MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > Safety Corner > Gear Talk
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.


FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Reply
Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 01-09-2008, 11:02 AM   #21
logan5
Senior Member
 
logan5's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Friendswood
Feedback Rating: (5)
Posts: 5,805


Bike(s):
2001 SV 650 (my track ), 2005 SV 650s









They need to make a moto back pack that has ...

1) sternum or waist straps ... or even better .. both
2) reflective piping on the back and straps
3) pockets or loops on the front straps to hold ID and ipods and stuff like money for the toll
4) be water proof
5) be able to hold a hydration system

not much to ask is it?
__________________
Ben Franklin once told us that “The Constitution only gives people the right to pursue happiness. You have to catch it yourself.”
"Blessed are the young for they shall inherit the national debt" Herbert Hoover
logan5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Backpack Probs Cupial General Discussion (Moto Related) 32 02-20-2014 09:02 PM
Need a new backpack Nesto1000 Gear Talk 25 08-02-2013 12:35 AM
A* backpack? King Of Dirk General Discussion (Moto Related) 33 01-05-2012 02:50 PM
Backpack ? dc5-r General Discussion (Moto Related) 19 01-23-2009 09:58 AM
Advertisement
Old 01-09-2008, 11:05 AM   #22
DaveJHotch
davejhotch
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: BACLIFF, TX
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 569

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
07 GSXR 600 (Sold)
06 Triumph Daytona (Sold)
Yamaha Roadstar
Yamaha Venture
Honda Shadow (Sold)

Member Garage





Send a message via AIM to DaveJHotch Send a message via Yahoo to DaveJHotch
I've been using an Under Armour one, holds up well and holds a whole bunch of stuff.
DaveJHotch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2008, 12:28 PM   #23
Soup
Smells like lavender..
 
Soup's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: SW
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 335

Experience: 2 years

Bike(s):
Dirty6









Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulric View Post
Soup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2008, 03:37 PM   #24
Daily Triumph
Ugh gtfo :-/
 
Daily Triumph's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Hilcroft and Westheimer
Feedback Rating: (1)
Posts: 6,770


Bike(s):
2003 Aprilia Mille 1000 (Daily )
2002 Triumph TT600 sold
1992 Honda CBR F2 sold







Quote:
Originally Posted by logan5 View Post
They need to make a moto back pack that has ...

1) sternum or waist straps ... or even better .. both
2) reflective piping on the back and straps
3) pockets or loops on the front straps to hold ID and ipods and stuff like money for the toll
4) be water proof
5) be able to hold a hydration system
6) holds laptop and 3 text books
7) holds helmet
8) this would be a big fkn pack

not much to ask is it?
__________________
RIP Coachdave April 5, 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sifu-TZ View Post
one can only be hypocritcal with regard to ones' OWN statements and opinions, and not those of the others around. great, you can't sweep and you don't own a dictionary. I hope you're better with an iron and starch.
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilmckee View Post
apparently im a offender in Florida
Daily Triumph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2008, 09:58 PM   #25
04RSVR
Professional Jack @ss
 
04RSVR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: League City
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 3,195

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
BMW K1200 R Sport
Honda 305 Superhawk project bike
working on a motoped







these are highly recommended on the ape forum

http://kriega.com/pages_uk/home/topframeset.html

you can add accessories and there are a couple with optional hydration.
__________________
I believe in luck. The harder I work the more luck I seem to have.

"It is better to ride a slow bike fast, than a fast bike slow." -- Mann
04RSVR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2008, 10:09 PM   #26
blackhalo
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Huffman
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 298












Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveJHotch View Post
I've been using an Under Armour one, holds up well and holds a whole bunch of stuff.
+1
blackhalo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2008, 11:10 PM   #27
Magnum45
Member
 
Magnum45's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Katy
Feedback Rating: (1)
Posts: 69


Bike(s):
Honda CBR 600 RR









Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulric View Post
Hilarious
Magnum45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2008, 11:11 PM   #28
Magnum45
Member
 
Magnum45's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Katy
Feedback Rating: (1)
Posts: 69


Bike(s):
Honda CBR 600 RR









Quote:
Originally Posted by 04RSVR View Post
these are highly recommended on the ape forum

http://kriega.com/pages_uk/home/topframeset.html

you can add accessories and there are a couple with optional hydration.
These are nice kind of expensive, isn't like 50 pounds = to 100 dollars?
Magnum45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2008, 11:12 PM   #29
Magnum45
Member
 
Magnum45's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Katy
Feedback Rating: (1)
Posts: 69


Bike(s):
Honda CBR 600 RR









Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveJHotch View Post
I've been using an Under Armour one, holds up well and holds a whole bunch of stuff.

Im liking the style on these. What do you guys think?
http://www.dickssportinggoods.com/sm...i-1807250.html

Last edited by Magnum45; 01-09-2008 at 11:15 PM. Reason: oops
Magnum45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2008, 11:56 PM   #30
Squanto84
Ruh Roh..
 
Squanto84's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Pearland
Feedback Rating: (7)
Posts: 2,384

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+






Member Garage





Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveJHotch View Post
I've been using an Under Armour one, holds up well and holds a whole bunch of stuff.
Can anyone post up a link to the Under Armor stuff?

---I'm interested.

---- I'm an idiot, i just opened the link.. :doh:
__________________
Roadracing a dirtbike..? Now that's just stupid! -Dad

Last edited by Squanto84; 01-09-2008 at 11:58 PM.
Squanto84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2008, 04:25 AM   #31
dirtyrice411
Staying Stoned
 
dirtyrice411's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Pearland, TX
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 530


Bike(s):
03 R1 Limited Edition.









Send a message via AIM to dirtyrice411
I have a swiss army and it is durrable, light weight, comfortable, can fit a helmet, fasionable, and reletively cheep. plus it has capabilitys of hydration system. I wouldn't trade it for the world. It never leaves my side even when im in the car.

oh yea and if I stretch out the straps as far as they go, it tightly wraps around my frame sliders and turns into a tank bag. and it doesn't slip off.
__________________
"This is ain't checkers, this is chess"
dirtyrice411 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2008, 10:04 AM   #32
Daily Triumph
Ugh gtfo :-/
 
Daily Triumph's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Hilcroft and Westheimer
Feedback Rating: (1)
Posts: 6,770


Bike(s):
2003 Aprilia Mille 1000 (Daily )
2002 Triumph TT600 sold
1992 Honda CBR F2 sold







Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtyrice411 View Post
I have a swiss army and it is durrable, light weight, comfortable, can fit a helmet, fasionable, and reletively cheep. plus it has capabilitys of hydration system. I wouldn't trade it for the world. It never leaves my side even when im in the car.

oh yea and if I stretch out the straps as far as they go, it tightly wraps around my frame sliders and turns into a tank bag. and it doesn't slip off.
details on where/how you got it and price please
__________________
RIP Coachdave April 5, 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sifu-TZ View Post
one can only be hypocritcal with regard to ones' OWN statements and opinions, and not those of the others around. great, you can't sweep and you don't own a dictionary. I hope you're better with an iron and starch.
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilmckee View Post
apparently im a offender in Florida
Daily Triumph is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Advertisement


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:47 AM.


MotoHouston.com is not responsible for the content posted by users.
Privacy Policy