MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > Off Topic (everything else) > Off Topic
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 12-17-2007, 05:02 PM   #41
Javi
Siempre positivo..

Feedback Rating: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mathews View Post
I am trying to figure out how someone(Gandhi) doesnt believe in violence.I mean if someone is kicking your ,what do you believe they are doing to you?
well thats the point i dont think i would be able 2 but thats what he was about.....
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e5sZKU4OdP0

Javi is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Another reason to get a garage itsarjun General Discussion (Moto Related) 20 08-05-2013 12:45 PM
the reason PowerSurgeD Stunters Lounge 19 04-12-2009 11:10 AM
For some reason.... BigComfy Off Topic 0 02-11-2008 04:51 PM
Need a reason to go ? ScooterTrash Off Topic 10 10-05-2006 10:59 PM
what's the reason for........... paniro187 The Circus 45 02-27-2006 10:41 PM
Advertisement
Old 12-17-2007, 05:07 PM   #42
NoFear
Busa Chairman of Posing

Feedback Rating: (2)

Police: Woman Killed When Couple Shoots At Each Other

http://www.wmur.com/news/14872365/detail.html

Woman Found Dead In Driveway After Dispute

POSTED: 12:22 pm EST December 17, 2007

NEWBURY, N.H. -- A woman was shot and killed after she and her husband fired guns at each other during a dispute, police said.

Investigators said they were called to the Dion residence on Mountain Road on Sunday afternoon. Gary Dion, 37, told police that shots had been fired at his home.

His wife, Karen Dion, 38, was found dead in the driveway.

Police said that the couple was involved in a dispute, and afterward, Karen Dion grabbed a shotgun and fired it at her husband. Gary Dion then retrieved his own firearm, and, after being confronted by his wife, who still had her shotgun, he shot and killed her, police said.

There have been no charges filed in connection with the shooting, but police said the investigation is ongoing. :/:
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength-
NoFear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2007, 05:12 PM   #43
del240z
MH's #1 HOBO

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 7 years

Bike(s):
None at the moment..... :-(

I know I said that was my last post.......and I really, really, really do understand gun owner's stances on the statement patrick posted originally, but will all this really matter when your dead and gone? How much wealth you had? Who was smarter? Who had more guns? Who was the fastest track rider, street racer...etc. etc......?

They taught me in church, that the most glorious thing someone could do in their life would be an act of selflessnes (sp)......

You know how much money I give to bums every year? Do you think I think about "Oh, he might go buy booze with this"? NO. I think that just because of my act of kindness, he might change his outlook on life......

Sorry to go off on a tangent there, but my whole point is that none of this will matter once your dead........

And no, human being dont have only two ways with dealing with each other. This is just someone's perception and outlook on life as they have determined it to be regarding events in thier life..........

If you keep looking in the pantry and finding out its empty, eventually you go to a restaurant.
del240z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2007, 05:24 PM   #44
CLETUS
Jungle Racing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Del View Post
I know I said that was my last post.......and I really, really, really do understand gun owner's stances on the statement patrick posted originally, but will all this really matter when your dead and gone? How much wealth you had? Who was smarter? Who had more guns? Who was the fastest track rider, street racer...etc. etc......?

They taught me in church, that the most glorious thing someone could do in their life would be an act of selflessnes (sp)......

You know how much money I give to bums every year? Do you think I think about "Oh, he might go buy booze with this"? NO. I think that just because of my act of kindness, he might change his outlook on life......

Sorry to go off on a tangent there, but my whole point is that none of this will matter once your dead........

And no, human being dont have only two ways with dealing with each other. This is just someone's perception and outlook on life as they have determined it to be regarding events in thier life..........
Just as this a choice between force or reason, it is also a choice between life and death. It won't matter once your gone, true, but if you had a chance for life (or more importantly a chance to fight for your life) your better off with a gun. I can't think of anybody that wants to be taken out during a robbery that went bad, but with a gun you still have a choice to prevent the robbery from happening and an even better chance of living through it.
Just a thought...
Old 12-17-2007, 05:30 PM   #45
del240z
MH's #1 HOBO

Bike(s):

I understand.....

But I guess it really boils down to how strongly your belief's in religion are....

I feel that one day, no matter how I lived in this life, that I will have to answer for my actions, good or bad........

And there's only one person out there that know's that if you are put in a situation where you have to protect yourself, if it was true to yourself, or a means of using FORCE.........

If you keep looking in the pantry and finding out its empty, eventually you go to a restaurant.
Old 12-17-2007, 05:52 PM   #46
cogs69
Mayor of Coggerville

Experience: 3 years

Bike(s):
79cc mini cruiser

Awesome post Patrick. Very good point. I don't carry, yet, but I do keep loaded guns in the house to defend my family.
cogs69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2007, 06:01 PM   #47
Javi
Siempre positivo..

Quote:
Originally Posted by cogs69 View Post
Awesome post Patrick. Very good point. I don't carry, yet, but I do keep loaded guns in the house to defend my family.
im down 2 have them around and if ur at risk like a police man or a person who deals with money why not... but talking bout it all the time or letting the world know u have it i think is not tasteful.. even annoying

Last edited by Javi; 12-17-2007 at 06:03 PM.
Old 12-17-2007, 06:18 PM   #48
SCRC John
Why am I not a MH sponsor

Feedback Rating: (5)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Javi View Post
im down 2 have them around and if ur at risk like a police man or a person who deals with money why not... but talking bout it all the time or letting the world know u have it i think is not tasteful.. even annoying
I don't know, I see it as kinda of a deterent(sp?) I mean if you know "so & so" carries a gun, wouldn't you think that would make a person think twice about robbing that person? I think it would.
BTW it is perfectly legal to carry a gun in the open. Now with that being said there are a MULTITUDE of places you are not allowed to have said gun.

John
SCRC John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2007, 08:08 PM   #49
Patrick
Motorcycles Unlimited

Bike(s):
'14 Speed Triple R, '82 CB900F, '13 Streetglide

Quote:
Glad I can be of service!

Del,
I truly respect and admire you for your beliefs, especially in this day and age when many choose to not believe in anything.
And you are correct my friend, when my day comes, I will have to answer for my actions to my maker.

In my heart, I beleive in what I say and in what I have done.

I can only hope that because of that, I will be given more consideration than the man that speaks out of both sides of his mouth; saying one thing and yet doing another.

NEED GEAR? We have a great selection in stock but if we need to order it we GUARANTEE FIT!
Where Houston riders go to have their bikes worked on, done right the first time!

muad

1964 FM 1960 West
Houston, TX 77090
Hours: Tues.-Fri. 9:30-6:00 Sat. 9-5:30
www.motorcycles-unlimited.com
http://www.facebook.com/motorcyclesunlimited
e-mail: patrick@motorcycles-unlimited.com
Patrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2007, 08:32 PM   #50
del240z
MH's #1 HOBO

Bike(s):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick View Post
Glad I can be of service!

Del,
I truly respect and admire you for your beliefs, especially in this day and age when many choose to not believe in anything.
And you are correct my friend, when my day comes, I will have to answer for my actions to my maker.

In my heart, I beleive in what I say and in what I have done.

I can only hope that because of that, I will be given more consideration than the man that speaks out of both sides of his mouth; saying one thing and yet doing another.

Understood there buddy........

Old 12-17-2007, 11:21 PM   #51
maskale

Feedback Rating: (3)

Experience: 4 years
Trackdays: 6

Bike(s):
2005 CBR600RR Trackbike
2007 Warrior Midnight

seems someone else may have wrote it.

http://www.corneredcat.com/Ethics/civilization.aspx

http://www.jouster.com/cgi-bin/gunta...mes;read=69228
maskale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2007, 11:26 PM   #52
Patrick
Motorcycles Unlimited

Bike(s):
'14 Speed Triple R, '82 CB900F, '13 Streetglide

Thanks for the links!

NEED GEAR? We have a great selection in stock but if we need to order it we GUARANTEE FIT!
Where Houston riders go to have their bikes worked on, done right the first time!

muad

1964 FM 1960 West
Houston, TX 77090
Hours: Tues.-Fri. 9:30-6:00 Sat. 9-5:30
www.motorcycles-unlimited.com
http://www.facebook.com/motorcyclesunlimited
e-mail: patrick@motorcycles-unlimited.com
Patrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2007, 12:04 AM   #53
Radar

Bike(s):
CBR1000RR

Very good post Patrick
Radar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2007, 12:27 AM   #54
logan5

Feedback Rating: (5)

Bike(s):
2001 SV 650 (my track ), 2005 SV 650s

Just to throw this out ... if you take a look at the history of gun control, you'll find that some of the very first laws concerning gun control in this country delt with making gun ownership by blacks illegal ... same can be claimed about gun control laws in Pre-WWII Germany wrt the Jews....

"The most foolish mistake we could possibly make would be to allow the subject races to posses arms. History shows that all conquerors who have allowed their subject races to carry arms have prepared their own downfall by doing so." -Adolph Hitler 1938

just remember ... any liberties surrendered to the Government is pretty much lost forever ...
Old 12-18-2007, 09:44 AM   #55
cogs69
Mayor of Coggerville

Experience: 3 years

Bike(s):
79cc mini cruiser

Quote:
But think back to school. I was one that fought all the time. I was the undersized guy that got picked on (5'-2 115# my freshman year) and I had to fight back to get people to leave me alone. I was successful because I knew what fights to take and which ones to avoid. If I knew one of them was a person who would carry a knife, and use it, I avoided that fight at all costs. Sometimes you don't have a choice, but those are the ones you let the pride go and avoid it. Same thing with a gun. While there are a few idiots that feel they have something to prove, 99% will avoid any kind of physical confrontation with the fear that they MIGHT get shot.
cogs69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2007, 10:02 AM   #56
sbfuller
the crotch-rocketeer!

Bike(s):
2006 Hayabusa (totaled)2007 Hayabusa, 2004 CRF 50

Quote:
i'll tell anyone that asks, that i have .45 at home with a round in the chamber. that way they know if they want to steal from me, they have about 2.674 seconds before i go BANG BANG.

if you have a sign outside your house that says, protected by smith and wesson... do you think the theif would choose to rob your house or the one next door without that sign?

i say tell everyone
sbfuller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2007, 11:41 AM   #57
jus10

Bike(s):
KX TooNifty

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbfuller View Post
if you have a sign outside your house that says, protected by smith and wesson... do you think the theif would choose to rob your house or the one next door without that sign?

i say tell everyone
I would say " Hey look, that jackass has guns in his house, now they're mine 'cause he's at work!" those signs are asking for trouble. I don't feel the need to let anyone know when/if I'm carrying.

And Del, and others, there are ONLY two ways of interaction, and those are reason and force. There are no other ways. You can ask someone to do something or make them by using or threatening to use force. Can you think of any other way? Choice is not a way of interaction and only arises AFTER reason or force has been introduced. If someone has not tried to reason with you or use force with you, then what would you be choosing? Nothing, there is no choice.

Reason and Force, that is all. (and of course, beliefs are what determine how you "choose" to deal with either one.)
jus10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2007, 05:01 PM   #58
Moody
Holy Smokes!

Feedback Rating: (4)

Bike(s):

We may answer to for our actions but, those who choose to live a life without morals will answer to someone first in an armed world.

And I could really careless what choices makes if it means I have to choose between defending those I love and not.

Please come back to reality with the rest of us, THANKS!

Open your eyes and reclaim the freedom you were born with. - Moody
Moody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2007, 06:31 PM   #59
Javi
Siempre positivo..

enjoy....

Last edited by Javi; 12-18-2007 at 06:35 PM.
Old 12-18-2007, 06:50 PM   #60
Mr. Unassailable
1-20-2013-Change we need

Feedback Rating: (6)

Member Garage

to the original post.

----------------------------------------------

for the people that are talking about it.

I've lost 1 friend, a grandpa, and a uncle to suicide by gun.
I've lost 2 friends in war by way of small arms fire.
I've lost an uncle by way of "slug to the face" by his wife who hasnt seen a day of prison for the murder of Jackie Mann Sr.

I own 8 guns. I keep 0 of them in my house. I keep 0 of them in my car. I keep them all in a gun safe at a relatives house. Why? I can't name how many times I would of used one in the last month if I had one on me.

Some people have enough self control to carry a gun and feel safe. I don't. But I am lucky enough to be good with my given weapons that I feel safe even around people with guns.

-------------------------------------------------

and one final thought.

It would be easy to take the guns away from the law abiding citizens. but the gangsters are going to have guns no matter what. the killers will find a way to kill. and the underground arms dealers will just get richer.

Advertisement