MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > Off Topic (everything else) > Off Topic
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 01-09-2008, 12:14 PM   #41
Whorenet
Banned

Feedback Rating: (0)

Bike(s):
cbr600, cbrxx 1100 blackbird, kazuma 110 derty, springer forked 1/2 chopper...more to come

User is banned

Whorenet is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
I want this bike...BAD!!! PYROBUG51 General Discussion (Moto Related) 27 05-21-2013 09:44 AM
Just in case you need a bad a$$ bike.... albertinhouston General Discussion (Moto Related) 6 01-03-2013 04:56 PM
I want this bike so bad brandontx General Discussion (Moto Related) 0 08-20-2010 10:41 AM
WOW BAD BAD BAD WRECK ON 290 txgsxrbob Off Topic 20 02-25-2008 02:30 PM
Bike running bad.... Drumboy General Discussion (Moto Related) 7 06-29-2007 05:11 PM
Advertisement
Old 01-09-2008, 12:15 PM   #42
dbuck
Stayin' Young

Feedback Rating: (5)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
02 Honda Superhawk

Send a message via AIM to dbuck
Quote:
Originally Posted by JRxGRUBZx View Post
your lucky!!!!!!! but get married ASAP lol
6-7-08...until then
dbuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2008, 12:17 PM   #43
JRxGRUBZx

Experience: 2 years

Bike(s):
O-six six durty six (r.i.p)
07 zx6r (rip)
o-five six durty six (rip)
01 f4i - yes yes im a trader .

hahahahahahahaha ...... she better be hot!!! j/k .... well at least you got your bike between your legs lol ..i guess that would keep me sane to
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbuckzx7 View Post
6-7-08...until then
JRxGRUBZx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2008, 12:18 PM   #44
JRxGRUBZx

Bike(s):
07 zx6r (rip)

i did it a week before i got my bike ...i went in there like man this is going to be gay ..but i actually learned alot and when the instructor told me that i had to pass the written exam to move on to the riding part the next day i really started to pay attention ....
Quote:
Originally Posted by ruthlessimage View Post
not yet but i need and want too
Old 01-09-2008, 12:20 PM   #45
ThomAss
I like to ride

Experience: 1-3 months
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
07 CBR1000rr
06 CBR1000rr
05 CRF450r
09 Ruckus

Quote:
You're still a noob. I wouldn't read too much into it.
ThomAss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2008, 12:20 PM   #46
TnTEntR1
R.I.P Bobby K/ NY Matty

Experience: 6 years

Bike(s):
'06 Yama R1

Just get State Farm insurance with me and you'll feel all better!

...but seriously wear your gear and be safe, then you're GOOD to go!

Tuan Tran
MOTO-INSURANCE
Direct# 281-300-1333
"Like a Good Neighbor, TntEntR1 is there!"
TnTEntR1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2008, 12:22 PM   #47
JRxGRUBZx

Bike(s):
07 zx6r (rip)

just like a sells man lmao j/k .... i went to the suzuki dealership one day and they guy was like what u looking for and i said my first bike you know like a 600 no more nothing less....and says aww man come on you can handle the 1000 .... yea right
Quote:
Originally Posted by TntEntR1M.S01 View Post

Old 01-09-2008, 12:22 PM   #48
ruthlessimage
2007 GSX-R 600

Quote:
i did it a week before i got my bike ...i went in there like man this is going to be gay ..but i actually learned alot and when the instructor told me that i had to pass the written exam to move on to the riding part the next day i really started to pay attention ....
yeah my cousin told me the same thing, i tried to take the class with him but dam work owns me
ruthlessimage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2008, 12:25 PM   #49
JRxGRUBZx

Bike(s):
07 zx6r (rip)

you didnt scare me man but ifeel what you are going threw ... i think when your time is up its up ... i mean there is nothing you can do ....or is it .. maybe we miss certain warning signs that are just there (how i dunno) and we look passed it as nothing and boom ... either we are hurt or worse .. i mean it has happened to me with little things ... sorry to confuse anyone
Quote:
Originally Posted by JETG View Post
Okay one time I went up to the Shell, where they meet for the sunday ride. I was not able to ride that day, as my back was all messed up. I had a feeling that day that one of two people were going to go down. I didn't say anything as I didn't want to spook anyone, but sure enough it did happen.

The day we rode with YankeeR6 and he died I didn't feel anything. Nothing at all, we have all rode together and the ride was TAME nothing crazy and just riding. So anything can happen, if I have a feeling I dont do it. PERIOD. not worth leaving your family and friends behind. But always know that it can happen to anyone, I know as I would have never dreamed anything like that would have happed to anyone I ride with. The night before I was PMing with a motohouston member about riding in groups and different ride levels and death, then look what happened. It sucks to be in my shoes, there is not a day that goes by that I dont think about Matt and what happned. I can guarantee you that you dont want to live with that the rest of your life. Just always remember you walk out the door today, do you come back ??? is it fate or what is it ???

Sorry didnt mean to scare anyone, just think next time passing a car, or makeing that semi crazy move or going that fast. Cause it just might reach out and bite you and DEATH can happen. I know from experience.

J
Old 01-09-2008, 12:27 PM   #50
dbuck
Stayin' Young

Bike(s):
02 Honda Superhawk

Send a message via AIM to dbuck
Quote:
The day we rode with YankeeR6 and he died I didn't feel anything. Nothing at all, we have all rode together and the ride was TAME nothing crazy and just riding. So anything can happen, if I have a feeling I dont do it. PERIOD. not worth leaving your family and friends behind. But always know that it can happen to anyone, I know as I would have never dreamed anything like that would have happed to anyone I ride with. The night before I was PMing with a motohouston member about riding in groups and different ride levels and death, then look what happened. It sucks to be in my shoes, there is not a day that goes by that I dont think about Matt and what happned. I can guarantee you that you dont want to live with that the rest of your life. Just always remember you walk out the door today, do you come back ??? is it fate or what is it ???
J
I sure do miss Matty....

If you have an uneasy feeling, listen to your gut...

i.e. last weekend I went on a ride with CarbonR1/2 and BrutusTx....I held the rear and only went to the front twice all day (maybe 5 or 6 miles total out of 230). At lunch Clyde said, man I thought for sure you'd have blown by me right before entering Fayetville (this is the best part of the ride). I wasn't feeling it, I chilled out, enjoyed a RELAXED ride and took it for what it was worth...hang it up for a few weeks...it'll come back. If not, sell your bike and find something else to do
dbuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2008, 12:29 PM   #51
ruthlessimage
2007 GSX-R 600

Quote:
Originally Posted by TntEntR1M.S01 View Post

I have state farm, i got it from Pete that use to be on the site or he may still be i'm not sure.
Old 01-09-2008, 12:36 PM   #52
JRxGRUBZx

Bike(s):
07 zx6r (rip)

man awsome quote !!!!
Quote:
I am not sure if there is anything we can do. To me fate is just that fate, but there is changes in life. You have a fork in the road, you either go left or you go right, then that sets you on that course of fate. So in essences if you dont feel it, then dont ride. It might just be fate telling you something, it could save your life. I think it can, I have been thru all kinds of things in life, most that no one will ever experiece, and I would never wish that on anyone. Just live life in a positive fashion and when something does happen you will always be remembered for the positive things you did in life, not the negative.
Good luck with yall decision.

J
Old 01-09-2008, 12:41 PM   #53
JRxGRUBZx

Bike(s):
07 zx6r (rip)

*uck speeding ...
Old 01-09-2008, 12:48 PM   #54
amber|alexis

Experience: 4 years

Member Garage

Jet, you are really wise beyond your years.

amber|alexis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2008, 12:53 PM   #55
Sifu-TZ
#1 Satans' Buttnuggets

Feedback Rating: (1)

Bike(s):
Husky 450SMR motard

what you are experiencing is normal for new riders. what you are dreaming represents your basic fears. facing your fears and knowing that you are in control will see you through this. hiding from the bike or worrying about a gut feeling only increases the power your psyche has to make you uncomfortable. first know, not fear, but know you are going to die one day. there are cimcumstances every day that could lead to your demise but don't, likely due to paying attention while driving/walking/eating. black cats, walking under ladders, all that origionated when people thought there HAD to be a reason for things, and that you could avoid things with little personal ticks or habits that would ward off evil. hopefully the dark ages have passed and people realize that there is a lot you can't control, you just gotta roll with it.
don't let your head f*ck with you, you'll be fine!

Fastline motorcycle school grid marshal.
PM's open temporarily.
Sifu-TZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2008, 01:20 PM   #56
Mala Lingua
Optimistic Cynic

Bike(s):
'06 600RR (Mogee)
Phifty (Fuglee)

Quote:
Thanks guys for all your imput, i want to meet some for you guys but yall intimidate me cause i have not been riding as long as you guys. Anyway i hope it passes soon. thanks
Try not to fight against it or view it as a premonition. There are days when I get ready to ride when something just doesn't feel right, it's a gut thing I suppose. Whatever that feeling is, listen to, but dreams are something else. Your caution is warranted, and if you embrace that attitude and acknowledge that you're a safe rider riding within his skill level, it should ease as your experience and self-confidence grows.

Don't be intimidated! Most people are upfront about their riding style, so if you aren't sure, send someone who's organizing a ride a PM and just ask. Give yourself permission to leave a group ride if, at any time, you feel uncomfortable, and trust me, the folks who matter will understand.
Mala Lingua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2008, 01:20 PM   #57
Mala Lingua
Optimistic Cynic

Bike(s):
'06 600RR (Mogee)
Phifty (Fuglee)

Quote:
alright then well sunday mourning something will be going on i will pm you saturday
Grubz, I don't usually correct anyone's spelling, but in this case, considering the topic of the thread--morning. There will be no "Sunday mourning" whatsoever.

Quote:
Originally Posted by F4i amber View Post
i had a dream a couple of months ago, that i was entering an on-ramp (wasn't wearing a helmet). . .
For riders, this is the equivalent to dreaming about going to school naked.
Mala Lingua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2008, 01:21 PM   #58
amber|alexis

Experience: 4 years

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mala Lingua View Post
Grubz, I don't usually correct anyone's spelling, but in this case, considering the topic of the thread--morning. There will be no "Sunday mourning" whatsoever.

For riders, this is the equivalent to dreaming about going to school naked.
i don't know if Laurie and I can ever hang out. Everyone will probably hate us for correcting peoples' grammar and context

amber|alexis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2008, 01:54 PM   #59
ruthlessimage
2007 GSX-R 600

Quote:
Originally Posted by tz420 View Post
what you are experiencing is normal for new riders. what you are dreaming represents your basic fears. facing your fears and knowing that you are in control will see you through this. hiding from the bike or worrying about a gut feeling only increases the power your psyche has to make you uncomfortable. first know, not fear, but know you are going to die one day. there are cimcumstances every day that could lead to your demise but don't, likely due to paying attention while driving/walking/eating. black cats, walking under ladders, all that origionated when people thought there HAD to be a reason for things, and that you could avoid things with little personal ticks or habits that would ward off evil. hopefully the dark ages have passed and people realize that there is a lot you can't control, you just gotta roll with it.
don't let your head f*ck with you, you'll be fine!
thanks..
Old 01-09-2008, 01:56 PM   #60
ruthlessimage
2007 GSX-R 600

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mala Lingua View Post
Try not to fight against it or view it as a premonition. There are days when I get ready to ride when something just doesn't feel right, it's a gut thing I suppose. Whatever that feeling is, listen to, but dreams are something else. Your caution is warranted, and if you embrace that attitude and acknowledge that you're a safe rider riding within his skill level, it should ease as your experience and self-confidence grows.

Don't be intimidated! Most people are upfront about their riding style, so if you aren't sure, send someone who's organizing a ride a PM and just ask. Give yourself permission to leave a group ride if, at any time, you feel uncomfortable, and trust me, the folks who matter will understand.

cool...thanks for the info.

Advertisement