MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > Off Topic (everything else) > Off Topic
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 09-01-2005, 09:56 AM   #21
Stone_618

Feedback Rating: (0)

Bike(s):
'03 ZX6R 636

Send a message via AIM to Stone_618 Send a message via MSN to Stone_618
Re: pwned today at the pump.

my truck gets 30 to fill up and the bike gets 10-11 dollars. i spend about 100 or less a month on gas. varies on how much/far i drive/ride.
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Need a fuel pump, today tbssowner Car Forum 1 05-04-2013 01:29 PM
pwned Azylum Off Topic 23 11-26-2008 09:25 PM
PWNED!!! RACER X General Discussion (Moto Related) 11 10-13-2006 04:37 PM
oh man, I got pwned by the sun today Ramius Off Topic 21 06-18-2006 09:41 AM
You have just been PWNED!! Steve O Chap Off Topic 11 11-11-2005 03:35 AM
Advertisement
Old 09-01-2005, 10:00 AM   #22
Zapata
a.k.a Dos Equis

Feedback Rating: (5)

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
'13 Victory Cross Country
'13 Victory Judge

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by roro
$80 for the Navi. Is it me or does it seem this world is in total chaos!!! The war...the hurricanes... the economy.....and freakin George W Bush is on vacation!!!....or excuse me...had to cut his vacation short.
Dubia was out of office for a vacation of 5 weeks..cut it short for just two days......!!!!! and yes the world is going into total caos..!!!! So enjoy your way of life while you can...!!!!!!
Zapata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2005, 10:10 AM   #23
RACER X
what R you lookin' at?

Feedback Rating: (26)

Trackdays: 8

Bike(s):
'14 Honda GROM! 181cc of fury!!
'10 Aprilia Tuono Factory-SOLD
'08 Busa - sold
A few more bought
A few more sold

, yeah, cuz when W goes on vacation, you know he gets away to Cancun and sits on the beach and opens up a corona..........no worries in the world.
Trump/Zimmerman 2016
Make America Great Again!
RACER X is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2005, 01:17 PM   #24
TooBuku
Dumb Gook

Send a message via AIM to TooBuku

Quote:
Originally Posted by RACER X
, yeah, cuz when W goes on vacation, you know he gets away to Cancun and sits on the beach and opens up a corona..........no worries in the world.
I guess they just want more immediate action from him.. :dontknow:
Old 09-01-2005, 01:20 PM   #25
The Menace
We Fly HI

Bike(s):
CR250,CR450,Kx125 Fmx out, and 2 50's 1 real 1 knock off

rumor has it they have opened up the resirve tanks to use for gas the ones that they use for the military
The Menace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2005, 01:47 PM   #26
MiniBusa

Member Garage

change your fuel filters and plugs for better gas milage :biggthumpup:
Old 09-01-2005, 01:50 PM   #27
Moody
Holy Smokes!

Feedback Rating: (4)

Bike(s):

Quit buying urban assault vehicles that only get 12 miles to the gallon and all will be well. right:

Open your eyes and reclaim the freedom you were born with. - Moody
Moody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2005, 02:54 PM   #28
arturo3rd
OG Sheriff/ Boss

Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2015 HD Forty Eight

Quote:
Originally Posted by paniro187
i had no idea mustang gt's eat gas so fast.
big V8's always do.

FYI, the oil companies arent to blam for oil prices nor is president bush. its OPEC who determines how much oil a barrel costs. you also cant just turn all thos barrels out of the national reserve into gas. oil makes alot of things that most didnt even know.

best way is to ration gasoline, trash, electricty, etc. for a while and watch the gas prices drop to around $1.
Old 09-01-2005, 03:02 PM   #29
MiniBusa

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by arturo3rd
Quote:
Originally Posted by paniro187
i had no idea mustang gt's eat gas so fast.
big V8's always do.

FYI, the oil companies arent to blam for oil prices nor is president bush. its OPEC who determines how much oil a barrel costs. you also cant just turn all thos barrels out of the national reserve into gas. oil makes alot of things that most didnt even know.

best way is to ration gasoline, trash, electricty, etc. for a while and watch the gas prices drop to around $1.
yup get word out
Old 09-01-2005, 03:05 PM   #30
tbone16

This is not stange. *Gas to us is still much cheaper than europe and asia. *They deal with it, by drive high efficiency gas motors (low displacement), turbo diesals, and LPG powered cars. *, I have never even seen an LPG car here in the states. *We might be paying more than we normally do, but that doesnt mean its expensive. *Hopefully, for the sake of the environment and the world we will eventually have to change our ways. *I heard an old statistic like we make up 1/5 of the worlds population, but consume like 60% of its natural resourses. *We live extremly glutonous lives becuase thats what we are used to. *We need to change, there is no reason for us not to. *

tbone16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2005, 03:06 PM   #31
speedismo
OCD for speed

Quote:
Originally Posted by TxVrod
Please show me EVIDENCE that G-Dubya has any control over the price of oil.

You guys have China and India to thank for finally making it to the 21st century and dumping their bicycles for cars. China is willing to pay top dollar for oil.
listen big bro, i m from India.. and we pay 8 times the price that u pay here..8 times do u hear..thats is like paying 20 dollars a gallon here... and we are not "willing" to pay that..we have to..because we dont go wage war aginst somebody if they dont sell oil cheap to our companies!!!!!
and dont thank India for making it to 21st century.. thank * that your country made it.. now leave it here and dont get me started on why... i dont like doing the "my dad stronger than yours" !!!!

Travelomy:Simplify your travel.
speedismo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2005, 03:11 PM   #32
arturo3rd
OG Sheriff/ Boss

Bike(s):
2015 HD Forty Eight

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedismo
Quote:
Please show me EVIDENCE that G-Dubya has any control over the price of oil.

You guys have China and India to thank for finally making it to the 21st century and dumping their bicycles for cars. China is willing to pay top dollar for oil.
listen big bro, i m from India.. and we pay 8 times the price that u pay here..8 times do u hear..thats is like paying 20 dollars a gallon here... and we are not "willing" to pay that..we have to..because we dont go wage war aginst somebody if they dont sell oil cheap to our companies!!!!!
and dont thank India for making it to 21st century.. thank * that your country made it.. now leave it here and dont get me started on why... i dont like doing the "my dad stronger than yours" !!!!
like i said in my post and to back you up, OPEC is the only one responsible for the price of oil. NOT BUSH OR OTHER COUNTRIES LIKE in THE MIDDLE EAST OR ASIA.
Old 09-01-2005, 03:25 PM   #33
speedismo
OCD for speed

Arturo, its not that simple trust me. yes OPEC does control around 70% of world's oil production ,i guess, but there are tons other factors at play too. Russia, USA and South American countries play an imp role. There is tons of arm twisting involved. Please dont mind this, but USA has to twist Saudi Arabia and other OPEC guyz' arm quite a bit, simply becuase its the biggest consumer!!!!
I dunno if you will believe it, but US now even makes Russia step up production if OPEC starts acting too much. And Saudi Arabi is the biggest OPEC producer, and the king and princes there are the biggest owners, and their companies, (and their politics) had huge american interests. i hv studied petroleum industry as part of my studies..and trust me, what normal people like you and me get to see is only the tip of iceberg.

Old 09-01-2005, 03:31 PM   #34
speedismo
OCD for speed

and my apologies if somebody dint like my remark about USA in the last post, it was not meant to look like an insult or nething..i just wanted to show TxVrod that it hurts bad when somebody says something stupid about your country.

Old 09-01-2005, 03:41 PM   #35
RACER X
what R you lookin' at?

Bike(s):
'08 Busa - sold
A few more bought
A few more sold

Quote:

we weren't buying oil from IRAQ before the war.........

and he wasn't bashing india, but stating india and china are 2 HUGE factors as to why prices are up..........they are both hitting their industrial revolution as the US did back in the 40's........
Trump/Zimmerman 2016
Old 09-01-2005, 03:48 PM   #36
arturo3rd
OG Sheriff/ Boss

Bike(s):
2015 HD Forty Eight

OPEC is reponsible for setting up prices for oil. i know there are many INFLUECES that may set the price. thats not what i was trying to get across.

summed up its just a supply and demand theory. the whole USA will not run out of oil. once a certain nation stops pumping oil to sell, the supply looks short. therefore the prices increase. everybody wants to make money and it just hurts the consumers pocketbook temporarily.

gas was cheaper 10yrs ago but there is inflation everywhere. there has to be to keep the economy leveled.
Old 09-01-2005, 04:15 PM   #37
speedismo
OCD for speed

Quote:

You guys have China and India to thank for finally making it to the 21st century and dumping their bicycles for cars.
Quote:

and he wasn't bashing india
bashing, maybe no. offensive yes.
Arturo, Tbone and other guyz are also saying things and that to me is a much more educated and cultured way of saying things.

Old 09-01-2005, 04:16 PM   #38
CarbonJames
LSTD/TTBC Instructor

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 1-3 months
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
13 250sx
13 350sxf
12 150sx
07 CRF 230
04 CRF 50/70

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbone16
This is not stange. *Gas to us is still much cheaper than europe and asia. *They deal with it, by drive high efficiency gas motors (low displacement), turbo diesals, and LPG powered cars. *, I have never even seen an LPG car here in the states. *We might be paying more than we normally do, but that doesnt mean its expensive. *Hopefully, for the sake of the environment and the world we will eventually have to change our ways. *I heard an old statistic like we make up 1/5 of the worlds population, but consume like 60% of its natural resourses. *We live extremly glutonous lives becuase thats what we are used to. *We need to change, there is no reason for us not to. *
well some people just dont change, and i feel that this wont change anything after all this is cleaned up and forgotten about. we learn to adapt but, we are not gonna have to adapt..

CarbonJames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2005, 04:50 PM   #39
RACER X
what R you lookin' at?

Bike(s):
'08 Busa - sold
A few more bought
A few more sold

Quote:
Quote:
bashing india
bashing, maybe no. offensive yes.
Arturo, Tbone and other guyz are also saying things and that to me is a much more educated and cultured way of saying things.
sounds like you need to grow a thicker skin........i'm from Burma, ya know next to india......and they're still back in the 50's........and yes india is coming out wasyback when to current day standards.......is it 3rd world, NO.........is it equal to the US in quality of life. NO.
Trump/Zimmerman 2016
Old 09-01-2005, 05:25 PM   #40
speedismo
OCD for speed

Quote:
sounds like you need to grow a thicker skin........i'm from Burma, ya know next to india......and they're still back in the 50's........and yes india is coming out wasyback when to current day standards.......is it 3rd world, NO.........is it equal to the US in quality of life. NO.
different people, different thinking. I find it equally offensive to say Burma is back in 50's. Each nation has a life trajectory with its ups and downs. Burma's trajectory is different from India's and India's is different from US's. But saying Burma is back in 50's or India is back in 1900s is offensive.
but if somebody says India's quality of life is lower than US, then yes, it is. and I dont find it offensive because it is a fact..stated without any intoning, or malaise. Even if somebody were to say that 26% of India lives below poverty line, I would not find that offensive. because its again a fact. BUt if somebody were to say that hey Kalkat, u guyz live in dark ages or some like that, then I will make sure that I give him/her an answer that they wont forget the rest of his/her life.

Anyway, arguments always have two sides..and never end.lets take it easy.

Advertisement