MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 01-06-2008, 08:20 AM   #61
Squoddybody
This is me.

Feedback Rating: (5)

Experience: 8 years
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
Custom 2003 SV650

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoFear View Post

There happy
Yeah, thanks.

follow me on IG - squoddybody
Squoddybody is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Gonna ride this afternoon, who else? ScooterTrash Off Topic 0 05-28-2006 12:05 PM
Anybody gonna ride 2-nite? Flying Scot General Discussion (Moto Related) 3 05-17-2006 01:53 PM
flip, se_ryder, and guero on flip's new toy SE_Ryder122 Off Topic 26 12-03-2005 06:31 PM
anyone gonna ride tonight? GsxrStar Events, Meets and Rides 14 11-25-2005 02:11 PM
flip cant ride ..sorry guys..cant find the keys.... flip326 Events, Meets and Rides 23 09-17-2005 01:48 PM
Advertisement
Old 01-06-2008, 10:01 AM   #62
sbfuller
the crotch-rocketeer!

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
2006 Hayabusa (totaled)2007 Hayabusa, 2004 CRF 50

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badzx14r View Post
well guys ...i never had no harley run me down ever ....not even on a fiddy
then your skills far exceed my own... congrats
sbfuller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2008, 07:36 AM   #63
ScooterTrash
ConroePowderCoating.com

Feedback Rating: (3)

Bike(s):
lots of em

Quote:
Originally Posted by exlaverda View Post
at least have the "fortitude" to do it to my face....
Tonight was the fifth time I waved at a fellow rider and got the one finger salute back from a sportbike rider... (this isn't directed at anyone here, unless you are the offending rider)

I'm an older rider and grew up believing anyone on two wheels is you're friend, I got nothing but friendly waves (or no waves) on my GSXR amd the one time I actually stopped by the side of the road, I was passed by many a HD rider among others.

I guess I'm trying to figure out if the "brotherhood" still exists, regardless of what you ride.. (I've only been fliped off since I got the HD) I realize everyone has stories about "this or that type: of bike rider, but WTF???

did I do something wrong???

Jeff
I have never had a metric flip me off. mostly they just dont wave, some do.

[QUOTE=Mr.D;2764337]
I respect scootertrash because well... He's like the Jesus of building and fixing .
[/QUOTE]
ScooterTrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2008, 07:37 AM   #64
ScooterTrash
ConroePowderCoating.com

Feedback Rating: (3)

Bike(s):
lots of em

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Unassailable View Post
maybe something fell off your HD and hit his bike....
jk, i agree with azylum
hahahahhaha and he was just pointing it out, thats all.

simpsons the doh 4900579

[QUOTE=Mr.D;2764337]
I respect scootertrash because well... He's like the Jesus of building and fixing .
[/QUOTE]
ScooterTrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2008, 07:55 AM   #65
marimirez
PW Reformed...

Bike(s):
2000 Can a tuna ~sold~ 06 Gixxer 600

I wave at everyone, HD guys included. But I will tell you that most of them dont wave back. I'll even get stupid looks from them shaking their heads as they pass me. And I wont lie, I lately I catch myself thinking twice about waving, but in the end I do it anyways. I don't know if it a sports bike in general, or a girl on a sports bike but the majority of them seem to have bad attitudes.
marimirez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2008, 08:21 AM   #66
witchdoctor575
certified shutterbug

Feedback Rating: (11)

Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
07 triumph D675(sold)
05 busa LE (sold)
03 rc51 (sold)
99 superhawk (wrecked)
01 shadow 1100 (sold)

Member Garage

I wave at all bikers... most wave back. I have gotten flipped off by hardly guys before for waving at them. some people are just dicks like that. I do notice that I get waved to less on the weekends... my theory is that "weekend warriors" think they are bad and don't wave at sport bike riders.
witchdoctor575 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2008, 08:47 AM   #67
IAHKAT

Feedback Rating: (0)

Bike(s):
M109R

I'm on a cruiser and find that most HD riders turn their nose up as soon as they realize that I am on a Suzuki.

Allot of HD riders are of the opinion that if you are not on a HD you are not a real biker nor a part of the "Brother Hood".

Could the wave become a lost art down the road? IMO as more bikes hit the road and our roadways become more crowded with motorcyclist the wave will slowly disappear.

I wave at anyone on two wheels expect for those bicyclist hats on 149.
Old 01-07-2008, 08:49 AM   #68
marimirez
PW Reformed...

Bike(s):
2000 Can a tuna ~sold~ 06 Gixxer 600

^^lol^^
I was riding down 242 on Sat, and even got waves from the kids on dirtbikes and four wheelers riding around.
marimirez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2008, 09:06 AM   #69
03.gsxr.1000

Bike(s):
2003 GSXR 1000

Let me start by saying that it was not me that flipped you off.

But, I wave at Harley/Cruiser riders all the time and rarely get a wave back. I have just stopped waving lately.

Live as if you will die tomorrow.
03.gsxr.1000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2008, 09:07 AM   #70
[poser]
"the un-original"

Trackdays: 4

Bike(s):
'o7 sv650s: Tundra DC 5.7: Trek 1.2
wish I had a motard / dual sport, it'll be next

Quote:
Originally Posted by exlaverda View Post
at least have the "fortitude" to do it to my face....
Tonight was the fifth time I waved at a fellow rider and got the one finger salute back from a sportbike rider... (this isn't directed at anyone here, unless you are the offending rider)

I'm an older rider and grew up believing anyone on two wheels is you're friend, I got nothing but friendly waves (or no waves) on my GSXR amd the one time I actually stopped by the side of the road, I was passed by many a HD rider among others.

I guess I'm trying to figure out if the "brotherhood" still exists, regardless of what you ride.. (I've only been fliped off since I got the HD) I realize everyone has stories about "this or that type: of bike rider, but WTF???

did I do something wrong???

Jeff
you know till recently I always waved at Harley rides, but I've always bagged on them for being big and over priced and out dated, though I had never ridden one. My folks recently bought an Electra Glide Ultra Classic [105th copper color, it sweet!] and they let me take it for a spin. I'll never bag on a HArley again, it rode so nice, felt balanced and had plenty of power. Took my wife for a ride and it was still smooth sailing. My dada also has a Boulivard C90T and it feels bigger and heavier than the Harley even though the opposite is true.

I would venture to guess those flipping you have never riden a Harley and won't because their to concerned with a certain "image", now I know the oposite holds true for many Harley riders, but I'll wave at anyone [even scooters LOL]

If it hase 2 wheels and a motor its ok by me, I consider myself a motorcycle , I'll ride anything LOL
Originally Posted by my father-in-law
Jason is hard to read, I can't always tell if he's joking or if his jugdment really is that bad
[poser] is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2008, 09:14 AM   #71
Fuzzy018

Experience: 6 years

Bike(s):
2009 HD Dyna - Super Glide

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azylum View Post
no you did nothing wrong. 99% of us will wave at anyone on two wheels. , i wave at mopeds. the guys that flip you off i can guarantee will never ride with me or anyone here.
+1 man

F*ck'em!!!
Fuzzy018 is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisement