Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back > General Discussion > Taking it to the Track
Forgot info?

Welcome to! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 12-31-2007, 11:58 AM   #1
Feedback Rating: (2)

Experience: 9 years
Trackdays: 6

2014 Multistrada GTS

Pro Racer Question

Just a silly question about the guys that race MotoGP and whatever else is out there. Do most of them if not all live by a pro circuit track? If not where do they practice? And how "often" do they practice? Are they out running the track everyday??
quicksaveme is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
AMA Pro Racer Erick Yahir Sanchez, R.I.P. Vilks Taking it to the Track 10 09-07-2014 08:41 AM
Pitster Pro Mini Road Racer. GABRIEL Mini's, Motards & Flattrack Racing 63 11-05-2012 04:56 PM
Gp Pro question... Blanco General Discussion (Moto Related) 14 08-30-2012 07:47 PM
pro stunt+pro twisty+pro offroad+pro bull fighter Din General Discussion (Moto Related) 15 12-26-2005 11:25 PM
Old 12-31-2007, 12:00 PM   #2
OG Sheriff/ Boss
Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

2015 HD Forty Eight

they have alot of seat time and most usually start at amateur levels in regional places. they dont live by a track but do spend alot of time doing testing and "private trackdays" before the season. they dont just hop and tear up a new track without hours of practice. alot of traveling to other countries and tracks too.
motobanner new
arturo3rd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2007, 12:01 PM   #3
Feedback Rating: (3)

Experience: 1-3 months

SV1k (sold)
CRB6 Track Bike (sold)
Daytona 1200 (parted)
1st Gen FZ1 (sold)
1st Gen SV650 (sold)

Member Garage

dream job
"I haven't seen the crash, but I think Marc needs to be penalized for two or three seasons! Until I stop racing!"-VR46
BigComfy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2007, 12:32 PM   #4
51% Geek, 49% SuperHero

'99 GSXR600
'04 NSR 50
'09 Yamaha WR250X
'07 Triumph 675

Member Garage

Send a message via ICQ to ArturoC Send a message via AIM to ArturoC Send a message via Yahoo to ArturoC Send a message via Skype™ to ArturoC
I would think that their contracts would prevent them for practicing/testing a roadrace bike without their official teams consent or being present.

Most of them do fitness training in the off season, cycling, running, weights etc. From what I have read over the years, I know quite a few of them will ride dirt bikes and motards and stuff in the off season, but it's pretty rare for them to ride on a actual road course.

John Hopkins broke both ankles riding a dirtbike just before the season began a few years ago. Nicky also broke a collar bone or something in the offseason on a dirtbike.
Blog | Pics | YouTube
CMRA [Prov Nov]ice #404
Sponsors: D&D - GoPro - Amsoil
ArturoC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2007, 12:49 PM   #5
Why am I not a MH sponsor
Feedback Rating: (5)

Experience: 10+ years

2012 KTM RC8RS

Member Garage

Ben Spies has a supercross track at his house in Longview, but lives in Dallas most of the time...last I heard. Lots of cycling and conditioning.

Colin has a "private" dirt course in Conroe...sshhh

All of the top riders ride something with 2 wheels all year long. The winter after Colin won his first WSB championship, I ran into him in "the forest" on his Goldwing...very cool BTW

SCRC John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2008, 08:39 PM   #6
LSTD Mob Cappo
Feedback Rating: (2)

Experience: 1-3 months
Trackdays: 1

Member Garage

Between tire testing, chassis development, suspension development, etc, etc, etc, those guys get all kinds of seat time.

They have team practice days, private instruction days, development days- it's a year 'round thing.

The racers spend a lot of time training in the gym and road work with bicycles. Some of those guys are better conditioned than athletes in other sports!
I am Tyler Durdin's bad attitude.
tomLSTD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2008, 06:12 PM   #7

07 Red Wing CBR600RR

Apart from cycling and jogging... dirt-background riders like Stoner... rides their dirtbike on their farms.. asphalt riders like DePuniet rides Motards for their training..
Codename: Benzyl Potassium Hydroxide
Tagname: 2007 Red Wing Closed Body Racer Inline-4 599mL Race Ready
Tracks : HRC-OK, OHR, MSR-C, TWS (Texas World Speedway).

For sale: Alth Wave Rotors (Italian baby!) for 03-07 CBR600RR
ChemiKaze is offline   Reply With Quote