MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > Information > Forum Updates & Feedback
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.


FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Reply
Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 12-31-2007, 02:04 PM   #61
dudewhrsmybike
Moderator
 
dudewhrsmybike's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Galleria
Feedback Rating: (3)
Posts: 12,665

Experience: 8 years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2011 Kawasaki ZX-10R ABS




Member Garage





Send a message via AIM to dudewhrsmybike
Quote:
Originally Posted by sbfuller View Post
but i also see the Pw'ing as kind of friendship builder... the more you talk on here with others, even non moto related... just helps to build friendships. you finally put a face to a name at a meet and greet and it's like you've known each other for longer than you really have. i've met some people from TWTEX and SBM and since i don't talk on those with hardly anybody, i feel more connected here. so in a sense, Mh helps to foster friendships with people that own motorcycles
Well when you put it like that then I can understand where yall are coming from. I don't look in the PW thread so I have no idea what goes on in there. Like I said in one of my previous posts, my thread post was kinda harsh b/c at the moment I had a hard-on for the PW threads. As long as the PW'ing/OT posts stay in the offtopic threads, all should be well. (Even though it is tempting to make those few silly offtopic comments) We all are guilty of it myself included.
__________________


It's GREEN, it's FAST, and it says Ninja on it
dudewhrsmybike is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 12-31-2007, 02:10 PM   #62
sbfuller
the crotch-rocketeer!
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Dickinson
Feedback Rating: (1)
Posts: 15,916

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
2006 Hayabusa (totaled)2007 Hayabusa, 2004 CRF 50









Quote:
Originally Posted by dudewhrsmybike View Post
Well when you put it like that then I can understand where yall are coming from. I don't look in the PW thread so I have no idea what goes on in there. Like I said in one of my previous posts, my thread post was kinda harsh b/c at the moment I had a hard-on for the PW threads. As long as the PW'ing/OT posts stay in the offtopic threads, all should be well. (Even though it is tempting to make those few silly offtopic comments) We all are guilty of it myself included.
yes, and at times you should be able to... it still adds a little something to the thread and is realted to the thread; maybe not the original post, but is still realated somehow. you can't take all of the humor or smartasses out of the posts... if the original topic is truly for informational purposes then it tends to get whored out less, if the original poster leaves any opening for a smartass comment, then they may have been asking for it. but i also belive that if the whoring gets out of hand on a topic and you report it to a mod and let them know, they may clean it up to remove the useless posts. poking fun here and there in a post is what gives Mh it's character. some just need to know when to stop
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by less_than_coop View Post
Its the stupidity. It gets added to our forum in normal and controlled doses which actually serves to the benefit of the website.
sbfuller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2007, 02:12 PM   #63
Swift E
Senior Member
 
Swift E's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Katy
Feedback Rating: (1)
Posts: 11,046

Experience: 6 years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
Triumph 675









CLIFFNOTES PLEASE
__________________
obama1
I'll keep my freedom, my guns and my money and you can keep The Change!
Swift E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2007, 02:13 PM   #64
dudewhrsmybike
Moderator
 
dudewhrsmybike's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Galleria
Feedback Rating: (3)
Posts: 12,665

Experience: 8 years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2011 Kawasaki ZX-10R ABS




Member Garage





Send a message via AIM to dudewhrsmybike
Quote:
Originally Posted by sbfuller View Post
yes, and at times you should be able to... it still adds a little something to the thread and is realted to the thread; maybe not the original post, but is still realated somehow. you can't take all of the humor or smartasses out of the posts... if the original topic is truly for informational purposes then it tends to get whored out less, if the original poster leaves any opening for a smartass comment, then they may have been asking for it. but i also belive that if the whoring gets out of hand on a topic and you report it to a mod and let them know, they may clean it up to remove the useless posts. poking fun here and there in a post is what gives Mh it's character. some just need to know when to stop
AGREED
__________________


It's GREEN, it's FAST, and it says Ninja on it
dudewhrsmybike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2007, 02:14 PM   #65
sbfuller
the crotch-rocketeer!
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Dickinson
Feedback Rating: (1)
Posts: 15,916

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
2006 Hayabusa (totaled)2007 Hayabusa, 2004 CRF 50









Quote:
Originally Posted by Swift E View Post
CLIFFNOTES PLEASE
this has all been on topic... read it.

basically, why or why not to post
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by less_than_coop View Post
Its the stupidity. It gets added to our forum in normal and controlled doses which actually serves to the benefit of the website.
sbfuller is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Advertisement


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:16 AM.


MotoHouston.com is not responsible for the content posted by users.
Privacy Policy