MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > Information > Forum Updates & Feedback
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 12-31-2007, 02:28 PM   #1
Javi
Siempre positivo..

Feedback Rating: (0)

Forums.. ???

Never joined one till MH, but wanted 2 know what other pll think bout how one should be....

1.. if a thread is made and the mods dont like it but its not negative just not welcomed by them should it be deleted?

2.. should pll have 2 names so they can controll what u read?

3.. ever had 2 leave one because of un fairness?

4..how many mods does a forum need?

5..what are ur ideas on where MH is going this coming year?

6..what would the ideal forum be like..

i thank MH i give them my hard earned money every month and am interested on how i should feel bout some of the things i read and see here any help would be great!

and if the mods can mod and not delete what i write here it would be real cool pll should always feel welcome 2 express themselves... especially if they are a contributing member and sponsor!

let pll talk! mods arent moms and dads just mods let pll say what they have 2 say or want ......... thats what i hope this forum will be about this coming year.....
Javi is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Addicted To Forums? Racer997 The Circus 21 02-11-2011 01:48 PM
other forums. klassik Off Topic 8 02-27-2009 09:22 AM
other forums quicksaveme General Discussion (Moto Related) 16 02-19-2008 09:11 PM
Other forums? TheMagicMan General Discussion (Moto Related) 6 03-14-2007 10:54 PM
less sub forums arturo3rd Forum Updates & Feedback 3 05-02-2005 10:52 PM
Advertisement
Old 12-31-2007, 02:36 PM   #2
sbfuller
the crotch-rocketeer!

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
2006 Hayabusa (totaled)2007 Hayabusa, 2004 CRF 50

Quote:
Originally Posted by Javi View Post
Never joined one till MH, but wanted 2 know what other pll think bout how one should be....

1.. if a thread is made and the mods dont like it but its not negative just not welcomed by them should it be deleted?

i thank MH i give them my hard earned money every month and am interested on how i should feel bout some of the things i read and see here any help would be great!

and if the mods can mod and not delete what i write here it would be real cool pll should always feel welcome 2 express themselves... especially if they are a contributing member and sponsor!

let pll talk! mods arent moms and dads just mods let pll say what they have 2 say or want ......... thats what i hope this forum will be about this coming year.....
honestly, i think this post seems to try to stir drama...

but to answer the questions ans stay on topic

1. NO.
2. it doesn't matter, if the owner allows it then that it what he wants... it's a dictatorship, he's like here
3. no
4. depends on the number of people and the traffic it gets
5. it's going... to still be used by me
6... i don't know, i have no problem with anoy of the ones i'm on
sbfuller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2007, 02:37 PM   #3
maskale

Feedback Rating: (3)

Experience: 4 years
Trackdays: 6

Bike(s):
2005 CBR600RR Trackbike
2007 Warrior Midnight

I am a member of 4 forums, all motorcycle.

I regular 2 of them, this one ranks second, but is coming close to a tie with the other.

One of the other is way to sensitive and gets their feelings hurt. I once said that frame sliders were for pussie s, they nearly hung me for that. LOL.

The other is just not user friendly at all, even though it is a good site, the layout needs a make over.

The site I regular the most is the most laid back I have ever seen, its great. True freedom of speech, about anyone.

MH- well by the looks of past stuff, just more drama BS.

its the personal stuff that people let get to them, give it and take it and lets just ride.
maskale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2007, 02:43 PM   #4
Javi
Siempre positivo..

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbfuller View Post
honestly, i think this post seems to try to stir drama...

but to answer the questions ans stay on topic

1. NO.
2. it doesn't matter, if the owner allows it then that it what he wants... it's a dictatorship, he's like here
3. no
4. depends on the number of people and the traffic it gets
5. it's going... to still be used by me
6... i don't know, i have no problem with anoy of the ones i'm on

thanks for the answers and ur honesty...
Old 12-31-2007, 02:43 PM   #5
Javi
Siempre positivo..

Quote:
Originally Posted by maskale View Post
I am a member of 4 forums, all motorcycle.

I regular 2 of them, this one ranks second, but is coming close to a tie with the other.

One of the other is way to sensitive and gets their feelings hurt. I once said that frame sliders were for pussie s, they nearly hung me for that. LOL.

The other is just not user friendly at all, even though it is a good site, the layout needs a make over.

The site I regular the most is the most laid back I have ever seen, its great. True freedom of speech, about anyone.

MH- well by the looks of past stuff, just more drama BS.

its the personal stuff that people let get to them, give it and take it and lets just ride.
maskale i love u man even if i dont know ya ....... thanks for the post..
Old 12-31-2007, 02:46 PM   #6
Javi
Siempre positivo..

i just wana chill post share with friends get mad then happy... listen 2 pll even if i dont agree......... and no drama just really wana give pll a chance 2 talk and share..... if someone crosses the line edit or mod but dont delete or lock the hole thing..
Old 12-31-2007, 02:48 PM   #7
dbuck
Stayin' Young

Feedback Rating: (5)

Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
02 Honda Superhawk

Send a message via AIM to dbuck
My opinion is that it's not my board, I follow da rules....I stay outta the drama....so, I'm leaving this thread alone.
dbuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2007, 02:51 PM   #8
Javi
Siempre positivo..

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbuckzx7 View Post
My opinion is that it's not my board, I follow da rules....I stay outta the drama....so, I'm leaving this thread alone.
see u expressed urself dosent that feel good ? thanks sir thats what im talkn bout ....ur opinion counts just as much as anybody elses.. if not more cuz u just come 2 post..
Old 12-31-2007, 02:53 PM   #9
Japawhat02
02 Tona

Experience: 3 years
Trackdays: 3

Bike(s):
2002 Daytona

1. no
2. dont really understang the ? so I dunno
3. no
4. depends on the size and traffic as sb said
5. MH is one of the best forums im on right now. All forums have the BS and little cliches. Its just human nature. I dont think MH has anything too worry about.
6. dont think there is or could be one

MH is a realy good forum. Good people, good organization, user friendly, and there are tons of people on it. Some forums you have to wait hours, even days to get a reply back. Here its normally minutes even seconds if you post up at peak times. Even if some of the replys are bs you will eventually get an answer. Good job MH staff looking forward to next year.
Old 12-31-2007, 02:54 PM   #10
Javi
Siempre positivo..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Japawhat02 View Post
1. no
2. dont really understang the ? so I dunno
3. no
4. depends on the size and traffic as sb said
5. MH is one of the best forums im on right now. All forums have the BS and little cliches. Its just human nature. I dont think MH has anything too worry about.
6. dont think there is or could be one

MH is a realy good forum. Good people, good organization, user friendly, and there are tons of people on it. Some forums you have to wait hours, even days to get a reply back. Here its normally minutes even seconds if you post up at peak times. Even if some of the replys are bs you will eventually get an answer. Good job MH staff looking forward to next year.
nice thank u....... good read also..
Old 12-31-2007, 02:56 PM   #11
sbfuller
the crotch-rocketeer!

Bike(s):

Quote:
see u expressed urself dosent that feel good ? thanks sir thats what im talkn bout ....ur opinion counts just as much as anybody elses.. if not more cuz u just come 2 post..
i've never had that problem... what do you mean by this?
Old 12-31-2007, 03:00 PM   #12
Javi
Siempre positivo..

Quote:
i mean........ stop pickin on me u might get a flat on bellair and need a plug lol or a free tow home... gosh i love my self 2 much lol! back 2 the topic u chill with tango me and that boy were racing yesterday ask him bout me.......

Last edited by Javi; 12-31-2007 at 03:02 PM.
Old 12-31-2007, 03:01 PM   #13
dbuck
Stayin' Young

Bike(s):
02 Honda Superhawk

Quote:
+1, I don't think any of my posts have ever offended anyone...except my nudie shots that got WitchDoctor all rowled up

and since then, I post links instead of the real deal to make everyone happy
Old 12-31-2007, 03:31 PM   #14
hotnanas
i rock knobbies

Feedback Rating: (4)

j1D5EYOMPPA

Quote:
if it is not welcomed by them (mods/owner) then I expect them to remove or delete whatever they want. If I post something that they do not want on their site, I think they should exercise their right to remove it. Just like if I invite one of them over to my house, I still control the TV, air condition and so on.

Quote:
I am not sure if I know what is going on here.

Quote:
No, but I have seen several popular forums get hot and die due to over-modding/policing and postwhoring. I feel that most of those that left or were banned were treated fairly. And those that left or were banned all moved to another forum and kept on keeping on.

Quote:
As many as the owner feels is required to keep the site and it's contents to a condition that satisfies the owner, and the majority of it's followers.

Quote:
I think more people, who don't ride, will continue to join and pass my total number of posts within their first month or two of membership.

Quote:
eh...i think pretty technical and informative. Forums really shouldn't be a chatroom IMO.
hotnanas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2007, 03:37 PM   #15
FireMalt
Recovering track addict

Feedback Rating: (3)

Sorry... I didn't read all the replies, but here's my .02

Yes, this is a "public" message board/forum... BUT, someone DOES own this website and message board/forum. People should consider it a privliege to post. If a member doesn't agree with the rules made be the owner... find another place to spam.
Old 12-31-2007, 03:46 PM   #16
Squeaky

Experience: 4 years
Trackdays: 6

Bike(s):
DL1000K3
XR400R

Member Garage

Send a message via ICQ to Squeaky Send a message via Yahoo to Squeaky
Most of the answers will depend on the forum and what it's goal is. Some fit a niche, some are more social, and some are fairly haphazard. That said, here's my best guesstimates...

All depends on the nature of the post and the intent of the admins/mods. Will it contribute to the "society" within the forum or is it fodder for arguments and name calling? People should be able to discuss topics with varied opinions, theories, and evidence without going so far as to attack the people posting the opinions. Discuss the facts, not the people.

Not sure what you mean by "control what you read", but if a person cannot be themselves 100% from behind their keyboard as they would in face-to-face conversations, then there's no telling what low they will sink to. That's the members, not the forum. I can't blame MH for some of the lame posters here any more than I can blame the owner of a store for the lunatic shopping there.

I'm a mod on another forum and we have had less than a handful of people that were asked to leave, and each was after continued warnings to follow the rules that were already clearly posted. More often than not a person will find that they simply don't enjoy being a member of the group and they will no longer log in or come to events. That is their choice. We do wish them continued safe travels and leave the door open for their return if their absence is voluntary.

Really depends on the size of the forum, traffic, and how much the site has shown it needs to be modded. As the need increases, you adjust by adding more. If the need decreases, the mods still enjoy their time as "regular" members with little to no volunteer work needed.

I don't have a clue. MH fits a niche locally, but for me personally it is not the en-all-be-all of motorcycling forums. Granted, I ride a bike that is out of "the norm" here and I go on rides and trips that fall way outside the bell curve for this audience. It doesn't stop me from coming by, but the nature of the audience dictates what I will and will not share with them.

Again, it all depends on what you are trying to do with it. The answer varies widely if you are trying to provide technical info for a specific bike or brand, trying to bring people together locally, trying to get a "message" out to the community, etc. Before you start a forum, you have to have a goal in mind - then aim for it.

I hope this helps. I'm not sure what angle the questions are coming from, but in reality it doesn't matter since my opinion is just that - my own. I'm not a "Mod " and I'm not an internet expert. I simply try to be a contributing member of society, be it on the web or in real life.

That said... Wanna meet a man and his Pit that have ridden almost everywhere? He'll be in town within a few days

221374712 L
"Forget not that the Earth delights to feel your bare feet and the winds long to play with your hair." -Kahlil Gibran
Squeaky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2007, 03:55 PM   #17
Solracer
MotoHouston.com Owner.

Feedback Rating: (9)

Bike(s):
2006 YZF600R (Street)
2009 Iron 883

Member Garage

A thread will be modded if it is deemed needed by a mod or me.(or in certain cases other members (like Eric EAC) see forum rules - http://www.motohouston.com/forums/sh...835#post708835
No one has EVER made a 2nd name to control "what you read" You are however trying to take a stab at Patrick on this...not professional. (see Bretts post about drama) ALSO several posters(friends of yours) have made 2nd names to START DRAMA and cause problems... ironic?

No, Ive never left because of unfairness.

Like others said already, as many as an owner sees fit. # of mods doesnt mean more or less modding, just means less load on each mod.

We have some ideas, and others are helping with more.

as far as motorcycle boards? I love how TWT runs... great board, low drama, VERY informative. I wish MH could be more like this. Kudos to the owner/admin/mods.

Last edited by Solracer; 12-31-2007 at 03:59 PM.
Solracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2007, 04:08 PM   #18
sbfuller
the crotch-rocketeer!

Bike(s):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solracer View Post

as far as motorcycle boards? I love how TWT runs... great board, low drama, VERY informative. I wish MH could be more like this. Kudos to the owner/admin/mods.
i agree with this, but i think MH has more "personailty". still the drama should go. to me it seems that with TWT, you are almost reading more out of a manual or something, which isn't neccessarily bad though. i like the liveliness of MH.
Old 12-31-2007, 04:12 PM   #19
dbuck
Stayin' Young

Bike(s):
02 Honda Superhawk

Quote:
i agree with this, but i think MH has more "personailty". still the drama should go. to me it seems that with TWT, you are almost reading more out of a manual or something, which isn't neccessarily bad though. i like the liveliness of MH.
I agree, I read TWT and feel like I'm reading something that's flat, boring, and monotoned....MH shows some personality and that is what I like.
Old 12-31-2007, 04:20 PM   #20
Solracer
MotoHouston.com Owner.

Feedback Rating: (9)

Bike(s):
2006 YZF600R (Street)
2009 Iron 883

Member Garage

well, yeh, I guess thats what I meant.... TWT...but with MH "flare" lol