MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Closed Thread
Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 01-05-2008, 08:05 PM   #21
H2447INTX
H2447INTX-he is legendary

Feedback Rating: (12)

Experience: 6 years

Bike(s):
2011 kingquad 750axi
08 H.D.Softail Deluxe

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harveyjl2 View Post
HMMM TOM my bike has only two dealerships have been in my bike and one is stubbs rather not say and no one else nor have i touched anything on the motor. and I dont know how I have never had a problem with the bike until the day after a shop put the K&N filter on it. and I only put maybe 30 miles on it since the K&N was installed
WELL IF THEY PINCHED THE LINE THEN THE PRESURE IN THE CRANK WOULD GO UP AND THAT WOULD BLOW YOUR SEAL, SO IN FACT YOU MAY TAKE THE BILL TO THEM AND MAKE THEM COVER THE COST, I KNOW YOU GOT IT DONE ON WARN, BUT HEY MAYBE YOU COULD GET SOME CASH OUT OF IT! ANY WAY,

SIMPLE MAINT YOU SHOULD TRY TO DO YOURSELF, ONE IT SAVES YOU MONEY AND TWO YOU GET TO KNOW THE BIKE MORE AND HOW IT WORKS, SO THAT WHEN THINGS HAPPEN YOU WOULD HAVE A BETTER IDEA OF WHAT IT IS AND HOW YOU CAN FIX IT!
You let me down stubbs darranwil General Discussion (Moto Related) 22 05-18-2013 06:42 PM
Stubbs, anybody? Schmidie Events, Meets and Rides 13 09-17-2011 05:26 PM
Welcome Stubbs Cycles! Solracer General Discussion (Moto Related) 20 05-19-2008 01:17 PM
stubbs NO MORE F4I General Discussion (Moto Related) 31 05-19-2007 09:56 PM
Stubbs 1FastMF General Discussion (Moto Related) 0 03-02-2007 09:39 PM
Advertisement
Old 01-05-2008, 08:09 PM   #22
Jay SWAT
Keep it Rockin

Feedback Rating: (0)

Bike(s):
07 CBR1000rr, 86 GSXR1100, 92 GSXR600

Stubbs SW sales was all nice and helpful when i was buying my bike but a week later when i had issues with it they turned into complete a-holes. All they cared about was making the sale and then they pretty much gave me the finger. Unless they can seriously make me an incredible offer on my new bike, i'll be makin my purchase elsewhere.

Harvey may have just got good service b/c he knew somebody there.
Old 01-05-2008, 08:12 PM   #23
H2447INTX

Bike(s):
2011 kingquad 750axi
08 H.D.Softail Deluxe

Member Garage

I LIKE STUBBS BUT YEA I DID A AP ON LINE AND TALKED TO THEM THE NEXT DAY BOUT A NEW BIKE AND THEY SAID THEY WOULD GET BACK TO ME AND THEY DID BUT IT WAS LIKE A WEEK LATER AND I HAD ALREADY GOTTEN BOO, SO THEY WHER A WEEK TO LATE , BUT I TOOK IT TO STUBBS FOR THE FIRST SERVICE AND HAD THE ECU FLASHED AND THEY DID A GOOD JOB, THE TECK WAS GERMIN OR SOMETHING LIKE THAT HE SEAMED LIKE HE KNEW WHAT HE WAS DOING !

A+ FOR STUBBS !
Old 01-05-2008, 08:20 PM   #24
sillywabbit

Experience: 5 years

Bike(s):
Firebolt

Member Garage

It's always nice to go somewhere that you know someone you trust.

I trust Patrick.
Old 01-05-2008, 08:24 PM   #25
Harveyjl2
harveyjl2

Bike(s):
06 Suzuki GSXR600

well I know everyone has there owne opinion I thought I would tell everyone that stubbs is changeing they have been bought out by Richmond Suzuki. and they are try to turn it around and H2447INTX yeah maybe I should of changed the filter by myself but I didnt and I like the person I took it to. and he head helped me out before so I always try and help the people that help me
Old 01-05-2008, 08:26 PM   #26
H2447INTX

Bike(s):
2011 kingquad 750axi
08 H.D.Softail Deluxe

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by sillywabbit View Post
It's always nice to go somewhere that you know someone you trust.

I trust Patrick.
IF YOU CAN NOT DO MOST MAINT YOUR SELF YES TAKE IT TO SOME ONE YOU TRUST (PAT) I LIKE HIM I HAVE BOUT PARTS FROM HIM AND I THINK FROM WHAT I HAVE SEEN ON MH HE IS A GOOD GUY AND KNOWS HIS STUFF,

ME IF I HAD TO TAKE IT SOME PLACE YES PAT WOULD DO BUT I WILL TRY TO DO MOST WORK MY SELF, IF NOT ALL
Old 01-05-2008, 08:29 PM   #27
H2447INTX

Bike(s):
2011 kingquad 750axi
08 H.D.Softail Deluxe

Member Garage

Quote:
well I know everyone has there owne opinion I thought I would tell everyone that stubbs is changeing they have been bought out by Richmond Suzuki. and they are try to turn it around and H2447INTX yeah maybe I should of changed the filter by myself but I didnt and I like the person I took it to. and he head helped me out before so I always try and help the people that help me
THATS COOL PEOPLE MAKE MISTAKES SOME TIMES I DONT THING HE PINCHED THE LINE ON PERP AND IF HE IS A FRIEND I WOULDNT WORRY BOUT IT , GET WITH PATRIC OR SOME OF THE OTHER GUYS ON THERE AND SEE WHAT THEY CAN TEACH YOU ABOUT MAINT!

IT THINK PAT DOES SOME SAT CLASS AT HIS SHOP!

NICE TO SEE YOU GOT IT TAKEN CARE OF AND FAST TOO!

THAT IS A +FOR STUBBS
Old 01-05-2008, 08:52 PM   #28
H2447INTX

Bike(s):
2011 kingquad 750axi
08 H.D.Softail Deluxe

Member Garage

O YA IF YOUR CRANK CASE PRESURE WHEN UP TO HIGH YOU MAY HAVE GOTTEN OIL IN THE CUMBUTION CHAMBER AS WELL, IF THE BIKE IS RUNNING GOOD IT IS MOST LIKELY OK BUT YOU CAN HARM THE RINGS DOING THAT,

DID YOU SEE ANY SMOKE OR ANYTHING LIKE THAT WILE RIDING, DIDNT MISS OR RUN ROUGH? YOU CAN PULL YOUR PLUGS AND CHECK OR HAVE A PRESURE CHECK DONE ON YOUR EACH CHAMBER

ANY WAY
Old 01-05-2008, 08:58 PM   #29
DvlRacer
cerca trova

Feedback Rating: (52)

Member Garage

Thank you for explaining how forklift damage occurs. Now please go back a third time and read everything that was posted before you explained that. Maybe then(hopefully 3 really is a charm), you will notice that had no relation to anything at hand. If by chance you are saying that since the shop has to work on some of the bikes before they are sold due to shipping damage and damage done in the dealership, and that is what made it okay for them to take parts from a new bike and install them on yours...I disagree.

~Keith
"And so, this tiny metal deathtrap becomes known as the ultimate form of freedom. Like a steampunk cyborg, man and machine fuse to make a symbol of what you can become when style and speed matter more than safety and efficiency. Is it any wonder that some people just get mad every time they see a motorcycle go by? Because it challenges everything they have, while proving to them that they donít have enough."
Old 01-05-2008, 09:03 PM   #30
H2447INTX

Bike(s):
2011 kingquad 750axi
08 H.D.Softail Deluxe

Member Garage

?
Old 01-05-2008, 09:03 PM   #31
tomLSTD
LSTD Mob Cappo

Feedback Rating: (2)

Experience: 1-3 months
Trackdays: 1

Member Garage

Quote:
HMMM TOM my bike has only two dealerships have been in my bike and one is stubbs rather not say and no one else nor have i touched anything on the motor. and I dont know how I have never had a problem with the bike until the day after a shop put the K&N filter on it. and I only put maybe 30 miles on it since the K&N was installed
Here's the deal. I can't think of any good way to pull a seal that has been installed without doing some type of damage to it. I'm really curious to know which "seal" it was.

Regarding the kinked hose, sure, it can happen. But if it was a crankcase breather, it's aweful tough to have happen just by replacing a simple air filter.

Do yourself a big favor: learn all you can about your bike. It doesn't mean you have to be able to fix everything yourself, but you ought to be able to change a filter and other maintenance items yourself, or at least know about it.

Bring your bike to Patrick and crew at Motorcycles Unlimited- he'll get you in the right direction, as well as educating you about your bike at the same time.

Like I said in my PM reply to you, be careful who you trust. There's some shady folks out there, and I (and a lot of others) could tell you some hellacious horror stories about some shops. You mentioned two of them in the same thread...

I don't know what side of town you live on (I didn't look at your profile), but I along with several others I'm sure, would be happy to help you learn more about your bike. It will only benefit you in the long run I'll make time for you and would not mind having you by my shop to go over your bike and systems bit by bit.

Last edited by tomLSTD; 01-05-2008 at 09:05 PM.
Old 01-05-2008, 09:06 PM   #32
H2447INTX

Bike(s):
2011 kingquad 750axi
08 H.D.Softail Deluxe

Member Garage

+1
Old 01-05-2008, 09:09 PM   #33
t.dubya
Senor Member

Feedback Rating: (2)

Bike(s):
k7 gsxr 600 (now dead)

Quote:
Originally Posted by H2447INTX View Post
?
Please refrain from using all caps...see forum rules! It makes you look like a tool as well

stubbs = the suxors! high prices, questionable practices, they HAVE screwed a lot of people over!
Old 01-05-2008, 09:11 PM   #34
H2447INTX

Bike(s):
2011 kingquad 750axi
08 H.D.Softail Deluxe

Member Garage

sorry habit

been warned many times , and i am a tool can you gues what kind!

neener neener!

Advertisement