year and then* this race last weekend.* * *mr moody i'll be sure to let my teammates know to keep there hands to themselves .* * it was a blast though.* 1 hour and fifty minutes out of a 2 hour race* is hard on the old body though.* * i rubbed my 2 toes raw on my shifter foot and i got a nice raw too, not fun .... congrats to the hsn guys,* derrick wagnon had a big fall and broke his collar bone soooo thats bad news. (sorry dude)* i hope he heels quickly.* *all in all though great race and i look forward to doing a little more next year
Old 09-09-2005, 10:46 PM   #7
Moody
Holy Smokes!

Feedback Rating: (4)

Bike(s):

Quote:
Originally Posted by suprpronov214
henry that was my 3rd time to race at katy.* *i did the same race last year on a production ysr and we took 3rd, i did the first sprint races of this year and then* this race last weekend.* * *mr moody i'll be sure to let my teammates know to keep there hands to themselves .* * it was a blast though.* 1 hour and fifty minutes out of a 2 hour race* is hard on the old body though.* * i rubbed my 2 toes raw on my shifter foot and i got a nice raw too, not fun .... congrats to the hsn guys,* derrick wagnon had a big fall and broke his collar bone soooo thats bad news. (sorry dude)* i hope he heels quickly.* *all in all though great race and i look forward to doing a little more next year
It was cool seeing you out there. I was trying to spot your lines on that KX but you guys just had to much speed over the stock NSR. right:

Open your eyes and reclaim the freedom you were born with. - Moody
Old 09-12-2005, 10:57 AM   #8
CarbonJames
LSTD/TTBC Instructor

Bike(s):
13 250sx
13 350sxf
12 150sx
07 CRF 230
04 CRF 50/70

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by suprpronov214
i was trying my best to make a pass on you but you were fast in the turns and the KX was pulling pretty hard on the straights. i wanted to pass you just one time.. maybe next year.. my performance between the first race and the second race greatly improved in regards to my lines and that turn 5, it kicked my the whole time in the first race but, thanks to Andy, i learned how to go thru it without running into the grass.
Old 09-12-2005, 08:22 PM   #9
Pabst214

yeah i hate that turn. i do look forward to racing with you guys next year though, and who knows you might get that pass you want......ehhhh prolly not take care dude
Old 09-13-2005, 07:56 AM   #10
CarbonJames
LSTD/TTBC Instructor

Bike(s):
13 250sx
13 350sxf
12 150sx
07 CRF 230
04 CRF 50/70

Member Garage

ohh, i'll get the pass alright, i gaurantee it... ill find the right line and you'll make a little mistake and then BOOM, C-YA

j/k, but hopefully i'll get the pass on you..
Old 09-13-2005, 07:41 PM   #11
Pabst214

BOOM????? you gonna do me dirty and take me out ohhh man i'll be sure to grab onto a boot or something and drag your down with me hahah that way there wont be a pass, just a big crash.
Old 09-14-2005, 07:24 AM   #12
CarbonJames
LSTD/TTBC Instructor

Bike(s):
13 250sx
13 350sxf
12 150sx
07 CRF 230
04 CRF 50/70

Member Garage

i cant afford another big crash like that, my knee still hurts. i wouldnt take you down at all, i just want to get around you fair and square. JUST ONCE so that i can say i did
Closed Thread

Advertisement