MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 01-15-2008, 12:50 AM   #41
nihaikitty
Squidette

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 4 years

Bike(s):
'04 EX500
'08 SV650

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoPoRiderRR View Post
its a good way for me to vent...
I think thats what most people use MH for anyhow
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Why are people in Russia so crazy? CaffeineRacer General Discussion (Moto Related) 3 06-08-2012 01:11 PM
WTF People build some crazy sh*t 081000rrKing General Discussion (Moto Related) 14 03-13-2011 03:19 PM
crazy what people u know will do dirkbelt Off Topic 39 12-30-2009 05:15 PM
Crazy people SPYDER BITE Off Topic 12 07-19-2007 09:01 AM
Crazy people SportRider General Discussion (Moto Related) 29 07-17-2006 09:19 PM
Advertisement
Old 01-15-2008, 01:22 AM   #42
speedjunkie
Insomniac

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 2 years
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
09 r1
2011 stryker

Let Me chime in

Well,

I might Have a few Stories to Share. popo and I grew up together, have done just about everything together, All i can say is Ariel is a safe by the book guy, who realy thinks things through and through.

Lets say when Ariel was a Kempner High school Baseball player and dislocated his hip, (Far worse than a small little whole in the knee) he kept on playing, lets go back even futher, A hernia he got during his martial Arts training in Kempo( that involved surgery) He kept going, or the first time he was hit on his bike by a careless driver, he faired ok but kept going. Ariel has always kept on going, and to think that after a spectacular crash like the one on 1/12 is going to stop him from living his life is to not know Ariel for who he realy Is. A person who adores life and family before anything else and that involves a passion for the need to attempt things that have risk. we all do it and to think one is foolish for not settling down after an accident is to give up and quit in my honest opinion.

If Ariel were to share the fact that when he was a little boy in havana he had an illness that nearly ended his life yet he survived, escaped a communist Nation and stated a completely new Life in this country , i would say His life has never Been risk free.

So Dont Worry bro
You have A Very special guardian Angel, Just never stop Believing in Yourself
You Know I wont.

Number 1 Risk Taker
Your Cuz and Best Friend
Ed

(my grammer sucks cuz im realy Inteligent )lol
Old 01-15-2008, 07:46 AM   #43
FJRmgm

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
Yamaha FJR 1300
Honda CBR 954RR
Yamaha WR250R

Note: I WILL keep riding till I die, even if I die on a bike...

Keep riding but make sure you ride like you don't want to die before you really should or have to.

That is, don't take foolish/stupid risks on a motorcycle.

Granted, riding a motorcycle is inherently dangerous enough as it is but some just seem to taunt Death into coming after them.
FJRmgm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2008, 08:15 AM   #44
MANSON6

Experience: 4 years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2005 636

I have crashed 3 times now, My first wreck was on the street and I got airlifted to the hospital, My second wreck was at TWS (Texas World Speedway) I lowsided in turn 11 and then my third wreck was on the street. I have 2 kids and a beautiful wife And I always say I will be careful but sometimes things just happen. Now after my third wreck I am only riding on the track from now on. Of course I always wear full leathers and back support and a good helmet so I do take precautions. But my wife knows this is something I love to do and she wishs me the best.
Old 01-15-2008, 09:09 AM   #45
ruthlessimage
2007 GSX-R 600

do what makes you happy. before you make other people happy you have to be happy with yourself first.
ruthlessimage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2008, 09:20 AM   #46
txgsxrbob
THE SH*T STARTER IS BACK

Bike(s):
06 GSXR 1K SOLD !
2012 R1 Moto GP replica # 1287

LOOK you do what you want to in life that is what makes you - you ! Until YOU decide you want to stop riding ......then You will know you have riden for the last time !! I say this all of the time to friends " Nobody is going to look out or know whats best for you except YOU !!" You have to keep beliving in yourself !! when you quit doing that then you know it's time to get off the bike !! .....My .02 now for the best part !!!!

Now that your Honda has mis guided you onto the ground .......GIXXER TIME POLICE BOY !!!! ..................just glad to know it's not as bad as it might have been !! take care Areil !! txgsxrbob
Quote:
Originally Posted by pester View Post
NOW WHERE IS TXGSXRBOB WHEN WE NEED HIM????
txgsxrbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2008, 09:31 AM   #47
bubby
Candie's Pit Crew!

Feedback Rating: (5)

Bike(s):
'07 600RR, '09 Kawi 250

You know You're Crazy!!! But that's not a reason to quit riding! You know risks are everywhere. You could give up riding and get taken out while walking down the street! You gotta do what you love and enjoy! I know I can't wait to get back on the bike!
Old 01-15-2008, 09:36 AM   #48
SPYDER BITE
Can-Am has arrived

Trackdays: 2

Bike(s):
2009 Can-Am Spyder 990

we all tempt fate every morning when we get out of bed. Your fate is not determined by the line of work you're in or by what you choose to drive, it is a much higher power which determines our fate. I say live well and have fun while you're in this world; when it is your time, it wont matter what you are doing.
Old 01-15-2008, 09:41 AM   #49
Diablomann
A Real Nice Guy?

Bike(s):
2006 CBR 1000rr
My Wife

You !!

First of all call me back when I call, you !!! I'm glad your OK!!!!!
Second, do what you like the same as others have mentioned in the posts, you need to make yourself happy, but you have to gauge your risk!!!!

You still have a certain obligation to friends(you neglect!!!) and Family (you Neglect!!!) So... I heard you have pictures of the bike, give me a look see!!!

:/:

A Legend in the Minds of a Few !!!
Diablomann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2008, 09:44 AM   #50
speedjunkie
Insomniac

Experience: 2 years

Bike(s):
09 r1
2011 stryker

Lightbulb gauge your risk!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diablomann View Post
First of all call me back when I call, you !!! I'm glad your OK!!!!!
Second, do what you like the same as others have mentioned in the posts, you need to make yourself happy, but you have to gauge your risk!!!!

You still have a certain obligation to friends(you neglect!!!) and Family (you Neglect!!!) So... I heard you have pictures of the bike, give me a look see!!!

:/:

gauge your risk!!!!

Best advise Ever. I bedive bedive bidive thats All folks!!!!
Old 01-15-2008, 09:55 AM   #51
gixxerbill

Bike(s):
K5 GSXR 1000
2008 Goldwing 1832 cc
Bourget Low Blow Chopper

Dude, I get told that all the time by my family and friends especially after a crash. Most people you talk to do not get what we do. We have a passion for bikes, speed and danger. They have never experienced the speed/turning rush like we have.

Next time they hassle you tell them is dangerous too are they willing to give that up?

Oh yea, how is the bike? Any preliminary reports?
Old 01-15-2008, 10:29 AM   #52
Master_Of_Pain
Powa Ranga Action Figure

I had my first street accident ever about a week ago. I've been riding motorcycles since I was six years old, and I've been riding street since the age of 16. I'm 35 now - while I'm not at all happy with the circumstances of the accident, I think the averages were pretty darn good. If this hobby, endeavor, lifestyle - whatever you like to call it - makes you happy then by all means it's worth it. Mitigate the risk as much as possible by wearing the proper gear and keeping your bike in the best possible shape, and turn it down a notch on the track.
Master_Of_Pain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2008, 11:03 AM   #53
Romeo36
Mother****ersi'llkillyou

Feedback Rating: (2)

Bike(s):
sv650,rc51,gsxr750,6oo,sdg107

Send a message via AIM to Romeo36
Quote:
Since before my accident at MSR-Houston, people have been telling me Im crazy and I'm just " asking for it. " The reason behind that statement is that many believe that I have some sort of death wish bc NOT ONLY am I in a dangerous job 8-10 hours a day, but on my spare time I choose to ride sport bikes )the most deadly bikes as per statistics )... Then I went from riding sport bikes to track riding on a sport bike... Sure I wrecked only my second time out there... I tell my parents that this is part of the game but the SAD part for my family is that I intend to keep doing despite my get off... So do ya'll think I am tempting fate??? I tell my parents/family that I have to live for ME but am I being selfish??? I feel bad that they feel this way, but I just really love both my job and my riding hobbie... if you all have ever been in this situation, what have been your feelings on the subject... What is ya'lls opinion...???

P.S since the accident I keep getting asked if I will stop riding and I keep say HECK NO... then the lectures from family and friends(non riders) begin
most people dont ride just because they wanna tempt fate or be reckless, heck most people dont even worry about it being dangerous,nor do they worry about getting hurt. we ride because we love it plain and simple, unless your a squid and just wanna be cool. then your just a loser trying to fit in.

so basically stop worrying about everybody else and do the thing that you love to do, if they dont like it they'll get over it
Romeo36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2008, 05:51 PM   #54
pester
Black olives matter

Feedback Rating: (12)

Bike(s):
2007 yamaha fz6
1998 yamaha wr 400 motard

Member Garage

Quote:
Since before my accident at MSR-Houston, people have been telling me Im crazy and I'm just " asking for it. " The reason behind that statement is that many believe that I have some sort of death wish bc NOT ONLY am I in a dangerous job 8-10 hours a day, but on my spare time I choose to ride sport bikes )the most deadly bikes as per statistics )... Then I went from riding sport bikes to track riding on a sport bike... Sure I wrecked only my second time out there... I tell my parents that this is part of the game but the SAD part for my family is that I intend to keep doing despite my get off... So do ya'll think I am tempting fate??? I tell my parents/family that I have to live for ME but am I being selfish??? I feel bad that they feel this way, but I just really love both my job and my riding hobbie... if you all have ever been in this situation, what have been your feelings on the subject... What is ya'lls opinion...???

P.S since the accident I keep getting asked if I will stop riding and I keep say HECK NO... then the lectures from family and friends(non riders) begin
same thing happened to me when i went down and broke hand

i had to go and stay with parents cause there was no way i could live by myself in that condition

they kept telling me to stop it, i told my mom, you want me to be a liar or an honest man?

she prefered honest so. i told the truth and yes kept riding

and to top it off, my mom keeps my ttr and when i go visit thats what i use

but she makes me laugh when she tells me. u fall once, I TAKE THE HELMET BECAUSE I HEARD THEY ONLY GOOD FOR ONE CRASH

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1sickGixxer View Post
nevermind ima bumbass and ill get my wife 2 do it 2nite.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyt915 View Post
I know enough Spanish to stick you with a knife cabron
pester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2008, 06:28 PM   #55
bumblebee
Yeah I'm flippin' YOU off

Feedback Rating: (3)

Bike(s):
'74 Suzuki GT380
'82 XS650 StreetTracker
'10 Ducati Streetfighter
'83 Yamaha Seca 900

Turn it around on those who would encourage you to stop. There is a line that each person defines for how they will live and what risks they are willing to take.
Some will bungee jump and skydive while others are afraid to leave their house. Ask them where should I draw the line between enjoying my life and huddling in a corner under a blanket?
Should I give up the things I love for some imaginary safety? As soon as you do you will get hit by lightning.

I have a sticker on my bike that says "I refuse to tiptoe through life, only to arrive safely at death".
Bevo- "I lack skillz"
bumblebee is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2008, 06:39 PM   #56
pester
Black olives matter

Feedback Rating: (12)

Bike(s):
2007 yamaha fz6
1998 yamaha wr 400 motard

Member Garage

the only one thing i can say to you is is your decision

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1sickGixxer View Post
nevermind ima bumbass and ill get my wife 2 do it 2nite.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyt915 View Post
I know enough Spanish to stick you with a knife cabron
pester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2008, 07:29 PM   #57
level5
moving chicane

All of you are crazy. Y'all are just waiting for serious sheit to happen before you call it quit. By then it's too late. In gambling, winners walk away with money in hands whether it's $1 or $100K. Riding is like gambling, RISKS. Ever heard of quit while you're ahead? Track is just as dangerous as street because we push it to the edge of our limits. Death is the last thing to worry about, not capable of moving about on your own power is your priority of fears. Sorry, just putting this out there for others to think about. I hear this alot from my family and non-riders.

I am a single parent of one. I know my risks but sometimes I just can't help myself.:/:
level5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2008, 07:38 PM   #58
CWGRL9UP
Ricky Can't Spell

Bike(s):
FORD ESCAPE 2006 BISHS

I think that ur crazy man cuz u like j-row!!

J-Row Fan Club!
CWGRL9UP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2008, 08:50 PM   #59
XRCajun
Cool Senior Member

Trackdays: 5

Bike(s):
2001 Honda XR650R Track Motard (sold), 2006 Honda 919, 2007 Honda CBR600RR(sold)

Quote:

Ariel here is my take on this issue. First a little about me. I have always been one of the most conservative least pointless risk taking guys you could ever meet. I am a father of 5 kids and 3 grand kids whom I love and cherish very much and have very very close relationships with and most of all a wife that I think is the best and most beautiful.

Now all that said I ride a sport bike and I'm going to be riding the track next month. They worry about that and here's my roll in that matter. I could just roll up on the couch and stay safe all weekend but I've never been that kind of person and that's who they love. I play hard but smart. I don't take chances that I'd like to take but don't need to take. I realize that my future is not going to be racing motorcycles or stunting or any of those things, there are other things that I'm better at. I realize that I don't have to push as hard as I can on the rode or on the track. I know my time won't be a good as it could be if I really pushed hard or as good as it will be in the future with more experience. So I'll push a little always leaving room for error. It's just not worth it pushing harder.

Here's a little different view as a father. My oldest son who is in the Army with the 82nd Airborne just about drove his mother and I nuts when he told us he was signing up to go kill bad guys. We didn't want him to take this risk and wanted to protect him but he did it anyway. Now I just 100% support him no matter what. He also owns a sport bike now and he was a TX state wrestler all, risky business. I don't want to see him sit on the couch and read books all day and be board and depressed.

So make smart choices, hug your parents and family and tell them you understand their concern and appreciate it, and go have fun.

Just me,

Last edited by XRCajun; 01-15-2008 at 08:55 PM.
XRCajun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2008, 09:36 PM   #60
Chris24
Thread Savior

Experience: 8 years

Bike(s):
1979 Yamaha XS1100 Special

Send a message via AIM to Chris24 Send a message via MSN to Chris24 Send a message via Yahoo to Chris24
take it easy bro.

if you can do that, than keep on riding. if you cant than dont.

Advertisement