MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > Taking it to the Track
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 01-17-2008, 01:09 PM   #121
PoPoRiderRR
NO MO BIKE guy!

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 2

Bike(s):
2007 CBR 1000 RR *** SOLD ***

Not fair that you get to post your injuries and dont... can I text the pic to anyone that can get it up on here??? Regardless, as Ive said before, its an accident... And not that its much better but I was my second track day, of which the first one I ran right at 2 minutes... I overshot the turn(which was my fault)due the the fact the my bike was not stopping... regardless I am sorry for what happened to you and for my part I hope that you can accept my apology.. I hope to meet up with you soon under different circumstances... To all that were concerned for me and ALL the others that went down, WE THANK YOU!!! We will all be up and running soon enough...
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
popo question....leaving a child home alone Homebrew Off Topic 6 12-14-2011 10:56 AM
Finally back at home ducoop Off Topic 16 06-19-2010 04:46 PM
PoPo Officially has his bike BACK!!! PoPoRiderRR General Discussion (Moto Related) 21 10-03-2008 01:03 PM
Advertisement
Old 01-17-2008, 01:20 PM   #122
rob g
baller_mexican

Bike(s):
honda cbr 600rr

Send a message via AIM to rob g
glad to hear, that u made it out alive hate to say but one of the luckys ones
and dont worrry about ur bike they come and go and can be fixed but a person but a person can be fix but they nvr come back
rob g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2008, 03:11 PM   #123
ange062

Experience: 7 years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
'07 ZX-6R race bike
'05 SV650 Street
CMRA Expert #826, #63 Team Supafly Mini-Endurance, #26 IDB Racing BB Endurance

Send a message via AIM to ange062
Quote:
Originally Posted by Faylaricia View Post
Did you have a displaced fracture? I am just wondering because they apparently did surgery on it and put pins in. Mine was a non-displaced and letting it heal on its own was a real . I am STILL having issues with the shoulder.
Yeah, it was totally displaced, half of it nearly came out through the skin, I had a nice red mark where it tried to. The doc said I could have let it heal on its own, but it would have taken 6mo or more and my shoulder never would have been right again. With the plate and screws in there, he thinks I should have full use of my arm / shoulder again in about a month. Then I'll have to go through some rehab and stuff before I'm ready to ride again.

And PoPo, like I said earlier, no hard feelings. I'm not blaming anyone or anything, crashes happen when you're out there pushing it to the limit. MSRH is a cursed track for me, of the 3 times I have been there I have crashed EVERY time! Hopefully I can break that streak this fall when I can ride again Hope to see you out there again soon man!
ange062 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2008, 08:57 PM   #124
Faylaricia
The Comtesse

Experience: 4 years
Trackdays: 3

Bike(s):
'02 Honda VFR800

Quote:
Originally Posted by ange062 View Post
Yeah, it was totally displaced, half of it nearly came out through the skin, I had a nice red mark where it tried to. The doc said I could have let it heal on its own, but it would have taken 6mo or more and my shoulder never would have been right again. With the plate and screws in there, he thinks I should have full use of my arm / shoulder again in about a month. Then I'll have to go through some rehab and stuff before I'm ready to ride again.
Lucky you. I wish they'd done surgery on mine but two doctors said that there is no way since it was non-displaced. And what your doc told you is exactly what I am going through, it took 5 months to calicify and I am still doing PT and am told the shoulder will never be the same. So, even though surgery and pins suck at first, consider yourself lucky.

Hope you both are up riding again soon.
Old 01-20-2008, 08:47 AM   #125
PoPoRiderRR
NO MO BIKE guy!

Bike(s):

Back at work today and all I can say is OUCHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!
Ok I feel better now!
Old 01-20-2008, 09:02 AM   #126
Squoddybody
This is me.

Feedback Rating: (5)

Experience: 8 years
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
Custom 2003 SV650

It had to happen sometime... ^^^

follow me on IG - squoddybody
Squoddybody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2008, 09:06 AM   #127
PoPoRiderRR
NO MO BIKE guy!

Bike(s):

hey it only took me abour 3 minutes to get into my patrol car...
Old 01-20-2008, 09:12 AM   #128
Squoddybody
This is me.

Bike(s):
Custom 2003 SV650

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoPoRiderRR View Post
hey it only took me abour 3 minutes to get into my patrol car...
Dam. Are you very tall? Maybe you could put the seat back all the way if it's not already there... :/: Then tape a wooden block on your pedals if you don't have those extendable ones.

Seriously, though, sorry to hear. It's your left knee, right? At least you don't have to try to drive with it.

Old 01-20-2008, 09:14 AM   #129
PoPoRiderRR
NO MO BIKE guy!

Bike(s):

yeah... well Im 6'0 so when I get in the Impala (which is pretty low) its hard to bend my leg and get it into the car... now on my Z71 truck(P.O.V) its fairly easy bc its so high... oh well I guess it will get better soon...
Old 01-20-2008, 09:23 AM   #130
Squoddybody
This is me.

Bike(s):
Custom 2003 SV650

Quote:
yeah... well Im 6'0 so when I get in the Impala (which is pretty low) its hard to bend my leg and get it into the car... now on my Z71 truck(P.O.V) its fairly easy bc its so high... oh well I guess it will get better soon...
Okay, so you're screwed. :/: Sorry. Will it be better soon? It's going to take a long time for your body to grow some new skin, won't it? Okay, I'm going to go ride... brrrrrrrrrrr. I may freeze to death out there...

Old 01-20-2008, 09:24 AM   #131
PoPoRiderRR
NO MO BIKE guy!

Bike(s):

Yeah you do that... no F-ing way Id ride a bike now unless I had to... be careful woman...
Old 01-20-2008, 09:36 AM   #132
TXOUTLAW
UNEMPLOYED B/F

Experience: 1-3 months

Bike(s):
2000 TL 1000
99 TL 1000
02 HD NIGHT TRAIN

a popo

sorry to hear about the accident , glad your ok though .
took my spill about a week 1/2 ago tryin to avoid the rider in front and the bike . no major damage to me or the bike but pigpen didnt fair so well.
so yeah it does happen but glad to see you gonna get back on .
take it easy bro
later
TXOUTLAW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2008, 10:05 AM   #133
bubby
Candie's Pit Crew!

Bike(s):
'07 600RR, '09 Kawi 250

Quote:
Back at work today and all I can say is OUCHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!
Ok I feel better now!
Glad you made it back to work! I hope to go back on Tuesday! Hopefully you'll find a less painful way in and out of the car. Just stay out of the donut shops!
Old 01-20-2008, 10:09 AM   #134
PoPoRiderRR
NO MO BIKE guy!

Bike(s):

I will tim... all I would need is a Tahoe Police Vehicle and Id be fine but I dont think they are going to swing that just bc of me...
Old 01-22-2008, 01:05 AM   #135
PoPoRiderRR
NO MO BIKE guy!

Bike(s):

Today my leg felt the WORST since the accident... I went to the wound center and they took out actualy pieces of my leather suit that were STILL in my wound from the accident... now my leg/wound is SUPER RAW...
Old 01-22-2008, 02:05 PM   #136
Faylaricia
The Comtesse

Experience: 4 years
Trackdays: 3

Bike(s):
'02 Honda VFR800

Quote:
Today my leg felt the WORST since the accident... I went to the wound center and they took out actualy pieces of my leather suit that were STILL in my wound from the accident... now my leg/wound is SUPER RAW...
If it goes like mine, you'll have your ups and downs. Did you ever take and post some pics?
Old 01-22-2008, 02:09 PM   #137
NoFear
Busa Chairman of Posing

Feedback Rating: (2)

Quote:
Thanks to ALL of my friends on the board that were concerned about me today... To start, my bike is DONE... I was approaching a turn and noticed a load of brake fade... I had noticed it earlier but I figured it was my hand cramping that made it feel that way... regardless I was at about 100 mph to 120 and when I hit the brakes I felt like it was running long and then I felt a bike hit me from behind... then I saw sky, dirt, dirt, sky, and then more dirt and sky...When it was over, there was the rider that hit me laying in the grass and me running over to help him... I did not notice that my leg was bleeding badly... when I took my leathers off I noticed a 2 inch by 2 inch hole in my knee... you could see that it was down to the bone... Candie drove me to the hospital... Since the E.R was backed up we waited and then who do Candie and I see??? Bubby, Candies huspand... he too wrecked... he dislocated his finger, broke his toe and ripped open one of his toes too... So all in all a track day or some... but its good to know that many of you all were concerned for me and others... Im concerned for my bike but happens... Now I have to go to see a plastic surgeon on Monday but they believe I will not need a skin graft... I should heal in time with using a method called Wet/Dry dressing application... Thanks to all that helped me at the track... And thanks to Dr.Doug(Radar) for the onsite doctoring you provided... thanks Candie for taking me and hanging out with me through the cleaning that hurt like crud... Ask Candie, there was a period where they hit a nerve and my face went white...

I WILL get back out on the track soon... again thanks to all

So its true you got yourself hurt lil buddy oh well you heal up real quick I'm sure your buds dont like the fact that they have to write up all your tickets with out
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength-
NoFear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2008, 02:11 PM   #138
NoFear
Busa Chairman of Posing

Feedback Rating: (2)

Quote:
:/: sounds like that hurt a lil huh? what was the name of the suit that you were wearing I dunt want to get one of them I thought that were supposed to keep you safe and in 1 piece
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength-
NoFear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2008, 02:42 PM   #139
ange062

Experience: 7 years

Bike(s):
'07 ZX-6R race bike
'05 SV650 Street
CMRA Expert #826, #63 Team Supafly Mini-Endurance, #26 IDB Racing BB Endurance

Send a message via AIM to ange062
Quote:
Weird how it cycles like that huh? Yesterday was one of the worst days I have had yet from a pain perspective also. It probably has something to do with going back to work and putting all that extra stress on the wound and your body. I left after putting in a half day of work to go home and take a bunch of vicodin and pass out in my bed.
ange062 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2008, 05:20 PM   #140
gunshotwound
You have been warned!

Bike(s):
YAMAHA R6
YAMAHA FZ6

Member Garage

i wish you a full and speedy recovery. bless.

CMRA #106
gunshotwound is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisement