Welcome back to us :/ Our hosts data center was down for the entire day.
MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > Off Topic (everything else) > Off Topic
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 12-19-2007, 02:44 PM   #41
txferrari
Banned

Feedback Rating: (2)

Experience: 10+ years

User is banned

txferrari is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
dropped during test drive admiral awesom General Discussion (Moto Related) 43 02-07-2014 04:18 PM
Test Drive Unlimited 2 Infinite Off Topic 1 01-26-2011 12:20 AM
Test drive... triumphant675r General Discussion (Moto Related) 18 09-29-2010 12:49 PM
Test Drive! specterunseen Off Topic 11 06-08-2009 09:53 AM
Test Drive Your Bike viper15 General Discussion (Moto Related) 28 12-20-2008 09:16 AM
Advertisement
Old 12-19-2007, 02:48 PM   #42
MadseasoN

Feedback Rating: (1)

Trackdays: 10+

Just curious - what will they charge you with in this case? Obviously some type of vandalism charge, but what about failure to return the vehicle?
MadseasoN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2007, 02:51 PM   #43
Faylaricia
The Comtesse

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 4 years
Trackdays: 3

Bike(s):
'02 Honda VFR800

Quote:
Originally Posted by txferrari View Post
He is supposed to come up here and apologize in person. His insurance will pay the damages and his nephews who supposedly took the car once he passed out drunk are going to pay the guys wife what they were going to pay us in damages.
I'd get his insurance on the phone with him together and verify coverage and that they will pay for it - if they will pay for it without a police report, I doubt he put coverage on the car while he had it.

Very nice of you, not sure I would've done it, and I hope for the best for you.
Old 12-19-2007, 02:57 PM   #44
txferrari
Banned

User is banned

Old 12-19-2007, 03:04 PM   #45
MadseasoN

Quote:
Already been done. My boss is handling everything. His insurance is working with us with no hassles.

Um..the charge is felony theft of a vehicle. Ontop of the misdeamenor vandalism.

Even tho he didnt destroy it and his nephews did, he still stole it.

Um, leaving a car lot with a car thats not yours and not bringing it back is theft.

Of course, with him being a 2 time ex con, its even worse so. But its worked out.
More than likely 'Unauthorized Use of a Motor Vehicle '. At any rate, guy must've been pretty 'ignant to not return the vehicle. Glad you guys got it back.
MadseasoN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2007, 03:21 PM   #46
Longnguyen

got off so easy............
Longnguyen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2007, 03:51 PM   #47
CubanGIXXER
R.I.P. Burns

Bike(s):
'07 Suzuki GSXR 600

Member Garage

Send a message via AIM to CubanGIXXER Send a message via Yahoo to CubanGIXXER
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Unassailable View Post
i left with a scion TC and didnt come back for 6 hrs.....

the sales guy told me to leave my truck with them, and bring it back within 24 hrs. i was gona keep it and drive it all day, but i couldnt take it. that thing was a POS so i took it back.
WHATS WRONG WITH YOU!
MY SCION TC IS BAD-@SS!!!!
CubanGIXXER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2007, 04:43 PM   #48
Sifu-TZ
#1 Satans' Buttnuggets

Bike(s):
Husky 450SMR motard

talked to his wife for an hour eh? what are you, cadilac man?

never ever thought I'd get to use that reference. I wouldn't have let him go, but I'm grinch-tastic like that. 3rd time stupid is too many.
at least make him wear a sign in front of your place saying "I pooped on a car and now I'm a billboard, holiday specials now available".

Fastline motorcycle school grid marshal.
SBN. We're coming for your wife and daughters.
Sifu-TZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2007, 05:06 PM   #49
txferrari
Banned

User is banned

Old 12-19-2007, 05:26 PM   #50
cogs69
Mayor of Coggerville

Experience: 3 years

Bike(s):
79cc mini cruiser

Quote:
Haha, something liked that crossed my mind.

Well, it got to a point to where they changed their attitude. In the beginning, his nephew and cousin were thuggin it hard on the phone so at that point we were set on slammin this guy. Yea, yesterday was a nightmare with these guys. They totally were making excuse after excuse and we kept telling them, "we don't want to hear Im sorries" we want action. Its like we owed them something for taking our car and destroying it. That was what was us off. The fact the car was taken we got over, its how they acted once he was caught.

But, they softened their stance so we chilled. I think its pretty much closed topic now.

The main thing was his record and I figured he was going away for a while if we pursued it.

I think you and your boss are bigger guys with bigger hearts than me. Had it been his first felony, it would have been one thing, but obviously this guy already thinks he is above the law, how many felonies does it take for him to learn? Unfortunately, while you guys are really nice for this, and much more forgiving than is deserved, this guy should be thrown under the jail IMO. If I had a record for anything, I would walk a straight line, wouldn't even speed at the chance that I could get in more trouble than the average guy. This guy steals a car, allows his thug family to on it, and now he is getting a get out of jail free card? You sir are a bigger man than me.
cogs69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2007, 06:09 PM   #51
level5
moving chicane

Quote:
Haha, something liked that crossed my mind.

Well, it got to a point to where they changed their attitude. In the beginning, his nephew and cousin were thuggin it hard on the phone so at that point we were set on slammin this guy. Yea, yesterday was a nightmare with these guys. They totally were making excuse after excuse and we kept telling them, "we don't want to hear Im sorries" we want action. Its like we owed them something for taking our car and destroying it. That was what was us off. The fact the car was taken we got over, its how they acted once he was caught.

But, they softened their stance so we chilled. I think its pretty much closed topic now.

The main thing was his record and I figured he was going away for a while if we pursued it.
It's not in your hand to decide the fate of the felony. The state will pick up this case even if the victim drops the charges.
level5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2007, 06:47 PM   #52
Dgig

Bike(s):
06 gsxr 600

crack heads
Dgig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2007, 07:50 PM   #53
Runner

Bike(s):
SOLD

How can the driver be charged with theft if you gave him permission to leave with the car. I seen this b4 and if the dealer gives his consent where does the charge of theft come in at?
Runner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2007, 08:14 PM   #54
Runner

Bike(s):
SOLD

Lying doesn't make it car theft they gave him the car to drive so where's the crime? Besides, who said he was trying to keep thought he took a test drive I took a bike from that place on 59 and kept it 2 days b4 I returned but I did buy it cash when I returned
Old 12-19-2007, 10:46 PM   #55
civicious

Feedback Rating: (5)

Experience: 1-3 months

Bike(s):
TZR250

holy , Runner is still around?? where the **** have you been?
10541 FM 1960 W #300 - (281) 477-3038
http://www.idbracing.com
civicious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2007, 11:18 PM   #56
BrokebackCowboy
RAT FIGHTER

**** THT
Quote:
Well, after we slept on it, we decided to drop the charges since his wife begged us to, plus we figured it was Xmas time and should be compassionate to this guy even though he deserves to be locked up.

He is supposed to come up here and apologize in person. His insurance will pay the damages and his nephews who supposedly took the car once he passed out drunk are going to pay the guys wife what they were going to pay us in damages.

His wife said that he's a nice guy and all that blah blah stuff and that he just fell off.

Not that its my place, but I talked to her for a good hour and pretty much told her she needs to leave him, but she said she loves him too much no matter what he does and I told her I understand.

I wish I felt that way about someone, but I don't so I truly can't say that I know how she feels.

Either way, I guess we ended up being nice about it and forgiving the guy. I know I personally have a strong hate for these kind of people, but what the , it feels good to forgive every now and then.

I know CerealKiller who knows Cogs69 who knows Squoddybody who knows Whorenet who knows McKee who knows Sugz who knows Meaner who knows Mala who knows Cody who knows Hardcoresteeevveee!
BrokebackCowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2007, 09:45 AM   #57
txferrari
Banned

User is banned

Old 12-20-2007, 04:38 PM   #58
Runner

Bike(s):
SOLD

It still is not theft if you give me your permission to drive your bike. That is the first question the law asks did he have your permission... and if so it's not theft so they can't charge a person driving your bike.
Old 12-20-2007, 04:48 PM   #59
Runner

Bike(s):
SOLD

Quote:
Originally Posted by civicious View Post
holy , Runner is still around?? where the **** have you been?

Just hanging in there sold my ZX-12 and bought a 27' Searay much safer on the water and plus most girls wear nothing on the water, no concrete around there to damage the goods
Old 12-20-2007, 05:53 PM   #60
level5
moving chicane

even if permission is given, time limits will separate theft from test drive.
level5 is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisement