MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 12-23-2007, 10:40 AM   #21
Scorpio
Twist the Grip, Let'r Rip

Feedback Rating: (6)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

450x sumo (sold)
RC51 (sold)
Honda Grom 125(sold)

Member Garage

Send a message via AIM to Scorpio
wow. that makes my stomach turn just thinkig about it.
very sad for the parents. my heart gos out to them.
thanks for the info man. i'll lock it in as well.
Scorpio is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
“Never Has There Been A Safe Vaccine. Never Will There Be A Safe Vaccine” – Dr. Suzan Petro Off Topic 68 05-10-2014 08:13 PM
Safe's? CUSTOM ZX-14 Off Topic 15 06-10-2013 09:53 AM
is it safe theonepr83 How To's and Q & A's 43 02-07-2011 02:09 PM
Is it safe.... quicksaveme General Discussion (Moto Related) 26 05-29-2007 11:00 PM
Advertisement
Old 12-23-2007, 10:57 AM   #22
OMEGA
good eenin *****es

Feedback Rating: (4)

Experience: 6 years

Bike(s):
2001 sv650(totalled) 01 yzfr6 now 2003sv1000

Member Garage

it was the grandson of a friend of a friend of mine , said that the mom had dropped him to the bus stop early in the am and somereason he tried to cross the freeway, i dont know what the exact day was but i thought most schools were closed since like the past week, dosent make a whole lot of sense so sad, its not that common here on 45s but @ 45n and around west road its a common occurance.
OMEGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2007, 11:47 AM   #23
andre3k
I see dead people...

Feedback Rating: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pester View Post
dumb question but how that works? u sign a bill but dont pay it?

never used that before tho
You just sign a form allowing them to tow your vehicle off the shoulder to the nearest exit or gas station. If you stall in a moving lane of traffic then you get hit with the $134.50.

Safeclear allows for your own wrecker to come out. But your wrecker has to be on scene and hooked up before a LEO directs the safeclear to tow your vehicle. People will have a stalled vehicle in the middle lane of the freeway in rush hour traffic and want to wait for AAA to come and tow their vehicle. Sometimes AAA is fast sometimes they are really slow. But if you can even push your vehicle to the side then its better than sitting in the lane.
andre3k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2007, 07:50 AM   #24
ScooterTrash
ConroePowderCoating.com

Feedback Rating: (3)

Bike(s):
lots of em

Quote:
Originally Posted by andre3k View Post
Did two auto - pedestrian fatalities in two days. Both were people trying to cross a busy freeway. If you're in a non moving lane of traffic and your vehicle is stalled (flat, disabled, out of gas, etc), you can get a free tow from the City of Houston up to one mile past the nearest exit. If you are out of gas then its to the nearest gas station. This applies to bikes too. Just call 713 884 3131 or 311. And give them your exact location.

The freeways are a dangerous place and I've worked too many fatalities because many people didn't know the details about the program, were impatient, or just wanted to change a flat or a get gas on a freeway shoulder.

http://www.houstontx.gov/safeclear/index.html
good thread

[QUOTE=Mr.D;2764337]
I respect scootertrash because well... He's like the Jesus of building and fixing .
[/QUOTE]
ScooterTrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2007, 02:04 PM   #25
R1warrior

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 6 years

Bike(s):
2007 R1, 2010 Harley Street Glide, 05 Honda CRF50

Send a message via Yahoo to R1warrior
My buddies and I were on 610 south right before Bellaire Blvd exit last Wensday night, and my buddys GSXR 1000 broke down...Safe clear said they would not go to Bellaire....WTF???
R1warrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2007, 06:26 PM   #26
meadorracing

Experience: 7 years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
'05 GSXR600 (football pot track bike)
'07 SV650 track bike
'06 SV650 track bike (soon to be converted back to street trim w/'09 bodywork)
KX-85 mini motard

Safe clear moved me once and I tried to give the driver $40 for his help and he actually refused the money.... said it was his job! I could not believe it.
meadorracing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2007, 06:30 PM   #27
andre3k
I see dead people...

Quote:
Originally Posted by R1warrior View Post
My buddies and I were on 610 south right before Bellaire Blvd exit last Wensday night, and my buddys GSXR 1000 broke down...Safe clear said they would not go to Bellaire....WTF???
Bellaire isn't Houston. You were in the City of Bellaire. That small section of the west loop is in the city limits of Bellaire. I don't even do accidents there, they usually take care of it.
andre3k is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisement