MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > Off Topic (everything else) > Off Topic
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 12-30-2007, 02:59 PM   #1
S_M_J82
Prime Time!!!

Feedback Rating: (3)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

2003 kawasaki z1000

Send a message via AIM to S_M_J82
Pet Bird?

Does anyone have any pet birds on here. and could maybe recommend one for a decent pet? We had a Goffin Cockatoo but she needs special help so we gave her back. Took home a yellow crested cockatoo and she went bizerk and started attacking us today for no reason so we returned her as well. Does anyone have any experience with the eclectic parrots? just looking for some input thanks
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Flappy bird!! Bounce305 Off Topic 27 03-21-2014 12:20 AM
bad bird... Javi Off Topic 2 08-13-2007 12:24 PM
Hit a bird silverceptor General Discussion (Moto Related) 7 05-16-2007 08:48 PM
its a bird.....its a plane.... Solracer Off Topic 1 03-02-2007 02:00 AM
Bird stud ScooterTrash Off Topic 22 06-16-2006 09:26 PM
Advertisement
Old 12-30-2007, 04:02 PM   #2
DvlRacer
cerca trova

Feedback Rating: (52)

Member Garage

OoOo, cool thread. I've always wanted another bird. If anyone has one they don't want anymore
"And so, this tiny metal deathtrap becomes known as the ultimate form of freedom. Like a steampunk cyborg, man and machine fuse to make a symbol of what you can become when style and speed matter more than safety and efficiency. Is it any wonder that some people just get mad every time they see a motorcycle go by? Because it challenges everything they have, while proving to them that they donít have enough."
DvlRacer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2007, 04:26 PM   #3
pester
Black olives matter

Feedback Rating: (12)

Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
2007 yamaha fz6
1998 yamaha wr 400 motard

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by S_M_J82 View Post
Does anyone have any pet birds on here. and could maybe recommend one for a decent pet? We had a Goffin Cockatoo but she needs special help so we gave her back. Took home a yellow crested cockatoo and she went bizerk and started attacking us today for no reason so we returned her as well. Does anyone have any experience with the eclectic parrots? just looking for some input thanks

i have owned many parrots and none attacked me man thats funny tho

but at the same time i understand you they can get wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1sickGixxer View Post
nevermind ima bumbass and ill get my wife 2 do it 2nite.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyt915 View Post
I know enough Spanish to stick you with a knife cabron
pester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2007, 04:37 PM   #4
Squoddybody
This is me.

Feedback Rating: (5)

Experience: 8 years

Bike(s):
Custom 2003 SV650

The birds you're bringing home are scared- they're not attacking because they are mean. You have to be patient with your new pet. Once he trusts you, he'll stop trying to kill you. Maybe. B

follow me on IG - squoddybody
Squoddybody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2007, 05:15 PM   #5
S_M_J82
Prime Time!!!

2003 kawasaki z1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by squoddybody View Post
The birds you're bringing home are scared- they're not attacking because they are mean. You have to be patient with your new pet. Once he trusts you, he'll stop trying to kill you. Maybe. B
haha no. actually i was told from the pet store that Zoey didn't like men, but she loved tiffany so we gave her a shot. unfortunately. she still doesn't like men lol. actually i got to pick the bird this time. And i picked a femal eclectus.. she's a good look bird. red and blue and she is about 4 years old. talks a lot and very gentle
Old 12-30-2007, 05:17 PM   #6
pester
Black olives matter

Feedback Rating: (12)

Bike(s):
2007 yamaha fz6
1998 yamaha wr 400 motard

Member Garage

Quote:
haha no. actually i was told from the pet store that Zoey didn't like men, but she loved tiffany so we gave her a shot. unfortunately. she still doesn't like men lol. actually i got to pick the bird this time. And i picked a femal eclectus.. she's a good look bird. red and blue and she is about 4 years old. talks a lot and very gentle
just dont let those birds get acquainted to your girlfriend since they dont like men

you know they will start giving the wrong advices about us

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1sickGixxer View Post
nevermind ima bumbass and ill get my wife 2 do it 2nite.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyt915 View Post
I know enough Spanish to stick you with a knife cabron
pester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2007, 12:01 AM   #7
yankee

Feedback Rating: (0)

Bike(s):
08 HD Nightster

Quote:
I have a goffin cockatoo, I brought her home about a yr ago. She had her feathers plucked but I took her anyway thinking with attn she would stop, but she hasnt. Everytime she grows in new feathers but pulls them out. Is that the problem you had with yours?

I had an african grey for about 2yrs, great bird and very smart. Bad thing is they'll bond with 1 person, so if your looking for a family bird this isnt the one. Great bird though, I miss mine. I moved into a new apt and the fumes from the new carpet killed him.
Old 12-31-2007, 12:14 AM   #8
Tricki

Bike(s):
2005 Suzuki Gsxr 750 Anniversary

ABC Pets in Humble specializes in birds. Maybe they could help ya!
Tricki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2007, 12:16 AM   #9
Squoddybody
This is me.

Feedback Rating: (5)

Experience: 8 years

Bike(s):
Custom 2003 SV650

Quote:
Originally Posted by yankee View Post
I have a goffin cockatoo, I brought her home about a yr ago. She had her feathers plucked but I took her anyway thinking with attn she would stop, but she hasnt. Everytime she grows in new feathers but pulls them out. Is that the problem you had with yours?

I had an african grey for about 2yrs, great bird and very smart. Bad thing is they'll bond with 1 person, so if your looking for a family bird this isnt the one. Great bird though, I miss mine. I moved into a new apt and the fumes from the new carpet killed him.
I'm so sorry- this is a very sad story.

follow me on IG - squoddybody
Squoddybody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2007, 10:28 AM   #10
S_M_J82
Prime Time!!!

2003 kawasaki z1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by yankee View Post

Actually no. the problem we had with our Goffin. was when she was just born the momma bird actually broke part of the baby's beak off and her toes. She only had about a 1 inch talon span and couldn't hold on to anything. Unfortunately she was constantly falling and breaking tail feathers and screeching like crazy. We just weren't able to give it all the attention a baby needs.. It's almost worst then a new born. and trust i've been around a ton of new borns
Old 12-31-2007, 10:29 AM   #11
S_M_J82
Prime Time!!!

2003 kawasaki z1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tricki View Post
ABC Pets in Humble specializes in birds. Maybe they could help ya!
ya that's where we have been going. they are great people they let us trade maisy back and now we have Sadie who is a Female eclectus parrot. she is 4 years old and just a gorgeous bird
Old 12-31-2007, 10:55 AM   #12
Angamico
Range Target

Bike(s):
YZF600R
TigerEX1200

We've got a cockatiel that has been an awesome pet. He too was mean at first. It takes time and lots of handling to get birds comfortable around you. Ours now rubs up against me like a cat. When his wings are clipped, I take him around on my shoulder. Removing mirrors from his cage really helped. He still gets defensive if he comes in contact with a miror. Strange, eh?
Angamico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2007, 12:55 PM   #13
yankee

Bike(s):
08 HD Nightster

Quote:
Originally Posted by squoddybody View Post
I'm so sorry- this is a very sad story.

It was really tuff, I got him when he was only a few weeks old. Here's some pics of him from last Christmas. I use to take him with me all the time, just put on his diaper and go
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	prince.jpg
Views:	45
Size:	27.4 KB
ID:	8341   Click image for larger version

Name:	prince2.jpg
Views:	49
Size:	22.0 KB
ID:	8342  

Advertisement