MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > Taking it to the Track
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 01-02-2008, 12:46 PM   #21
HoustonGixxer

Feedback Rating: (17)

Experience: 8 years
Trackdays: 10+

Member Garage

thanks guys I really appreciate the answers to the questions. So what kind of seat time could I get with most of the orgs. And generally how many sessions would I get for 1 day?

Any recommendations on which org to go with?
HoustonGixxer is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
value of track days... lucydad General Discussion (Moto Related) 19 03-03-2012 11:12 PM
texas track days*ride smart*lone star track days DC_The_Boss Taking it to the Track 57 03-19-2009 10:26 PM
Why do you, personally, do track days? Or why did you attend your first track day? cdill35 Taking it to the Track 118 11-05-2008 09:25 PM
Tony Terrell Benefit Track Day, June 8th via Lone Star Track Days jeffLSTD Taking it to the Track 2 05-10-2007 11:47 PM
Track Days... ratmzapa Taking it to the Track 30 06-21-2006 04:03 PM
Advertisement
Old 01-02-2008, 12:49 PM   #22
alrova
- LSTD - From 0 to Snail

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 1-3 months
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
09 ZX-6R

Send a message via MSN to alrova Send a message via Yahoo to alrova
between 20 and 30 minutes every hour depends on the org, from 8 to 5 or 9 to 5.

They all have pros and cons, try them up and make your own decision, there are lots of info on the site. If you want any specidif info you can PM LSTD guys, Buck guys, Ridesmart and Texas guys

Last edited by alrova; 01-02-2008 at 12:53 PM.
alrova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2008, 12:56 PM   #23
BigComfy

Feedback Rating: (3)

Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
SV1k (sold)
CRB6 Track Bike (sold)
Daytona 1200 (parted)
1st Gen FZ1 (sold)
1st Gen SV650 (sold)

Member Garage

LSTD...LMS....Ride Smart.

LSTD=20 minutes sessions lots of instructors+ good classes(stay away from carbonR1 he's too fast). I'd hit up TWS (Texas World Speedway) with those guys for my 1st td if I were you. At the event you will have a wide experience of people to help you out. Smaller groups than Ride Smart typically less than 40 riders.

LMS= have n00b days(thats unheard of tbh so very cool)but I would prefer to have the other skill levels there to help as well. (awesome intructors as well) small groups of 30 <---pretty cool.

Ride Smart=They have a beginner group. They seem to be addressing last years issues but that we will have to wait and see. Larger groups out on the tracks40-50). They have a Ty Howard demo around lunch which is pretty flippin cool to see braking exercises close and up front. Events are held on the weekends.
Old 01-02-2008, 03:45 PM   #24
tomLSTD
LSTD Mob Cappo

Feedback Rating: (2)

Trackdays: 1

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoustonGixer View Post
thanks guys I really appreciate the answers to the questions. So what kind of seat time could I get with most of the orgs. And generally how many sessions would I get for 1 day?

Any recommendations on which org to go with?
All have something to offer, and all offer good folks to be around.

LSTD offers 20 minute sessions of good, honest track time.

Most new track riders don't run every single session, especially in the middle of summer. Usually, the majority of folks are dead tired and sit out the last session of the day if they rode all day before it.

Advertisement