MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > Off Topic (everything else) > Off Topic
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 01-09-2008, 06:34 PM   #21
bignmz04
My better is better

Feedback Rating: (0)

Bike(s):
too many to list. but dreaming and waiting on the ktm RC8.

Send a message via AIM to bignmz04 Send a message via Yahoo to bignmz04
i had a presa for a while. good dogs. kinda nervous (comparable to a doberman) breed has bad hips just like any other molosser type of breed. I have a boerboel now. way bigger, rarer dog. image a cross between a dogue de bordeaux (turner and hooch dog) that is the size of an english mastiff. there is a guy in arizona that sells them. they were used in africa to keep leopards lions and hyenas from attacking cattle. my one is 2 years old and weighs 185 lbs. they can get up to 200 lbs. crazy strong for a dog. and i am a very strong dude who gets pulled left and right by a boerboel.
bignmz04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
FREE DOG!!! YES!!! FREE!!! PERRO.. !! floyd600 Off Topic 11 04-10-2012 12:38 AM
Puppy!!! RojerLockless Off Topic 29 05-06-2011 08:47 PM
I dont know what say........... DE-DE-DEEEE Gimpin2Fold General Discussion (Moto Related) 10 05-26-2007 07:37 PM
My New Puppy! Brena23 Off Topic 54 11-21-2006 04:25 AM
OMG! perro de Presa Canario.... Petro Off Topic 25 05-03-2006 08:49 PM
Advertisement
Old 01-09-2008, 07:11 PM   #22
Petro
C'Mon... Building 7

Feedback Rating: (2)

Experience: 10+ years
Quote:
Originally Posted by bignmz04 View Post
kinda nervous (comparable to a doberman) breed has bad hips just like any other molosser type of breed.
this is what i dont want. hopefully with good research of a very reputable breeder i can get a good specimen. not sure i want a dog that is gonna get bigger than a presa, lol. i think 110lbs-130lbs is pushing it... and wouldnt that dog have more hip problems than the presa's? seeing as they weigh quite a bit more.
Petro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2008, 07:16 PM   #23
bignmz04
My better is better

Bike(s):

ya you are right. but the thing is boerboels are not that common so vets dont get a chance to see them too much so.... not too many reports of hip displacements. presas are good dogs. you will be very happy with one. there is a dude in alvin tx that breeds them i think. dont know how good his stuff is though
Old 01-09-2008, 07:45 PM   #24
bigzona
Lean Machine

Bike(s):
07 Aprilia RSVR Factory

I really like the Boerboels, also the Tosa Ken; now those are the real YOKOZUNAS. Another notable breed is the Cane Corso, if you like presas, then you'll like these.
Old 01-10-2008, 06:08 AM   #25
bignmz04
My better is better

Bike(s):

tosas are great dogs. the original superheavyweight fighting dog lol.
Old 01-10-2008, 06:23 AM   #26
Homebrew
AkA Rubbersidedown

Feedback Rating: (25)

Bike(s):
gsxr 600
custom pocket rocket

FILA BRASILEIRO...........just keep a body bag in your closet, just incase
Old 01-10-2008, 08:16 AM   #27
bignmz04
My better is better

Bike(s):

filas are good dogs. but has crazy temper issues. kinda like a bipolar unstable woman lol
Old 01-10-2008, 10:17 AM   #28
cashtown
Lawyers Guns and Money

Bike(s):
'05 Hayabusa '98 ZX-6E

I'd really love to have a rhodesian ridgeback, but I just don't have enough yard.

rhodesian ridgeback332x 11919906775

Fat Freddy says, "Busas are for posing!"
cashtown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2008, 12:02 PM   #29
Petro
C'Mon... Building 7

i was actually tossing up the idea of either a cane corso, or presa. i decided on the presa due to its looks, and the fact that its a specialized breed recognized by aks, so i can register and participate in AKC events/shows.
Old 01-10-2008, 12:25 PM   #30
bdmpastx
The Cripple

Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2009 Nissan GTR - sold
2015 Nissan GTR

Those were the dogs that killed that woman in California a while back. I am sure that it was more of the owner's fault in the upbringing. The owner is serving time for murder now and her partner is serving time for manslauter. It may be something to think about as far as personal responsibility is concerned. What if it got out when you are at work and killed a kid? I know I would be scared of something like that happening.

Link to story: http://www.courttv.com/trials/dogmaul/verdict_ctv.html

A friend of mine from LA that served time in the Israeli military had one and it attacked him. It took a large chunk of meat from his leg. The dog was a trained to aid in the raiding of houses and he had to put him down after the attack.
Old 01-10-2008, 12:34 PM   #31
bluewave18
Safety Third

Bike(s):
08 Busa
03 XR 50

love my boxer.
bluewave18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2008, 12:42 PM   #32
Petro
C'Mon... Building 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdmpastx View Post
Those were the dogs that killed that woman in California a while back. I am sure that it was more of the owner's fault in the upbringing. The owner is serving time for murder now and her partner is serving time for manslauter. It may be something to think about as far as personal responsibility is concerned. What if it got out when you are at work and killed a kid? I know I would be scared of something like that happening.

A friend of mine from LA that served time in the Israeli military had one and it attacked him. It took a large chunk of meat from his leg. The dog was a trained to aid in the raiding of houses and he had to put him down after the attack.
definately owner negligence here. pitbulls have killed people on numerous occasions, but this is because they are popular in the lower class society, and many have bad owners. honestly ive never had a better dog than a pitbull thus far, and ive had everything from dobies, boxers, pits, rotties, muts, etc... i love boxers but they just have too many medical issues. as far as indoor lap dogs, i think the staffordshire bull terrier is the best! my dads staffy bull is the smartest little ive ever seen. and cute as ... lol
Old 01-10-2008, 07:22 PM   #33
t.dubya
Senor Member

Bike(s):
k7 gsxr 600 (now dead)

i like staffy bull terriers and bulldogs.....also know a guy breeding performance neos and bandogs up north...

for bulldogs check out joshua kennels in florida, nice nice dogs, with an excellent breeding program also browns creek kennels
t.dubya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2008, 07:29 PM   #34
bigzona
Lean Machine

Bike(s):
07 Aprilia RSVR Factory

I really love all the molosser breeds, but I ended up getting a chihuahua a few months back, cause they're easy to take care of, but that little man got maaaaaaddddd energy. Now Im thinking maybe I should have gotten a big dog that just wants to take naps, and play only when you're ready.
Old 01-11-2008, 12:24 PM   #35
cashtown
Lawyers Guns and Money

Bike(s):
'05 Hayabusa '98 ZX-6E

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdmpastx View Post

If I recall correctly, those two dogs were owned by a couple, both lawyers, who had defended some high profile drug dealers. The dealers went off to prison and the lawyers took the dogs - which had been security dogs for the drug outfit and were pretty much trained killers.

Fat Freddy says, "Busas are for posing!"
cashtown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2008, 12:53 PM   #36
Old School RR

Bike(s):
1999 Honda 900RR....sold
2003 Z1000...currently on the disabled list

Send a message via Yahoo to Old School RR
Quote:
Originally Posted by p0opstlnksal0t View Post
ya, im actually trying to get a pup w/ canary island bloodline. I will not be breeding though, as im against backyard breeding. just want a solid comformity dog w/ good temperment and good guard dog instinct. my pitbull i have is good at what it was bread for, but pits arent really good guard dogs (at least true game pits arent)... i dont fight though, i just think its good to stick with genes and temperment that match its original function.
I have three pits and they are great guard dogs. They are not by any means aggressive but they will let you know when something isn't right. And they will only let a few people that are close to Amb or I in the back yard when we arent there. Our water meter is in the back and the meter guy has to call me everytime to make sure im home or he cant get the reading.
Old School RR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2008, 01:30 PM   #37
Petro
C'Mon... Building 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by t.dubya View Post
i like staffy bull terriers and bulldogs.....also know a guy breeding performance neos and bandogs up north...

for bulldogs check out joshua kennels in florida, nice nice dogs, with an excellent breeding program also browns creek kennels
, i might just get a bandog. some pretty cool mixes out there.
Old 01-11-2008, 02:10 PM   #38
Petro
C'Mon... Building 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by t.dubya View Post

what is that kennel that you know of breeding bandogges? if i did go with one id like maybe a mastiff/apbt cross
Old 01-11-2008, 02:15 PM   #39
BoostJunky

BoostJunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2008, 02:26 PM   #40
Mrs. ~T~
formerly known as C 1/2

Feedback Rating: (8)

Bike(s):
2006 GSXR 600

Send a message via AIM to Mrs. ~T~