MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > Off Topic (everything else) > Off Topic
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.


FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

View Poll Results: weaknes or showing humanity?
weakness 29 78.38%
"human" 8 21.62%
Voters: 37. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 01-10-2008, 02:18 PM   #41
cogs69
Mayor of Coggerville
 
cogs69's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Way out there...
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 11,125

Experience: 3 years

Bike(s):
79cc mini cruiser









Quote:
Originally Posted by CaJuNsOuLjA View Post
Lol, Cogs, love ya bro, you're kool as shyt but I gotta point out that we've been attacked numerous times by terrorists over the history of male presidencies...I don't think the demeanor of the President has any bearing over what the terrorists will do. Iran continues to provoke us under a Presidency which has proven it is willing to go to war...they hate us and will attack regardless...I don't think a woman being in office will be any different. Bhutto actually ran a fricken muslim nation, if THEY can have a woman be president. I think we can manage. Now whether the first should be Hillary or not is an entirely different question...
I see your point, you are right, but how many HAVEN'T happened because of fear of retaliation from our country? I mean, I could be completely wrong, and one day I WILL find out. The day of a female, black, mexican, or any other type president is coming. I think we need diversity and its gonna happen. The US is the most feared country. We have always been known to be pro-active. It has gotten us in trouble many times (Korea, Iraq) but they always know we will act. I just in the back of my mind feel that terrorist countries will try to take advantage of it. ESPECIALLY one that gets easily emotional. I think if Hilary takes over presidency that we will guaranteed see something big like 9/11 during her term. But like I said, I may be wrong, but it scares the out of me that another country could see weakness in this government.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotcknstrips View Post
it sounds like you care what those countries think about women, therefore you don't want a female prez......what, don't want to them off?
Its not about what they think about women, and it isn't about them off. There are countries that will kill off kids if they have too many daughters because they feel more than one is pointless (info courtesy of my neighbor, I think she is Indian) If they feel women are that weak and pointless, what will they think about a country that lets one run theirs? Weakness? It would be different if we were like Canada that stayed out of everything. But by us mingling in everyones business like we are the world police, we are a target. That is a fact. And I just think if the countries we have po'd see us put a crying woman in office in a time like this, they will think we are vulnerable. Again, I may be wrong, if not, hopefully she has the to retaliate as necessary. If we didn't have so many countries already mad at us, I probably wouldn't look as much into it. I'm not looking at this as in I would have a problem with a woman running the country. Might be good for our economy and many other things. I'm just thinking if I was a country looking for a chance to attack the US, and saw a woman crying over candidacy, then she became president, THAT would be the time.

Example. How many of you see women fist fight? It happens, sure, but 99% of arguments including a woman is her throwing vulgarities at another, they yell at each other and it is over. If Cajun and I had a real problem, the words wouldn't last long, one of us would be going down.

FYI, pretty much the main defenses I have seen from most of you against my point has tried to make me out to be sexist. If thats the way you feel, fine, I don't think that is my point. If it was a woman who showed she was steadfast, not publicly emotional, I think I would be less against it. And of course if that woman wasn't Hilary Clinton.
cogs69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
start crying now Badzx14r Off Topic 59 01-02-2011 03:45 AM
Humanity BigComfy Off Topic 1 01-09-2009 04:35 PM
I'M NOT CRYING !! ANTISOCIAL Off Topic 22 01-03-2009 02:29 AM
I feel Like Crying Right Now.. BlackWidow Taking it to the Track 23 12-05-2006 11:49 AM
Advertisement
Old 01-10-2008, 02:19 PM   #42
cogs69
Mayor of Coggerville
 
cogs69's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Way out there...
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 11,125

Experience: 3 years

Bike(s):
79cc mini cruiser









Quote:
Originally Posted by squoddybody View Post
Who cares why she cried? Since standing by her man I've always thought her weak.
See, this is ANOTHER woman that sees her as weak. Ok, if the terrorist countries see her as a weak leader, what is gonna happen?
cogs69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2008, 02:25 PM   #43
CaJuNsOuLjA
Resident Glasnost
 
CaJuNsOuLjA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: NW: 249 & Beltway
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 11,106

Experience: 3 years

Bike(s):
*SOLD*...(Pending purchase): 2006 CRF 450






Quote:
Originally Posted by cogs69 View Post
I see your point, you are right, but how many HAVEN'T happened because of fear of retaliation from our country? I mean, I could be completely wrong, and one day I WILL find out. The day of a female, black, mexican, or any other type president is coming. I think we need diversity and its gonna happen. The US is the most feared country. We have always been known to be pro-active. It has gotten us in trouble many times (Korea, Iraq) but they always know we will act. I just in the back of my mind feel that terrorist countries will try to take advantage of it. ESPECIALLY one that gets easily emotional. I think if Hilary takes over presidency that we will guaranteed see something big like 9/11 during her term. But like I said, I may be wrong, but it scares the out of me that another country could see weakness in this government.
I hear you but honestly, there is no way of knowing and the only standard we have for comparison are countries like Pakistan (Bhutto), Argentina (Peron) and others. One thing I will say for those of you who seem to think women are incapable of leading, history says that Queen Elizabeth was a pretty good indicator...she may not have been perfect but the argument cannot be made against her having a productive reign...
__________________
indifferent0028"They've created a nation of spenders, speculators, and consumers, and they've destroyed the savers, producers, and the investing class that built this country. We're moving from a market-based economy to essentially a planned economy. We're abandoning capitalism and embracing socialism. That's a recipe for disaster." - Peter Schiff
CaJuNsOuLjA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2008, 02:33 PM   #44
cogs69
Mayor of Coggerville
 
cogs69's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Way out there...
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 11,125

Experience: 3 years

Bike(s):
79cc mini cruiser









Quote:
Originally Posted by CaJuNsOuLjA View Post
I hear you but honestly, there is no way of knowing and the only standard we have for comparison are countries like Pakistan (Bhutto), Argentina (Peron) and others. One thing I will say for those of you who seem to think women are incapable of leading, history says that Queen Elizabeth was a pretty good indicator...she may not have been perfect but the argument cannot be made against her having a productive reign...
You are right, just that back then she wasn't aggressive when it came to other countries as the US has been in the last 15 years. There is no way of knowing, till we try, we won't know. I am only speculating, just 9/11 scares the out of me, especially knowing we have some countries with nukes that aren't happy with us either. I want the US to look as strong and un-breakable as possible till we can get out of the middle of some of this turmoil.
cogs69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2008, 02:34 PM   #45
jus10
Loading...
 
jus10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 2,160

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
KX TooNifty









Quote:
Originally Posted by CaJuNsOuLjA View Post
I hear you but honestly, there is no way of knowing and the only standard we have for comparison are countries like Pakistan (Bhutto), Argentina (Peron) and others. One thing I will say for those of you who seem to think women are incapable of leading, history says that Queen Elizabeth was a pretty good indicator...she may not have been perfect but the argument cannot be made against her having a productive reign...
EXACTLY!!!! This isn't about A woman running , it's about THAT woman running . That's what a lot of you ****tards need to get in your head. This isn't about "oh it's time for a woman president" or "no she can't lead us, she's a woman" it's about the PERSON not the of that person. And this PERSON (Hilary) is not fit to run this country and that's it. It's not about what's between your legs, but rather what is or is not in your head!
jus10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2008, 02:35 PM   #46
Petro
C'Mon... Building 7
 
Petro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Feedback Rating: (2)
Posts: 10,038

Experience: 10+ years
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaJuNsOuLjA View Post
I hear you but honestly, there is no way of knowing and the only standard we have for comparison are countries like Pakistan (Bhutto), Argentina (Peron) and others. One thing I will say for those of you who seem to think women are incapable of leading, history says that Queen Elizabeth was a pretty good indicator...she may not have been perfect but the argument cannot be made against her having a productive reign...
queen elizabeth I was a monarch not a president of a democratic country. I would not put Clinton in the same class as bhutto. Bhutto was a fearless leader, not scared to die for her beliefs that the pakistani people deserved equality in all aspects of life. I swear if Clinton became president she would allow the UN to abolish our constitutional rights... As they are attempting to do this very moment! worldwide gunban ring a bell..... tax is gonna go through the roof, and we will be giving more of our hard earned money to fund worthless programs for broke people.
__________________
Quote:
We must use terror, assassination, intimidation, land confiscation, and the cutting of all social services to rid Galilee of its Arab population.
David Ben-Gurion, Founding father of Israel
Petro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2008, 02:37 PM   #47
jus10
Loading...
 
jus10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 2,160

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
KX TooNifty









Clinton = communism
jus10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2008, 02:49 PM   #48
CaJuNsOuLjA
Resident Glasnost
 
CaJuNsOuLjA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: NW: 249 & Beltway
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 11,106

Experience: 3 years

Bike(s):
*SOLD*...(Pending purchase): 2006 CRF 450






Quote:
Originally Posted by p0opstlnksal0t View Post
queen elizabeth I was a monarch not a president of a democratic country. I would not put Clinton in the same class as bhutto. Bhutto was a fearless leader, not scared to die for her beliefs that the pakistani people deserved equality in all aspects of life. I swear if Clinton became president she would allow the UN to abolish our constitutional rights... As they are attempting to do this very moment! worldwide gunban ring a bell..... tax is gonna go through the roof, and we will be giving more of our hard earned money to fund worthless programs for broke people.
Dude, no shyt! That's why I said leader...a leader is a leader regardless of the type or form of government.

for reference:
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaJuNsOuLjA View Post
One thing I will say for those of you who seem to think women are incapable of leading, history says that Queen Elizabeth was a pretty good indicator...she may not have been perfect but the argument cannot be made against her having a productive reign...
__________________
indifferent0028"They've created a nation of spenders, speculators, and consumers, and they've destroyed the savers, producers, and the investing class that built this country. We're moving from a market-based economy to essentially a planned economy. We're abandoning capitalism and embracing socialism. That's a recipe for disaster." - Peter Schiff
CaJuNsOuLjA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2008, 02:53 PM   #49
CaJuNsOuLjA
Resident Glasnost
 
CaJuNsOuLjA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: NW: 249 & Beltway
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 11,106

Experience: 3 years

Bike(s):
*SOLD*...(Pending purchase): 2006 CRF 450






Quote:
Originally Posted by cogs69 View Post
You are right, just that back then she wasn't aggressive when it came to other countries as the US has been in the last 15 years. There is no way of knowing, till we try, we won't know. I am only speculating, just 9/11 scares the out of me, especially knowing we have some countries with nukes that aren't happy with us either. I want the US to look as strong and un-breakable as possible till we can get out of the middle of some of this turmoil.
I'm with you on wanting a strong country, but I care more about actual power and ability to impose your will than aesthetics. I'm of the Roosevelt doctrine: Speak softly and carry a big stick We agree at the core of it though, we both want an America which continues to be strong and flourishes...
__________________
indifferent0028"They've created a nation of spenders, speculators, and consumers, and they've destroyed the savers, producers, and the investing class that built this country. We're moving from a market-based economy to essentially a planned economy. We're abandoning capitalism and embracing socialism. That's a recipe for disaster." - Peter Schiff
CaJuNsOuLjA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2008, 02:54 PM   #50
CaJuNsOuLjA
Resident Glasnost
 
CaJuNsOuLjA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: NW: 249 & Beltway
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 11,106

Experience: 3 years

Bike(s):
*SOLD*...(Pending purchase): 2006 CRF 450






Quote:
Originally Posted by jus10 View Post
EXACTLY!!!! This isn't about A woman running , it's about THAT woman running . That's what a lot of you ****tards need to get in your head. This isn't about "oh it's time for a woman president" or "no she can't lead us, she's a woman" it's about the PERSON not the of that person. And this PERSON (Hilary) is not fit to run this country and that's it. It's not about what's between your legs, but rather what is or is not in your head!
haha...MAJOR cosign
__________________
indifferent0028"They've created a nation of spenders, speculators, and consumers, and they've destroyed the savers, producers, and the investing class that built this country. We're moving from a market-based economy to essentially a planned economy. We're abandoning capitalism and embracing socialism. That's a recipe for disaster." - Peter Schiff
CaJuNsOuLjA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2008, 02:59 PM   #51
Faylaricia
The Comtesse
 
Faylaricia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: NW Houston
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 2,965

Experience: 4 years
Trackdays: 3

Bike(s):
'02 Honda VFR800









Quote:
Originally Posted by p0opstlnksal0t View Post
indonesian leader? i didnt hear about that one, but i do know bhutto was slain. but she has nothing to do with indonesia, rather pakistan:
Sorry, I was thinking of the Pakistan leader and of the Indonesian president at the same time.
__________________
Patricia
banner2 sm
Faylaricia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2008, 03:06 PM   #52
Faylaricia
The Comtesse
 
Faylaricia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: NW Houston
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 2,965

Experience: 4 years
Trackdays: 3

Bike(s):
'02 Honda VFR800









Quote:
Originally Posted by cogs69 View Post
Especially considering the countries most known for terrorist acts don't allow women in positions like that, and don't view them as equals.
So you want to please them, bow to them and sink down to their level? America should be the country to stand up and show those countries that we think squatt about what they believe and that we'll prove it by putting a woman into office. This is the country of where everyone is equal - RIGHT?!!!!!!

Granted, what women it will be is another discussion but I hope the reason why people are not voting for a female leader is not the above.
__________________
Patricia
banner2 sm
Faylaricia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2008, 03:07 PM   #53
Squoddybody
This is me.
 
Squoddybody's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Hillbilly
Feedback Rating: (5)
Posts: 22,185

Experience: 8 years
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
Custom 2003 SV650






I'm not opposed to women in power at all... I just don't like Hillary.
__________________
THIS is me on my motorcycle. Any Questions?

follow me on IG - squoddybody
Squoddybody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2008, 03:08 PM   #54
CaJuNsOuLjA
Resident Glasnost
 
CaJuNsOuLjA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: NW: 249 & Beltway
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 11,106

Experience: 3 years

Bike(s):
*SOLD*...(Pending purchase): 2006 CRF 450






Quote:
Originally Posted by Faylaricia View Post
So you want to please them, bow to them and sink down to their level? America should be the country to stand up and show those countries that we think squatt about what they believe and that we'll prove it by putting a woman into office. This is the country of where everyone is equal - RIGHT?!!!!!!

Granted, what women it will be is another discussion but I hope the reason why people are not voting for a female leader is not the above.
+1
__________________
indifferent0028"They've created a nation of spenders, speculators, and consumers, and they've destroyed the savers, producers, and the investing class that built this country. We're moving from a market-based economy to essentially a planned economy. We're abandoning capitalism and embracing socialism. That's a recipe for disaster." - Peter Schiff
CaJuNsOuLjA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2008, 03:21 PM   #55
cogs69
Mayor of Coggerville
 
cogs69's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Way out there...
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 11,125

Experience: 3 years

Bike(s):
79cc mini cruiser









Quote:
Originally Posted by Faylaricia View Post
So you want to please them, bow to them and sink down to their level? America should be the country to stand up and show those countries that we think squatt about what they believe and that we'll prove it by putting a woman into office. This is the country of where everyone is equal - RIGHT?!!!!!!

Granted, what women it will be is another discussion but I hope the reason why people are not voting for a female leader is not the above.
Well obviously you have a mental block and are just reading what you want. This is the last time I will explain this to you, because I have already explained it twice. Its not about my opinion on women, and it is not about womens rights, or sexist thoughts, or preventing women from having those positions. It is about us being seen as vulnerable in a time of war. The next president is going to take seat of a country that will still be at war, and still have countries mad at us that have nukes, and other resources. We are targets, and I feel we will be attacked again. I just don't want those countries to see an emotional lead country as their opportunity to try and attack. It is my opinion that is what they will see. Again, for the unteenth time, I could be wrong, but I think that is what will happen if they see an EMOTIONAL woman in office. By the way, the whole point of this thread is about her being EMOTIONAL publicly and if we think that makes her fit to run this country.
cogs69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2008, 03:24 PM   #56
Faylaricia
The Comtesse
 
Faylaricia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: NW Houston
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 2,965

Experience: 4 years
Trackdays: 3

Bike(s):
'02 Honda VFR800









Quote:
Originally Posted by cogs69 View Post
I could be wrong, but I think that is what will happen if they see an EMOTIONAL woman in office. By the way, the whole point of this thread is about her being EMOTIONAL publicly and if we think that makes her fit to run this country.
Her maybe but an emotional woman could be a good thing. All I can say is 'a woman's scorn'. Let a woman get because someone bombed one of her country's treasures and people and she will go after the and wouldn't rest until she could castrate him and hang him up alive upside down for the lions to chew on.
__________________
Patricia
banner2 sm
Faylaricia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2008, 03:29 PM   #57
cogs69
Mayor of Coggerville
 
cogs69's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Way out there...
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 11,125

Experience: 3 years

Bike(s):
79cc mini cruiser









Quote:
Originally Posted by Faylaricia View Post
Her maybe but an emotional woman could be a good thing. All I can say is 'a woman's scorn'. Let a woman get because someone bombed one of her country's treasures and people and she will go after the and wouldn't rest until she could castrate him and hang him up alive upside down for the lions to chew on.
I couldn't agree more. 100% I just don't want something like 9/11 to be the reason for the scorn. Not that anything we can ever do to stop it.
cogs69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2008, 03:35 PM   #58
Faylaricia
The Comtesse
 
Faylaricia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: NW Houston
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 2,965

Experience: 4 years
Trackdays: 3

Bike(s):
'02 Honda VFR800









Quote:
Originally Posted by cogs69 View Post
I couldn't agree more. 100% I just don't want something like 9/11 to be the reason for the scorn. Not that anything we can ever do to stop it.
A woman in office could go after the original culprit of 9/11 and his 'messages' and show his 'followers' what women are truly made of. I think it could have a very high potential of preventing future 9/11's.
__________________
Patricia
banner2 sm
Faylaricia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2008, 03:43 PM   #59
jus10
Loading...
 
jus10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 2,160

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
KX TooNifty









and you think that's the best choice? This country should not be run on emotions AT ALL!!!!! Whether in retaliation or prevention or anything else. Logic, reason, and diplomacy must be exhausted first..... then you bomb them
jus10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2008, 03:57 PM   #60
Faylaricia
The Comtesse
 
Faylaricia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: NW Houston
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 2,965

Experience: 4 years
Trackdays: 3

Bike(s):
'02 Honda VFR800









Quote:
Originally Posted by jus10 View Post
Logic, reason, and diplomacy must be exhausted first..... then you bomb them
That excludes all men. Heck, they don't even express any issues, try to solve them or, for that matter even think:

http://www.motohouston.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=44308


__________________
Patricia
banner2 sm
Faylaricia is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Advertisement


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:13 AM.


MotoHouston.com is not responsible for the content posted by users.
Privacy Policy