Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

View Poll Results: Why do we ride!!!
Simply for the fun of it 84 44.92%
Because it is a good way to pick up chicks 6 3.21%
Because it is a good way to pick up guys 1 0.53%
For the comradery and hanging out with friends 19 10.16%
Simply for transportation 5 2.67%
Gas is expensive and bikes have great fuel economy 4 2.14%
Because I know many of my friends cant! 1 0.53%
It is a way to escape (refuge / solice) for a short while 67 35.83%
Voters: 187. You may not vote on this poll

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 01-06-2008, 11:26 AM   #41
Feedback Rating: (0)

2012 R1 Moto GP replica # 1287

+1 for hov !!!
Originally Posted by abelrob View Post
I would join in but my KAWI is BROKE THE FU*K down again SO I BOUGHT A BUSA !!
Originally Posted by pester View Post
txgsxrbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Southeast meet to ride to 2/22/2014 noob ride in the cpuntry zx6r-25580 Events, Meets and Rides 17 02-23-2014 02:16 AM
Too Broke to Ride MSRH w/ Ride Smart this weekend? I'll cover half. cyon Taking it to the Track 57 07-12-2013 09:00 PM
CENTERAL meet ride to: Nooooooooob!!!!!!!! SW Sunday Ride. 7/22 little6 Events, Meets and Rides 11 07-21-2012 07:46 PM
BENEFIT Ride - April 16th (Lindsay Foundation - ride for the bear) KSims1868 General Discussion (Moto Related) 5 04-11-2011 08:10 AM
RIDE RIDE RIDE. Southeast Side. bane_shecker Stunters Lounge 5 12-03-2010 07:10 AM
Old 01-06-2008, 07:16 PM   #42
Motorcycles Unlimited
Feedback Rating: (2)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

'14 Speed Triple R, '82 CB900F, '13 Streetglide

Needs to be a multiple choice poll.
Call or PM for the BEST PRICES in Houston for PARTS and ACCESSORIES.

NEED GEAR? We have a great selection in stock but if we need to order it we GUARANTEE FIT!
Where Houston riders go to have their bikes worked on, done right the first time!

1964 FM 1960 West
Houston, TX 77090
Hours: Tues.-Fri. 9:30-6:00 Sat. 9-5:30
Patrick is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2008, 07:44 PM   #43
Window Washer

Nothing!!!! Sucks

Send a message via AIM to Racer
For The Fun
Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2008, 09:00 PM   #44

Experience: 8 years
Trackdays: 10+

'05 GSXR 750-Totaled
'01 KX60-mini-tard

Voted as a way to escape but it's much more (Riding has even lowered my blood pressure by 10 points)

I ride for the fun of it. I can think of few funner times than this past year I've had riding. I went from just wanting to have a motorcycle to a track junkie. Not many people in the world ever get to ride on race tracks for fun! Freaking Race Tracks!

Chics dig it - This is a by-product - not something I ride for - just happens -My girl first met me when I was on my bike - said the first thing she noticed about me was that I was carrying a helmet. Women in parking lots even come up to me and say it's hot to see a guy on a bike (yeah, they mean me) I even got patted on the in Walgreens. & Talk about your track day - Forget about it -

Friends, comradary - I've made friends who seem like I've known all my life & hope to remain friends for the rest of it.

My friends who don't ride think I'm nutz - nailing the curves at TWS (Texas World Speedway), crashing at MSRH (soon to be nailing those curves!), $1.70 in an undisclosed location - Yeah Baby!
'05 GSXR 750
'01 KX60
slo_rdr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2008, 01:17 PM   #45
Get Low, Get Fast

Send a message via Yahoo to Jimmy
I'll tell you why I ride . . .

I can respect everyones request for a multiple poll, but then I think we would get 3 or 4 answers, answered by everyone . . . and therefore, not really get the true reason. By having to answer one, we get to see what answer matters most. For example, if someone were going to take your bike away (reposession lets say), then what would be the one reason you would plead to the officer to let you keep your bike. That is the one answer I want.

For the most part, the poll is saying that everyone prefers to ride because of the fun of it. I would agree. Although, riding with friends is a close second and using it as tranportation is a great reason too. But there is something to be said about jumping on the bike and hitting a curve riding low. There is something to be said about dropping the gear by one and hitting a little faster speed. There is something to be said about seeing another biker on the road who you don't know, but for a few miles you kind of watch each other ride and the turn comes up and that stranger goes another way. Lastly, there is something to be said about seeing another rider on the road that happens to be a girl who can really ride too! Impressive. All of that is fun. And that is what I would tell someone who is about to take my bike. lol.
Jimmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2008, 06:11 PM   #46
a.k.a Dos Equis
Feedback Rating: (5)

'13 Victory Cross Country
'13 Victory Judge

Member Garage

I voted for the first option.

I think we can all relate to the following:

The Season of the Bike, by Dave Karlotski

There is cold, and there is cold on a motorcycle. Cold on a motorcycle is like being beaten with cold hammers while being kicked with cold boots, a bone bruising cold. The wind's big hands squeeze the heat out of my body and whisk it away; caught in a cold October rain, the drops don't even feel like water. They feel like shards of bone fallen from the skies of to pock my face. I expect to arrive with my cheeks and forehead streaked with blood, but that's just an illusion, just the misery of nerves not designed for highway speeds.

Despite this, it's hard to give up my motorcycle in the fall and I rush to get it on the road again in the spring; lapses of sanity like this are common among motorcyclists. When you let a motorcycle into your life you're changed forever. The letters "CM" are stamped on your driver's license right next to your and height as if "motorcycle" was just another of your physical characteristics, or maybe a mental condition.

But when warm weather finally does come around all those cold snaps and rainstorms are paid in full because a motorcycle summer is worth any price. A motorcycle is not just a two-wheeled car; the difference between driving a car and climbing onto a motorcycle is the difference between watching TV and actually living your life. We spend all our time sealed in boxes, and cars are just the rolling boxes that shuffle us languidly from home-box to work-box to store-box and back, the whole time entombed in stale air, temperature regulated, sound insulated, and smelling of carpets.

On a motorcycle I know I'm alive. When I ride, even the familiar seems strange and glorious. The air has weight and substance as I push through it and its touch is as intimate as water to a swimmer. I feel the cool wells of air that pool under trees and the warm spokes of sunlight that fall through them. I can see everything in a sweeping 360 degrees, up, down and around, wider than PanaVision and higher than IMAX and unrestricted by ceiling or dashboard.

Sometimes I even hear music. It's like hearing phantom telephones in the shower or false doorbells when vacuuming; the pattern-loving brain, seeking signals in the noise, raises acoustic ghosts out of the wind's roar. But on a motorcycle I hear whole songs: rock 'n roll, dark orchestras, women's voices, all hidden in the air and released by speed.

At 30 miles an hour and up, smells become uncannily vivid. All the individual tree-smells and flower-smells and grass-smells flit by like chemical notes in a great plant symphony. Sometimes the smells evoke memories so strongly that it's as though the past hangs invisible in the air around me, wanting only the most casual of rumbling time machines to unlock it.

A ride on a summer afternoon can border on the rapturous. The sheer volume and variety of stimuli is like a bath for my nervous system, an electrical massage for my brain, a systems check for my soul. It tears smiles out of me: a minute ago I was dour, depressed, apathetic, numb, but now, on two wheels, big, ragged, smiles flap against the side of my face, billowing out of me like air from a decompressing plane. Transportation is only a secondary function. A motorcycle is a joy machine. It's a machine of wonders, a metal bird, a motorized prosthetic. It's light and dark and shiny and dirty and warm and cold lapping over each other; it's a conduit of grace, it's a catalyst for bonding the gritty and the holy.

Cars lie to us and tell us we're safe, powerful, and in control. The air-conditioning fans murmur empty assurances and whisper, "Sleep, sleep." Motorcycles tell us a more useful truth: we are small and exposed, and probably moving too fast for our own good, but that's no reason not to enjoy every minute of the ride.
Zapata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2008, 06:12 PM   #47
Nightster Ridester
Holmes Hot Rods & Cycles
Feedback Rating: (2)

1975 Harley Ironhead

Member Garage

i ride cause i like feeling the vibration on my boys lol j/k

-Harley Davidson is The Original Gangster
Nightster Ridester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2008, 06:44 PM   #48