MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Closed Thread
Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 01-05-2008, 06:56 PM   #1
Harveyjl2
harveyjl2

Feedback Rating: (0)

Bike(s):
06 Suzuki GSXR600

Exclamation THE BEST IN THE SOUTHWEST STUBBS

last sunday ride I rode with the crew and my 06 GSXR 600 started leaking oil right before we turned down 362. So sunday morning he came to my apartment and loaded my bike in his truck and took it to work they found that the seal had busted whitch at the time they said it was manufacture defect. Then they overnighted the seal and Suzuki sent to wrong seal. Then they went to the extreme by pulling a 07 GSXR out of a crate and took it apart and took the seal out of it and put it on my bike. (try and find another shop that will do that!!!!) so then they filled it up with oil, left the oil cap off and started the bike and oil was pumping out of the oil cap went and did a further inspection and found that the vent hose from the crank case to the air box lid was pinched. (whitch I just had another shop put the K&N on). Fixed the kink and everything was good. I just wanted to let everyone know what this shop went through just to get my bike up and running for this sunday morning ride. Not only did they still cover it under warranty they had awsome customer service and let me know what was going on every step of the way. they will have my business forever yall should try them. they are GREAT

Last edited by Solracer; 01-05-2008 at 09:25 PM.
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
You let me down stubbs darranwil General Discussion (Moto Related) 22 05-18-2013 06:42 PM
Stubbs, anybody? Schmidie Events, Meets and Rides 13 09-17-2011 05:26 PM
Welcome Stubbs Cycles! Solracer General Discussion (Moto Related) 20 05-19-2008 01:17 PM
stubbs NO MORE F4I General Discussion (Moto Related) 31 05-19-2007 09:56 PM
Stubbs 1FastMF General Discussion (Moto Related) 0 03-02-2007 09:39 PM
Advertisement
Old 01-05-2008, 06:58 PM   #2
sbfuller
the crotch-rocketeer!

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
2006 Hayabusa (totaled)2007 Hayabusa, 2004 CRF 50

good to hear that!!!
Old 01-05-2008, 06:59 PM   #3
witchdoctor575
certified shutterbug

Feedback Rating: (11)

Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
07 triumph D675(sold)
05 busa LE (sold)
03 rc51 (sold)
99 superhawk (wrecked)
01 shadow 1100 (sold)

Member Garage

smiley bong
Old 01-05-2008, 07:01 PM   #4
Racer
Window Washer

Bike(s):
Nothing!!!! Sucks

Send a message via AIM to Racer
Thats nice of them
Old 01-05-2008, 07:02 PM   #5
Gixxer Geezer
All day long I'm shufflin

Feedback Rating: (3)

Bike(s):
06 honda vtx 1300
06 Busa limited. sold
2 Gixxer 600. sold
85 Honda Hurricane. sold
56 Triumph, 64 BSA, Thunderbolt, 66 BSA Lightning Bolt, 64 Honda Scrambler. all sold

Quote:
Originally Posted by witchdoctor575 View Post
smiley bong
thats always good to get a good report on a store or shop.. thanks..

hey doc.. give me some..

What part of "I Don't Care", Don't you Understand?
Old 01-05-2008, 07:02 PM   #6
txgsxrbob
THE SH*T STARTER IS BACK

Bike(s):
06 GSXR 1K SOLD !
2012 R1 Moto GP replica # 1287

I have bought 4 gixxer's there !!
Quote:
Originally Posted by pester View Post
NOW WHERE IS TXGSXRBOB WHEN WE NEED HIM????
Old 01-05-2008, 07:04 PM   #7
BigComfy

Experience: 1-3 months
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
SV1k (sold)
CRB6 Track Bike (sold)
Daytona 1200 (parted)
1st Gen FZ1 (sold)
1st Gen SV650 (sold)

Member Garage

Old 01-05-2008, 07:18 PM   #8
huyzel

Bike(s):
2006 CBR 1000rr

their sevice department might be good but their sales are crappy... and i dont like the idea of taking parts off new bikes to repair old ones are kinda blah... good for you and them being as it was warranty work where they make their money.
Old 01-05-2008, 07:19 PM   #9
DvlRacer
cerca trova

Feedback Rating: (52)

Member Garage

That's awesome but I would hate to buy a new bike there knowing they pull parts off their new bikes to fix people's used bikes. I also HIGHLY doubt they will tell the buyer that they pulled that bike apart. Maybe I'm a little biased b/c I loathe him, and I discredit any shop that would hire somebody with his background.

~keith

Edit: Huyzel beat me to it.
"And so, this tiny metal deathtrap becomes known as the ultimate form of freedom. Like a steampunk cyborg, man and machine fuse to make a symbol of what you can become when style and speed matter more than safety and efficiency. Is it any wonder that some people just get mad every time they see a motorcycle go by? Because it challenges everything they have, while proving to them that they donít have enough."

Last edited by Solracer; 01-05-2008 at 09:26 PM.
Old 01-05-2008, 07:34 PM   #10
Harveyjl2
harveyjl2

Bike(s):
06 Suzuki GSXR600

actually shops fix new bikes due to shipping damage and due to people sitting on bikes and dropping them. so what does that have to do with anything

Last edited by Solracer; 01-05-2008 at 09:26 PM.
Old 01-05-2008, 07:37 PM   #11
BigComfy

Bike(s):
SV1k (sold)
CRB6 Track Bike (sold)
Daytona 1200 (parted)
1st Gen FZ1 (sold)
1st Gen SV650 (sold)

Member Garage

I've had bad experiences with Stubbs SW. Nothing to do with mentioned person. Results from the service department was sub par(I'm being nice) and sales department couldn't match or come close to the price I gotfrom AJ Foyt.
Old 01-05-2008, 07:39 PM   #12
Harveyjl2
harveyjl2

Bike(s):
06 Suzuki GSXR600

well actually stubbs has been bought out by richmond suzuki so alot has changed there they use to not be a very good place to go but now everything has changed 100%.
Old 01-05-2008, 07:40 PM   #13
DvlRacer
cerca trova

Feedback Rating: (52)

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harveyjl2 View Post
actually shops fix new bikes due to shipping damage and due to people sitting on bikes and dropping them. so what does that have to do with anything
I'm sorry if you feel I ruined your fun...

What I said had 100% to do with this thread, if you must re-read it in order to understand that please do so accordingly.

On the other hand, the part of what I quoted you that I bolded(to make it easier for you to find) had absolutely nothing to do with what I said, unless of course they were removing that seal because someone had sat on that bike and dropped it.

~Keith

PS: I did state that not only was it *cool* of them to fix your bike like that, I even went to the extent to say it was "awesome"
"And so, this tiny metal deathtrap becomes known as the ultimate form of freedom. Like a steampunk cyborg, man and machine fuse to make a symbol of what you can become when style and speed matter more than safety and efficiency. Is it any wonder that some people just get mad every time they see a motorcycle go by? Because it challenges everything they have, while proving to them that they donít have enough."
Old 01-05-2008, 07:41 PM   #14
sbfuller
the crotch-rocketeer!

Bike(s):
2006 Hayabusa (totaled)2007 Hayabusa, 2004 CRF 50

i had heard it was new management. and i see no problem with them disassembling a new bike to fix one... they will get in an OEM part to put back on the new one and fix it just like the factory would have, and will still be covered under the warranty as if nothing had been taken off. how is that a problem. it'sd be different if they traded the parts... but the one that will be put back on the new bike is a NEW part, with 0 miles, and done by trained mechanics.... how is that bad?

Last edited by sbfuller; 01-05-2008 at 07:44 PM.
Old 01-05-2008, 07:44 PM   #15
Azylum
The Chosen One

Feedback Rating: (23)

Experience: 8 years
Trackdays: 2

glad you got your bike fixed mang.
Old 01-05-2008, 07:45 PM   #16
tomLSTD
LSTD Mob Cappo

Feedback Rating: (2)

Trackdays: 1

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harveyjl2 View Post
Then they overnighted the seal and Suzuki sent to wrong seal. Then they went to the extreme by pulling a 07 GSXR out of a crate and took it apart and took the seal out of it and put it on my bike. so then they filled it up with oil, left the oil cap off and started the bike and oil was pumping out of the oil cap went and did a further inspection and found that the vent hose from the crank case to the air box lid was pinched. (whitch I just had another shop put the K&N on).
Good on ya, glad you had a good experience. You are the very first person I have ever heard of that did, but good for you none the less.

So, to re-cap, they blamed your problem on a "factory defect", tried to replace it with a new part and got the wrong one in. Instead of waiting for the right part to come in, they pulled a used seal off a crated bike to fix yours (yup, once it's installed, it's officially "used")? I'm curious to know which "seal" failed.

Another little reference here, the "kinked" crankcase breather (if it's truly kinked where nothing passes) will/ can cause crankcase parts to fail (like seals...) and could cause serious engine issues as well. Hopefully you didn't put too many miles on it like that. Hopefully you got lucky and caught it early. Another little gem is that if you have too much crankcase pressure, you could have bigger problems than this.

Then, they intentionally started the bike with the filler cap off? Oil doesn't "pump" out of that hole, it's slung out by the clutch and other circulations. I can't think of a good reason to run the bike with the cap off... there's nothing diagnostic I can think of there. You can see oil moving through the site glass.

Also, if a shop only "installed" a K&N, they wouldn't have removed the air box (which would cause a kink), they would simply remove the airbox cover and remove the old filter and install a new one. It's incredibly simple to do. If the crankcase breather was "kinked", look to 'Zook again, 'cause unless you or someone else removed the air box, that means it came from the factory that way

Over the past 20 or so years, I was screwed by Southwest Honda/ Suzuki (which is now Stubb's Southwest) on a few occasions, and got bilked for some serious cash a couple of times since I was young, I didn't know what I was doing and didn't know any better. I learned my lesson, and they didn't change any since Stubb's bought them; I know this because I gave them another chance when the sale was done to see if Stubb's could correct the issues there (they all promised "things are different now"). Not to mention the innumerate horror stories I've heard from there. Made mine sound like child's play.

Good on ya for feeling like you got a good job, but I would FOR SURE take your bike to Patrick at Motorcycles Unlimited to make sure they didn't screw anything up.

Eff that place. I'll never darken their doors again, and I know I'm not in the minority either.
Old 01-05-2008, 07:48 PM   #17
Harveyjl2
harveyjl2

Bike(s):
06 Suzuki GSXR600

okay for people that dont know how shipping damage happens that could be a forklift driver running his forks in to a bike and that could crack anything. maybe not internaly but they can crack anything on the outside of the bike and they do not have to disclose any of it as long as it is a NEW part they replace it with. Now do you understand what i am saying
Old 01-05-2008, 07:51 PM   #18
BigComfy

Bike(s):
SV1k (sold)
CRB6 Track Bike (sold)
Daytona 1200 (parted)
1st Gen FZ1 (sold)
1st Gen SV650 (sold)

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomLSTD View Post
Eff that place. I'll never darken their doors again, and I know I'm not in the minority either.
Je suis d'accord avec toi mec.
Old 01-05-2008, 07:52 PM   #19
stlal
Superman

Bike(s):
99 F4 Track/2004 Yami Warrior

Send a message via MSN to stlal
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomLSTD View Post
Good on ya, glad you had a good experience. You are the very first person I have ever heard of that did, but good for you none the less.

So, to re-cap, they blamed your problem on a "factory defect", tried to replace it with a new part and got the wrong one in. Instead of waiting for the right part to come in, they pulled a used seal off a crated bike to fix yours (yup, once it's installed, it's officially "used")? I'm curious to know which "seal" failed.

Another little reference here, the "kinked" crankcase breather (if it's truly kinked where nothing passes) will/ can cause crankcase parts to fail (like seals...) and could cause serious engine issues as well. Hopefully you didn't put too many miles on it like that. Hopefully you got lucky and caught it early. Another little gem is that if you have too much crankcase pressure, you could have bigger problems than this.

Then, they intentionally started the bike with the filler cap off? Oil doesn't "pump" out of that hole, it's slung out by the clutch and other circulations. I can't think of a good reason to run the bike with the cap off... there's nothing diagnostic I can think of there. You can see oil moving through the site glass.

Also, if a shop only "installed" a K&N, they wouldn't have removed the air box (which would cause a kink), they would simply remove the airbox cover and remove the old filter and install a new one. It's incredibly simple to do. If the crankcase breather was "kinked", look to 'Zook again, 'cause unless you or someone else removed the air box, that means it came from the factory that way

Over the past 20 or so years, I was screwed by Southwest Honda/ Suzuki (which is now Stubb's Southwest) on a few occasions, and got bilked for some serious cash a couple of times since I was young, I didn't know what I was doing and didn't know any better. I learned my lesson, and they didn't change any since Stubb's bought them; I know this because I gave them another chance when the sale was done to see if Stubb's could correct the issues there (they all promised "things are different now"). Not to mention the innumerate horror stories I've heard from there. Made mine sound like child's play.

Good on ya for feeling like you got a good job, but I would FOR SURE take your bike to Patrick at Motorcycles Unlimited to make sure they didn't screw anything up.

I agree 100%. Every time i've walked in that place...even for cheap parts I felt like I was getting screwed.
Old 01-05-2008, 07:57 PM   #20
Harveyjl2
harveyjl2

Bike(s):
06 Suzuki GSXR600

HMMM TOM my bike has only two dealerships have been in my bike and one is stubbs rather not say and no one else nor have i touched anything on the motor. and I dont know how I have never had a problem with the bike until the day after a shop put the K&N filter on it. and I only put maybe 30 miles on it since the K&N was installed
Closed Thread

Advertisement