Welcome back to us :/ Our hosts data center was down for the entire day.
MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 01-05-2008, 03:53 AM   #1
exlaverda

Feedback Rating: (0)

... if you're gonna flip me off because i ride a HD

at least have the "fortitude" to do it to my face....
Tonight was the fifth time I waved at a fellow rider and got the one finger salute back from a sportbike rider... (this isn't directed at anyone here, unless you are the offending rider)

I'm an older rider and grew up believing anyone on two wheels is you're friend, I got nothing but friendly waves (or no waves) on my GSXR amd the one time I actually stopped by the side of the road, I was passed by many a HD rider among others.

I guess I'm trying to figure out if the "brotherhood" still exists, regardless of what you ride.. (I've only been fliped off since I got the HD) I realize everyone has stories about "this or that type: of bike rider, but WTF???

did I do something wrong???

Jeff
'76 Laverda3CL....
PGR rider, and proud of it!
exlaverda is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Gonna ride this afternoon, who else? ScooterTrash Off Topic 0 05-28-2006 12:05 PM
Anybody gonna ride 2-nite? Flying Scot General Discussion (Moto Related) 3 05-17-2006 01:53 PM
flip, se_ryder, and guero on flip's new toy SE_Ryder122 Off Topic 26 12-03-2005 06:31 PM
anyone gonna ride tonight? GsxrStar Events, Meets and Rides 14 11-25-2005 02:11 PM
flip cant ride ..sorry guys..cant find the keys.... flip326 Events, Meets and Rides 23 09-17-2005 01:48 PM
Advertisement
Old 01-05-2008, 04:03 AM   #2
Azylum
The Chosen One

Feedback Rating: (23)

Experience: 8 years
Trackdays: 2

no you did nothing wrong. 99% of us will wave at anyone on two wheels. , i wave at mopeds. the guys that flip you off i can guarantee will never ride with me or anyone here.
Old 01-05-2008, 05:32 AM   #3
Stacy
One day at a time!

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 6 years

Bike(s):
99 Ninja 250
04 Honda f4i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azylum View Post
no you did nothing wrong. 99% of us will wave at anyone on two wheels. , i wave at mopeds. the guys that flip you off i can guarantee will never ride with me or anyone here.
+ a million!!! For the guys that felt it necessary to give u the one fingered salute....those bishes can suck it!!

I wave at everbody on the road too, but I especially love the waves the peeps on mopeds return...it's like they're all kinds of excited that they've been acknowledged.

Last edited by Stacy; 01-05-2008 at 05:33 AM. Reason: stupidity
Stacy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2008, 06:12 AM   #4
Jay SWAT
Keep it Rockin

Bike(s):
07 CBR1000rr, 86 GSXR1100, 92 GSXR600

Those guys givin the bird are a-holes. We're all in the same boat together. If a car hits me on my sportbike, i'm gonna be jacked up the same way as if you get hit on your cruiser. Its us against the cagers. The wave is acknowledgement that we both realize we're in the same danger out there.
Old 01-05-2008, 06:14 AM   #5
ysr612

Bike(s):
Transalp, DRZ, Hurricane

If you had really loud pipes I could see it, but he shouldn't have been able to tell that unless he was behind you.
ysr612 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2008, 07:05 AM   #6
Mr. Unassailable
1-20-2013-Change we need

Feedback Rating: (6)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Member Garage

maybe something fell off your HD and hit his bike....

jk, i agree with azylum
Old 01-05-2008, 07:49 AM   #7
Jesse H

Feedback Rating: (5)

Bike(s):
05 Harley Road King

I don't even bother waving unless somebody initiates. Many of the Harley riders I wave to ignore me.
Old 01-05-2008, 08:46 AM   #8
sbfuller
the crotch-rocketeer!

Feedback Rating: (1)

Bike(s):
2006 Hayabusa (totaled)2007 Hayabusa, 2004 CRF 50

i've flipped off a harley rider.... i extended my hand in a wave for a good 2 secods, he looked right at me and turned away, so i flipped him off. he turned around a sped to catch up then called me on it at the stoplight... he asked why , i told him... he said he didn't want to wave at me, and i told him , well i wanted to flip you off then
sbfuller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2008, 08:55 AM   #9
witchdoctor575
certified shutterbug

Feedback Rating: (11)

Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
07 triumph D675(sold)
05 busa LE (sold)
03 rc51 (sold)
99 superhawk (wrecked)
01 shadow 1100 (sold)

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbfuller View Post
i've flipped off a harley rider.... i extended my hand in a wave for a good 2 secods, he looked right at me and turned away, so i flipped him off. he turned around a sped to catch up then called me on it at the stoplight... he asked why , i told him... he said he didn't want to wave at me, and i told him , well i wanted to flip you off then

lol
witchdoctor575 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2008, 09:28 AM   #10
txgsxrbob
THE SH*T STARTER IS BACK

Bike(s):
06 GSXR 1K SOLD !
2012 R1 Moto GP replica # 1287

I WAS NOT ME !!! if a cruiser waves at me i WAVE BACK !! we can all get along !!
Quote:
Originally Posted by pester View Post
NOW WHERE IS TXGSXRBOB WHEN WE NEED HIM????
txgsxrbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2008, 09:29 AM   #11
dbuck
Stayin' Young

Bike(s):
02 Honda Superhawk

Send a message via AIM to dbuck
I only give the bird to HD riders who are too cool to wave back...I usually throw the duece and then if I get nothing in return, I send em a little birdie while standing on my pegs so the group of 15 or so that didn't see my wave the first time don't have an excuse if I'm acting a fool
dbuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2008, 09:34 AM   #12
magzx12r

I wave at all riders. Most of the time, they wave back. If they don't wave back, so be it. No need to flip them off.
Old 01-05-2008, 09:43 AM   #13
cyclesnoopy

Bike(s):
2009 ninja 650r

Send a message via Yahoo to cyclesnoopy
the people who flip you off are probably helmetless,jacketless,bootless,gloveless,etc.... popping wheelies in traffic.... doing 150 mph on 610.... gettting scrapped off the pavement....

in other words, braindead morons.

if your on two wheels i'll wave at ya!
cyclesnoopy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2008, 09:52 AM   #14
NoFear
Busa Chairman of Posing

Feedback Rating: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by exlaverda View Post
Tonight was the fifth time I waved at a fellow rider and got the one finger salute back from a sportbike rider... (this isn't directed at anyone here, unless you are the offending rider)

I'm an older rider and grew up believing anyone on two wheels is you're friend, I got nothing but friendly waves (or no waves) on my GSXR amd the one time I actually stopped by the side of the road, I was passed by many a HD rider among others.

I guess I'm trying to figure out if the "brotherhood" still exists, regardless of what you ride.. (I've only been fliped off since I got the HD) I realize everyone has stories about "this or that type: of bike rider, but WTF???

Jeff

To Wave or Not to Wave

By Shalom Auslander

I love motorcycles, and I love riding. Like many of you, what first drew me to bikes was not just the experience of riding, but the feeling that I'd become part of a special community—a brotherhood, really. Nothing calms me more than a long ride down the interstate, waving to the members of my beloved clan. Except when I pass Harley guys. I hate Harley guys. Hate, hate, hate. When they pass me on the highway, you know what I do? I don't wave. With their little tassle handlebars and the studded luggage and the half-helmets—, they drive me crazy.

You know who else I hate? BMW guys. Oh, I do hate those guys. I don't wave at them, either. They think they're so great, sitting all upright, with their 180-degree German engines. , I hate them. They're almost as bad as those old bastards on their touring motorcycles. You know what I call those bikes? "Two-wheeled couches!" Get it? Because they're so big. They drive around like they've got all day. Appreciate the scenery somewhere else, Grampa, and while you're at it, I'm not waving to you.

Ducati guys—I don't wave at them either. Why don't they spend a little more money on their bikes? "You can have it in any color you want, as long as it's red." Aren't you cool! Like they even know what a desmo-whatever engine is, anyway. Try finding the battery, you Italian-wannabe racers! I never, ever wave at those guys.

Suzuki guys aren't much better, which is why I never wave at them, either. They always have those stupid helmets sitting on top of their stupid heads, and forbid they should wear any safety gear. They make me so mad. Sometimes they'll speed by and look over at me and you know what I do? I don't wave. I just keep on going. Please, don't get me started on Kawasaki guys. Ninjas? What are you, twelve years old? Team Green my . I never wave at Kawasaki guys.

I ride a Honda, and I'll only wave at Honda guys, but even then, I'll never wave at a guy in full leathers. Never, never, never. Yeah, like you're going to get your knee down on the New York Thruway. Nice crotch, by the way. Guys in full leathers will never get a wave from me, and by the way, neither will the guys in two-piece leathers. And I'll tell you who else I'm not waving at—those guys with the helmets with the loud paintjobs. Four pounds of paint on a two pound helmet–like I'm going to wave back to that! I'll also never wave at someone with a mirrored visor. Or helmet stickers. Or racing gloves. Or hiking boots.

To me, motorcycling is a like a family, a close-knit brotherhood of people who ride Hondas, wear jeans and a leather jacket (not Vanson) with regular gloves and a solid-color helmet with a clear visor, no stickers, no racing gloves and regular boots (not Timberlands). And isn't that what really makes riding so special?
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength-
NoFear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2008, 10:03 AM   #15
logan5

Bike(s):
2001 SV 650 (my track ), 2005 SV 650s

I even wave to bicycle riders ... those that don't wave back are just ... don't give them any mind but pitty.
Old 01-05-2008, 10:04 AM   #16
Gryphin
09 r1!

Feedback Rating: (9)

Experience: 4 years
Trackdays: 2

Bike(s):
09 Yamaha R1
06 Ninja ZX-6R (RIP)

Member Garage

Send a message via AIM to Gryphin
well you see if i dont get a wave back , you might catch the bird in the mirror, but if you wave back your alright in my book and we go our ways.
Old 01-05-2008, 10:11 AM   #17
Master_Of_Pain
Powa Ranga Action Figure

Quote:
Originally Posted by exlaverda View Post

Jeff

It all started when you purchased the Hardley. Yes. There is only one logical course of action. Get a nice Titanium and Kevlar stuntsuit, get your Harley rolling as fast as it can go under it's own power, if it will start, get it high into the double digits on the feeder of 59 south, point it towards Eximport, hit the ramp and do a flying Jesus off the bike seconds before it impacts into the lobby. With any luck you'll take out most of the staff on the impact, since they all tend to hang out by the front counter, and you'll be able to get a real motorcycle at a good discount afterward.

Master_Of_Pain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2008, 10:27 AM   #18
train460
speed junky

Feedback Rating: (2)

Bike(s):
88 v-max
05 Honda Goldwing
85 V-max (wifes)
05 Vtx 1300 (wifes)

I wave at everyone also. My v-max from the front could be mistaken as a hardley i guess as a lot of young sportbike riders think that ALL cruisers are hardleys. i have to look for a radiator to tell the differance myself.
I am guessing it is just you
Michael
88 v-max
train460 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2008, 10:29 AM   #19
Master_Of_Pain
Powa Ranga Action Figure

Quote:
Originally Posted by train460 View Post
I wave at everyone also. My v-max from the front could be mistaken as a hardley i guess as a lot of young sportbike riders think that ALL cruisers are hardleys. i have to look for a radiator to tell the differance myself.
I am guessing it is just you
Michael
Heh, my Vmax either scares the out of people or makes them stare as if they can't quite understand it.
Master_Of_Pain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2008, 10:29 AM   #20
Scorpio
Twist the Grip, Let'r Rip

Feedback Rating: (6)

450x sumo (sold)
RC51 (sold)
Honda Grom 125(sold)

Member Garage

Send a message via AIM to Scorpio
Quote:
Originally Posted by Master_Of_Pain View Post
Get a nice Titanium and Kevlar stuntsuit, get your Harley rolling as fast as it can go under it's own power, if it will start, get it high into the double digits on the feeder of 59 south, point it towards Eximport, hit the ramp and do a flying Jesus off the bike seconds before it impacts into the lobby. With any luck you'll take out most of the staff on the impact, since they all tend to hang out by the front counter, and you'll be able to get a real motorcycle at a good discount afterward.

this sounds like something you've been pondering for a while now.
Scorpio is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisement