Welcome back to us :/ Our hosts data center was down for the entire day.
MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 01-03-2008, 02:45 PM   #41
cashtown
Lawyers Guns and Money

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
'05 Hayabusa '98 ZX-6E

[QUOTE=vertigo;932533]
Quote:
Originally Posted by cashtown View Post
Agreed.
And a lot of the riders who are out riding wheelies are in no way riding recklessly

QUOTE]

Who the F are you trying to kid, keep telling yourself that.....I have been a wreck, I was driving safe and still could not avoid the a-hole that pulled out in front of me, much less on one wheel......
I'm not trying to kid anybody. I guarantee that there are quite a few riders out there who ride as skillfully on one wheel as on two.

So, somebody pulled out in front of you and you hit them. Was it your fault? If not, then blame whoever it was for their bad driving.

I fail to see how your accident has anything to do with the ability of others to ride a safe wheelie.

Sure, had you been doing a wheelie when you wrecked, then we could draw comparisons, but you weren't, so we can't.

Not trying to bash, but wheelies aren't the devil.

Fat Freddy says, "Busas are for posing!"
cashtown is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Rider down 290 & Barker Cypress SourDieselX General Discussion (Moto Related) 5 04-24-2014 02:19 PM
trailer anyone by 290 and barker cypress green600 General Discussion (Moto Related) 13 05-20-2012 06:22 PM
that was me on 290 and barker cypress eric636 General Discussion (Moto Related) 35 07-27-2010 06:03 PM
Who lives on the NW side? Cypress... off 290 spring cypress Barker Cypress? NoFear Events, Meets and Rides 53 06-07-2007 09:42 PM
Advertisement
Old 01-03-2008, 02:59 PM   #42
sbfuller
the crotch-rocketeer!

Feedback Rating: (1)

Bike(s):
2006 Hayabusa (totaled)2007 Hayabusa, 2004 CRF 50

Quote:

I'm not trying to kid anybody. I guarantee that there are quite a few riders out there who ride as skillfully on one wheel as on two.

So, somebody pulled out in front of you and you hit them. Was it your fault? If not, then blame whoever it was for their bad driving.

I fail to see how your accident has anything to do with the ability of others to ride a safe wheelie.

Sure, had you been doing a wheelie when you wrecked, then we could draw comparisons, but you weren't, so we can't.

ok, take this statement to any stunter you know... have them ride a wheelie at say 70mph and see how fast they can stop. now have them do it but starting on 2 wheels... what is the shorter distance. it's a no brainer, your comment is absurd, but since you guranteed it... let's bet
sbfuller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2008, 03:14 PM   #43
NoFear
Busa Chairman of Posing

Feedback Rating: (2)

[QUOTE=cashtown;932641]
Quote:
Originally Posted by vertigo View Post

That is "Devil Business" and will not be tolerated Fool!
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength-
NoFear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2008, 03:17 PM   #44
RACER X
what R you lookin' at?

Feedback Rating: (26)

Trackdays: 8

Bike(s):
'14 Honda GROM! 181cc of fury!!
'10 Aprilia Tuono Factory-SOLD
'08 Busa - sold
A few more bought
A few more sold

Quote:

I guarantee that there are quite a few riders out there who ride as skillfully on one wheel as on two.

I'll disagree. while there are some great wheelie riders out there, they still have more control on 2 then 1.
Trump/Zimmerman 2016
Make America Great Again!
RACER X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2008, 03:31 PM   #45
FlipSideUp
This Flip Rides Nekkid

Feedback Rating: (13)

Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
'03 Honda 919 Hornet
'89 Yamaha FZR400 Trackbike
'83 Honda CB650SC Nighthawk
'07 Step-2 (ok, it's my daughter's)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RACER X View Post
I'll disagree. while there are some great wheelie riders out there, they still have more control on 2 then 1.
+1.
And I "guarantee" they can stop faster, and in a shorter distance, with 2 tires on the ground, than with 1 on the ground and the other up in the air!!

If you got 2 bikes side by side, 1 doing a wheelie, the other planted, and a car pulls out in front of both of them... who do you think has the better chance of stopping in time?

it's not an issue of whether they can ride a wheelie skillfully or not. it's an issue of common sense.
FlipSideUp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2008, 03:59 PM   #46
cashtown
Lawyers Guns and Money

Bike(s):
'05 Hayabusa '98 ZX-6E

Quote:
Originally Posted by RACER X View Post
I did word that incorrectly - what I meant was that some riders can ride better on one than others can on two. -sorry.

The gist of my argument is that there are certainly riders out there who, when riding a wheelie, are not riding recklessly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob919
+1.
And I "guarantee" they can stop faster, and in a shorter distance, with 2 tires on the ground, than with 1 on the ground and the other up in the air!!

If you got 2 bikes side by side, 1 doing a wheelie, the other planted, and a car pulls out in front of both of them... who do you think has the better chance of stopping in time?

it's not an issue of whether they can ride a wheelie skillfully or not. it's an issue of common sense.
Yes, the average rider can likely stop faster when travelling on two wheels as opposed to one.

And yes, I'd bet, there are plenty of guys out there who can, while riding a wheelie, react to a situation and stop faster than that other 'average' rider who was riding along on two wheels.

You're right, it's common sense. Some folks are good at riding wheelies and some of these same folks have the common sense to do it in a safe manner, while not risking others' lives or property.

They certainly aren't any more reckless riding a 55 MPH wheelie down a lonely stretch of interstate than a car driver doing 70 in their Tahoe while eating a Big Mac or talking on the cell phone - or speeding for that matter.

A car driver can get away with 24 MPH over the limit and still take defensive driving, while a biker in a wheelie within the speed limit can get hauled in.

Common sense begs for a little more discretion in these cases.

Fat Freddy says, "Busas are for posing!"
cashtown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2008, 07:10 PM   #47
tarosean

Bike(s):
'99 ZX11/ '65 T120R/'93 Bandit

Quote:
And yes, I'd bet, there are plenty of guys out there who can, while riding a wheelie, react to a situation and stop faster than that other 'average' rider who was riding along on two wheels.
How much?????????????

Easy test for the next time you ride... Only use your rear brake and report back to us about how much you have had to change your riding style and braking distances...
tarosean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2008, 07:16 PM   #48
isoplus
should be working

Bike(s):
Honda Shadow VT750C2, Hyosung GV650

Quote:
A car driver can get away with 24 MPH over the limit and still take defensive driving, while a biker in a wheelie within the speed limit can get hauled in.

Common sense begs for a little more discretion in these cases.
I dunno... if a car driver was drving with front wheels in the air, I'm sure he'll get hauled in no matter which speed he was at...
isoplus is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisement