MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > Taking it to the Track
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 01-14-2008, 11:06 AM   #81
witchdoctor575
certified shutterbug

Feedback Rating: (11)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
07 triumph D675(sold)
05 busa LE (sold)
03 rc51 (sold)
99 superhawk (wrecked)
01 shadow 1100 (sold)

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by txgsxrbob View Post
+1 ................NOW GO BUY A GIXXER !! from NO FEAR & TXGSXRBOB !!

witchdoctor575 is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
popo question....leaving a child home alone Homebrew Off Topic 6 12-14-2011 10:56 AM
Finally back at home ducoop Off Topic 16 06-19-2010 04:46 PM
PoPo Officially has his bike BACK!!! PoPoRiderRR General Discussion (Moto Related) 21 10-03-2008 01:03 PM
Advertisement
Old 01-14-2008, 11:10 AM   #82
Candy
The Most Intolerable bish

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 6 years
Trackdays: 7

Bike(s):
'06 GSXR 1000
'02 GSXR 750

Member Garage

Send a message via Yahoo to Candy
Glad ur ok honey!!! LMK if u need anything!
Old 01-14-2008, 11:10 AM   #83
Candy

Bike(s):
'06 GSXR 1000
'02 GSXR 750

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by txgsxrbob View Post
+1 ................NOW GO BUY A GIXXER !! from NO FEAR & TXGSXRBOB !!
+1,000,000!!
Old 01-14-2008, 11:18 AM   #84
Jae
Kilted Basterd

Feedback Rating: (9)

Experience: 9 years

Bike(s):
Naked Sprint
Russian POS
Angry Max/Tub
Pile o' Hyosungs

Member Garage

, sorry to hear about this. GWS man
Jae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2008, 12:30 PM   #85
PB125

Trackdays: 2

Bike(s):
2008 Suzuki GSXR 750
2002 Suzuki SV650

, Ariel! Before I went out of town, I distinctly remember telling you to be careful and to keep both tires on the ground. But you had to be different. A rebel. Or you were just saying to yourself, "F-him! I'm doin' it my way!" JK!!! I'm glad you're OK and well enough to fight another day!... relatively speaking.
Heal up, Mister! Www.mrcycles.com will get your bike back in the game. 'Prices aren't too bad. If you need help with repairs let me know.
See you Thursday....Be there or....your...well you know!

Phil

Quote:
Originally Posted by bueller View Post
they say you drive like a mad man
PB125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2008, 12:39 PM   #86
solow
What type of gas is that?

Feedback Rating: (2)

Bike(s):
07' R6

Dang sorry to here about the crashes hope every one is okay. P.S. Candie let me know if you need any thing i live in Dickinson so just let me know .. Lucas
solow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2008, 12:45 PM   #87
R6Spartan
1000 Killer

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 7 years

Bike(s):
50th aniv R6 and

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoPoRiderRR View Post
Thanks to ALL of my friends on the board that were concerned about me today... To start, my bike is DONE... I was approaching a turn and noticed a load of brake fade... I had noticed it earlier but I figured it was my hand cramping that made it feel that way... regardless I was at about 100 mph to 120 and when I hit the brakes I felt like it was running long and then I felt a bike hit me from behind... then I saw sky, dirt, dirt, sky, and then more dirt and sky...When it was over, there was the rider that hit me laying in the grass and me running over to help him... I did not notice that my leg was bleeding badly... when I took my leathers off I noticed a 2 inch by 2 inch hole in my knee... you could see that it was down to the bone... Candie drove me to the hospital... Since the E.R was backed up we waited and then who do Candie and I see??? Bubby, Candies huspand... he too wrecked... he dislocated his finger, broke his toe and ripped open one of his toes too... So all in all a track day or some... but its good to know that many of you all were concerned for me and others... Im concerned for my bike but happens... Now I have to go to see a plastic surgeon on Monday but they believe I will not need a skin graft... I should heal in time with using a method called Wet/Dry dressing application... Thanks to all that helped me at the track... And thanks to Dr.Doug(Radar) for the onsite doctoring you provided... thanks Candie for taking me and hanging out with me through the cleaning that hurt like crud... Ask Candie, there was a period where they hit a nerve and my face went white...

I WILL get back out on the track soon... again thanks to all
DAYUM bro, i Hope your ok, If u need anything call me, and if u need a blood transfusion let me know also..lol.. il call u later on tonight after im done with work, Im in South carolina and im in lucnh right now
Old 01-14-2008, 12:47 PM   #88
Whorenet
Banned

Bike(s):
cbr600, cbrxx 1100 blackbird, kazuma 110 derty, springer forked 1/2 chopper...more to come

User is banned

Whorenet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2008, 05:51 PM   #89
PoPoRiderRR
NO MO BIKE guy!

Bike(s):
2007 CBR 1000 RR *** SOLD ***

PoPos Update: at the request of my primary Dr. I was sent over to a place called the " Wound Center "... The reason for the concern was that I could acquire an infection in my bone... I met the Dr. and staff at the Wound Center ( all who were VERY nice ) and they said all looked good except for some dead skin... They checked the deapness of the wound and then took cultures just to make sure infection was not setting in... then they packaged my wound with something that looked like a cloth but they stated that it was Silver and Seaweed... I have to do this for about a month or so and change it out every 3 days... they are showing me how on Wednesday... I begged for a letter to go back to work this Sunday and they agreed as long as I take it easy... Yeah OK... but I really will try... I hope to get my bike up and running agan and get back out and do it again.... (not the wrecking part but the riding part ) I am still going to be involved with MH and the things I set up such as Drag night and such... Hope to see many of you all soon...!!!
Old 01-14-2008, 05:56 PM   #90
embrke
living the good life!

Experience: 4-8 months

^^^ sorry to hear about that. my mom has to go to the wound center too,and get her wound packed with some kind of wrap soaked in iodine...anyway hope everything heals well
embrke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2008, 05:58 PM   #91
Candy

Bike(s):
'06 GSXR 1000
'02 GSXR 750

Member Garage

Quote:
PoPos Update: at the request of my primary Dr. I was sent over to a place called the " Wound Center "... The reason for the concern was that I could acquire an infection in my bone... I met the Dr. and staff at the Wound Center ( all who were VERY nice ) and they said all looked good except for some dead skin... They checked the deapness of the wound and then took cultures just to make sure infection was not setting in... then they packaged my wound with something that looked like a cloth but they stated that it was Silver and Seaweed... I have to do this for about a month or so and change it out every 3 days... they are showing me how on Wednesday... I begged for a letter to go back to work this Sunday and they agreed as long as I take it easy... Yeah OK... but I really will try... I hope to get my bike up and running agan and get back out and do it again.... (not the wrecking part but the riding part ) I am still going to be involved with MH and the things I set up such as Drag night and such... Hope to see many of you all soon...!!!
Glad 2 hear...and YIPPPPYYYY
Old 01-14-2008, 06:00 PM   #92
CarbonJames
LSTD/TTBC Instructor

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 1-3 months
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
13 250sx
13 350sxf
12 150sx
07 CRF 230
04 CRF 50/70

Member Garage

Quote:
popo, please take care of that wound real good, my daughter had a real bad one this year, they kept the silver stuff on her leg for 3 months, that stuff is oowwy goowwy sticky but it works like a .. she did end up getting staph infection at one time but the docs were able to knock it out..
CarbonJames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2008, 06:27 PM   #93
PoPoRiderRR
NO MO BIKE guy!

Bike(s):

Again thanks to all... I hope my skin will regenerate soon.. I just wish my bike could regenerate as well...
Old 01-14-2008, 06:28 PM   #94
Faylaricia
The Comtesse

Experience: 4 years
Trackdays: 3

Bike(s):
'02 Honda VFR800

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarbonR1 View Post
popo, please take care of that wound real good
+ 1

I had an 'Unna' boot that they kept putting on because of the swelling. I had to go in every 3 days for several weeks. The good thing is that they do Hydrotherapy at the wound care centers and that is what really speeds up the healing. If you do it at home, make sure to take a showerhead and pulsate water on it for about 10 min every time you take off the wraps. It helps with circulation in the area and speeds cell growth.
Old 01-14-2008, 07:25 PM   #95
PoPoRiderRR
NO MO BIKE guy!

Bike(s):

Me!!! JK

Gear
Old 01-14-2008, 08:24 PM   #96
Gabe

Feedback Rating: (9)

Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
z50, ZX6R, Bianchi

Try www.D2cycles.com they have some very good deals on stuff. And get well soon.
-Gabe
Gabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2008, 08:51 PM   #97
bubby
Candie's Pit Crew!

Feedback Rating: (5)

Bike(s):
'07 600RR, '09 Kawi 250

Good luck with your skin and bike regeneration!
Old 01-14-2008, 09:28 PM   #98
JSC_SLP
Rider

Feedback Rating: (3)

Experience: 5 years

Bike(s):
'05 Repsol
'04 GSXR 600 (track)
'05 SV1000S (sold)

Feel better soon POPO I loved your bike when we rode out to Fayetteville.
Old 01-14-2008, 09:46 PM   #99
Duck84
bikeless....at the moment

Bike(s):
03 600rr--> sold

hey popo how u doing mang?
when i went down the doc told me the third day is the worst...so hope ur doing better
Duck84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2008, 10:23 PM   #100
PoPoRiderRR
NO MO BIKE guy!

Bike(s):

Doing well... I just got up and took some hyrocodone bc I could feel my heart beat on my leg... so I thought Id get on and see what I was missing on MH... I think I will recover fast and just hope my leg and wound think the same thing... thanks

Advertisement