Welcome back to us :/ Our hosts data center was down for the entire day.
MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > Information > Forum Updates & Feedback
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 12-24-2007, 04:27 PM   #41
Los
Gang Member

Feedback Rating: (7)

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
'04 Yamaha R6 Edition
'14 Yamaha R6

Send a message via AIM to Los
I agree with the BS in other threads that are suppose to be on topics. It's sucks how someone has a legitimate question about, lets say bike repair, then after one reply you see, "hey dude when are we gonna hit the twisties?" ???? Ok... PM's? OT is exactly what it's for. Although sometimes OT topics are PW threads and not actual OT threads if that makes sense.
Advertisement
Old 12-24-2007, 04:39 PM   #42
Princess
MH's ex fake mod

Feedback Rating: (2)

Experience: 6 years
Trackdays: 4

Bike(s):
06 ZX-6R
09 Santa Cruz SL
Serotta Legend Ti

Send a message via AIM to Princess
I have to agree somewhat. I asked a legitimate question about welding aluminum, and if I remember correctly, I had NO responses answering my question. I'm not against an OT section, as it's entertaining every one in a while, but it seems like 95% of the traffic is here. Seems like it's turning into a certain local board that has to do with import cars. I like the site and all, don't get me wrong, but I do think it could easily be a lot better.
Princess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2007, 04:39 PM   #43
texlurch
Official MH tag inspector

Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
04 ZX-10R
02 ZX-12R BOTM 12/11
00 ZX-12R
07 GSXR 600
00 TL1000R BOTM 07/12 (sold)

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by dudewhrsmybike View Post
Interesting how quickly the thread has took a turn
Exactly what you were talking about....
.... Home of the "Black Ninja's"
texlurch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2007, 06:16 PM   #44
ArturoC
51% Geek, 49% SuperHero

Feedback Rating: (0)

Bike(s):
'99 GSXR600
'04 NSR 50
'09 Yamaha WR250X
'07 Triumph 675

Member Garage

Send a message via ICQ to ArturoC Send a message via AIM to ArturoC Send a message via Yahoo to ArturoC Send a message via Skype™ to ArturoC
Quote:
To get rid of some of the BS on this site? Ex. PW threads and people's worthless threads/posts who AREN'T using COMMON SENSE......Which happens to be a FORUM RULE!

I'm sorry but I'm tired of sifting through the BS threads and the good/informational threads.

Sort of like how I had to actually click on this worthless thread because of your crappy Subject/Thread title?

"What would it take?" Tells me nothing about the actual content of this thread.

Useless, worthless .

That is all.

<-- Repost Cop + Thread Title = You kicked to the curb if I had mod status (which I don't want lol) I'm just sayin'
CMRA [Prov Nov]ice #404
Sponsors: D&D - GoPro - Amsoil
ArturoC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2007, 06:26 PM   #45
DvlRacer
cerca trova

Feedback Rating: (52)

Member Garage

I love the site, and I agree with many of the others that without all the "bullshit" on here it wouldn't nearly be the same. The few things that bother me that come to mind is recently everyone's girlfriend/wife/whatever has felt the need to sign on just to tell people their boyfriend is on here and that they like bikes too. Wow, awesome, glad you joined for attention. For some reason that bugs me, you'll never see any of my girlfriends lurking around on my boards unless they are an *actual* part of the community with something to contribute. Also, the plain "PW" threads are a bit annoying, I love the off-topic section but for some reason a thread made specifically to mimick a chatroom bothers me. But there's a real simple solution, I don't click it, and if it gets to the point where it really bothers me I'll go to my options and pull the OT section off my "New Posts" link although I don't foresee that becoming an actual problem.

~Keith
"And so, this tiny metal deathtrap becomes known as the ultimate form of freedom. Like a steampunk cyborg, man and machine fuse to make a symbol of what you can become when style and speed matter more than safety and efficiency. Is it any wonder that some people just get mad every time they see a motorcycle go by? Because it challenges everything they have, while proving to them that they donít have enough."
DvlRacer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2007, 07:36 PM   #46
D_1STUNNA
HOUSTON PHIFTY DOMINATION

Bike(s):
05 GIXXER 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by F4i amber View Post
PWing has been limited to 1 forum - the "Off-Topic Section" which is...just that - Anything un-moto related.

The new members don't post up because of all the BS - they may not post up in fear that someone like you will say they're stupid etc.

Just my $.02...

+1
D_1STUNNA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2007, 08:28 PM   #47
1badzx12r
SHREK

Bike(s):
2001 joker custom

Quote:
Originally Posted by DvlRacer View Post
I love the site, and I agree with many of the others that without all the "bullshit" on here it wouldn't nearly be the same. The few things that bother me that come to mind is recently everyone's girlfriend/wife/whatever has felt the need to sign on just to tell people their boyfriend is on here and that they like bikes too. Wow, awesome, glad you joined for attention. For some reason that bugs me, you'll never see any of my girlfriends lurking around on my boards unless they are an *actual* part of the community with something to contribute. Also, the plain "PW" threads are a bit annoying, I love the off-topic section but for some reason a thread made specifically to mimick a chatroom bothers me. But there's a real simple solution, I don't click it, and if it gets to the point where it really bothers me I'll go to my options and pull the OT section off my "New Posts" link although I don't foresee that becoming an actual problem.

~Keith

It seems to me(and I's aint no compooter geenyus) that the only way I see a certain thread is if I click on it, or if I need advice on a particular topic I go to the corresponding section and either read a related thread(which will usually answer my question within the first few posts) or start a new thread on my topic... I do agree that pw-ing should not occur on a non-pw topic but when the topic has been thoroughly discussed it is inevitable that it will, its the nature of the beast. Maybe a "max post limit" should be set for certain sections...IMO it may or may not discourage some people from pw-ing certain threads and may improve the efficency of the site overall.

Its peanut butter jelly time!!!
1badzx12r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2007, 11:11 PM   #48
dudewhrsmybike

Feedback Rating: (3)

Experience: 8 years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2011 Kawasaki ZX-10R ABS

Member Garage

Send a message via AIM to dudewhrsmybike
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArturoC View Post
Sort of like how I had to actually click on this worthless thread because of your crappy Subject/Thread title?

"What would it take?"
Well it's actually not doin too bad in the "forum news and feedback" section with currently 500+ views. Not bad compared to the other threads in there Catchy title FTW

It's GREEN, it's FAST, and it says Ninja on it
dudewhrsmybike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2007, 11:18 PM   #49
OMEGA
good eenin *****es

Feedback Rating: (4)

Experience: 6 years

Bike(s):
2001 sv650(totalled) 01 yzfr6 now 2003sv1000

Member Garage

posted by dude:
That is it exactly. I don't read that BS! I do go to another local forum but I have to sift through a lot of BS on their to get to anything good as well. By all means I ignore the off-topic section and search through the other sections but every now and then I like to hit the "new posts" button and I'm a little tired of seeing "where my hoes at 6.2" every time I hit it.

ahahah im sorry but i feel you on that one bro
Old 12-31-2007, 12:29 AM   #50
dudewhrsmybike

Bike(s):
2011 Kawasaki ZX-10R ABS

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by omegaR6 View Post
posted by dude:
That is it exactly. I don't read that BS! I do go to another local forum but I have to sift through a lot of BS on their to get to anything good as well. By all means I ignore the off-topic section and search through the other sections but every now and then I like to hit the "new posts" button and I'm a little tired of seeing "where my hoes at 6.2" every time I hit it.

ahahah im sorry but i feel you on that one bro
There is truth in that

Old 12-31-2007, 12:37 AM   #51
Squoddybody
This is me.

Feedback Rating: (5)

Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
Custom 2003 SV650

Quote:
Originally Posted by DvlRacer View Post

~Keith

I have noticed this, too, but being a chic rider (my bf does NOT ride) it's nice to know that other girls are at least interested- IF they want to ride, that is. Sometimes they do only want to keep tabs on their guys...

However- I have absolutely nothing to offer anybody with advice about bikes. I have asked a few questions, and gotten mostly good answers and help. I like chatting and PW in OT threads, too. I think it makes the site more friendly.

follow me on IG - squoddybody
Squoddybody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2007, 12:38 AM   #52
iMrKevin

Feedback Rating: (1)

Bike(s):
04 GSxR

PW FTW !
iMrKevin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2007, 12:48 AM   #53
dudewhrsmybike

Bike(s):
2011 Kawasaki ZX-10R ABS

Member Garage

Ok so I was a little harsh with my first post but point is....

"Where my hoes at 6.gay" comes up almost every time the new post button gets hit and its annoying as . Maybe change the name to PW thread that way it doesnt stick out so much and me/others off

The PW'ing and jibber jabber in other threads is getting out of hand, not saying im not guilty of it myself, but I try to keep myself in check.

I totally agree with Texlurch on the quote below. With the exception of the OFF-TOPIC section, for obvious reasons

Quote:
Originally Posted by texlurch View Post
I feel like if you don't have something to contribute to the thread and subject, feel free NOT to reply...

Old 12-31-2007, 01:03 AM   #54
ArturoC
51% Geek, 49% SuperHero

Bike(s):
'99 GSXR600
'04 NSR 50
'09 Yamaha WR250X
'07 Triumph 675

Member Garage

Send a message via ICQ to ArturoC Send a message via AIM to ArturoC Send a message via Yahoo to ArturoC Send a message via Skype™ to ArturoC
Quote:
Well it's actually not doin too bad in the "forum news and feedback" section with currently 500+ views. Not bad compared to the other threads in there Catchy title FTW

As far as being a catchy title... FAIL!

For having 500+ views.. well duh! That just proves my point. Lame thread title/subject that doesn't describe the topic of the thread means you actually have to click on the thread to view it, and in this case, then be disappointed by the whiny-baby content. :/:

Ironic that your post does exactly what you were crying about.

Quote:
"Where my hoes at 6.gay" comes up almost every time the new post button gets hit and its annoying as . Maybe change the name to PW thread that way it doesnt stick out so much and me/others off
hoes = PW'ing Why change the name? You know what it is and you don't click on it. It will 'stick out' just the same as any other thread that is being updated throughout the day.

Quote:
The PW'ing and jibber jabber in other threads is getting out of hand, not saying im not guilty of it myself, but I try to keep myself in check.
Finally, a legitimate complaint, but has nothing to do with off-topic PW'ing or chit-chat threads.
CMRA [Prov Nov]ice #404
Sponsors: D&D - GoPro - Amsoil
ArturoC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2007, 09:19 AM   #55
t.dubya
Senor Member

Bike(s):
k7 gsxr 600 (now dead)

nothing to see here folks, stop the jibba-jabba
t.dubya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2007, 11:41 AM   #56
lilmckee
Not part of the wannbes

Quote:
Ok so I was a little harsh with my first post but point is....

I totally agree with Texlurch on the quote below. With the exception of the OFF-TOPIC section, for obvious reasons
ok ok I guess I can compromise

the next one will be called "The Dude Thread"

i thought you had my back homie, but whatever

Thanks to everyone else, this stuff only contributes to our love

where is mckee?
lilmckee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2007, 11:45 AM   #57
lilmckee
Not part of the wannbes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solracer View Post
Id like to see MH become MORE motorcycle related, but also have the off topic section stay on...Id just wish everyone would keep the OT stuff IN OT....it would help out tremendously and we wouldnt have to do so much moving and editing...

This way, people who JUST wanted to get moto info, would get it quickly, without having to thumb thru alot of , just to get what they NEED.

and if you look at almost ANY forum...the OT section is Huge, compared to the rest of the site.

exactly

I try to keep it in one thread, I do stray, but theres been less of it now.

where is mckee?
lilmckee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2007, 12:29 PM   #58
sbfuller
the crotch-rocketeer!

Bike(s):
2006 Hayabusa (totaled)2007 Hayabusa, 2004 CRF 50

i also wonder, at what point does it become PW'ing? a thread can start about a part on a bike... then move to an addional related modification, then to some thing relating to an experience with the addional mod... and then someone talking about that experience. if you follow, or read, the whole thread then it all makes sense. so where is the line between being a PW, and not being a PW?
sbfuller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2007, 01:48 PM   #59
FlipSideUp
This Flip Rides Nekkid

Feedback Rating: (13)

Bike(s):
'03 Honda 919 Hornet
'89 Yamaha FZR400 Trackbike
'83 Honda CB650SC Nighthawk
'07 Step-2 (ok, it's my daughter's)

The first thing I noticed when I joined this forum, was that it's more of a social club than a motorcycle forum. I think I started off posting motorcycle related topics, only to find out soon enough, that those were of not much interest, and if I got any response, it was something completely irrelevant to the topic, and more of a humorous jab. It's all good, I figured, because maybe that's what makes this Forum work so well... I mean, look at the stats Solracer just posted! I don't participate in the "hoes" threads, but I do enjoy the off-topic section. It does make for a more friendly outlet, although coupled with high drama as well (which I find funny, considering we're predominantly men). For more serious discussions on motorcycles and mortorcycling, I just go to another Forum for that.

This seems to work for MH, and I see more traffic go through here than any other Forum I am a part of.
FlipSideUp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2007, 01:55 PM   #60
sbfuller
the crotch-rocketeer!

Bike(s):
2006 Hayabusa (totaled)2007 Hayabusa, 2004 CRF 50

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob919 View Post
The first thing I noticed when I joined this forum, was that it's more of a social club than a motorcycle forum. I think I started off posting motorcycle related topics, only to find out soon enough, that those were of not much interest, and if I got any response, it was something completely irrelevant to the topic, and more of a humorous jab. It's all good, I figured, because maybe that's what makes this Forum work so well... I mean, look at the stats Solracer just posted! I don't participate in the "hoes" threads, but I do enjoy the off-topic section. It does make for a more friendly outlet, although coupled with high drama as well (which I find funny, considering we're predominantly men). For more serious discussions on motorcycles and mortorcycling, I just go to another Forum for that.

This seems to work for MH, and I see more traffic go through here than any other Forum I am a part of.
but i also see the Pw'ing as kind of friendship builder... the more you talk on here with others, even non moto related... just helps to build friendships. you finally put a face to a name at a meet and greet and it's like you've known each other for longer than you really have. i've met some people from TWTEX and SBM and since i don't talk on those with hardly anybody, i feel more connected here. so in a sense, Mh helps to foster friendships with people that own motorcycles. i don't know if this was really on or off topic BTW... but to me it seemed related
sbfuller is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisement