MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 01-09-2008, 01:30 PM   #1
navigator
Senior Citizen

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
'09 Ninja 250
'09 Versys
'09 Grizzly
'10 Felt Racing Hybrid

? for lady track riders

How do I get my wife started?

We both ride on the street. I am much more agressive and last year did my 1st track day. She has been very concerned for me but supported my decision to do this. She never expressed any interest in taking part.

Well, today we were talking and she mentioned that she really is interested but is scared of the speed in the turns. I didn't want to say the wrong thing, so I just said I thought it would be great if we could do this together and left it at that. Where do I go from here? I'll happily buy the gear, set up a bike, pay for schools, whatever. How do I convince her that the track is safer than the street and that there are people willing to help her thru the transition? I don't want her first trip to be a disaster.
POLITICAL CORRECTNESS, is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a by the clean end.
navigator is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Any track riders need help at MSRH? gueroaero Taking it to the Track 5 01-23-2012 07:58 PM
For Racers, Track Riders, Street Riders, Cruisers yellowjacket General Discussion (Moto Related) 34 09-21-2009 09:20 PM
Track Riders Section? Possible? cdill35 Forum Updates & Feedback 12 10-31-2008 10:31 AM
For the Lady Track Riders Sassy Chassis Taking it to the Track 1 02-27-2008 11:41 AM
Advertisement
Old 01-09-2008, 01:41 PM   #2
Squoddybody
This is me.

Feedback Rating: (5)

Experience: 8 years
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
Custom 2003 SV650

Just take her out there and let her watch and ask questions! That's all I needed and now I can't wait to get on the track!

follow me on IG - squoddybody
Squoddybody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2008, 01:42 PM   #3
vmaxgirl
LSTD Mafia Princess

Feedback Rating: (0)

Bike(s):
1994 Vmax 1200
Honda 50 (Fuglee)
2012 ZX10r

Member Garage

Have her spend a day as a corner worker for a track day. She will see and hear what it is like... that made me crave it more.
Old 01-09-2008, 01:43 PM   #4
maskale

Feedback Rating: (3)

Experience: 4 years
Trackdays: 6

Bike(s):
2005 CBR600RR Trackbike
2007 Warrior Midnight

noob day with lonestar, check the calender, get the gear, prep the bike, and let her ride at her pace. All she as to do is ride without all the worries of doing it on the street
maskale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2008, 01:49 PM   #5
Candie

Experience: 9 years

Bike(s):
2013 Ninja 300
07 CBR 600RR (sold)
09 Ninja 250 (sold)
04 CBR 600RR (sold)
04 GSXR 600 (sold)

Take her to the track to watch! Or cw as Pam said! After she sees that it is not so scary she will be all for it! The sign her up for a noob day!
Old 01-09-2008, 04:21 PM   #6
Sassy Chassis
Not a value-added poster

Bike(s):
2015 Ducati Monster 821

Use reverse psychology on her...tell her to get back in the kitchen and cook. Girls shouldn't be riding motorcycles anyway!

Old 01-09-2008, 04:42 PM   #7
navigator
Senior Citizen

Bike(s):
'09 Ninja 250
'09 Versys
'09 Grizzly
'10 Felt Racing Hybrid

Thanks, everyone. I think I will start by, once again, inviting her to come with me for my next track day. Maybe she will join me this time. I know if she comes she will meet lots of people, she has that sort of personality. We will see if it's for real or not. This could be fun. Our new family activity.
POLITICAL CORRECTNESS, is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a by the clean end.
navigator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2008, 09:22 AM   #8
Ronnie H.
LSTD Mafioso

Bike(s):
02 CRF450, 03 YZ250F, 04 CRF50, 08 Duc 1098, 10 Aprilia RSV4 Factory

LSTD has a 4 very qualified, very talented female instructors on the staff. Who better to describe what it is like to be a woman who rides at track days and races (very successfully - on the same tracks) against the "boys".
Ronnie H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2008, 09:58 AM   #9
txgsxrbob
THE SH*T STARTER IS BACK

Bike(s):
06 GSXR 1K SOLD !
2012 R1 Moto GP replica # 1287

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronnie H. View Post
LSTD has a 4 very qualified, very talented female instructors on the staff. Who better to describe what it is like to be a woman who rides at track days and races (very successfully - on the same tracks) against the "boys".
Has a very good point !!
Quote:
Originally Posted by pester View Post
NOW WHERE IS TXGSXRBOB WHEN WE NEED HIM????
txgsxrbob is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisement