MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 01-12-2008, 11:18 AM   #21
OMEGA
good eenin *****es

Feedback Rating: (4)

Experience: 6 years

Bike(s):
2001 sv650(totalled) 01 yzfr6 now 2003sv1000

Member Garage

i thought the electroglydes and goldwing were like caddlilacs, and rode like a lazyboy on the freeway, was it just the one you were riding?
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Who Rode In Today? Bevo General Discussion (Moto Related) 179 02-19-2010 09:51 AM
Anyone ever rode one of these.... GsxrRcr369 General Discussion (Moto Related) 7 12-07-2008 01:37 PM
rode an SV1000S jkcole900rr General Discussion (Moto Related) 24 11-30-2006 12:50 AM
Who Rode gix1k Off Topic 7 11-21-2006 08:41 PM
Who rode in today and.... ScooterTrash General Discussion (Moto Related) 53 11-16-2006 01:10 AM
Advertisement
Old 01-12-2008, 11:29 AM   #22
didimao0072000

Feedback Rating: (0)

Bike(s):
50cc metropolitan

i rode my brother's harley soft tail for a little bit. with the crazy constant vibration, throttle lag and terrible brakes, i thought it was one of the worse experiences i ever had. he loves it though so to each his own...
didimao0072000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2008, 11:38 AM   #23
FJRmgm

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
Yamaha FJR 1300
Honda CBR 954RR
Yamaha WR250R

c'mon - admit it - for one brief shining moment while you were riding that HD you thought that everyone looked at you as "One Bad Harley Rider " instead of "Joe Average SV girly-bike rider " - right?
FJRmgm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2008, 12:33 PM   #24
JSki

Bike(s):
06 SV650

Quote:
Originally Posted by FJRmgm View Post
c'mon - admit it - for one brief shining moment while you were riding that HD you thought that everyone looked at you as "One Bad Harley Rider " instead of "Joe Average SV girly-bike rider " - right?
Either that or they thought I stole it, just like that post about the 20 y/o on the goldwing the other day.

Oh, and with my two brothers exhaust on my SV, the people who hear me coming before they see me probably think I'm riding a fat boy anyway
Old 01-12-2008, 12:41 PM   #25
exlaverda

That must have been one really f'ed up E-glide... I'm not a big fan of the "rolling couches", but the two I've ridden were really nice. I will grant HD one thing, the dizzying array of seats, handlebar's and other options does make them about the easiest to customize for an individual rider. (should one actually choose to ride one, instead of parking it in the garage...)
HD is known for making simple, slow and yes, reliable scoots. They're about as complicated as a 5hp lawnmower motor, and about as easy to work on. I rode cross-country on my '99 HD and can't wait to do it again.
'76 Laverda3CL....
PGR rider, and proud of it!
exlaverda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2008, 01:45 PM   #26
t.dubya
Senor Member

Feedback Rating: (2)

Bike(s):
k7 gsxr 600 (now dead)

rented a 06 heritage softail, rode it for 1200 miles throughout arizona.

decent bike, comfortable, but did not acclerate, turn or brake well enough for my tastes. Running out of cornering clearance was a constant problem and people look at you funny when you lean off of a harley.

returned it leaking oil, with a burned out headlight, and managed to scrape/gouge bottom of frame going over a speedbump.

for five times the price of the bike i was riding (cbr f3) i thought it was pretty lame. Cool but lame
t.dubya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2008, 07:39 PM   #27
JSC_SLP
Rider

Feedback Rating: (3)

Experience: 5 years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
'05 Repsol
'04 GSXR 600 (track)
'05 SV1000S (sold)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSki View Post
Rode my first, and hopefully last, Hardly today. Boss man asked me to deliver it to Mancusso as a favor and that was the worst 20-30 mile trip of my riding life. It was a 99 or 01 fully dressed electraglide with who knows how many miles on it (wasn't paying attention to that). There was a bad head shake that started at 65-70mph and the short windshiled BLEW! It did NOTHING but direct wind to the top of my helmet causing a motion that resembles in turbo mode(with out the smile). Half way into the trip I felt dizzy and nauseated from the ridiculous amount of buffeting. The only good thing was when I figured the radio out and got to jam at 70 miles an hour. Side note: I need to figure out how to get a system like that on my SV. Hopefully most harleys aren't like this cuz if they are I would have to say that most harley owners are CRAZY (with all do respect). Oh, and kudos to those who can scape the floor boards on those, cuz I would never even want to try.
The only reason you got so much buffeting is because the bikes weren't designed to be ridden with helmets
Old 01-12-2008, 07:44 PM   #28
JSC_SLP
Rider

Feedback Rating: (3)

Experience: 5 years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
'05 Repsol
'04 GSXR 600 (track)
'05 SV1000S (sold)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse H View Post
If you weren't wearing a helmet, you wouldn't have experienced all that head buffetting!
That'll teach me to post up before reading the whole thread
Old 01-12-2008, 08:56 PM   #29
jgixer

Feedback Rating: (4)

Experience: 1-3 months
Trackdays: 1

99 zx9

give me reliability, to the wall speed and braking, i love asian bikes so much i married an asian chick and named our first born hai a buza! jus kiddin about the name its chai anh
jgixer is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisement