MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > Safety Corner > Gear Talk
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.


Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Reply
Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 12-26-2007, 12:47 PM   #1
isoplus
should be working
 
isoplus's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: NW Houston
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 658


Bike(s):
Honda Shadow VT750C2, Hyosung GV650









winter gear

I've been riding lately with winter gear (leather, winter-gloves etc), but I still get frosty chin from the wind.
Any ideas? What do you guys do to block those winds getting in from under your helmet?
isoplus is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Motorcycles Unlimited Winter Gear Sale! Patrick General Discussion (Moto Related) 7 03-14-2008 12:49 PM
Advertisement
Old 12-26-2007, 12:49 PM   #2
txgsxrbob
THE SH*T STARTER IS BACK
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: 290 @ mason --cypress
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 5,859


Bike(s):
06 GSXR 1K SOLD !
2012 R1 Moto GP replica # 1287








My shoei has this little thing on it under there ...crazy little thing but it does work !!!
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by abelrob View Post
I would join in but my KAWI is BROKE THE FU*K down again SO I BOUGHT A BUSA !!
Quote:
Originally Posted by pester View Post
NOW WHERE IS TXGSXRBOB WHEN WE NEED HIM????
txgsxrbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2007, 12:49 PM   #3
BigComfy
Senior Member
 
BigComfy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: under a rock
Feedback Rating: (3)
Posts: 24,323

Experience: 1-3 months
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
SV1k (sold)
CRB6 Track Bike (sold)
Daytona 1200 (parted)
1st Gen FZ1 (sold)
1st Gen SV650 (sold)

Member Garage


http://www.newenough.com/helmets_eye...balaclava.html
__________________
"I haven't seen the crash, but I think Marc needs to be penalized for two or three seasons! Until I stop racing!"-VR46
BigComfy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2007, 12:53 PM   #4
NoFear
Busa Chairman of Posing
 
NoFear's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Texas USA
Feedback Rating: (2)
Posts: 7,375












Quote:
Originally Posted by txgsxrbob View Post
My shoei has this little thing on it under there ...crazy little thing but it does work !!!


Are you talking about the chin curtain
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by melissa claire View Post
Busa club. why did you not mention that? that makes things all nice and peachy
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength-
NoFear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2007, 12:54 PM   #5
isoplus
should be working
 
isoplus's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: NW Houston
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 658


Bike(s):
Honda Shadow VT750C2, Hyosung GV650









Quote:
Originally Posted by BigComfy View Post
My concern is that my helmet fits me pretty tight, don't know if it will fit under the helmet (full face)...
I've tried one of those riding masks under my helmet, but it will get stripped dow by the time I put on my helmet.
isoplus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2007, 12:56 PM   #6
txgsxrbob
THE SH*T STARTER IS BACK
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: 290 @ mason --cypress
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 5,859


Bike(s):
06 GSXR 1K SOLD !
2012 R1 Moto GP replica # 1287








Quote:
Originally Posted by NoFear View Post


Are you talking about the chin curtain
? if i know what to call it ? but that sounds good yea the chin curtin!!!
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by abelrob View Post
I would join in but my KAWI is BROKE THE FU*K down again SO I BOUGHT A BUSA !!
Quote:
Originally Posted by pester View Post
NOW WHERE IS TXGSXRBOB WHEN WE NEED HIM????
txgsxrbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2007, 12:57 PM   #7
NoFear
Busa Chairman of Posing
 
NoFear's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Texas USA
Feedback Rating: (2)
Posts: 7,375












NEOPRENE FACE MASK also work very well they have other that don't look so silly

NEOPRENE is awesome in that cold weather cotton cant beat it
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by melissa claire View Post
Busa club. why did you not mention that? that makes things all nice and peachy
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength-

Last edited by NoFear; 01-08-2008 at 11:05 AM.
NoFear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2007, 12:57 PM   #8
isoplus
should be working
 
isoplus's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: NW Houston
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 658


Bike(s):
Honda Shadow VT750C2, Hyosung GV650









OK, chin curtain it is then...
I gotta find one that will fit KBC Force RR now.
isoplus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2007, 12:59 PM   #9
BigComfy
Senior Member
 
BigComfy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: under a rock
Feedback Rating: (3)
Posts: 24,323

Experience: 1-3 months
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
SV1k (sold)
CRB6 Track Bike (sold)
Daytona 1200 (parted)
1st Gen FZ1 (sold)
1st Gen SV650 (sold)

Member Garage


Quote:
Originally Posted by isoplus View Post
My concern is that my helmet fits me pretty tight, don't know if it will fit under the helmet (full face)...
I've tried one of those riding masks under my helmet, but it will get stripped dow by the time I put on my helmet.
I think under armor makes one as well which will be very slim.
__________________
"I haven't seen the crash, but I think Marc needs to be penalized for two or three seasons! Until I stop racing!"-VR46
BigComfy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2007, 01:01 PM   #10
Gixxer Geezer
All day long I'm shufflin
 
Gixxer Geezer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Alvin
Feedback Rating: (3)
Posts: 20,618

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
06 honda vtx 1300
06 Busa limited. sold
2 Gixxer 600. sold
85 Honda Hurricane. sold
56 Triumph, 64 BSA, Thunderbolt, 66 BSA Lightning Bolt, 64 Honda Scrambler. all sold






Quote:
Originally Posted by NoFear View Post
NEOPRENE FACE MASK also work very well they have other that don't look so silly

NEOPRENE is awesome in that cold weather cotton cant beat it



.. ever time i looked in my mirrors, i would think this monster was behind me... yikesssssssss... but they do work.. i got one thats plain black.
__________________
gixxergeezer 1



What part of "I Don't Care", Don't you Understand?
Gixxer Geezer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2007, 01:06 PM   #11
NoFear
Busa Chairman of Posing
 
NoFear's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Texas USA
Feedback Rating: (2)
Posts: 7,375












Quote:
Originally Posted by Gixxer Geezer View Post
.. ever time i looked in my mirrors, i would think this monster was behind me... yikesssssssss... but they do work.. i got one thats plain black.

You scarry old man Jim!
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by melissa claire View Post
Busa club. why did you not mention that? that makes things all nice and peachy
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength-
NoFear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2007, 02:46 PM   #12
sixshooter1125
Shiver me timbers
 
sixshooter1125's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Spring, Tx
Feedback Rating: (1)
Posts: 1,375

Experience: 8 years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2002 Harley Roadking
2007 CRF450r
2005 CR125r
2004 R6 *sold*
2001 xr50






On my scorpian, I have a "chin Skirt" woorks good too! Its worth all 8 bucks
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by hooligan View Post
ur moms a repost
sixshooter1125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2007, 02:47 PM   #13
NoFear
Busa Chairman of Posing
 
NoFear's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Texas USA
Feedback Rating: (2)
Posts: 7,375












Quote:
Originally Posted by sixshooter1125 View Post
On my scorpian, I have a "chin Skirt" woorks good too! Its worth all 8 bucks

U wear a skirt?
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by melissa claire View Post
Busa club. why did you not mention that? that makes things all nice and peachy
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength-
NoFear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2007, 12:11 PM   #14
isoplus
should be working
 
isoplus's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: NW Houston
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 658


Bike(s):
Honda Shadow VT750C2, Hyosung GV650









I can't seem to find a Chin Skirt which will fit mine...
I bought a face mask (covers the whole head) instead...
Not to comfortable but will have to do for now...
isoplus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2007, 12:13 PM   #15
03.gsxr.1000
Senior Member
 
03.gsxr.1000's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: North Houston area
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 170


Bike(s):
2003 GSXR 1000









Quote:
Originally Posted by BigComfy View Post
+1
__________________
Dream as if you will live forever.

Live as if you will die tomorrow.
03.gsxr.1000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2007, 12:19 PM   #16
issanni
assfault
 
issanni's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Spring
Feedback Rating: (3)
Posts: 3,006

Experience: 10+ years











Send a message via MSN to issanni Send a message via Yahoo to issanni
Quote:
Originally Posted by isoplus View Post
I've been riding lately with winter gear (leather, winter-gloves etc), but I still get frosty chin from the wind.
Any ideas? What do you guys do to block those winds getting in from under your helmet?
Go to Sun and Ski sports and get you a fleece neck sock (for lack of a better term) .....I got one last year and it's the best $10 I ever spent!
__________________
- Whip
assfault = my , my fault
issanni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2007, 09:33 PM   #17
Texas_Rebel
Senior Member
 
Texas_Rebel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Baytown
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 127


Bike(s):
GSX-R600K7









I just use a beanie (tabogan (sp?) for you canadian lovers out there lol) and cut the top out slip it over on you neck put on your helmet then pull up the 1/2 beanie and squeeze it b/w your cheek pad and you works great for me and keeps your neck warm just my 2cents
__________________
My drinking team has a cooking problem
Texas_Rebel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2007, 09:43 PM   #18
JSC_SLP
Rider
 
JSC_SLP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: The Woodlands
Feedback Rating: (3)
Posts: 503

Experience: 5 years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
'05 Repsol
'04 GSXR 600 (track)
'05 SV1000S (sold)







Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas_Rebel View Post
I just use a beanie (tabogan (sp?) for you canadian lovers out there lol) and cut the top out slip it over on you neck put on your helmet then pull up the 1/2 beanie and squeeze it b/w your cheek pad and you works great for me and keeps your neck warm just my 2cents
That's not a bad idea. I have a neck warmer that was made for deer hunting and it's Flourescent Orange! But Ima try it this weekend and see how warm it is. If it keeps my face and neck warm, I don't care how ugly it is! Better than that it was free
__________________
"It's better to be thought a fool than to open one's mouth and remove all doubt." - Lincoln
JSC_SLP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2007, 09:50 PM   #19
dudewhrsmybike
Moderator
 
dudewhrsmybike's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Galleria
Feedback Rating: (3)
Posts: 12,665

Experience: 8 years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2011 Kawasaki ZX-10R ABS




Member Garage





Send a message via AIM to dudewhrsmybike
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSC_SLP View Post
That's not a bad idea. I have a neck warmer that was made for deer hunting and it's Flourescent Orange! But Ima try it this weekend and see how warm it is. If it keeps my face and neck warm, I don't care how ugly it is! Better than that it was free
I have the same one but its CAMO! Love it. Was like 6 bucks. Does it look cool? NO Is my neck warm? YES!
__________________


It's GREEN, it's FAST, and it says Ninja on it
dudewhrsmybike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2007, 11:30 PM   #20
Squoddybody
This is me.
 
Squoddybody's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Hillbilly
Feedback Rating: (5)
Posts: 22,185

Experience: 8 years
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
Custom 2003 SV650






I just wear a fleece scarf wrapped around my neck, then tied and the ends tucked in my jacket.
__________________
THIS is me on my motorcycle. Any Questions?

follow me on IG - squoddybody
Squoddybody is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Advertisement


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:06 PM.


MotoHouston.com is not responsible for the content posted by users.
Privacy Policy