MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > Off Topic (everything else) > Off Topic
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 09-04-2005, 02:26 AM   #1
Guero

Feedback Rating: (0)

Bike(s):
04 Triumph Daytona

Send a message via AIM to Guero
Spent the day at the Astrodome...

I was out there today... It really me off cause their are so many people out there willing to help out. The dumb that are in charge of organizing the had us out there standing next to each other to guide people from the Astrodome to the Reliant Center. In other words we were being used as human orange cones, so of course with my bad attitude I get cause that wasn't what I went there to do. So we snuck inside the Reliant arena and started helping there, we helped this one family that all got out together and have stuck together this whole time. Its crazy to see 20 people stick together having to go through so much... We went to the lost children's section and helped out there cause I hung out with this one kid who was 6 and he knew that his parents were gone he didn't know where he was all he knew was that "that lady over there is cool." "That lady" was a CPS agent who was helping out there. We then went inside the dome... The easiest way to think about the dome is... IF the world was to ever end, and there were survivors. Those survivors would live just like the people in dome... Its complete chaos, some were still walking around in a trance, some were , some were really cool. But its dirty, the dome is trashed, it smelled in some places, some have just like said it this is where I'm gonna and they do it right there. I will say that there are more people there who have thrown all their problems to , and said we have faith in you, please help us. Guys (and gals) look if you get the time, try to go and help out there. Its not what you think it is. They aren't going to ask you serve food, take out trash, or scrub toilets. I found it hard to keep up with my job, cause these people aren't really looking for a handout they are just looking for someone to shoot the with. I sat today for about an hour and just chilled with this middle aged man and just talked about the storm about how he got out what he saw. This man was everything that you saw on the news with the flooding and the helicopters, walking to the high land, and bus ride after bus ride. It was really interesting to listen to the people tell their stories. Remember not all these people are what you think, not all are drug addicts, or people with mental problems. This one lady asked me for a cigarette. She was telling me how she had no money, one credit card in her pocket, she lost her big home and her Lexus. So like I said if you don't have anything to do the next couple weekends try to get out. Cause they are going to be there a while.. I'm sure about that.
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Spent some time in a T-Rex today! AFS_Racing General Discussion (Moto Related) 17 12-19-2010 01:15 PM
How I spent my holiday weekend... Ulric Off Topic 23 05-29-2009 02:32 AM
This is how I spent my saturday night.. Mrs.Jbird5363 Off Topic 32 03-09-2009 04:41 PM
Time spent on MH at work? blends Off Topic 4 12-04-2008 10:58 AM
total spent on gear coojo Gear Talk 26 04-06-2008 09:12 AM
Advertisement
Old 09-04-2005, 02:42 AM   #2
SE_Ryder122

Bike(s):
2001 R6 Champions Edition (Sold)

Re: Spent the day at the Astrodome...

mad props to you, man. you did a good thing.
SE_Ryder122 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2005, 11:25 AM   #3
KiNG $h!T
Fugkwhacha heard!!!!

Feedback Rating: (2)

Experience: 2 years

Bike(s):
MIA!!!

Send a message via AIM to KiNG $h!T

Quote:
Originally Posted by SE_Ryder122
werd
KiNG $h!T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2005, 11:55 AM   #4
Ramius
Rocket Surgeon

Feedback Rating: (1)

Bike(s):
The Purple People Eater

Send a message via AIM to Ramius

Who I am now is not who I was, and who I will be is better than anything I ever could have imagined. I am Filled with the Spirit of Christ and I walk surrounded by a Host Of Angels, who can stand before the Army of ? Amen!
Ramius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2005, 12:16 PM   #5
st3ph3n

Quote:
Originally Posted by SE_Ryder122
st3ph3n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2005, 08:22 PM   #6
CBR RN
An observer

Bike(s):
had an F4i

Good 4U Guero. I'll be @ GRB on Tuesday working with the UT-Houston medical staff.
Old 09-06-2005, 07:40 AM   #7
CarbonJames
LSTD/TTBC Instructor

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 1-3 months
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
13 250sx
13 350sxf
12 150sx
07 CRF 230
04 CRF 50/70

Member Garage

thats great G, im proud of the people who go and devote time to help people out. i have donated about $100.00 worth of clothes and water that i bought from walmart on friday, it made me feel good but i know that it isnt enough.. this city is pulling together so well to help out.. I'm proud to be apart of this city
CarbonJames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2005, 08:29 AM   #8
donmeeega

Send a message via AIM to donmeeega Send a message via Yahoo to donmeeega

props
donmeeega is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2005, 06:10 PM   #9
OooItzAmi

Member Garage

I just cleaned out my closet... where is the best place to bring it? I heard it was dangerous for a girl to volunteer at the Dome by themselves, so is there anyone that knows of a better place that I could still help at?
Old 09-08-2005, 06:30 PM   #10
The Menace
We Fly HI

Bike(s):
CR250,CR450,Kx125 Fmx out, and 2 50's 1 real 1 knock off

call red cross and let them know that you are trying to go by yourself if not couple of us are going back thisweekend you more then welcome to go with us if ya want
The Menace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2005, 10:08 AM   #11
dotcom
*** PUBLIC RELATIONS ***

Bike(s):
01 Yamaha R6, 125 BBB mini

Send a message via AIM to dotcom Send a message via MSN to dotcom Send a message via Yahoo to dotcom

Quote:
Originally Posted by OooItzAmi
I just cleaned out my closet... where is the best place to bring it? I heard it was dangerous for a girl to volunteer at the Dome by themselves, so is there anyone that knows of a better place that I could still help at?*
i know of some private shelters.. the astromdome is not takin gany more

www.myspace.com/motohouston
dotcom is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisement