MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > Off Topic (everything else) > Off Topic
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 01-12-2008, 09:25 PM   #21
pester
Black olives matter

Feedback Rating: (12)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
2007 yamaha fz6
1998 yamaha wr 400 motard

Member Garage

i like the idea if,,, they do it for a good pourpose. stopping ppl for making fake i d cards and to illegals to get driver liscenses

what the goverment really need to do is to redo the whole thing in order to make sure whoever have that id or dl is legal and is authentic

not only to border a plane, is to make sure you are who you say you are

so if any of us do anything wrong is US who will pay for it

no more identity theft, thats what i mean,

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1sickGixxer View Post
nevermind ima bumbass and ill get my wife 2 do it 2nite.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyt915 View Post
I know enough Spanish to stick you with a knife cabron
pester is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Snake ID Grinchy Off Topic 18 10-26-2011 11:54 AM
HELP! id this spider! Gryphin Off Topic 30 04-08-2008 09:44 PM
best fake id EVER !!!!! mekrew Off Topic 31 01-25-2008 09:59 PM
Advertisement
Old 01-12-2008, 09:41 PM   #22
isoplus
should be working

Feedback Rating: (0)

Bike(s):
Honda Shadow VT750C2, Hyosung GV650

^^
That would be another concern of mine.
Too much info on a single card means more prone to ID theft...
isoplus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2008, 09:42 PM   #23
ArturoC
51% Geek, 49% SuperHero

Bike(s):
'99 GSXR600
'04 NSR 50
'09 Yamaha WR250X
'07 Triumph 675

Member Garage

Send a message via ICQ to ArturoC Send a message via AIM to ArturoC Send a message via Yahoo to ArturoC Send a message via Skype™ to ArturoC
I don't think it's going to stop identity theft. It's just going to increase the seriousness of it exponentially.

Credit was nothing. So now getting your ID stolen can and will get you labeled as potential terrorist or something.

Combine that with the suspension of Habeas Corpus and there will be some people 'disappearing' for a long time.

I'm just sayin'
CMRA [Prov Nov]ice #404
Sponsors: D&D - GoPro - Amsoil
ArturoC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2008, 09:55 PM   #24
Azylum
The Chosen One

Feedback Rating: (23)

Experience: 8 years
Trackdays: 2

good.
Old 01-14-2008, 11:29 AM   #25
Moody
Holy Smokes!

Feedback Rating: (4)

Bike(s):

If you have a Texas ID, you already have a federal ID.

Open your eyes and reclaim the freedom you were born with. - Moody
Moody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2008, 12:02 PM   #26
Gryphin
09 r1!

Feedback Rating: (9)

Experience: 4 years

Bike(s):
09 Yamaha R1
06 Ninja ZX-6R (RIP)

Member Garage

Send a message via AIM to Gryphin
^^ this is different from state issued drivers ID or reg. id's
Old 01-14-2008, 02:25 PM   #27
gixxerbill

Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
K5 GSXR 1000
2008 Goldwing 1832 cc
Bourget Low Blow Chopper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilmckee View Post
They can suck my non-federal ID caring ****

Next will have to have our ****ing fingerprint scanned when we walk through security.
Eventually everyone will have a mark on either their right hand or their forehead.
Old 01-14-2008, 03:04 PM   #28
Moody
Holy Smokes!

Bike(s):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gryphin View Post
^^ this is different from state issued drivers ID or reg. id's
Wrong, it is a federal regulation that your TX ID already fulfills. Some state IDs do not meet the requirements for the federal regulations but, Texas does. Maybe you did not watch the movie you posted or did any research on it?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/REAL_ID_Act

Old 01-14-2008, 03:07 PM   #29
Jay
Deleted

Experience: 5 years

remember what ''Red'' from the 70's show said.........if the usa decides to shove a tracking devise up your ..........you follow orders and say thank you..........
Old 01-14-2008, 03:08 PM   #30
Moody
Holy Smokes!

Bike(s):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay View Post
remember what ''Red'' from the 70's show said.........if the usa decides to shove a tracking devise up your ..........you follow orders and say thank you..........
Or you move.

Old 01-14-2008, 03:10 PM   #31
Jay
Deleted

Experience: 5 years

lol
Old 01-14-2008, 03:30 PM   #32
Gryphin
09 r1!

Bike(s):
09 Yamaha R1
06 Ninja ZX-6R (RIP)

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moody View Post
Wrong, it is a federal regulation that your TX ID already fulfills. Some state IDs do not meet the requirements for the federal regulations but, Texas does. Maybe you did not watch the movie you posted or did any research on it?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/REAL_ID_Act
In the United States, driver's licenses are issued by the states, not by the federal government. States also issue voluntary identification cards for non-drivers, and set the rules for what data is on the card and what documents must be provided to obtain one. States also maintain databases of licensed drivers and ID cardholders.

After 2011, "a Federal agency may not accept, for any official purpose, a driver's license or identification card issued by a state to any person unless the state is meeting the requirements" specified in the REAL ID Act. States remain free to also issue non-complying licenses and IDs, so long as these have a unique design and a clear statement that they cannot be accepted for any Federal identification purpose. The federal Transportation Security Administration is responsible for security check-in at airports, so bearers of non-compliant documents would no longer be able to travel on common carrier aircraft without additional screening[9].

Employers would no longer be able to accept, or ultimately hire, bearers of non-compliant documents for employment[citation needed].

from the link you provided i read and didnt see where it say which state ID meet the minimum and i see texas id's all day long and i have yet to see one that meets this:

Data requirements
Each card must include, at a minimum, the person's full legal name, signature, date of birth, , driver's license or identification card number. It also includes a photograph of the person's face and the address of principal residence. It is required to have physical security features designed to prevent tampering, counterfeiting, or duplication of the document for fraudulent purposes. These new security features include a hologram of a map of the entire North American Continent.

the main thing they are trying to do here is make the states up their id's so that they cant be faked, and that the ID has to undergo some serious background information to prove the information on the card, and this is to keep everyone safe.

texas meets 90% of the stuff they list but that last one they are missing. texas id's only have the bare min. when it comes to security. i cant go into detail but washington is one of the states that their id's meet the req. right now. texas is still lacking a few of the things needed.
Old 01-14-2008, 03:36 PM   #33
witchdoctor575
certified shutterbug

Feedback Rating: (11)

Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
07 triumph D675(sold)
05 busa LE (sold)
03 rc51 (sold)
99 superhawk (wrecked)
01 shadow 1100 (sold)

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gryphin View Post
In the United States, driver's licenses are issued by the states, not by the federal government. States also issue voluntary identification cards for non-drivers, and set the rules for what data is on the card and what documents must be provided to obtain one. States also maintain databases of licensed drivers and ID cardholders.

After 2011, "a Federal agency may not accept, for any official purpose, a driver's license or identification card issued by a state to any person unless the state is meeting the requirements" specified in the REAL ID Act. States remain free to also issue non-complying licenses and IDs, so long as these have a unique design and a clear statement that they cannot be accepted for any Federal identification purpose. The federal Transportation Security Administration is responsible for security check-in at airports, so bearers of non-compliant documents would no longer be able to travel on common carrier aircraft without additional screening[9].

Employers would no longer be able to accept, or ultimately hire, bearers of non-compliant documents for employment[citation needed].

from the link you provided i read and didnt see where it say which state ID meet the minimum and i see texas id's all day long and i have yet to see one that meets this:

Data requirements
Each card must include, at a minimum, the person's full legal name, signature, date of birth, , driver's license or identification card number. It also includes a photograph of the person's face and the address of principal residence. It is required to have physical security features designed to prevent tampering, counterfeiting, or duplication of the document for fraudulent purposes. These new security features include a hologram of a map of the entire North American Continent.

the main thing they are trying to do here is make the states up their id's so that they cant be faked, and that the ID has to undergo some serious background information to prove the information on the card, and this is to keep everyone safe.

texas meets 90% of the stuff they list but that last one they are missing. texas id's only have the bare min. when it comes to security. i cant go into detail but washington is one of the states that their id's meet the req. right now. texas is still lacking a few of the things needed.

right.... meaning the sate must change their system to meet the govt requirements before the govt will accept them as proper ID. the state still remains the executer of the driver license system.
witchdoctor575 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2008, 03:48 PM   #34
Gryphin
09 r1!

Bike(s):
09 Yamaha R1
06 Ninja ZX-6R (RIP)

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by witchdoctor575 View Post
right.... meaning the sate must change their system to meet the govt requirements before the govt will accept them as proper ID. the state still remains the executer of the driver license system.
yes i said that at the start that you would have to go to the DMV to get the "new" id. although it does say in that link he posted that the states can either upgrade their current id's or make a totally new ID just to serve that purpose. it doesnt have to be put into their driver license's , but my reply was to his statement that texas id's meet the req. and they currently dont.
Old 01-14-2008, 03:49 PM   #35
Gryphin
09 r1!

Bike(s):
09 Yamaha R1
06 Ninja ZX-6R (RIP)

Member Garage

this is the part thats going to suck for me

The federal Transportation Security Administration is responsible for security check-in at airports, so bearers of non-compliant documents would no longer be able to travel on common carrier aircraft without additional screening
Old 01-14-2008, 03:52 PM   #36
Gryphin
09 r1!

Bike(s):
09 Yamaha R1
06 Ninja ZX-6R (RIP)

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by witchdoctor575 View Post
and on another note the fact that the state is issuing these id's is under fire as we speak by DHS

There is disagreement about whether the Real ID Act institutes a "national identification card" system.[12] The new law only sets forth national standards, but leaves the issuance of cards and the maintenance of databases in state hands; therefore, the Department of Homeland Security claims it is not a true "national ID" system.

and im guessing DHS wants to take over the above to make it a true system
Old 01-14-2008, 07:53 PM   #37
logan5

Feedback Rating: (5)

Bike(s):
2001 SV 650 (my track ), 2005 SV 650s

Passport is probably the best and most convienient document to carry with you when traveling. My 5 year old has a passport herself.

The ACLU is all over this like fly on ... but I remember way back when the Clintons tried to push through a national ID as part of their universal healthcare plan ... no one but the conservatives seemed to mind it. Now the conservatives are pushing foward a national ID and the liberals have their panties in a wad ... politics as usual with the citizens stuck in the middle.
Old 01-15-2008, 11:27 AM   #38
Moody
Holy Smokes!

Bike(s):

I am actively searching for a new place to live. Any suggestions are appreciated.

Old 01-15-2008, 03:19 PM   #39
Dub

Hmmmmmmmmmmm, now where have I heard "Your papers please???" before? Just another step to register everyone and loss of another civil liberty.
Old 01-15-2008, 03:26 PM   #40
issanni
assfault

Feedback Rating: (3)

Send a message via MSN to issanni Send a message via Yahoo to issanni
Passport FTW

Advertisement