MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > Off Topic (everything else) > Off Topic
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 12-25-2007, 08:18 AM   #41
texlurch
Official MH tag inspector

Feedback Rating: (2)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
04 ZX-10R
02 ZX-12R BOTM 12/11
00 ZX-12R
07 GSXR 600
00 TL1000R BOTM 07/12 (sold)

Member Garage

I guess this means Mala is "hardcore" now also? LOL!!!
.... Home of the "Black Ninja's"
texlurch is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Christmas Eve. What did you do? dudewhrsmybike Off Topic 23 12-26-2007 11:20 AM
Christmas Eve Ride? XRCajun Events, Meets and Rides 27 12-24-2007 12:29 PM
**** republic waste paniro187 Off Topic 14 02-01-2007 12:40 PM
Advertisement
Old 12-25-2007, 12:15 PM   #42
Mala Lingua
Optimistic Cynic

Feedback Rating: (5)

Bike(s):
'06 600RR (Mogee)
Phifty (Fuglee)

Quote:
Originally Posted by texlurch View Post
I guess this means Mala is "hardcore" now also? LOL!!!
Ehh, I don't think I can be truly considered hardcore after surrendering my license and dumpster treasure to Blue Moon security pressure. I mean, I had to stand 10 feet from the alleged "scene of the crime" shivering and taking surreptitious swipes at my rapidly escalating post-nasal drip. So not the embodiment of hardcore.

Sigh. I'm still lamenting the comforter though. It was a nice dark maroon and really sparkly. I think Steve only missed not getting the candy arcade. Twas tragical, but life goes on.
Mala Lingua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2007, 01:19 PM   #43
hardcoresteve
Hero since birth

Feedback Rating: (1)

Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2007 R6s
1983 FS50 moped

Send a message via AIM to hardcoresteve
haha 296 views
hardcoresteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2007, 06:21 PM   #44
ArturoC
51% Geek, 49% SuperHero

Feedback Rating: (0)

Bike(s):
'99 GSXR600
'04 NSR 50
'09 Yamaha WR250X
'07 Triumph 675

Member Garage

Send a message via ICQ to ArturoC Send a message via AIM to ArturoC Send a message via Yahoo to ArturoC Send a message via Skype™ to ArturoC
Cool story!
CMRA [Prov Nov]ice #404
Sponsors: D&D - GoPro - Amsoil
ArturoC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2007, 07:49 AM   #45
ScooterTrash
ConroePowderCoating.com

Feedback Rating: (3)

Bike(s):
lots of em

FANTASTIC ! how the did I miss this thread ??
thats funny stuff indeed !

[QUOTE=Mr.D;2764337]
I respect scootertrash because well... He's like the Jesus of building and fixing .
[/QUOTE]
ScooterTrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2007, 09:24 AM   #46
Drumboy

Bike(s):
1993 BMW R100GSPD
02 CR250R

Why did you stay with the Blue Moon guys? Can they legally detain you?
Drumboy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2007, 09:31 AM   #47
Drumboy

Bike(s):
1993 BMW R100GSPD
02 CR250R

Oops, now I see that he took your ID's.

I would have just left and gotten a replacement. FYI, I think you need the audit # (vertical number next to your picture) from your ID to order a new one online so write that down before diving next time.
Drumboy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2007, 04:49 PM   #48
RinasDaddy
When in doubt, restart!

Bike(s):
10 Speed :(

lol that's pretty funny....how did you get into "dumpster diving" in the first place? Do you do it near retail stores? Im sure you don't do it near restaurants where there's all kinds of in it do you?
RinasDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2007, 05:35 PM   #49
Mala Lingua
Optimistic Cynic

Feedback Rating: (5)

Bike(s):
'06 600RR (Mogee)
Phifty (Fuglee)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RinasDaddy View Post
lol that's pretty funny....how did you get into "dumpster diving" in the first place? Do you do it near retail stores? Im sure you don't do it near restaurants where there's all kinds of in it do you?
No way. I never go near any restaurant dumpsters. Just opening the lid to check one out is a life altering experience.

I guess I got into it originally because someone introduced me to the mysterious world of DD. I'm more of a curbside diver now--picking up things in residential areas that are put out for the trash--but I've picked up DD again lately for fun. There are all kinds of sites to visit with instructions and stuff.

I guess I'll have to get back into the swing of things soon since Meaner gave me a Christmas present yesterday at the All Girls 50 day--a giant LED light to help with DDing. I've never had such an awful experience as that night. I think the time of year had the most to do with it, so I'm going to let things settle down before venturing back into the alleyways again.
Mala Lingua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2007, 05:44 PM   #50
RinasDaddy
When in doubt, restart!

Bike(s):
10 Speed :(

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mala Lingua View Post
No way. I never go near any restaurant dumpsters. Just opening the lid to check one out is a life altering experience.

I guess I got into it originally because someone introduced me to the mysterious world of DD. I'm more of a curbside diver now--picking up things in residential areas that are put out for the trash--but I've picked up DD again lately for fun. There are all kinds of sites to visit with instructions and stuff.

I guess I'll have to get back into the swing of things soon since Meaner gave me a Christmas present yesterday at the All Girls 50 day--a giant LED light to help with DDing. I've never had such an awful experience as that night. I think the time of year had the most to do with it, so I'm going to let things settle down before venturing back into the alleyways again.
I like to go on craigslist and look at the free stuff in there, they always have like broken appliances that can be fixed or sold for scrap.
RinasDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2007, 06:51 PM   #51
vertigo

Bike(s):
07 Busa, 03 busa, 08 Artic Cat ATV, 08 CRF50

Send a message via AIM to vertigo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mala Lingua View Post
So, the story. We're dumpster diving. Bored. For the most part, we're finding nothing but cardboard boxes. Then, we hit the jackpot. We're both inside the dumpster when Blue Moon man #1 rolls up. I tell him we won't make a mess and try to joke that we're doing "poor people Christmas shopping." He says it's cool and leaves. A few minutes later, just after I stop bragging to Steve about how I good I am at talking my way out of these awkward confrontations, Blue Moon man #2 arrives. It seems well and good until he says we're gonna have to sit tight until the regular police arrive. He explains that workers throw good stuff away then claim it later on. Cool. We both understand. It's funny at first. Then it's cold. Then it's really cold. We play "kick the pebble," but that soon looses it's appeal. Just when our spirits were flagging, help arrived in the form of the trashman.

It was simulteneously amusing and humiliating when the dumptruck from Republic Waste showed up to empty the burgeoning dumpsters and the Blue Moon guy told him to leave the one we were diving in because it was, presumably, the scene of a potential crime.

Somewhere during this time, Steve tells me Merry Christmas Eve. It's sort of sublime.

Then, perhaps 45 minutes after we were first detained, HPD Officer #1 arrives. He asks me all the tricksy questions like "how did you know this stuff was going to be here," and it seems to take him quite a while to understand that I do this as a hobby and that we only found it because I routinely canvass all the dumpsters in the area. We have to haul all the stuff out of the Civic (and it was good stuff too!) for inspection. I show him a perfectly wonderful candle set that was thrown away because one part was broken but the rest iis still salvageable. He seems to relent a bit.

He discovers that Steve and I are perfectly respectable human beings who have jobs and no police records, but still doesn't wholly buy into the idea that perfectly respectable human beings would be out rummaging around in dumpsters in the middle of the night.

At some point HPD Officer #2 shows up. I'm pretty excited because I've never merited so much flashing lights. We're told we have to put the stuff back into the dumpster and leave it. I express regret over the loss of a particuarly nice comforter. HPD Officer #1 appears to hesitate, and I think I'm going to get to keep it, but no--it had to be tossed back.

HPD Officer #1 explains that the security guys will routinely check it to see if the stuff gets taken--we, of course, will be hauled in if it disappears, so I start to freak out and explain to him that it isn't so fair since another dumpster diver could come along and take the stuff. The kind officer decides to close the dumpster (not that it's any real deterant to someone who dives) and gets rained on by a disgusting sluice of water that has collected in the lid. :/: Ultimately, the lids were left open.

The whole while Steve was, naturally, taking quick photos here and there so we can document the debacle to share with you guys. So when the end was near, I asked all the officers if we could have a group photo to post on MH for posterity's sake. They, uh, declined.
Hey, did you guys see my grandma out there, she is usally the one with her legs sticking up in the air with her head in the can.....All that retirement and she wants to get in the trash....
08 CRF 50
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
vertigo is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisement