MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 01-10-2008, 12:26 PM   #41
bluewave18
Safety Third

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
08 Busa
03 XR 50

i once worked at a chevy dealership.they did body work for hpd.i would see them all of the time with front end damage.so i asked a guy when i delivered one. he said they wreck on average 3 a day.not all severe enough for repair, but enough to report at least.there are a shyt load of cars.
bluewave18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
, what am I doing wrong, bike not selling anatram General Discussion (Moto Related) 24 10-31-2014 09:43 PM
cool hungarian bike loosenoose General Discussion (Moto Related) 13 02-11-2013 11:00 AM
I can't find my bike key.... Vividkid General Discussion (Moto Related) 6 06-10-2010 01:47 PM
Speedfreak got his bike knocked over !! ANTISOCIAL Off Topic 96 11-18-2008 12:05 PM
Can't get the bike started fulanito How To's and Q & A's 9 11-21-2006 10:49 AM
Advertisement
Old 01-10-2008, 01:06 PM   #42
eugene

glad you are okay!
eugene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2008, 01:07 PM   #43
andre3k
I see dead people...

Feedback Rating: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluewave18 View Post
i once worked at a chevy dealership.they did body work for hpd.i would see them all of the time with front end damage.so i asked a guy when i delivered one. he said they wreck on average 3 a day.not all severe enough for repair, but enough to report at least.there are a shyt load of cars.
hfd is worse. they tear up more than the cops do. pumpers and ambulances do take the beating a lot better.
andre3k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2008, 01:18 PM   #44
tomLSTD
LSTD Mob Cappo

Feedback Rating: (2)

Experience: 1-3 months
Trackdays: 1

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluewave18 View Post
^^^^^Fact

>>>speculation- it's always the cop's fault.
Old 01-10-2008, 01:19 PM   #45
tomLSTD
LSTD Mob Cappo

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by andre3k View Post
hfd is worse. they tear up more than the cops do. pumpers and ambulances do take the beating a lot better.
Easy there high speed...
Old 01-10-2008, 01:21 PM   #46
vmaxgirl
LSTD Mafia Princess

Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
1994 Vmax 1200
Honda 50 (Fuglee)
2012 ZX10r

Member Garage

Glad you are ok.
Old 01-10-2008, 01:38 PM   #47
bigzona
Lean Machine

Bike(s):
07 Aprilia RSVR Factory

Pleased you're ok
Old 01-10-2008, 02:29 PM   #48
witchdoctor575
certified shutterbug

Feedback Rating: (11)

Bike(s):
07 triumph D675(sold)
05 busa LE (sold)
03 rc51 (sold)
99 superhawk (wrecked)
01 shadow 1100 (sold)

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by andre3k View Post
I'll agree to that... we had a houston pumper on loan to us for a bit and that thing was beat all to . when the driver door fell off for a second time we told houston to come get the thing,lol.
witchdoctor575 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2008, 04:30 PM   #49
Master_Of_Pain
Powa Ranga Action Figure

Update:

I have a minor hairline fracture on the pelvic bone, impact damage to the left oblique, minor hairline fracture on the right thumb, slight road rash on the left arm underside (don't know how in the it got there) tire contact rash on the right arm by the wrist joint, about 3/4 inch round (don't know how that got there either) severe bruising/swelling on the outer left thigh, superficial knee skin damage (artificial and titanium, so the insides are perfectly OK) sore pubic bone, and a lot of cramping in that general area.

Sorry if my first post was harsh, I'm kinda off right now and a wee bit drugged up. I've been doing physical therapy for the last couple of days, so some of the soreness has lessened. Hopefully I can get back to the gym soon.

Thanks everyone, looking forward to getting back on the road soon. I'll likely get the 08 ZX-14 purchased and done before I work on restoring the Max. , been thinking about striping it down to the frame, powdercoating it and getting PCW to build me up a 1500cc block...
Master_Of_Pain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2008, 10:59 PM   #50
Dgig

Feedback Rating: (1)

Bike(s):
06 gsxr 600

just aint right man
Dgig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2008, 11:10 PM   #51
Old School RR

Bike(s):
1999 Honda 900RR....sold
2003 Z1000...currently on the disabled list

Send a message via Yahoo to Old School RR
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomLSTD View Post
And you my friend are biased and short sided.

If you allow yourself to get " off to no end" seeing wrecks involving police, you have more problems to worry about. How the do you know that they "caused" the wrecks? Were you there? Or were you just a looky loo passerby rubbernecker?

PO get more training at a higher level than most any of yall do. Heck, the majority of yall haven't even taken the MSF, let alone even have your license for motorcycles, yet people throw out blanket statements that "Cops are terrible drivers".

Being on the road as often as they are, obviously, there is a higher chance that an MVA will happen with them. There are plenty of idiots that have many more accidents for "being stupid" than PD does!

Don't make any assumptions about me and what I know or don't know. You don't know me or what I do Mr 90 50.
Little hostile aren't we...and po's are people just as we are..and must drive within the laws also..i too have seen a few of them driving like they are above the law. Not cop bashing from my side just wondering why you are making it seem as though we are delinquents. I have my license and have taken the msf and have been on 2 wheels for around 15plus years, not a pro by any means. but just because we dont have a badge dosent mean we arent worthy of driving a car or riding a bike.

not trying to be a jerk but lighten up a little..
Old School RR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2008, 11:50 PM   #52
tomLSTD
LSTD Mob Cappo

Member Garage

Ok, you're new, so maybe you missed the umpteen billion threads by brain surgeons about "how unfair the popo is for pullin' me over only 'cause I was doin' 1fiddy on 610, shouldn't they be lookin' for people breakin' the law?"

The search feature is your friend, or just go through a few or ten pages of threads on this forum or the off topic forum. You'll know you've come across one because it'll be 20 pages or so, and locked.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old School RR View Post
Little hostile aren't we...
Uh, no, not really, no.
Quote:
and po's are people just as we are..and must drive within the laws also..i too have seen a few of them driving like they are above the law.
There are times when PD has to get somewhere fast, and running with lights and sirens blazing is not an option. Unless you know where that person is going, you have no idea why he is driving the way they are. They could be going to someone you know or love who is in need of help (I hope not, but you get the picture). People will never be happy. You may get upset because you see a PO driving "wrecklessly" in your opinion, but if he didn't then the person he is going to help is pizzed because they "didn't get there fast enough".
Quote:
Not cop bashing from my side just wondering why you are making it seem as though we are delinquents.
I don't know who "we" is. If you don't fit my "profile" of the people I'm addressing, then what do you have to worry about? If you aren't doing the things I'm citing, then I'm not talking to you. No more need for you to worry about "me" labeling "you" as a delinquent.
Quote:
I have my license and have taken the msf and have been on 2 wheels for around 15plus years, not a pro by any means. but just because we dont have a badge dosent mean we arent worthy of driving a car or riding a bike.
My point, as apparently you missed it (not belittling, just saying), was that they (PD) go through extensive training to learn to drive evasively, fast, precisely, and with due regard. A BUNCH of the folks on this bbs have no license, and no formal training. You'll find that out the longer you stick around. If you have done the things you're claiming above, congrats! That means once again, I'm not addressing you I'm pretty sure it was the ones that don't have the "M", and haven't taken some type of safety course.

I'm sure "90 5.0" is pleased that you defended him though.

These cop bashing threads are tiresome and silly. I wish I could resist getting in to them, but alas, I am not able.

Carry on.
Old 01-11-2008, 12:05 AM   #53
Old School RR

Bike(s):
1999 Honda 900RR....sold

I wasnt bashing cops and i wasnt trying to be a big brother to anyone. And as much as you hate the cop bashing keep in mind im not a young punk on a crotch rocket either as you have presumed. You can talk down to me if you want to. And who cares if im new to a forum. All im saying is this. Just because a person has a badge doesn't make them a perfect driver nor does it mean they can use it to their advantage. I have cops in my family and they dont like to hear some of there compadres arent perfect either.

BTW my name is Jason nice to meet you. Sorry we have different views.
Old 01-11-2008, 12:11 AM   #54
Old School RR

Bike(s):
1999 Honda 900RR....sold

I will agree that there are too many people out riding without the proper training and acting like fools. And thats where bikes get a bad reputation from.
Old 01-11-2008, 12:23 AM   #55
witchdoctor575
certified shutterbug

Bike(s):
07 triumph D675(sold)
05 busa LE (sold)
03 rc51 (sold)
99 superhawk (wrecked)
01 shadow 1100 (sold)

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master_Of_Pain View Post
Update:

I have a minor hairline fracture on the pelvic bone, impact damage to the left oblique, minor hairline fracture on the right thumb, slight road rash on the left arm underside (don't know how in the it got there) tire contact rash on the right arm by the wrist joint, about 3/4 inch round (don't know how that got there either) severe bruising/swelling on the outer left thigh, superficial knee skin damage (artificial and titanium, so the insides are perfectly OK) sore pubic bone, and a lot of cramping in that general area.

Sorry if my first post was harsh, I'm kinda off right now and a wee bit drugged up. I've been doing physical therapy for the last couple of days, so some of the soreness has lessened. Hopefully I can get back to the gym soon.

Thanks everyone, looking forward to getting back on the road soon. I'll likely get the 08 ZX-14 purchased and done before I work on restoring the Max. , been thinking about striping it down to the frame, powdercoating it and getting PCW to build me up a 1500cc block...

wow...seems like you got a little more beat up then you thought at first... speedy recovery to you and hope the city comps you accordingly.
Old 01-11-2008, 12:23 AM   #56
tomLSTD
LSTD Mob Cappo

Member Garage

Quote:
I wasnt bashing cops and i wasnt trying to be a big brother to anyone. And as much as you hate the cop bashing keep in mind im not a young punk on a crotch rocket either as you have presumed. You can talk down to me if you want to. And who cares if im new to a forum. All im saying is this. Just because a person has a badge doesn't make them a perfect driver nor does it mean they can use it to their advantage. I have cops in my family and they dont like to hear some of there compadres arent perfect either.

BTW my name is Jason nice to meet you. Sorry we have different views.
Thanks for the intro, but we haven't "met". If you did know me, or had actually met me, you would understand where I'm coming from, and likely would know that the things I was saying and where they come from

Don't wear your feelings on your sleeves. I haven't addressed you as a "young punk on a crotch rocket" and didn't "presume" that. For some reason, you felt like I was addressing you in some way, and you jumped in to tell me about how you are the anti-everything I am saying.

Simply, if the things I am saying in generalizations don't apply to you, why are you taking such offense to it? If they don't apply to you, go ahead and assume that I'm not addressing you

I, like a lot of guys my age, didn't have an easy time getting where I am in motorcycling today. "Kids" now are having similar issues, but things are much better by comparison. At 28, you're still young, but as long as you have your in line, then you aren't a delinquent punk kid, so you should have no qualms with what I'm saying.

I take pride in knowing that I did things the right way, and that I am pretty self-sufficient with my bikes. I enjoy the sport, and I really enjoy helping others learn about riding and bikes, whether it be the track or street. When ignorance abounds, and the feeding frenzy gets started on the bbs regarding cop bashing, I jump in, no skin off my nose.

Maybe you're just trying to goad me in to an argument?

I'm done. Yall have fun with this. Off to bed for me.
Old 01-11-2008, 12:24 AM   #57
nuclearalex
32yo-not senior member

Bike(s):
06 shadow aero - sold, 02 954rr baby!

Send a message via Yahoo to nuclearalex
Quote:
Ok, you're new, so maybe you missed the umpteen billion threads by brain surgeons about "how unfair the popo is for pullin' me over only 'cause I was doin' 1fiddy on 610, shouldn't they be lookin' for people breakin' the law?"
I have not read these posts too but i could certainly agree with those...
Having just "funded" the Montgomery LE offices allow me to bash them a bit now:

To be fair I must say that I have lived in 3 states - NJ, CA and TX and my experience with the cops in TX has definitelly been the worst. Let me re-phrase it: cops NJ and CA actually seemed to care about my safety when pulling me over instead of just trying to make a buck out of me... TX cops are blatantly profit-oriented. I can substantiate my clams with examples etc. but I'd rather just lay them out as my personal feelings or impressions - you are free to judge for whatever they are...

Quote:
The search feature is your friend, or just go through a few or ten pages of threads on this forum or the off topic forum. You'll know you've come across one because it'll be 20 pages or so, and locked.

Uh, no, not really, no.
There are times when PD has to get somewhere fast, and running with lights and sirens blazing is not an option. Unless you know where that person is
According to the law (which I am sure you agree that PO has to abide by - you are not a Dirty Harry fan are you?) there are really no other options - you either drive the speed limit or turn the lights on if you wanna ride 100mph or whatever else... Is that correct? Maybe I'm simply ignorant of the law: Is it legal for a PO drive substantially higher than the speed limit without the siren/and or lights?

Quote:
going, you have no idea why he is driving the way they are. They could be going to someone you know or love who is in need of help (I hope not, but you get the picture). People will never be happy. You may get upset because you see a PO driving "wrecklessly" in your opinion, but if he didn't then the person he is going to help is pizzed because they "didn't get there fast enough". I don't know who "we" is. If you don't fit my "profile" of the people I'm addressing, then what do you have to worry about? If you aren't doing the things I'm citing, then I'm not talking to you. No more need for you to worry about "me" labeling "you" as a delinquent. My point, as apparently you missed it (not belittling, just saying), was that they (PD) go through extensive training to learn to drive evasively, fast, precisely, and with due regard. A BUNCH of the folks on this bbs have no license, and no formal training. You'll find that out the longer you stick around. If you have done the things you're claiming above, congrats! That means once again, I'm not addressing you I'm pretty sure it was the ones that don't have the "M", and haven't taken some type of safety course.

I'm sure "90 5.0" is pleased that you defended him though.

These cop bashing threads are tiresome and silly. I wish I could resist getting in to them, but alas, I am not able.
I am not bashing all cops. I think the system in Texas is broken. Cops shouldnt be looking for profits. Instead they should worry about our safety. If the cop in the beginning of this thread's story didn't worry about profit but worried about safety maybe he could have avoided the accident? And also,
it is only natural to keep LEOs that enforce traffic laws to higher standard than the driving public, won't you agree?
Old 01-11-2008, 12:27 AM   #58
witchdoctor575
certified shutterbug

Bike(s):
07 triumph D675(sold)
05 busa LE (sold)
03 rc51 (sold)
99 superhawk (wrecked)
01 shadow 1100 (sold)

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by houstn26 View Post
I have not read these posts too but i could certainly agree with those...
Having just "funded" the Montgomery LE offices allow me to bash them a bit now:

To be fair I must say that I have lived in 3 states - NJ, CA and TX and my experience with the cops in TX has definitelly been the worst. Let me re-phrase it: cops NJ and CA actually seemed to care about my safety when pulling me over instead of just trying to make a buck out of me... TX cops are blatantly profit-oriented. I can substantiate my clams with examples etc. but I'd rather just lay them out as my personal feelings or impressions - you are free to judge for whatever they are...

According to the law (which I am sure you agree that PO has to abide by - you are not a Dirty Harry fan are you?) there are really no other options - you either drive the speed limit or turn the lights on if you wanna ride 100mph or whatever else... Is that correct? Maybe I'm simply ignorant of the law: Is it legal for a PO drive substantially higher than the speed limit without the siren/and or lights?

I am not bashing all cops. I think the system in Texas is broken. Cops shouldnt be looking for profits. Instead they should worry about our safety. If the cop in the beginning of this thread's story didn't worry about profit but worried about safety maybe he could have avoided the accident? And also,
it is only natural to keep LEOs that enforce traffic laws to higher standard than the driving public, won't you agree?

here in texas cops are allowed to run emergency traffic without lights and sirens. That doesn't mean they have cart blanch to cause traffic accidents but sometimes it is easier for PO to get through traffic with out all the going.
Old 01-11-2008, 12:31 AM   #59
nuclearalex
32yo-not senior member

Bike(s):
06 shadow aero - sold, 02 954rr baby!

Send a message via Yahoo to nuclearalex
Quote:
Originally Posted by witchdoctor575 View Post
here in texas cops are allowed to run emergency traffic without lights and sirens. That doesn't mean they have cart blanch to cause traffic accidents but sometimes it is easier for PO to get through traffic with out all the going.
oh ok, thanks.. good to know...
Old 01-11-2008, 12:32 AM   #60
tomLSTD
LSTD Mob Cappo

Member Garage

Quote:
TX cops are blatantly profit-oriented.
Yeah, 'cause they get a cut off every ticket the write. yeah...

Quote:
Maybe I'm simply ignorant of the law: Is it legal for a PO drive substantially higher than the speed limit without the siren/and or lights?
Why yes, in certain situations, they can.

Quote:
Cops shouldnt be looking for profits. Instead they should worry about our safety.
How the heck do you think they are "looking for profits"?????? What possible incentive would a $40k/year PO have? You think they get yearly bonuses or something?

Quote:
They do. You went to a "" driving school to learn to drive, they went to extremely intensive training (in most cases) to learn to drive much better than most any of you guys.

OK, now I'm really out. I'm tired and this is really silly.... why am I replying to this stuff????

Advertisement