MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > Off Topic (everything else) > Off Topic
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.


Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Reply
Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 12-24-2007, 12:15 PM   #1
PoPoRiderRR
NO MO BIKE guy!
 
PoPoRiderRR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Houston Texas
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 2,309

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 2

Bike(s):
2007 CBR 1000 RR *** SOLD ***









Unhappy Why Santa Can't be real... Please Read

Nasa scientist got together and made several mathamatic calculations and found several reasons why Santa can't be real... this is super interesting!!!
P.S... Don't tell Ricky(streetcowboy)... Let him leave for the military believing that Santa is real...No need to burst his bubble now...

Santa Claus: an Engineering Analysis
1. No known species of reindeer can fly, but there are 300,000 species of living organisms yet to be classified, and while most of these are insects and germs, this does not completely rule out flying reindeer which only Santa has seen.

2. There are 2 billion children in the world (persons under 18). But since Santa doesn’t (appear) to handle Muslim, Hindu, Jewish, or Buddhist children, that reduces the workload by 85% of the total, leaving 378 million according to the Population Reference Bureau. At an average (census) rate of 3.5 children per household, that’s 91.8 million homes. One presumes there is at least one good child per house.

3. Santa has 31 hours of Christmas to work with, thanks to the different time zones and the rotation of the earth, assuming he travels east to west (which seems logical). This works out to 822.6 visits per second. This is to say that for each Christian household with good children, Santa has 1/1000th of a second to park, hop out of the sleigh, jump down the chimney, fill the stocking, distribute the remaining presents under the tree, eat whatever snacks have been left, get back up the chimney, get back into the sleigh and move on to the next house. Assuming that each of these 91.8 million stops are evenly distributed around the earth, which, of course, we know to be false, but for the purposes of our calculations we will accept, we are now talking about 0.78 miles per household, for a total trip of 75.5 million miles, not counting stops to do what most of us do at least once every 31 hours, plus feeding, etc. That means that Santa’s sleigh is moving at 650 miles per second, 3000 times the speed of sound. For purposes of comparison, the fastest man-made vehicle on earth, the Ulysses space probe, moves at a poky 27.4 miles per second - a conventional reindeer can run, at tops 15 miles per hour.

4. The payload on the sleigh adds another interesting element. Assuming each child gets nothing more than a medium sized LEGO set (2 pounds), the sleigh is carrying 321,300 tons, not counting Santa, who is invariably described as overweight. On land, conventional reindeer can pull no more than 300 pounds. Even granting the “flying reindeer” can pull TEN TIMES the normal amount, we cannot do the job with eight, or even nine. We need 214,200 reindeer. This increased the payload - not even counting the weight of the sleigh to 353,430 tons. Again, for comparison - this is four times the weight of the Queen Elizabeth - 5,353,000 tons traveling at 650 miles per second creates enormous air resistance. This will heat the reindeer up in the same fashion as spacecrafts re-entering the earth’s atmosphere. The lead pair will absorb 14.3 quintillion joules of energy per second each. In short, they will burst into flames almost instantaneously, exposing the reindeer behind them, and creating a deafening sonic boom in their wake. The entire reindeer team will be vaporized with 4.26 thousandths of a second. Santa, meanwhile, will be subject to centrifugal forces (or as Gibson used to say “Centrifugal forces don’t exist!) 17,500.06 times greater than gravity. A 250 pound Santa (which seems ludicrously slim) would be pinned to the back of the sleigh by a 4,315,015 pound force.

Therefore, we know through an engineering perspective, that that Santa is BS
__________________
We do not take these risks to escape life, but to keep life from escaping Us.
PoPoRiderRR is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Dear Santa... TxSandman Off Topic 2 07-13-2013 01:08 PM
Santa please... lucydad General Discussion (Moto Related) 26 11-19-2012 04:16 PM
Is this guy for real? Read his CL ad. I've seen it all now. txferrari General Discussion (Moto Related) 46 05-31-2007 07:53 PM
What did Santa bring you? Steve O Chap Off Topic 31 01-08-2006 05:18 AM
Advertisement
Old 12-24-2007, 12:18 PM   #2
NoFear
Busa Chairman of Posing
 
NoFear's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Texas USA
Feedback Rating: (2)
Posts: 7,375












Santa is real Fool!
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by melissa claire View Post
Busa club. why did you not mention that? that makes things all nice and peachy
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength-
NoFear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2007, 12:37 PM   #3
bumblebee
Yeah I'm flippin' YOU off
 
bumblebee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Pearland
Feedback Rating: (3)
Posts: 12,259


Bike(s):
'74 Suzuki GT380
'82 XS650 StreetTracker
'10 Ducati Streetfighter
'83 Yamaha Seca 900






Quote:
Originally Posted by NoFear View Post
Santa is real Fool!
Yeah, WTF he talkin about?
__________________
Asphalt is for racing... dirt is for growing potatoes. - J. Diester
When seconds count... the police are only minutes away.
Grow up and be a productive member of society already.
Bevo- "I lack skillz"
bumblebee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2007, 12:42 PM   #4
J-Row
Gold Member®
 
J-Row's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Pearland
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 2,406

Experience: 8 years

Bike(s):
2007 1000RR, 2006 1000RR (STOLEN)









PoPo ur just mad that santa didnt get u anything this year b/c u were bad!!
__________________
http://www.myspace.com/jrow1000rr
PGR #121546
J-Row is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2007, 12:46 PM   #5
Rawrie
The Mercenary
 
Rawrie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Pasadena
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 992


Bike(s):
07 Ninja 650r/ 07 Yamaha R6









well...I just dont know what to say...
Rawrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2007, 12:48 PM   #6
txgsxrbob
THE SH*T STARTER IS BACK
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: 290 @ mason --cypress
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 5,859


Bike(s):
06 GSXR 1K SOLD !
2012 R1 Moto GP replica # 1287








So what your saying is SANTA IS NOT REAL ? ....next your going to tell us your a real police officer ......hahaha
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by abelrob View Post
I would join in but my KAWI is BROKE THE FU*K down again SO I BOUGHT A BUSA !!
Quote:
Originally Posted by pester View Post
NOW WHERE IS TXGSXRBOB WHEN WE NEED HIM????
txgsxrbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2007, 01:55 PM   #7
BrokebackCowboy
RAT FIGHTER
 
BrokebackCowboy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 1,863












say its not so

santa .....santa....




you are lieing he is real jerimaih told me


so he is
__________________
fzr

I know CerealKiller who knows Cogs69 who knows Squoddybody who knows Whorenet who knows McKee who knows Sugz who knows Meaner who knows Mala who knows Cody who knows Hardcoresteeevveee!
BrokebackCowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2007, 02:00 PM   #8
isoplus
should be working
 
isoplus's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: NW Houston
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 658


Bike(s):
Honda Shadow VT750C2, Hyosung GV650









He was real, but now he's dead...


Aftermath...
Santas Dead

Last edited by isoplus; 12-24-2007 at 02:02 PM.
isoplus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2007, 02:03 PM   #9
BrokebackCowboy
RAT FIGHTER
 
BrokebackCowboy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 1,863












Quote:
Originally Posted by isoplus View Post
He was real, but now he's dead...


Aftermath...
Santas Dead
__________________
fzr

I know CerealKiller who knows Cogs69 who knows Squoddybody who knows Whorenet who knows McKee who knows Sugz who knows Meaner who knows Mala who knows Cody who knows Hardcoresteeevveee!
BrokebackCowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2007, 02:40 PM   #10
Candie
Senior Member
 
Candie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Feedback Rating: (1)
Posts: 10,148

Experience: 9 years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2013 Ninja 300
07 CBR 600RR (sold)
09 Ninja 250 (sold)
04 CBR 600RR (sold)
04 GSXR 600 (sold)



Quote:
Originally Posted by PoPoRiderRR View Post
Nasa scientist got together and made several mathamatic calculations and found several reasons why Santa can't be real... this is super interesting!!!
P.S... Don't tell Ricky(streetcowboy)... Let him leave for the military believing that Santa is real...No need to burst his bubble now...

Santa Claus: an Engineering Analysis
1. No known species of reindeer can fly, but there are 300,000 species of living organisms yet to be classified, and while most of these are insects and germs, this does not completely rule out flying reindeer which only Santa has seen.

2. There are 2 billion children in the world (persons under 18). But since Santa doesn’t (appear) to handle Muslim, Hindu, Jewish, or Buddhist children, that reduces the workload by 85% of the total, leaving 378 million according to the Population Reference Bureau. At an average (census) rate of 3.5 children per household, that’s 91.8 million homes. One presumes there is at least one good child per house.

3. Santa has 31 hours of Christmas to work with, thanks to the different time zones and the rotation of the earth, assuming he travels east to west (which seems logical). This works out to 822.6 visits per second. This is to say that for each Christian household with good children, Santa has 1/1000th of a second to park, hop out of the sleigh, jump down the chimney, fill the stocking, distribute the remaining presents under the tree, eat whatever snacks have been left, get back up the chimney, get back into the sleigh and move on to the next house. Assuming that each of these 91.8 million stops are evenly distributed around the earth, which, of course, we know to be false, but for the purposes of our calculations we will accept, we are now talking about 0.78 miles per household, for a total trip of 75.5 million miles, not counting stops to do what most of us do at least once every 31 hours, plus feeding, etc. That means that Santa’s sleigh is moving at 650 miles per second, 3000 times the speed of sound. For purposes of comparison, the fastest man-made vehicle on earth, the Ulysses space probe, moves at a poky 27.4 miles per second - a conventional reindeer can run, at tops 15 miles per hour.

4. The payload on the sleigh adds another interesting element. Assuming each child gets nothing more than a medium sized LEGO set (2 pounds), the sleigh is carrying 321,300 tons, not counting Santa, who is invariably described as overweight. On land, conventional reindeer can pull no more than 300 pounds. Even granting the “flying reindeer” can pull TEN TIMES the normal amount, we cannot do the job with eight, or even nine. We need 214,200 reindeer. This increased the payload - not even counting the weight of the sleigh to 353,430 tons. Again, for comparison - this is four times the weight of the Queen Elizabeth - 5,353,000 tons traveling at 650 miles per second creates enormous air resistance. This will heat the reindeer up in the same fashion as spacecrafts re-entering the earth’s atmosphere. The lead pair will absorb 14.3 quintillion joules of energy per second each. In short, they will burst into flames almost instantaneously, exposing the reindeer behind them, and creating a deafening sonic boom in their wake. The entire reindeer team will be vaporized with 4.26 thousandths of a second. Santa, meanwhile, will be subject to centrifugal forces (or as Gibson used to say “Centrifugal forces don’t exist!) 17,500.06 times greater than gravity. A 250 pound Santa (which seems ludicrously slim) would be pinned to the back of the sleigh by a 4,315,015 pound force.

Therefore, we know through an engineering perspective, that that Santa is BS

I am giving you my Grinch title! You have earned it more that me, and that is saying alot!
__________________
If people do not like you then they will not like your .

Last edited by Candie; 12-24-2007 at 02:43 PM.
Candie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2007, 02:45 PM   #11
witchdoctor575
certified shutterbug
 
witchdoctor575's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Alvin
Feedback Rating: (11)
Posts: 23,547

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
07 triumph D675(sold)
05 busa LE (sold)
03 rc51 (sold)
99 superhawk (wrecked)
01 shadow 1100 (sold)

Member Garage





Quote:
Originally Posted by RRChic View Post
I am giving you my Grinch title! You have earned it more that me, and that is saying alot!

WTF?? you are only allowed one title at a time....yours is name tag !
witchdoctor575 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2007, 02:48 PM   #12
Candie
Senior Member
 
Candie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Feedback Rating: (1)
Posts: 10,148

Experience: 9 years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2013 Ninja 300
07 CBR 600RR (sold)
09 Ninja 250 (sold)
04 CBR 600RR (sold)
04 GSXR 600 (sold)



Quote:
Originally Posted by witchdoctor575 View Post
WTF?? you are only allowed one title at a time....yours is name tag !
I am a popular girl!!!

I like name tag !!! I will keep that one and give Ariel the Grinch!
__________________
If people do not like you then they will not like your .
Candie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2007, 02:50 PM   #13
Mala Lingua
Optimistic Cynic
 
Mala Lingua's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: SE Side!
Feedback Rating: (5)
Posts: 10,983

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
'06 600RR (Mogee)
Phifty (Fuglee)





PopoRider's just a mean ol' Santa hater.
Mala Lingua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2007, 02:51 PM   #14
Mala Lingua
Optimistic Cynic
 
Mala Lingua's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: SE Side!
Feedback Rating: (5)
Posts: 10,983

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
'06 600RR (Mogee)
Phifty (Fuglee)





Quote:
Originally Posted by RRChic View Post
I am a popular girl!!!

I like name tag !!! I will keep that one and give Ariel the Grinch!
Mala Lingua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2007, 02:54 PM   #15
Candie
Senior Member
 
Candie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Feedback Rating: (1)
Posts: 10,148

Experience: 9 years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2013 Ninja 300
07 CBR 600RR (sold)
09 Ninja 250 (sold)
04 CBR 600RR (sold)
04 GSXR 600 (sold)



Quote:
Originally Posted by Mala Lingua View Post

What did I spell it wrong???
__________________
If people do not like you then they will not like your .
Candie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2007, 04:28 PM   #16
pester
Black olives matter
 
pester's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Montgomery cty
Feedback Rating: (12)
Posts: 15,268

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
2007 yamaha fz6
1998 yamaha wr 400 motard



Member Garage





Quote:
Originally Posted by Mala Lingua View Post
PopoRider's just a mean ol' Santa hater.
yes i bet he caught santa speeding and he called like 10 more units for back up

chased him just to see santa ran away down 1960

thats why he is
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by honorsdaddy View Post
Technology has insulated the stupid from the rightful consequences of their actions - and exposed the rest of us to the damage they can cause.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1sickGixxer View Post
nevermind ima bumbass and ill get my wife 2 do it 2nite.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyt915 View Post
I know enough Spanish to stick you with a knife cabron
pester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2007, 04:54 PM   #17
Mala Lingua
Optimistic Cynic
 
Mala Lingua's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: SE Side!
Feedback Rating: (5)
Posts: 10,983

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
'06 600RR (Mogee)
Phifty (Fuglee)





Quote:
Originally Posted by RRChic View Post
What did I spell it wrong???
Not that--it's just funny.
Mala Lingua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2007, 05:05 PM   #18
texlurch
Official MH tag inspector
 
texlurch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Smack dab in the middle of Colo
Feedback Rating: (2)
Posts: 10,235

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
04 ZX-10R
02 ZX-12R BOTM 12/11
00 ZX-12R
07 GSXR 600
00 TL1000R BOTM 07/12 (sold)

Member Garage





This analysis is spot on. Other than the fact that the scientist discounted the "magic" factor.


Now, we all know Santa is magic, don't we?


Geeezz... Popo should know better than that!
__________________
sig pic
A wise man once told me: "No matter how fine she is, just remember. Somewhere, someone is tired of her !"
.
.... Home of the "Black Ninja's"
texlurch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2007, 08:12 PM   #19
PoPoRiderRR
NO MO BIKE guy!
 
PoPoRiderRR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Houston Texas
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 2,309

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 2

Bike(s):
2007 CBR 1000 RR *** SOLD ***









PoPoRiderRR is the GRINCH!!! Thanks all...
__________________
We do not take these risks to escape life, but to keep life from escaping Us.
PoPoRiderRR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2007, 10:42 PM   #20
ANTISOCIAL
Senior Member
 
ANTISOCIAL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Earth
Feedback Rating: (1)
Posts: 5,035


Bike(s):
05 cbr 600 rr









Send a message via AIM to ANTISOCIAL
Quote:
Originally Posted by bumblebee View Post
Yeah, WTF he talkin about?
he's talkin bout santa being FOR REAL !!
ANTISOCIAL is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Advertisement


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:40 PM.


MotoHouston.com is not responsible for the content posted by users.
Privacy Policy