MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > Information > Events, Meets and Rides
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 08-31-2005, 06:13 PM   #1
wreckerwally

Member Garage

FLATBED WRECKER

Hey I am new to the group. I drive a flatbed wrecker. If you need one call me 24/7 281-226-0396. I will come out where ever you are. I will cut you a cheap price. You will probably see me around some of the places you guys hang out. I drive a white F550 flatbed with Crown Paint & Body on the doors. I am currently looking for a bike. I am looking at a DucatiMonster750. The price is right, but I am not too big on the sport touring bike look. If you know of any flaws let me know.
Walter
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Guy drives off of flatbed on purpose RACER X Car Forum 2 09-21-2014 08:15 PM
Anyone have a flatbed trailer?? kswiss2301 General Discussion (Moto Related) 3 04-21-2010 03:36 PM
Superman77532 got hit by a flatbed this morning. Solracer General Discussion (Moto Related) 40 05-12-2008 06:17 AM
Anyone have a flatbed trailer I could use? Ripcurl General Discussion (Moto Related) 3 04-06-2007 07:18 AM
I posted it once and I will post it again. (flatbed wrecker) wreckerwally General Discussion (Moto Related) 20 10-13-2005 05:55 PM
Advertisement
Old 08-31-2005, 06:47 PM   #2
ImG

Feedback Rating: (0)

Send a message via AIM to ImG
Re: FLATBED WRECKER

well from experience, i like them and they hold their vaule pretty well, since the monsters are kinda of a cult classic. but the one thing i didn't like was that they had very bad electrical wiring and problems. the starter relay are known to go out sooner then other bikes, and the starter soloneid is a problem too. also the wire routing from the bars thought the head steam and kick stand sensor really sucks too. for some reason the wiring close to the head stem can actaully go bad with all the movement and the connections once in a while tend to come loose. bad electrical engineering in my view. but if you are handy and have patience, then you shouldn't have a problem fixing the small matters. overall these are the more common problems with the older monsters, but its not like the majority has the issues, i can only imagine a handful. there is actually a ducati monster forum, that has a great deal of knowledge. try to look for it. you might get a better idea of the monsters and response there. and last but not least, welcome to the board.
ImG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2005, 07:39 PM   #3
EFmang
secret AGENT

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Send a message via AIM to EFmang

so if we need a toe our bikes wont be just thrown on the back and tied down???? lol ......... ill keep this number in my phone incase goes down.
Old 08-31-2005, 10:41 PM   #4
86gixx

i saw a black/grey/silver new looking gsxr getting hauled off tonight at the chevron at "beamer and south beltway 8". 3 cops too. bike wasn't wrecked, so i guess the rider was doin something illegal :dontknow:
Old 08-31-2005, 10:44 PM   #5
flip326
No likey, no bikey

Experience: 7 years
Trackdays: 9

Bike(s):
'07 GSXR-750 (sold)
'05 zx6r Monster (sold)
'03 600rr track (sold)
'04 600rr Eurobet (sold)
'05 gsxr 600 (sold)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 86gixx
i saw a black/grey/silver new looking gsxr getting hauled off tonight at the chevron at "beamer and south beltway 8". 3 cops too. bike wasn't wrecked, so i guess the rider was doin something illegal :dontknow:
did it look at al like the bike in my signature??? maybe some hope if so.......i'm getting really depressed guys
Old 08-31-2005, 10:56 PM   #6
Scorpio
Twist the Grip, Let'r Rip

Feedback Rating: (6)

450x sumo (sold)
RC51 (sold)
Honda Grom 125(sold)

Member Garage

Send a message via AIM to Scorpio

Welcome to the forum. I'm a flatbed dispatcher. If I ever need a hot shot, I'll give ya a call. :biggthumpup:
Scorpio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2005, 11:28 PM   #7
Din

Feedback Rating: (1)

Bike(s):
GSXR with CHROME PACKAGE

Quote:
Originally Posted by flipboy326
Quote:
Originally Posted by 86gixx
did it look at al like the bike in my signature??? maybe some hope if so.......i'm getting really depressed guys*
hey you should call HPD every few days and see if they have impounded your bike. I do that every few months for my old bike...
Din is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2005, 12:17 AM   #8
c0rey

Bike(s):
450x

Send a message via AIM to c0rey

number please
c0rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2005, 10:40 AM   #9
wreckerwally

Member Garage

No I wouldn't just throw your bike down and chain it down. lol A friend of mine told me about the one that happened last wednesday at the exxon on 1960 at 45. That's bad. Just remember this if the wrecker driver damages the bike hauling it he is responsible for every scratch and ding put on the bike. And if the cops have it hauled they give them a wrecker slip with the condition of the vehicle like the condition of the body work and inventory of anything left with the vehicle. So if there is a dispute they also have a copy of it and they will be able to vouch.
Old 09-01-2005, 01:38 PM   #10
wreckerwally

Member Garage

And if you need a TOE I can't help you. But if you need a TOW I can help you.
Old 09-01-2005, 06:37 PM   #11
EFmang
secret AGENT

Send a message via AIM to EFmang

lol my bad ... i was just typing fast not thinking of the context. just the words.... ima up!

Advertisement