MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 01-12-2008, 09:14 PM   #41
Htownz

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOUSTONDUC View Post
sounds like a two person job one checking where you are at and another to do the work. Some people think I am paranoid but, I always check to see if someone is following me to see where I live (if the can keep up ) and when I go eat somewhere or to chill I park my bike within viewing distance and look around at people and see how they are acting towards me ex: keeping an eye on what I do or where I go. It sux to to hear that you had that happen to you , but I would doubt if those a holes followed you there and were watching you. just FYI always look around at scope out the sceen where you park the bike because thives sure are. Try asking some sponsors here and see what they can help you with I don't know if Elliot's (ninja nana) can get your faring put it wouldn't hurt to drop them a call and I know House of Pain will paint it for you
Thanks for the advice. I'm parking 5 feet away from any entrance I can from now on. I'm thinking it was a two man job cause it seemed like I was profiled. I can only think of washing my hands, or ordering being the two instances where they could of moved on it. But it seems like senseless vandalism since you really can't salvage too much from a busted fairing I'm assuming. In any event, the world is full these sons of B1tches and it sure as was an eye-opener for me.
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Go Pro + Good Songs= Good videos!! Rykoson General Discussion (Moto Related) 1 06-04-2012 10:31 AM
good external drive, good deal?, other reccomendations? Dont really need compact urbanXJ Off Topic 9 04-27-2010 11:33 AM
Any good Kawasaki dealers with good mechanics? crzy88 General Discussion (Moto Related) 0 05-09-2009 02:07 PM
In need of a good bodyshop with good prices. Croe General Discussion (Moto Related) 11 10-06-2008 07:34 AM
Good Fences DO make good neighbors! Squoddybody Off Topic 18 08-09-2008 12:20 AM
Advertisement
Old 01-12-2008, 09:17 PM   #42
smth400

Feedback Rating: (0)

Bike(s):
07 GSX-R1000

hey guys,
everyone might want to keep an eye out around this side of town anyways. there has been a lot of graffiti and other vandalism going on off el dorado. but that really does suck. sorry it happened.
smth400 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2008, 09:18 PM   #43
Lucifer
The Last Enigma

Experience: 8 years

Bike(s):
Ducati 1098
Honda CRF 50

Member Garage

Yeah they probably just took it to mount it on their wall like they do street signs.
Old 01-12-2008, 09:19 PM   #44
Htownz

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by smth400 View Post
hey guys,
everyone might want to keep an eye out around this side of town anyways. there has been a lot of graffiti and other vandalism going on off el dorado. but that really does suck. sorry it happened.
El Dorado's full of Characters. The Firestone and two separate Apt. complexes (multiple units) burned down within like 6 or 7 months. It's just irritating cause they did some serious damage with me being like 30 feet away.
Old 01-12-2008, 09:22 PM   #45
Mr. Unassailable
1-20-2013-Change we need

Feedback Rating: (6)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by level5 View Post
maybe it fell off and you didn't notice it?
+1

if they were already loose, i bet it came off. its happened before and the riders never know.

if someone did steal it, .. .

now... where were you coming from? i'll cruise the route. finders keepers
Old 01-12-2008, 09:24 PM   #46
Mr. Unassailable
1-20-2013-Change we need

Member Garage

on a side note. i have a fairing that matches the bike in your avatar, if that's yours. it has some light damage, but i could part with it. pm me if you are interested
Old 01-12-2008, 09:25 PM   #47
dudewhrsmybike

Feedback Rating: (3)

Experience: 8 years

Bike(s):
2011 Kawasaki ZX-10R ABS

Member Garage

Send a message via AIM to dudewhrsmybike
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Unassailable View Post
on a side note. i have a fairing that matches the bike in your avatar, if that's yours. it has some light damage, but i could part with it. pm me if you are interested
Clayton to the rescue

It's GREEN, it's FAST, and it says Ninja on it
dudewhrsmybike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2008, 09:28 PM   #48
Htownz

Member Garage

Quote:
+1

if they were already loose, i bet it came off. its happened before and the riders never know.

if someone did steal it, .. .

now... where were you coming from? i'll cruise the route. finders keepers
I dont think it came off. It really seems like the panel was ripped off. The main attach point was still secure. But like you said you never know.
Old 01-12-2008, 09:31 PM   #49
Htownz

Member Garage

Oh and I was coming down Beltway-8 onto 45 to El Dorado. I looked pretty closely.
Old 01-12-2008, 09:33 PM   #50
Htownz

Member Garage

Quote:
PM headed your way man.
Old 01-12-2008, 10:29 PM   #51
Mr. Unassailable
1-20-2013-Change we need

Member Garage

. i just read the whole thread. that 's pretty harsh fellas. i understand i know how to work on bikes, and i can take my f4i from running bike to frame in hand in about an hour and soem change... but to think i would steal , thats ****ed up.

Old 01-12-2008, 11:29 PM   #52
FJRmgm

Bike(s):
Yamaha FJR 1300
Honda CBR 954RR
Yamaha WR250R

thievin' bastages... We need to start cutting off hands again.
FJRmgm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2008, 04:24 PM   #53
Buck Nasty
-playboy-

Bike(s):

Quote:
. i just read the whole thread. that 's pretty harsh fellas. i understand i know how to work on bikes, and i can take my f4i from running bike to frame in hand in about an hour and soem change... but to think i would steal , thats ****ed up.

we're just kidding man, its just fun to pick on you since your always right about everything.
Buck Nasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2008, 05:02 PM   #54
Whorenet
Banned

Bike(s):
cbr600, cbrxx 1100 blackbird, kazuma 110 derty, springer forked 1/2 chopper...more to come

User is banned

Whorenet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2008, 06:05 PM   #55
90 5.0
frequent crasher

Bike(s):
98 gsxr 600

Probly ripped it off to hang on the wall like mentioned above, if it was a team looking to steal a specific piece they should have had the tools with them. I know some asshats that used to go looking for replacement parts in parking lots...

One of the jackasses stole a rear bumper off of a chevy pickup in a neighborhood.
90 5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2008, 06:08 PM   #56
Htownz

Member Garage

Man after this, I really don't care what ANYONE thinks I'm parking next to the door. Still can't beleive how fast these maggots were.
Old 01-14-2008, 06:30 PM   #57
mojo
Platinum Member

Bike(s):
2006 R6

It probably ripped off while you were riding. I have lost a fairing before and did not notice it until after I went to get on my bike again.

I was actually able to recover my part laying on the ground.
mojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2008, 06:57 PM   #58
Drewston

Feedback Rating: (8)

if you havent got one already i think i have one for ya possibly a mint one
Old 01-14-2008, 06:58 PM   #59
Htownz

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by f4idude View Post
if you havent got one already i think i have one for ya possibly a mint one
If you have one with the colors and its mint I'm definitely interested. PM me and maybe we can work something out.
Old 01-14-2008, 07:01 PM   #60
Htownz

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by mojo View Post
It probably ripped off while you were riding. I have lost a fairing before and did not notice it until after I went to get on my bike again.

I was actually able to recover my part laying on the ground.
I highly doubt it man. The front nose cone was definitely kicked/messed with. The main attach point on the side panel was fully intact. There were scrapes around my seat like they tried prying it off to get to my battery. I still looked over my route shortly after. I have, however, been hearing a lot more people say it's happened to riders where it falls off.

Advertisement