Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back > Technical > How To's and Q & A's
Forgot info?

Welcome to! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 12-30-2007, 09:30 PM   #1
i ride really slow
Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 7 years
Trackdays: 1

Does anyone know how to paint pearl?

i've painted solid color and tried matallic a couple of times. well this is going to be my first time painting pearl so i want to know whats the best way to do the process. i will be doing alot of testing before using it on my vehicle. i have extra bumpers and doors that i can practic on.
yamaR6281 is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
PEARL HARBOR Azylum Off Topic 38 03-30-2009 03:09 PM
Anyone have any BB games that work on the Pearl (8130)? Blue91 Off Topic 1 11-25-2008 06:30 PM
Pearl necklace BigComfy Off Topic 6 03-22-2007 04:50 PM
Old 12-31-2007, 02:24 AM   #2
moving chicane
Feedback Rating: (0)

base, pearl, and clear.
level5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2007, 03:22 AM   #3
Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 4 years
Trackdays: 6

Member Garage

Send a message via ICQ to Squeaky Send a message via Yahoo to Squeaky
Has to be laid down evenly. Read the tech info about the spray pattern/overlap and stick to it! Keep the gun evenly spaced and moving along at a steady pace. There's no "hit that spot again" touch-ups with pearls.

The number of coats will alter the final outcome - so do all the pieces in order and move through them the same number of times. The test sprays should be done to determine how many coats you like, so try a few and label them to make sure you know which you like and how to replicate it.
'03 VStrom 1k "Wilbur"
'98 XR400R "Templeton"
"Forget not that the Earth delights to feel your bare feet and the winds long to play with your hair." -Kahlil Gibran
Squeaky is offline   Reply With Quote