MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 01-20-2008, 09:27 AM   #81
PoPoRiderRR
NO MO BIKE guy!

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 2

Bike(s):
2007 CBR 1000 RR *** SOLD ***

Quote:
Originally Posted by tz420 View Post
nothing is a big deal unless you make it a big deal.
Thats a Suuuuper Deep thought!!! hmmmmmm????? lol
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Why are people in Russia so crazy? CaffeineRacer General Discussion (Moto Related) 3 06-08-2012 01:11 PM
WTF People build some crazy sh*t 081000rrKing General Discussion (Moto Related) 14 03-13-2011 03:19 PM
crazy what people u know will do dirkbelt Off Topic 39 12-30-2009 05:15 PM
Crazy people SPYDER BITE Off Topic 12 07-19-2007 09:01 AM
Crazy people SportRider General Discussion (Moto Related) 29 07-17-2006 09:19 PM
Advertisement
Old 01-20-2008, 03:34 PM   #82
Sifu-TZ
#1 Satans' Buttnuggets

Feedback Rating: (1)

Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
Husky 450SMR motard

actually, it is. that's not as dangerous as most cops would like everyone to believe. it's not. there are much more dangerous jobs out there, that don't pay as well. they just don't get the good pr spin that cops get. I know, I was the first guy in the door serving felony warrants with the dog. got shot at, stabbed, fought all the time but it's not as dangerous as people really think, they just talk about the highlights. every cop I know thinks he's mel gibson in the first leathal weapon, this bad- loner guy no one gets but it's just a self-directed image. did your doctor say to you "you do questionable hobbies an occasionally dangerous job, and your cat scan shows you are possibly crazy. go see another dr that knows about crazy people." hopefully not. you would not have passed your L3 if you were. you are just an adrenaline junkie, like many of us here. if you enjoy the drama that comes with thinking you're crazy, then that's a self-applied curse. people that don't ride think we're nuts because they're idea of a crazy night is a couple of extra beers while playing uno. which bores the rest of us.

Among the maxims on Lord Naoshige's wall there was this one: ''Matters of' great concern should be treated lightly.'' Master lttei commented, "Matters of small concern should be treated seriously." Among one's affairs there should not be more than two or three matters of what one could call great concern. If these are deliberated upon during ordinary times, they can be understood. Thinking about things previously and then handling them lightly when the time comes is what this is all about. To face an event anew solve it lightly is difficult if you are not resolved beforehand, and there will always be uncertainty in hitting your mark. However, if the foundation is laid previously, you can think of the saying, "Matters of great concern should be treated lightly," as your own basis for action.

now, go out and smack someone who's stealing a bike!

Fastline motorcycle school grid marshal.
SBN. We're coming for your wife and daughters.
Sifu-TZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2008, 03:55 PM   #83
PoPoRiderRR
NO MO BIKE guy!

Bike(s):

Quote:
actually, it is. that's not as dangerous as most cops would like everyone to believe. it's not. there are much more dangerous jobs out there, that don't pay as well. they just don't get the good pr spin that cops get. I know, I was the first guy in the door serving felony warrants with the dog. got shot at, stabbed, fought all the time but it's not as dangerous as people really think, they just talk about the highlights. every cop I know thinks he's mel gibson in the first leathal weapon, this bad- loner guy no one gets but it's just a self-directed image. did your doctor say to you "you do questionable hobbies an occasionally dangerous job, and your cat scan shows you are possibly crazy. go see another dr that knows about crazy people." hopefully not. you would not have passed your L3 if you were. you are just an adrenaline junkie, like many of us here. if you enjoy the drama that comes with thinking you're crazy, then that's a self-applied curse. people that don't ride think we're nuts because they're idea of a crazy night is a couple of extra beers while playing uno. which bores the rest of us.

Among the maxims on Lord Naoshige's wall there was this one: ''Matters of' great concern should be treated lightly.'' Master lttei commented, "Matters of small concern should be treated seriously." Among one's affairs there should not be more than two or three matters of what one could call great concern. If these are deliberated upon during ordinary times, they can be understood. Thinking about things previously and then handling them lightly when the time comes is what this is all about. To face an event anew solve it lightly is difficult if you are not resolved beforehand, and there will always be uncertainty in hitting your mark. However, if the foundation is laid previously, you can think of the saying, "Matters of great concern should be treated lightly," as your own basis for action.

Well said... I think!!! I got a bit lost on the last part but Im sure its good...
Old 01-21-2008, 09:21 AM   #84
Jesse H

Feedback Rating: (5)

Bike(s):
05 Harley Road King

Honestly, it's an easy, stress-free job. I didn't want to pilot a desk so I became a cop. That's exactly what I said during my oral review board.

I'm more stressed out when I'm at home with my gf.
Old 01-22-2008, 01:02 AM   #85
PoPoRiderRR
NO MO BIKE guy!

Bike(s):

I love my job... actually I dont think it's stressfull at all (most of the time it's not) ... I always think that Im about to go play when I get up which makes it much easier to get up and do my thing...
Old 01-22-2008, 10:29 AM   #86
gixxerbill

Bike(s):
K5 GSXR 1000
2008 Goldwing 1832 cc
Bourget Low Blow Chopper

Quote:

Wth(what the heck) arrest this dude popo he is typing higher than a kite.
Old 01-22-2008, 03:46 PM   #87
t.dubya
Senor Member

Feedback Rating: (2)

Bike(s):
k7 gsxr 600 (now dead)

food for thought....

the only truly crazy people are those that think that they are perfectly sane and everyone else is crazy.

everyone of us has our own idiosyncracies, you only lose grip on reality if you think that you are perfectly normal
t.dubya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2008, 05:21 PM   #88
Sifu-TZ
#1 Satans' Buttnuggets

Bike(s):
Husky 450SMR motard

Quote:
These are both from the book Hagakure, The Way of the Samurai.

Quote:
It is not good to settle into a set of opinions. It is a mistake to put forth effort and obtain some understanding and then stop at that. At first putting forth great effort to be sure that you have grasped the bastes, then practicing so that they may come to fruition is something that will never stop for your whole lifetime. Do not rely on following the degree of understanding that you have discovered, but simply think, "This is not enough."
One should search throughout his whole life how best to follow the Way. And he should study, setting his mind to work without putting things off. Within this is the Way.
That one is just for Bill, and although it was not written by jebus, he may find something there worth considering.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hagakure
for those that aren't familiar with the book.

Fastline motorcycle school grid marshal.
SBN. We're coming for your wife and daughters.
Sifu-TZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2008, 05:55 PM   #89
Tumper
Hullo

Trackdays: 3

Bike(s):
2004 Speed Triple SE
01 KLR650,
93 Dyna Wide Glide
11 BMW F800GS
Cannondale F-4...

Keep riding bro.

You'll regret it if you stop for someone else. No matter what thier motivation is for asking you to stop, you will resent them if you do. Resentment is hard to get over.
Old 01-22-2008, 09:37 PM   #90
dtlam_88
Noob

Bike(s):
03 600RR

Send a message via AIM to dtlam_88 Send a message via Yahoo to dtlam_88
No your not being selfish. I feel the same way and live a same situation. My parents are really strict and don't want me to ride, but I guess I have proven myself responsible enough for them to know that I wont do anything stupid. Even if that wasn't the case, I would still ride. This is how I look at life, you can't make everybody around you happy and be happy yourself. Sure they are you parents, but where do you draw the line in doing what you want and what they want?
dtlam_88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2008, 09:54 PM   #91
MadseasoN

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoPoRiderRR View Post
Since before my accident at MSR-Houston, people have been telling me Im crazy and I'm just " asking for it. " The reason behind that statement is that many believe that I have some sort of death wish bc NOT ONLY am I in a dangerous job 8-10 hours a day, but on my spare time I choose to ride sport bikes )the most deadly bikes as per statistics )... Then I went from riding sport bikes to track riding on a sport bike... Sure I wrecked only my second time out there... I tell my parents that this is part of the game but the SAD part for my family is that I intend to keep doing despite my get off... So do ya'll think I am tempting fate??? I tell my parents/family that I have to live for ME but am I being selfish??? I feel bad that they feel this way, but I just really love both my job and my riding hobbie... if you all have ever been in this situation, what have been your feelings on the subject... What is ya'lls opinion...???

P.S since the accident I keep getting asked if I will stop riding and I keep say HECK NO... then the lectures from family and friends(non riders) begin
Are you getting told this by non-riders? I hear the same from my family (non-riders).

IMO crashing on your second time at the track is a bit early. You've got to go slow to go fast.
MadseasoN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2008, 10:45 PM   #92
PoPoRiderRR
NO MO BIKE guy!

Bike(s):

Good advice all... yes, even you madseason makes sense... lol
Old 01-22-2008, 11:00 PM   #93
MadseasoN

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoPoRiderRR View Post
Good advice all... yes, even you madseason makes sense... lol
Hey I know what I'm talking about.

.... most of the time.
MadseasoN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2008, 11:02 PM   #94
PoPoRiderRR
NO MO BIKE guy!

Bike(s):

yeah maybe... Ur not as bad as you seem...lol
Old 01-25-2008, 12:10 PM   #95
CubanGIXXER
R.I.P. Burns

Feedback Rating: (2)

Bike(s):
'07 Suzuki GSXR 600

Member Garage

Send a message via AIM to CubanGIXXER Send a message via Yahoo to CubanGIXXER
GIXXERSRULE

^^ lol ... I made that just for you PoPo! ROTFLMAO
CubanGIXXER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2008, 04:16 PM   #96
PoPoRiderRR
NO MO BIKE guy!

Bike(s):

thats Cool papa... I like it... I was going to make one for you too but I realized they already have one for you
Old 01-25-2008, 05:10 PM   #97
Radar

Bike(s):
CBR1000RR

Quote:
Originally Posted by CubanGIXXER View Post
GIXXERSRULE

^^ lol ... I made that just for you PoPo! ROTFLMAO
Yea, but Honda Frame is Reuseable!
Radar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2008, 05:43 PM   #98
dirtybaydj

Bike(s):
03 Gixxer 750

I hear a lot of people say they stopped riding when someone else got hurt or killed, so they don't like motorcycles. I had a friend that died in a motorcycle accident before I got my bike and I knew I still wanted one. I explain to people if you have a car accident or someone you know dies in a car crash does that mean you'ur going to stop driving or stay out of cars. Do what makes you happy but also keep family in mind too.
dirtybaydj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2008, 06:01 PM   #99
R6Spartan
1000 Killer

Experience: 7 years

Bike(s):
50th aniv R6 and

dude, your ok...this is the first serious wreck, after the 3rd of 4th, then holla at me and il let you know...lol
Old 01-28-2008, 08:56 PM   #100
RedSand

Bike(s):
07 CBR600RR

Honestly, does it really matter what people say? If you're anything like me giving your life style up would completely dull your life, so there's no point in contemplating why you are the way you are. And thank there are people out there like Popo, Spartan, jesse, and tz420 who are able to live the life. 2 years ago I was put in the hospital for a week by an SUV, a year ago I was hanging out the side of a UH-60 in Iraq, and Monday I start the HPD academy. Woohoo for adrenaline. It's not our friend's and family's fault they don't understand, but that's them and this is us.

2007 CBR600RR Ride Smart-5 Yoshi SlipOn, BMC Filter, SS FendElim, Puig Screen, PCIII
RedSand is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisement