MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > Technical > How To's and Q & A's
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 01-05-2008, 10:36 PM   #1
SPHINX
Ominous Misanthropia

Feedback Rating: (0)

Bike(s):
2006 ZX6R
2005 749S

Send a message via AIM to SPHINX
How to install pazzo levers

So I got a set of pazzo levers to install on my zx6r, however, I misplaced the intruction manual before reading it
After carefully looking at the oem levers and at the pazzo levers I figure installation should be as easy as just replacing it, but I'm also concerned there are key things I should do when replacing the lever... like lubricating or adjusting them?
so can anyone give me some instructions on general on how to replace the clutch and brake levers?
SPHINX is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Pazzo-styled levers Lokati General Discussion (Moto Related) 108 12-11-2010 09:01 PM
Pazzo Levers CDN_bacon Performance and Modifications 26 11-18-2009 11:38 AM
Anyone use Pazzo Levers? Cbr954Dave General Discussion (Moto Related) 34 08-25-2008 06:34 PM
Pazzo Levers? ls_dm How To's and Q & A's 19 08-25-2007 04:10 AM
I just installed my Pazzo levers Swift E General Discussion (Moto Related) 25 11-09-2006 10:58 AM
Advertisement
Old 01-05-2008, 10:52 PM   #2
Texmex1
Bzzzzzzzzz

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
`
03 Ruckus
77 MT125R
89 GB500
2015 Xbox One

Taken frm a Kawi site:

Brake side: 10mm box-end wrench on the nut underneath. Then a flat-head screwdriver to get the screw out. Pull out the original handle. Put grease in the hole in the new handle. Put the new handle in place making sure that the brake switch goes into the spot on the handle. Replace screw. Put some blue loctite on the screw. Replace the nut.

Clutch side: Loosen the clutch adjustment so you have a lot of play in the lever. 5mm hex key to loosen the clutch handle clamp bolts. Mark the stock position (mine had a small dot on the clip-on that lined up with the break between the two parts, probably on every bike but check to make sure). Unhook the connector to the clutch switch. Small philips screwdriver to loosen the clutch switch screws. Remove the top screw, loosen the bottom. These have blue loctite on them stock so use a lot of pressure to avoid stripping the screws. When you have the bottom screw almost all the way out pull the switch toward you and swing it to the inside of the bike (it has a little tab in addition to the screws to line it up). Then 10mm box-end wrench to remove the bolt. Remove the bolt. Pull the lever out (you may have to finagle it a bit as it wants to interfere with the switch pack). Watch out for the bushing in the lever - mine fell right out and tried to roll away. Remove the clutch cable by running the cable through the two valleys in the lever and pulling out the end. Grease the big hole inside of the new lever. Insert the bushing and move it around to spread the grease. Pull out the clutch cable end and insert it into the new lever, running the cable out through the valleys. Insert the new lever into the holder. Be careful again not to lose that bushing. Insert the bolt. Add some blue loctite again and use that 10mm box end wrench to put the bolt back on. Put the clutch switch back into position and screw it back down. Reconnect the clutch switch connector. Then turn the lever back to the original position and tighten down the hex bolts with your 5mm key. Adjust your clutch so it has the stock 2-3mm of play.

Wipe up any excess grease that may have squished out.
Texmex1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2008, 10:52 PM   #3
txgsxrbob
THE SH*T STARTER IS BACK

Bike(s):
06 GSXR 1K SOLD !
2012 R1 Moto GP replica # 1287

PM patrick......
Quote:
Originally Posted by pester View Post
NOW WHERE IS TXGSXRBOB WHEN WE NEED HIM????
txgsxrbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2008, 10:55 PM   #4
PSYCHO1000
" 2 THE WALLS

Bike(s):
2005 GSXR PSYCHO1000, 2005 Kawi 636 Racebike

Definately use locktite! Speaking from experience!
PSYCHO1000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2008, 11:16 PM   #5
SPHINX
Ominous Misanthropia

Bike(s):
2006 ZX6R
2005 749S

Send a message via AIM to SPHINX
thanks for that post texmex.
SPHINX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2008, 11:24 PM   #6
Texmex1
Bzzzzzzzzz

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
`
03 Ruckus
77 MT125R
89 GB500
2015 Xbox One

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPHINX View Post
thanks for that post texmex.

No worries, if you don't feel like you want to tackle it, give me a call at the store on Tues.....

J.R.
Texmex1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2008, 01:45 AM   #7
J-Row
Gold MemberŪ

Experience: 8 years

Bike(s):
2007 1000RR, 2006 1000RR (STOLEN)

Quote:
Originally Posted by txgsxrbob View Post
PM patrick......