MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > Stunters Lounge
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.


FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Reply
Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 01-04-2008, 12:25 PM   #1
Prodigy
Senior Member
 
Prodigy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Sugarland Texas
Feedback Rating: (1)
Posts: 3,573

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
Honda 1000rr
Kawasaki ZX6r
Honda CBR F4i
Suzuki Gsxr750
T-Rex

Member Garage





Obama doing a wheelie

Now that I got your attention has anyone besides me noticed just how much the stunt scene in Houston has grown over the last year. In 2005 we had the XSBA championships at Reliant Arena and nobody really cared. Imagine what it would be like if they came back to Houston Now.

You have so many people stunting 50's and now it seems that stunters are comming outta the wood work. I would like to say that the Delinquents stunting at ASI every week has something to do with people wanting to learn. However I feel if it wasnt for Matt l bringing the slow parking lot style to west rd where everyone use to meet 3 years ago I wonder if we would all still be doing power wheelies and running from the cops?

Stunt riding as a whole has come along way in the last 3 or 4 years. With the formation of the XDL and now that the AMA no longer views stuntriding as a nuisance do you guys think that if stunters started using number plates like many of the racers it would give the sport more credibilty and maybe it might get picked up by the X-Games?
Prodigy is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
School Children Sing Praise to Obama! Heil Obama!! FlipSideUp Off Topic 16 09-26-2009 04:47 PM
How Did Obama Feel About Wright in 1995 - Audio From Obama's Own Mouth hotnanas The Circus 18 11-01-2008 08:52 PM
Berg vs. Obama Dismissed.... (About Obama's Citizenship) Mr. Unassailable The Circus 96 10-29-2008 11:50 AM
how to wheelie Azylum General Discussion (Moto Related) 17 12-28-2007 06:42 PM
wheelie bigbrian General Discussion (Moto Related) 13 08-09-2006 11:25 AM
Advertisement
Old 01-04-2008, 12:29 PM   #2
Whorenet
Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: NWC
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 8,903


Bike(s):
cbr600, cbrxx 1100 blackbird, kazuma 110 derty, springer forked 1/2 chopper...more to come









User is banned

.
Whorenet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2008, 12:31 PM   #3
Candy
The Most Intolerable bish
 
Candy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: H-Town
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 4,209

Experience: 6 years
Trackdays: 7

Bike(s):
'06 GSXR 1000
'02 GSXR 750



Member Garage





Send a message via Yahoo to Candy
I gotta credit most of u bad stunters for giving the sport the spark it needs, keeping it interesting to watch. These steps forward can mostly be attributed to the demand of the audiences and u keep giving them more to expect!! keep up the good work guys!

__________________
Bringing Color To A Face Near You
Candy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2008, 12:32 PM   #4
Gimpin2Fold
Wake up already
 
Gimpin2Fold's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 4,449












Quote:
Originally Posted by Prodigy View Post
naked jumping up and down

wtf? you have to find some naked jumping up and down now. you shouldnt post under a false title, gives me false hope:/:
Gimpin2Fold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2008, 12:53 PM   #5
jus10
Loading...
 
jus10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 2,160

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
KX TooNifty









Joe, I don't think you need number plates or anything, keep doing what ya been doing. Think about how long it was before X-Games picked up FMX. It will happen...stunting is becoming more and more mainstream.

If you stunt it, they will come!
jus10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2008, 12:55 PM   #6
ketta
Guest
 
Posts: n/a







Member Garage





Quote:
Originally Posted by 1FastGSXR View Post
I gotta credit most of u bad stunters for giving the sport the spark it needs, keeping it interesting to watch. These steps forward can mostly be attributed to the demand of the audiences and u keep giving them more to expect!! keep up the good work guys!

+1

i've watched several of the guys practice to make sure they get everything perfect. everytime i see ya'll, you guys are getting soo much better. i love watching ya'll stunt. you keep it interesting
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2008, 01:09 PM   #7
Prodigy
Senior Member
 
Prodigy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Sugarland Texas
Feedback Rating: (1)
Posts: 3,573

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
Honda 1000rr
Kawasaki ZX6r
Honda CBR F4i
Suzuki Gsxr750
T-Rex

Member Garage





Quote:
Originally Posted by 1FastGSXR View Post
I gotta credit most of u bad stunters for giving the sport the spark it needs, keeping it interesting to watch. These steps forward can mostly be attributed to the demand of the audiences and u keep giving them more to expect!! keep up the good work guys!

thanks personally ive always given it my all regardless if its a 1 or 100 people watching and I know that others do it was well.
Prodigy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2008, 01:14 PM   #8
Candy
The Most Intolerable bish
 
Candy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: H-Town
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 4,209

Experience: 6 years
Trackdays: 7

Bike(s):
'06 GSXR 1000
'02 GSXR 750



Member Garage





Send a message via Yahoo to Candy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prodigy View Post
thanks personally ive always given it my all regardless if its a 1 or 100 people watching and I know that others do it was well.
Well Joe....it SHOWS!!! That's how ASI grew so largely!! People wanna see the shyt ya'll do with such ease!

I enjoy watching u guys progress each time i get a chance (or invited) 2 come watch. Ur love for it shows in ur commitment 2 it.

U need a SF sponsor, u let me KNOW!!!
__________________
Bringing Color To A Face Near You
Candy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2008, 01:25 PM   #9
Vandals
Scooter
 
Vandals's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: WACO
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 4,359

Experience: 8 years
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
2003 Yamaha r1
1981 Honda Trail 110 -"The Tank"








Quote:
Originally Posted by 1FastGSXR View Post
Well Joe....it SHOWS!!! That's how ASI grew so largely!! People wanna see the shyt ya'll do with such ease!

I enjoy watching u guys progress each time i get a chance (or invited) 2 come watch. Ur love for it shows in ur commitment 2 it.

U need a SF sponsor, u let me KNOW!!!
I used to love riding out with the crew out to asi on wednesday nights when that was the place to be. Watching the guys stunt taught me how to wheelie my 250 Even though there were alot of dumbasses that ruined it, it still brught in tons of spectators
Vandals is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2008, 01:43 PM   #10
mekrew
naaaaaw i sayin
 
mekrew's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Feedback Rating: (4)
Posts: 9,778

Experience: 1-3 months
Trackdays: 10+






Member Garage





Send a message via AIM to mekrew
im amazed how big the stunt crowd is with this stuntwars event ..... all i can do is smile ... and stop from pulling my hair out .. well i cant really do that but w/e
mekrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2008, 06:06 PM   #11
Mala Lingua
Optimistic Cynic
 
Mala Lingua's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: SE Side!
Feedback Rating: (5)
Posts: 10,983

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
'06 600RR (Mogee)
Phifty (Fuglee)





Quote:
Originally Posted by mekrew View Post
im amazed how big the stunt crowd is with this stuntwars event ..... all i can do is smile ... and stop from pulling my hair out .. well i cant really do that but w/e
S'okay if you pull your hair out Greg; I held onto the wig for ya.
Mala Lingua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2008, 06:49 PM   #12
D_1STUNNA
HOUSTON PHIFTY DOMINATION
 
D_1STUNNA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: HOUSTON TEXAS
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 413


Bike(s):
05 GIXXER 6









THIS STUNT GAME HAS GONE INSANE....AFTER GETTIN INTO IT THATS ALL I WANNA DO ITS BOTH A MENTAL AND VERY PHYSICAL GAME(ESPECIALLY WRECKIN) I LOVE IT AND HOPE TO CONTINUE AND TEACH MY KIDS A LIL SOMETHIN BOUT RIDIN...I HOPE IT GOES BIG AND HOPE TO BE HERE WHEN IT DOES GO BIG!!! BE SAFE
D_1STUNNA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2008, 10:31 PM   #13
Cody_Rules
this.
 
Cody_Rules's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: S.E. side
Feedback Rating: (3)
Posts: 3,850

Experience: 5 years

Bike(s):
650r nekkid




Member Garage





Send a message via AIM to Cody_Rules
Its what made me meet hd and Hpd Some of the coolest peeps ive ever met and yes i still wanna learn slow stuff lol
__________________
cody Rules
Cody_Rules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2008, 10:53 PM   #14
Dgig
Senior Member
 
Dgig's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: humble
Feedback Rating: (1)
Posts: 648


Bike(s):
06 gsxr 600









I was there in 2005 when it was in the reliant the night before they practiced at the motorhouston speed way, by rio bravo but at the reliant the strip of pavement was slick and there wheels kept on spinning kinda sucked for them but I remeber that was some good old times
Dgig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2008, 05:34 AM   #15
King Cobra
Army Paratrooper
 
King Cobra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Vicenza, Italy
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 288

Experience: 7 years
Trackdays: 2

Bike(s):
01 929rr
06 F4i
00 F4




man i miss the old victory and west road days!
__________________
forumsig 1
King Cobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2008, 05:44 AM   #16
Azylum
The Chosen One
 
Azylum's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Ellington
Feedback Rating: (23)
Posts: 39,629

Experience: 8 years
Trackdays: 2











Quote:
Originally Posted by Prodigy View Post
Now that I got your attention has anyone besides me noticed just how much the stunt scene in Houston has grown over the last year. In 2005 we had the XSBA championships at Reliant Arena and nobody really cared. Imagine what it would be like if they came back to Houston Now.

You have so many people stunting 50's and now it seems that stunters are comming outta the wood work. I would like to say that the Delinquents stunting at ASI every week has something to do with people wanting to learn. However I feel if it wasnt for Matt l bringing the slow parking lot style to west rd where everyone use to meet 3 years ago I wonder if we would all still be doing power wheelies and running from the cops?

Stunt riding as a whole has come along way in the last 3 or 4 years. With the formation of the XDL and now that the AMA no longer views stuntriding as a nuisance do you guys think that if stunters started using number plates like many of the racers it would give the sport more credibilty and maybe it might get picked up by the X-Games?

i see exactly where youre coming from. i think using number plates may or may not give you more "credibility", but will definitely give you guys more of a professional appeal. lets face it, the "outsiders" view stunting as a bunch of kids popping wheelies on the freeway causing a ruccus. but anytime a number identification tag is used, its understood that its in a closed course done by pros, and is taken very seriously, no matter WHAT sport it is, therefore may attract some of your more "positive" attention.
__________________
motohoustonlogo
Bringing back the old school.
Azylum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2008, 09:04 AM   #17
SBK Pilot
non playa hatar
 
SBK Pilot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Heights
Feedback Rating: (1)
Posts: 5,570

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
:: 05 GSXR 750 ::

:: 07 GSXR 1K ::
:: 11 ZUMA 125 ::
stop listing what u sold here - nobody cares...






Quote:
Originally Posted by Prodigy View Post
do you guys think that if stunters started using number plates like many of the racers it would give the sport more credibilty and maybe it might get picked up by the X-Games?
1 word:

6uimn0x

b/c only 1 person get the #1 plate... and you have to EARN it... end of season awards & plates #1-10 reserved...

competition numbers FTW...
SBK Pilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Advertisement


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:15 AM.


MotoHouston.com is not responsible for the content posted by users.
Privacy Policy