MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > Off Topic (everything else) > Off Topic
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 01-16-2008, 05:50 PM   #41
cashtown
Lawyers Guns and Money

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
'05 Hayabusa '98 ZX-6E

Quote:
Originally Posted by Officer.com
The man accused of leading authorities on that chase, Cory Byron, 27, of Vista, jumped from the bridge, allegedly grabbing the dog as the K-9 attempted to take him down. Byron is charged with two felonies, reckless evading police officers and cruelty to animals, in connection with the death of Stryker. He also is charged with driving under the influence, according to prosecutors. Byron is being held on $1 million bail.

Fat Freddy says, "Busas are for posing!"
cashtown is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
kid jumps form gay area bridge,falls 220', not hurt urbanXJ Off Topic 14 03-14-2011 07:35 AM
Advertisement
Old 01-16-2008, 06:09 PM   #42
Faylaricia
The Comtesse

Experience: 4 years
Trackdays: 3

Bike(s):
'02 Honda VFR800

I find it interesting that people, who may have no problem shooting a criminal human over material things (theft - Horn's case) think that that punishing a criminal human over killing an animal is too harsh.

C'mon people!

I am sorry but a police dog, which is a highly trained, loyal officer willing to give its life for its handler deserves a ton of respect. Any criminal who knowlingly kills a police dog should be charged with murder. Only punishing him with animal cruelty is a complete disservice to the animal and its handler.

I read somewhere once 'The more I get to know people, the more I like animals' .. and , isn't this the truth.
Old 01-16-2008, 06:59 PM   #43
BrutusTx

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faylaricia View Post
I find it interesting that people, who may have no problem shooting a criminal human over material things (theft - Horn's case) think that that punishing a criminal human over killing an animal is too harsh.

C'mon people!

I am sorry but a police dog, which is a highly trained, loyal officer willing to give its life for its handler deserves a ton of respect. Any criminal who knowlingly kills a police dog should be charged with murder. Only punishing him with animal cruelty is a complete disservice to the animal and its handler.

I read somewhere once 'The more I get to know people, the more I like animals' .. and , isn't this the truth.
I agree with punishing someone for killing a police dog, BUT......where do you draw the line? It's a felony in most places to kill a dog, a misdemeaner<sp?> to kill a cat?
They are still animals after all........under the right circumstances they would taste fine with a little BBQ sauce.
Old 01-16-2008, 07:06 PM   #44
cashtown
Lawyers Guns and Money

Bike(s):
'05 Hayabusa '98 ZX-6E

Dogs are great, sweet, loyal companions. I have considered my dogs as parts of my family and I figure that I would use deadly force against another person to protect them in most cases.

That said, they are still dogs.

You say it's a disservice (sic) to the animal and the handler in this case to only charge the perp. with cruelty to an animal, I say it's a dishonor to human law enforcement officers to charge this perp. with murder for killing an animal.

Don't get me wrong, I value animals' lives as much as anyone on here, but a reasonable person can see that you can't charge someone with the murder of a human when they've killed a dog. Punish them severely, yes, but let's maintain the sanctity of human life.

Fat Freddy says, "Busas are for posing!"
cashtown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2008, 07:14 PM   #45
BrutusTx

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashtown View Post
Don't get me wrong, I value animals' lives as much as anyone on here, but a reasonable person can see that you can't charge someone with the murder of a human when they've killed a dog. Punish them severely, yes, but let's maintain the sanctity of human life.
My point exactly
Old 01-16-2008, 07:45 PM   #46
Old School RR

Bike(s):
1999 Honda 900RR....sold
2003 Z1000...currently on the disabled list

Send a message via Yahoo to Old School RR
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azylum View Post
i think they should convict him for the murder of a police officer.
He should and will be.
Old School RR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2008, 07:48 PM   #47
Old School RR

Bike(s):
1999 Honda 900RR....sold

Its not an arguement of him killing a dog...the fact is that this dog is used for law enforcement. And with that said the dog is a member of the police force.
Old 01-16-2008, 08:28 PM   #48
RBLCHIC
599 Chic

Bike(s):
2006 Honda 599

Poor dog. I think they can charge him with murder of a police officer. That dog is as much a police officer as the rest of them. Sad story.
RBLCHIC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2008, 08:40 PM   #49
Rick H.I.C.
Got Surf? Snow? Track?

Feedback Rating: (3)

Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
03' 600RR, 05' CR125, 88'NSR 250

I'd like to slap the idiot that saved the dickcheese.
Old 01-16-2008, 08:43 PM   #50
Old School RR

Bike(s):
1999 Honda 900RR....sold

Quote:
Originally Posted by louisiana954 View Post
Im not sayin what he did is right or wrong im not the judge of that....im sayin for the 3rd time that people were saying that the human should have been the one who die.....that is the part that made me even get into the conversation.....An i was speaking if i was in that situation with someone else... that i would save the person before a save a dog...If it was me and this freaking dog was attacking me i wouldnt jump i would throw his a$$ off the bridge.....
This guy was a perfectly law abiding citizen and a great role model huh?.....The dog was doing its job, just as the police officers were in trying to get his a$$ of the streets. WHY the does this always happen..EVERYTIME some worthless a$$hole dies while committing a crime there is an uproar about how he was wronged or that the authorities were not following procedure because of some bs bias.

This is exactly why we the world is eff'd. Apparently now its ok to be a hooligan and get away with it. If more people recieved a more harsh punishment for their acts of stupidity and lawlessnes then maybe...just maybe the crime rate would lower. Then we would actually be a stronger country.
Old 01-16-2008, 09:10 PM   #51
Chris24
Thread Savior

Experience: 8 years

Bike(s):
1979 Yamaha XS1100 Special

Send a message via AIM to Chris24 Send a message via MSN to Chris24 Send a message via Yahoo to Chris24
Quote:
Originally Posted by cashtown View Post
Just seems to be more of a dishonor of human officers killed in the line of duty than anything else.
i bet if some of those fallen officers could speak up, they would say honor the dog more than themselves. those dogs are THE most loyal living things on earth, imo. i bet there are ALOT of officers who respect the canines more than their human partners! i know i would.

worst a dog is gonna do to me is eat my couch, get into my socks, dirty the floor, etc. k-9 units are too well trained to do any of that. a human being, cop or otherwise, is capable of anything.

i doubt we can count the number of corrupt cops in the world on all the collective motohouston fingers. corrupt dogs? ZERO!

curious have you ever owned a dog? (having one when you were a kid doesnt count, imo)
Old 01-16-2008, 09:17 PM   #52
RACER X
what R you lookin' at?

Feedback Rating: (26)

Trackdays: 8

Bike(s):
'14 Honda GROM! 181cc of fury!!
'10 Aprilia Tuono Factory-SOLD
'08 Busa - sold
A few more bought
A few more sold

there's also the financial aspect of it. these dog's require ALOT of hours of training, now you've just tossed one over a bridge. it's gonna cost ya.
Trump/Zimmerman 2016
Make America Great Again!
RACER X is online now   Reply With Quote

Advertisement