MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.


Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Reply
Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 01-10-2008, 09:48 AM   #21
90 5.0
frequent crasher
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Atascocita
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 561


Bike(s):
98 gsxr 600









Quote:
Originally Posted by tomLSTD View Post
You are getting one side of the story, and no, they're not.
That might be your opinion but i see police driving like idiots all the time and it me off to no end I have see lots of wrecks caused by police acting like the world is coming to no end to pull someone over for 10 over ect...

If you argue the fact that this happens you my friend are blind...
90 5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
, what am I doing wrong, bike not selling anatram General Discussion (Moto Related) 24 10-31-2014 09:43 PM
cool hungarian bike loosenoose General Discussion (Moto Related) 13 02-11-2013 11:00 AM
I can't find my bike key.... Vividkid General Discussion (Moto Related) 6 06-10-2010 01:47 PM
Speedfreak got his bike knocked over !! ANTISOCIAL Off Topic 96 11-18-2008 12:05 PM
Can't get the bike started fulanito How To's and Q & A's 9 11-21-2006 10:49 AM
Advertisement
Old 01-10-2008, 09:58 AM   #22
ZXALAN
UR NXT
 
ZXALAN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: League City Tx
Feedback Rating: (1)
Posts: 4,254

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
2000 Turbo-Hayabusa
2013 BMW S1000RR








Sue the out of em.....
__________________

319hp@14lbs(pump gas), 435hp@29lbs(race gas)
Texas Mile Mar 09, 225.906mph, 8.82@168.43 w/1.63 60'-14.5lbs
ZXALAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2008, 10:15 AM   #23
tomLSTD
LSTD Mob Cappo
 
tomLSTD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Feedback Rating: (2)
Posts: 6,798

Experience: 1-3 months
Trackdays: 1






Member Garage





Quote:
Originally Posted by 90 5.0 View Post
That might be your opinion but i see police driving like idiots all the time and it me off to no end I have see lots of wrecks caused by police acting like the world is coming to no end to pull someone over for 10 over ect...

If you argue the fact that this happens you my friend are blind...
And you my friend are biased and short sided.

If you allow yourself to get " off to no end" seeing wrecks involving police, you have more problems to worry about. How the do you know that they "caused" the wrecks? Were you there? Or were you just a looky loo passerby rubbernecker?

PO get more training at a higher level than most any of yall do. Heck, the majority of yall haven't even taken the MSF, let alone even have your license for motorcycles, yet people throw out blanket statements that "Cops are terrible drivers".

Being on the road as often as they are, obviously, there is a higher chance that an MVA will happen with them. There are plenty of idiots that have many more accidents for "being stupid" than PD does!

Don't make any assumptions about me and what I know or don't know. You don't know me or what I do Mr 90 50.
__________________
I am Tyler Durdin's bad attitude.
tomLSTD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2008, 10:24 AM   #24
andre3k
I see dead people...
 
andre3k's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Feedback Rating: (1)
Posts: 2,798












Quote:
Originally Posted by 90 5.0 View Post
That might be your opinion but i see police driving like idiots all the time and it me off to no end I have see lots of wrecks caused by police acting like the world is coming to no end to pull someone over for 10 over ect...

If you argue the fact that this happens you my friend are blind...
In typical MH fashion............here we go..................


80v4m5u
andre3k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2008, 10:31 AM   #25
90 5.0
frequent crasher
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Atascocita
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 561


Bike(s):
98 gsxr 600









Quote:
Originally Posted by tomLSTD View Post
And you my friend are biased and short sided.

If you allow yourself to get " off to no end" seeing wrecks involving police, you have more problems to worry about. How the do you know that they "caused" the wrecks? Were you there? Or were you just a looky loo passerby rubbernecker?

PO get more training at a higher level than most any of yall do. Heck, the majority of yall haven't even taken the MSF, let alone even have your license for motorcycles, yet people throw out blanket statements that "Cops are terrible drivers".

Being on the road as often as they are, obviously, there is a higher chance that an MVA will happen with them. There are plenty of idiots that have many more accidents for "being stupid" than PD does!

Don't make any assumptions about me and what I know or don't know. You don't know me or what I do Mr 90 50.

I'm not the one getting off :lmao: And I said that might be your opinion but if you read my post you will see were I said I have seen , not rubbernecked. And I drove a load of miles for work going from rig to rig so I have seen my fare share of accidents while driving I averaged about 6,000 miles a month with out clipping anyone. And I laugh every time I see someone post up about msf, I think most of you turn people off of taking it because your Idiotic posts are giving people the assumption that the instructors are brain dead. You need to open your eyes and not be so quick to spout off at the lip drive, by the HPD station and go look at all of the wrecked cars. All accidents are avoidable if you are paying attention and obeying simple rules like the 5 seeing habits. Police should set a higher standard for everyone to follow not brake rules because they can. I am not saying they are all like that but the bad ones stand out and give a bad impression.
90 5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2008, 10:31 AM   #26
90 5.0
frequent crasher
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Atascocita
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 561


Bike(s):
98 gsxr 600









Quote:
Originally Posted by andre3k View Post
In typical MH fashion............here we go..................


80v4m5u
HAHAHAHAHA
90 5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2008, 10:34 AM   #27
tomLSTD
LSTD Mob Cappo
 
tomLSTD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Feedback Rating: (2)
Posts: 6,798

Experience: 1-3 months
Trackdays: 1






Member Garage





Quote:
Originally Posted by 90 5.0 View Post
I'm not the one getting off
Clearly.

It's obvious that you are a wealth of knowledge on PD accidents, I'll just bow out and defer to you.
__________________
I am Tyler Durdin's bad attitude.
tomLSTD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2008, 10:47 AM   #28
FlipSideUp
This Flip Rides Nekkid
 
FlipSideUp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Houston - Memorial
Feedback Rating: (13)
Posts: 4,605

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
'03 Honda 919 Hornet
'89 Yamaha FZR400 Trackbike
'83 Honda CB650SC Nighthawk
'07 Step-2 (ok, it's my daughter's)






This reminds me of an incident that happened to me dad back in '87. He was driving his brand new Mitsubishi Starion ESI on the rightmost lane of a 3-way highway (Rt. 9, New Jersey). There was a second car next to him slightly back in the center lane. An exit was coming up on the right, and my dad was accelerating to take the curve quick (that car was fast!). He was only accelerating to feel out the car, and he was in the proper lane with no one else in sight. Then out of nowhere, a female LEO in her regular cage, decided to turn in across the highway from the left-most lane to try to make the same exit. She crossed over in front of the center-lane car, causing that car to slam on the brakes, only to get t-boned by my dad in the right lane. My dad's car totaled hers, as he crushed it in all the way to the center console of her car. She was ok, and so was my dad, but guess who got the ticket? I believe, in the end, it worked out for my dad, since our Insurance was able to cast the blame where it belonged, with plenty of witnesses to the event... but it was a hassle, and he still had to pay the ticket.

Just be sure to let your insurance know everything that happened, and exactly how it happened, and your witnesses follow through.

Last edited by FlipSideUp; 01-10-2008 at 10:50 AM.
FlipSideUp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2008, 10:54 AM   #29
tomLSTD
LSTD Mob Cappo
 
tomLSTD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Feedback Rating: (2)
Posts: 6,798

Experience: 1-3 months
Trackdays: 1






Member Garage





Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob919 View Post
This reminds me of an incident that happened to me dad back in '87. He was driving his brand new Mitsubishi Starion ESI on the rightmost lane of a 3-way highway (Rt. 9, New Jersey). There was a second car next to him slightly back in the center lane. An exit was coming up on the right, and my dad was accelerating to take the curve quick (that car was fast!). He was only accelerating to feel out the car, and he was in the proper lane with no one else in sight. Then out of nowhere, a female LEO in her regular cage, decided to turn in across the highway from the left-most lane to try to make the same exit. She crossed over in front of the center-lane car, causing that car to slam on the brakes, only to get t-boned by my dad in the right lane. My dad's car totaled hers, as he crushed it in all the way to the center console of her car. She was ok, and so was my dad, but guess who got the ticket? I believe, in the end, it worked out for my dad, since our Insurance was able to cast the blame where it belonged, with plenty of witnesses to the event... but it was a hassle, and he still had to pay the ticket.

Just be sure to let your insurance know everything that happened, and exactly how it happened, and your witnesses follow through.
So, by your logic, the scenario plays out that your Dad was breaking the law, and the off duty PO was breaking the law, but she was more breaking the law, so it was her fault?

Yeah, that works. I'm out, I can't understand this stuff.
__________________
I am Tyler Durdin's bad attitude.
tomLSTD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2008, 10:57 AM   #30
NorthHoustonGSXR
Yes I do.
 
NorthHoustonGSXR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Kingwood Texas
Feedback Rating: (5)
Posts: 3,993


Bike(s):
2006 GSX 600R
mystery bike
2000 CBR600F4 track only (SOLD)







glad your ok.

please sue to LEOs for this...pain and suffering, loss wages, etc...I bet he did it on purpose too!
__________________

xdng33m4iv
GOVERNMENT IS THE REAL MIDDLE MAN. COMMON BUSINESS PRACTICE IS TO ELIMINATE THE MIDDLE MAN.
NorthHoustonGSXR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2008, 11:05 AM   #31
FlipSideUp
This Flip Rides Nekkid
 
FlipSideUp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Houston - Memorial
Feedback Rating: (13)
Posts: 4,605

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
'03 Honda 919 Hornet
'89 Yamaha FZR400 Trackbike
'83 Honda CB650SC Nighthawk
'07 Step-2 (ok, it's my daughter's)






Quote:
Originally Posted by tomLSTD View Post
So, by your logic, the scenario plays out that your Dad was breaking the law, and the off duty PO was breaking the law, but she was more breaking the law, so it was her fault?

Yeah, that works. I'm out, I can't understand this stuff.
I'm just saying that's what happened. In the end it worked out and the blame went where it should. He admitted he was accelerating to take the exit. There's a reason i was describing all the details (I could have left that out). He t-boned her (not hit her in the rear), because she crossed his right-of-way almost at a 45 degree angle. If she had crossed over, then got in front of him, then straightened out in the same direction in the same lane, and then he hit her in the rear, then it clearly would have been my dad's fault. He T-boned her broadside. All I know is that my dad's insurance did not pay for her damages, but my dad still paid the ticket. He could have fought the ticket, but he's not like that, and just paid. It was my dad's insurance co. that fought the LEO's insurance co., and that's how the insurance claim worked out. I remember this, because I remember my mom and dad talking about it at the time. I don't think my parents were lie-ing to us kids about it.
FlipSideUp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2008, 11:07 AM   #32
FlipSideUp
This Flip Rides Nekkid
 
FlipSideUp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Houston - Memorial
Feedback Rating: (13)
Posts: 4,605

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
'03 Honda 919 Hornet
'89 Yamaha FZR400 Trackbike
'83 Honda CB650SC Nighthawk
'07 Step-2 (ok, it's my daughter's)






And what do you mean by logic? I'm not playing out a scenario here. I'm relating a story almost 20 years ago.
FlipSideUp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2008, 11:07 AM   #33
abelrob
Senior Member
 
abelrob's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Northwest Crew
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 669


Bike(s):
2004 Kawasaki ZX6RR, 2005 Hayabusa









I hope you come out OK in the end of this deal. Somehow PO's are never responsible for things like that.

My brother is a Las Vegas PO, and probably the worst driver I have ever seen. He has wrecked every car he has ever driven.
abelrob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2008, 11:12 AM   #34
S_M_J82
Prime Time!!!
 
S_M_J82's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Hutto TX
Feedback Rating: (3)
Posts: 3,409

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+


2003 kawasaki z1000








Send a message via AIM to S_M_J82
the good thing is your alright man. take it easy and rest up. just deal with it in a professional manner.
__________________
just trying to get by!
S_M_J82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2008, 11:13 AM   #35
tomLSTD
LSTD Mob Cappo
 
tomLSTD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Feedback Rating: (2)
Posts: 6,798

Experience: 1-3 months
Trackdays: 1






Member Garage





Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob919 View Post
And what do you mean by logic? I'm not playing out a scenario here. I'm relating a story almost 20 years ago.
Because when you say "guess who got the ticket?" you insinuate that your Dad didn't do anything wrong and the off duty PO was at fault. That's how.

It's just tiring to constantly see armchair quarterbacks constantly create opinions about things that they know nothing about (not talking about your situation Rob919, just the "masses" that constantly try to attack public servants).

People witness an event for a second or two, or drive by, and automatically they become accident investigators and experts on what happened.

It's natural that people "take the side" of others like them. Naturally, motorcyclist will hear another motorcyclist give his side of the story and side with him. All I'm saying is, you only have half of the story, and it's going to be biased.
__________________
I am Tyler Durdin's bad attitude.
tomLSTD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2008, 11:14 AM   #36
FlipSideUp
This Flip Rides Nekkid
 
FlipSideUp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Houston - Memorial
Feedback Rating: (13)
Posts: 4,605

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
'03 Honda 919 Hornet
'89 Yamaha FZR400 Trackbike
'83 Honda CB650SC Nighthawk
'07 Step-2 (ok, it's my daughter's)






Quote:
Originally Posted by S_M_J82 View Post
the good thing is your alright man. take it easy and rest up. just deal with it in a professional manner.
+1
FlipSideUp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2008, 11:16 AM   #37
Whorenet
Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: NWC
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 8,903


Bike(s):
cbr600, cbrxx 1100 blackbird, kazuma 110 derty, springer forked 1/2 chopper...more to come









User is banned

.
Whorenet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2008, 11:16 AM   #38
FlipSideUp
This Flip Rides Nekkid
 
FlipSideUp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Houston - Memorial
Feedback Rating: (13)
Posts: 4,605

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
'03 Honda 919 Hornet
'89 Yamaha FZR400 Trackbike
'83 Honda CB650SC Nighthawk
'07 Step-2 (ok, it's my daughter's)






Quote:
Originally Posted by tomLSTD View Post
Because when you say "guess who got the ticket?" you insinuate that your Dad didn't do anything wrong and the off duty PO was at fault. That's how.

It's just tiring to constantly see armchair quarterbacks constantly create opinions about things that they know nothing about (not talking about your situation Rob919, just the "masses" that constantly try to attack public servants).

People witness an event for a second or two, or drive by, and automatically they become accident investigators and experts on what happened.

It's natural that people "take the side" of others like them. Naturally, motorcyclist will hear another motorcyclist give his side of the story and side with him. All I'm saying is, you only have half of the story, and it's going to be biased.
Well, I can see how that statement comes across. But I meant that in a semi-humorous way. My dad held nothing against her, and in fact holds LEOs in high regard. He was an ER Doctor and has saved many of their lives, and knows first hand the dangers they face day in and day out.
FlipSideUp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2008, 11:31 AM   #39
jus10
Loading...
 
jus10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 2,160

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
KX TooNifty









Sucks you went down man, but you gotta remember cops are cagers too except they actually have many things to do all at once whilst driving a car. Most cops are ****ing awesome drivers, but throw in a laptop, radio, watching other drivers and the streets, etc. and I'm willing to bet most of us will drive the same way if not quite a bit worse. Distraction is what it all comes down to, and no one here is completely immune to it. Hope it all works out for ya.
jus10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2008, 11:39 AM   #40
witchdoctor575
certified shutterbug
 
witchdoctor575's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Alvin
Feedback Rating: (11)
Posts: 23,547

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
07 triumph D675(sold)
05 busa LE (sold)
03 rc51 (sold)
99 superhawk (wrecked)
01 shadow 1100 (sold)

Member Garage





Quote:
Originally Posted by jus10 View Post
Sucks you went down man, but you gotta remember cops are cagers too except they actually have many things to do all at once whilst driving a car. Most cops are ****ing awesome drivers, but throw in a laptop, radio, watching other drivers and the streets, etc. and I'm willing to bet most of us will drive the same way if not quite a bit worse. Distraction is what it all comes down to, and no one here is completely immune to it. Hope it all works out for ya.

agreed. my mother is retired govt. agent. she got all that training and then some and I can tell you she scares the out of me when she drives.
witchdoctor575 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Advertisement


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:20 AM.


MotoHouston.com is not responsible for the content posted by users.
Privacy Policy