MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > Taking it to the Track
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 01-13-2008, 12:09 PM   #21
Candie

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 9 years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2013 Ninja 300
07 CBR 600RR (sold)
09 Ninja 250 (sold)
04 CBR 600RR (sold)
04 GSXR 600 (sold)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigComfy View Post
With such a variety of skill levels out there accidents are bound to happen. Not bashing on anyone or any org just an observation.

Personally, I think Buck's regular days shouldn't be open people with less than 10 or so TD's or at least running in the front of B group at LSTD.
I can't speak for anyone but myself, but I disagree with that! I did 16 trackdays last year and at least 7 of those were with Buck on regular days! And I never had one problem! I got usd to faster guys buzzing me, but I held my line and rode my own ride! Buck and staff make allowances for the slower, newer riders, by having one of the staff lead them around the track! It is all about seat time! If noobs had to wait for NOOB only days then they would not get much seat time! That is just my 2 cents!
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Any track riders need help at MSRH? gueroaero Taking it to the Track 5 01-23-2012 07:58 PM
Riders down - Forest Gnome ride - update needed IndySTu2 General Discussion (Moto Related) 16 08-22-2011 08:43 AM
MSRH track update Buck Beasley Taking it to the Track 13 08-31-2007 05:16 PM
Ladies Day at MSRH update Buck Beasley Events, Meets and Rides 58 05-18-2007 09:38 AM
Advertisement
Old 01-13-2008, 12:19 PM   #22
Pre-K

Feedback Rating: (11)

Experience: 1-3 months

Bike(s):
2012 CBR1000RR
2014 Specialized

I'd have to agree with separating riders based on skill...

Like if grandma went out for a Sunday drive on the autobahn (sp?)... someones gonna get hurt.
Pre-K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2008, 12:23 PM   #23
speedjunkie
Insomniac

Experience: 2 years
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
09 r1
2011 stryker

I will say this

The Only thing that Eats Me is the $ issue. If Asked to get off the track I think we should have a choice, come back another day Or Get a Partial refund. im only saying this because i was asked to not go Back Out, I understood why, but when it come to issues with money being il'Spent I get nasty. Thats Why I Chose to Get a membership, I have never been one Like being told when or where to do something Specialy If im Paying for it. I Have been racing for Well over 16 Years and I Know the dangers of the Track . Bikes are different in the fact that you have more room to move out there but its all the same from there. for those of you who cant afford a membership LSTD is one of the best events you can do.

just my 2 cents
Old 01-13-2008, 12:36 PM   #24
Buck Beasley
Older,Wiser,Faster

Feedback Rating: (2)

Experience: 10+ years

'05 Suzuki SV 650,

'04 Vespa 150

Member Garage

Send a message via Yahoo to Buck Beasley
Quote:
With such a variety of skill levels out there accidents are bound to happen. Not bashing on anyone or any org just an observation.

Personally, I think Buck's regular days shouldn't be open people with less than 10 or so TD's or at least running in the front of B group at LSTD.
I agree with you B/C......that is why we tell you in advance what kind of day it is going to be. Noob is obvious enough, and our regular days are for folks with a few under the belt. "Pre CCS/Race Pace Day" should mean something to people when they read it. Some are not real honest in assessing thier own riding skills. As speedjunkie mentioned, we asked a couple to get off the track and come back on a more approproiate day for thier skill level. This is done for the enjoyment of that rider and the safety of the faster guys on the track. The recommended lap time for a race pace day is under 1:52., the regular days are under 2:00.000. We expect more crashes on a race prep day as the speeds are faster, riders are more closely matched which means closer quarters and guys puching it as they tune the bike for the track. Most of the crashes yesterday were the racers for sure.
Unfortunately with only one group we have to rely on the rider's judgement and honesty. You find the same thing in any organized practice/trackday though. There are always those who are either "above a C group" or in the race orgs, experts who should not(based on times) be experts. Our events are normally pretty crash free, with races happening in Houston this year we will have to be ready for this increase as the racers come to town to try and figure out how to be fast there. There are four events scheduled here this year and each event prior will be dedicated to the race pace. We will only offer three Noob days this year, and the remainder are our regular events.
We are further working on trying to set something up for racers only on race week Fridays. Stay tuned.........
CMRA expert #413
Get off the keyboard and on your bike for a change...
Buck Beasley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2008, 12:36 PM   #25
rc51eviltwin

man,i wish i had the money or the track "across the street" to buy a membership to.i cant hardly understand why someone would be held from getting back on the track short of wrecking....this just me thinking out loud here,but is there a chance some of the other riders complained about your riding abilities.if this was the case maybe they should have tried to help not run you out of the track.
rc51eviltwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2008, 12:41 PM   #26
rc51eviltwin

ok,now it all makes sence."race pace says it all"
sorry Buck for the misunderstanding.

rc51eviltwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2008, 12:48 PM   #27
Buck Beasley
Older,Wiser,Faster

'05 Suzuki SV 650,

'04 Vespa 150

Member Garage

Send a message via Yahoo to Buck Beasley
Quote:
Originally Posted by speedjunkie View Post
The Only thing that Eats Me is the $ issue. If Asked to get off the track I think we should have a choice, come back another day Or Get a Partial refund. im only saying this because i was asked to not go Back Out, I understood why, but when it come to issues with money being il'Spent I get nasty. Thats Why I Chose to Get a membership, I have never been one Like being told when or where to do something Specialy If im Paying for it. I Have been racing for Well over 16 Years and I Know the dangers of the Track . Bikes are different in the fact that you have more room to move out there but its all the same from there. for those of you who cant afford a membership LSTD is one of the best events you can do.

just my 2 cents
I guess Alanzo didn"t relay the message completly..........we offed you a return on 3/8 for the other half of your day on us. So you do get your full day for the price you paid, plus some instruction to help you along.

To answer Eviltwin......when speed differential is dramatically different, closing speeds become a danger. When inexperienced riders are involved, holding a consistent line is also an issue. Both combined are a hazard on a race track, thus most orgs run at least three levels.
CMRA expert #413
Get off the keyboard and on your bike for a change...
Buck Beasley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2008, 12:50 PM   #28
BigComfy

Feedback Rating: (3)

Bike(s):
SV1k (sold)
CRB6 Track Bike (sold)
Daytona 1200 (parted)
1st Gen FZ1 (sold)
1st Gen SV650 (sold)

Member Garage

and for the record so no one thinks I'm attacking anyone or any org. The TSBA day that Buck held at the end of last year's season was probably one of the best TD events I ever attended.
Old 01-13-2008, 01:04 PM   #29
dudewhrsmybike

Experience: 8 years

Bike(s):
2011 Kawasaki ZX-10R ABS

Member Garage

Send a message via AIM to dudewhrsmybike
Quote:
and for the record so no one thinks I'm attacking anyone or any org. The TSBA day that Buck held at the end of last year's season was probably one of the best TD events I ever attended.
Yea that was my first and only TD so far that I attended and I enjoyed it to the fullest

It's GREEN, it's FAST, and it says Ninja on it
dudewhrsmybike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2008, 01:22 PM   #30
kingralphthe3rd
larry's fan club manager

Bike(s):
07 GSXR 1K (SOLD!!) 08 GSXR 750 & 07 DIZZER 400, 09 GSXR 600

Member Garage

Quote:

i disagree completely. some people progress much faster than others, granted ive only done 3 track days and im not fast by any means but i feel confident in holding a line and have improved drastically since my first TD.
kingralphthe3rd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2008, 01:37 PM   #31
Dr. Gonzo
BHCA...let's ride!!!

Feedback Rating: (4)

Quote:

just my 2 cents

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buck Beasley View Post
I guess Alanzo didn"t relay the message completly..........we offed you a return on 3/8 for the other half of your day on us. So you do get your full day for the price you paid, plus some instruction to help you along.
My sincerest apologise...I thought I was clear when I asked you to return on the 8th, that you would benefit more on a noob day as opposed to a fast/race pace date. When I spoke with your cousin he explained to me that you had 15+ years of racing experience in a automobile, I automatically assumed you would be able to maintain a line(my bad), after speaking with a few instructors and watching you in general I could tell you were not very comfortable.

I 'm sorry if you feel your money was ill spent, but I do remember stating that I would love to have you back on the 8th with credit...obviously I was not clear enough.
Old 01-13-2008, 03:43 PM   #32
slo_rdr

Feedback Rating: (0)

Bike(s):
'05 GSXR 750-Totaled
'01 KX60-mini-tard

Buck, I think that's really great of you guys to give some track time credit back for the 3/8 day
Old 01-13-2008, 03:56 PM   #33
dudewhrsmybike

Bike(s):
2011 Kawasaki ZX-10R ABS

Member Garage

Send a message via AIM to dudewhrsmybike
Quote:
Originally Posted by slo_rdr View Post
Buck, I think that's really great of you guys to give some track time credit back for the 3/8 day
WERD. I like the way LMS does things. If only they didnt have to share the track with the cars so sessions could be divided by groups :/:

It's GREEN, it's FAST, and it says Ninja on it
dudewhrsmybike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2008, 06:21 PM   #34
speedjunkie
Insomniac

Bike(s):
09 r1
2011 stryker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buck Beasley View Post

To answer Eviltwin......when speed differential is dramatically different, closing speeds become a danger. When inexperienced riders are involved, holding a consistent line is also an issue. Both combined are a hazard on a race track, thus most orgs run at least three levels.

He did. I Was Cool with it. But ill be riding there more frequently since im becoming a member, Not just on Lstd.
Old 01-13-2008, 06:26 PM   #35
speedjunkie
Insomniac

Bike(s):
09 r1
2011 stryker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Gonzo View Post
My sincerest apologise...I thought I was clear when I asked you to return on the 8th, that you would benefit more on a noob day as opposed to a fast/race pace date. When I spoke with your cousin he explained to me that you had 15+ years of racing experience in a automobile, I automatically assumed you would be able to maintain a line(my bad), after speaking with a few instructors and watching you in general I could tell you were not very comfortable.

I 'm sorry if you feel your money was ill spent, but I do remember stating that I would love to have you back on the 8th with credit...obviously I was not clear enough.

No Its cool, You were Very Clear. I meant For others not just For me that It should be at least a choice to come back or get a refund. Lets say someone does not feel they like the track and they loose a few bills. It does not affect me as much as it would lets say popo who lives on a fixed salary!! Etc....

Thats what my point was, As far as im concerned I loved it and I will come back 3/8/08 or earlier.
Old 01-13-2008, 07:09 PM   #36
0oAndyo0
Trying togo fast again!

Experience: 4-8 months
Trackdays: 7

Bike(s):
2009 R6 Race bike forsale!
2006 GSXR Race bike SOLD!!!
2007 GSXR 750 SOLD!!!
2001 GSXR 600 SOLD!!!
2007 R1 SOLD!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RRChic View Post
I can't speak for anyone but myself, but I disagree with that! I did 16 trackdays last year and at least 7 of those were with Buck on regular days! And I never had one problem! I got usd to faster guys buzzing me, but I held my line and rode my own ride! Buck and staff make allowances for the slower, newer riders, by having one of the staff lead them around the track! It is all about seat time! If noobs had to wait for NOOB only days then they would not get much seat time! That is just my 2 cents!

And you do very well @ what you do. Plus you are getting faster and faster everytime I see you and Bubba
Old 01-13-2008, 07:43 PM   #37
Scorpio
Twist the Grip, Let'r Rip

Feedback Rating: (6)

450x sumo (sold)
RC51 (sold)
Honda Grom 125(sold)

Member Garage

Send a message via AIM to Scorpio
I've been saying this since my first LMS private day.
The regular days are not the time to pop your track cherry.
Either wait for a noob day or do 3-4 track days with any of the other orgs in beginner/intermediate level.
Your putting yourself and others at risk.
That being said, LMS events are IMO the best bang for the buck and I've enjoyed every track day I've done with them.

-Tom
Scorpio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2008, 08:10 PM   #38
Candie

Experience: 9 years

Bike(s):
2013 Ninja 300
07 CBR 600RR (sold)
09 Ninja 250 (sold)
04 CBR 600RR (sold)
04 GSXR 600 (sold)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0oAndyo0 View Post
And you do very well @ what you do. Plus you are getting faster and faster everytime I see you and Bubba
Thanks Andy! You have always been my #1 fan! Encouraging me and pushing me to do my best! I can't wait to get out there with ya on the new Honda!! Yea baby!
Old 01-14-2008, 09:16 AM   #39
Riddler
LONGHORNMOTORCYCLESCHOOL

Bike(s):
YOUR MOM
YOUR SISTER

Quote:
for those of you who cant afford a membership LSTD is one of the best events you can do.

just my 2 cents
Quote:
He did. I Was Cool with it. But ill be riding there more frequently since im becoming a member, Not just on Lstd.
Quote:
No Its cool, You were Very Clear. I meant For others not just For me that It should be at least a choice to come back or get a refund. Lets say someone does not feel they like the track and they loose a few bills. It does not affect me as much as it would lets say popo who lives on a fixed salary!! Etc....

Thats what my point was, As far as im concerned I loved it and I will come back 3/8/08 or earlier.

Just to clear some things.........You were at LMS not LSTD ,two totally different trackday orgs.

And fixed income or not...track riding is not for everyone..there are zero guarantees(sp) that anyone will like it but you don't know until you try.
Riddler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2008, 10:15 AM   #40
gixxerbill

Bike(s):
K5 GSXR 1000
2008 Goldwing 1832 cc
Bourget Low Blow Chopper

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingralphthe3rd View Post
i disagree completely. some people progress much faster than others, granted ive only done 3 track days and im not fast by any means but i feel confident in holding a line and have improved drastically since my first TD.

I agree. The number of trackdays shouldn't make a big difference. It should be done on times as Buck said. Some people learn faster than others.